• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking Made Peachy

SPYMOFT

Smash Cadet
This just MAY sound like a stupid question, but what about the counter picks when you're versing an opposing Peach. Do you go for a stage beneficial for both of you, bad for both of you, or something in between?? Just curious lol

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Any advantage you have, the other Peach has.

Every weakness you have, the other Peach has.

You go to your most comfortable stage - ideally one your opponent seldom plays on.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm not sure if you guys know about this, but a bad stage for wario is halberd. if he does his Fart full charged on that stage, he will die off the top. I think the same goes for pictochat and PS2

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if you guys know about this, but a bad stage for wario is halberd. if he does his Fart full charged on that stage, he will die off the top. I think the same goes for pictochat and PS2
I just found this out recently... I was playing a Wario on Wi-fi and I chain grabbed him then he tried to throw in a fart.. missed and killed himself.. I laughed pretty hard.
And yeah it works on pictochat I used to main as Wario.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why would LM be good against Wario?
He would live even longer and the grab release > Usmash would be useless if the mansion isnt destroyed any you're on the bottom floor.
Wario is really dependent on being in the air. Luigi's kills his movement options, and if you destroy the house, you get a free stage for grab release -> usmash.

Though I could see the percent needed before grabbing him would be higher.

I think the pros out way the cons anyway.

Halberd, I could imagine, but why Pictochat and PS2? :confused:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We're going to have to go on to Link. We'll revisit Wario later, though I think we discussed everything. :laugh:

Link - go to Jungle Japes. It's disgusting.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Sorry meno but nobody will see your new thread.. Did you even notice that your the first 1 to post there in like days????????

The entire community has moved to....well look at my sig. (due to problems) Go to AIB and inform people there.

Praxis is right, though listen to him. He's played Deva countless times so he knows the match up well.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Praxis is right, though listen to him. He's played Deva countless times so he knows the match up well.

We're going to have to go on to Link. We'll revisit Wario later, though I think we discussed everything. :laugh:

Link - go to Jungle Japes. It's disgusting.
For the record;
I have never won a match against Deva on Norfair.
I have never lost a match against Deva on Jungle Japes.

In tournament, we always agree to no stage bans, and whoever wins the neutral always wins the set. xD

Pick Jungle Japes. Ban Norfair. xD

Veril

Frame Savant
Jigglypuff hates Corneria. We'll ban that generally. Green Greens is a good choice IMO.

If you're in NY and neither is an option (since we'll ban Corneria), I'd say go with Battlefield. Definitely the worst Neutral for Jiggs in this matchup.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Metroid stages in general are good for Jiggs. COINCIDENCE?!?!

I like Norfair as well, but that's just me.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Oh, guys, I tried PictoChat, I quite like it as a Wario counterpick. I beat FICTION there...most of the stage transformations let you grab release, and the ones that leave hazards in the air mess him up more than you as he's trying so hard not to get grabbed, while many others can simply be waited out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Maybe they're talking about jigglypuff throwing you, stage spiking you beneath the left platform.

Yeah, I spilled it.

Just DI well or tech or something :p

MrEh

Smash Hero
Maybe they're talking about jigglypuff throwing you, stage spiking you beneath the left platform.

Yeah, I spilled it.

Just DI well or tech or something :p
That's why it'll work the first time, but never the second.
Funny as hell when it actually works. :)

Metatitan

Smash Master
jigglypuff does really crappy on stages like battlefield and lylat cruise so use those as counterpicks. delfino may give us more rest potential but its not like a good peach will let us set up over water. if u do bad on brinstar or japes against jiggs ban those

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
tbh I REALLY hate japes in this game, not the water, yoshi can get back just fine.

but the HIGH ceilings

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
It doesn't **** Peach per se, but Norfair's one of my poorer stages personally.

I think she can like, Plank forever there though. xD

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
i really love norfair as a cp for my yoshi.... how does peach fair against it?..... gotta learn how to beat rowan!!!! >.<

I don't like norfair. It's the stage I go to ban when I can't think of anything else. (Unless Corneria or Yoshi Island Pipes is a CP.)

Metatitan

Smash Master
uhm go for lylat on yoshi; the slanting of the ship screws his pivot grab up the *** so you peachies are free to use fair :)

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Jungle Japes is nice for counterpicking Yushee. Yoshi usually kills from the top, and JJ has a high celing. Plus, I hear it's one of Peach's best stages.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I don't like norfair. It's the stage I go to ban when I can't think of anything else. (Unless Corneria or Yoshi Island Pipes is a CP.)
Norfair is one of your best bans against luigi, as well as brinstar too.
CP Jungle Japes or Luigi's mansion. They're definitely terrible stages for Luigi, and from what I hear they're good for Peach.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
BAN FRIGATE! Luigi will w-w-w-wreck you there. Luigi can play the horizontal game (which beats peach) and the flip and right side of the first transformation can **** you. Brinstar is my overall favorite luigi stage, but I think it's not the place to take peach, though some luigis might disagree.

Japes is not too good for Luigi, the water does bad stuff for his recovery. Otherwise it's ok. The mansion is (IMO) pretty terrible for Luigi, as it's very very hard for him to get early kills there, which is the hallmark of his game. FD is normally bad news for luigi, but I like it alot better in this matchup.

Idunno, as far as I can see you guys have the advantages on the verticals, but a disadvantage on the horizontals. Ask rowan, he's RIDICULOUS and he wrecks me pretty often. Though it does get closer and closer every time ;)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
As Peach I would choose FD. That course is very easy to spam tilts. At least that's what I think because I hate FD and peach

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
CPs for peach are jungle japes hands down. Honestly, its so broken =[. Luigi cant recover when he gets knocked down to the left side of the water the left platform. Hes pretty much done while peach is a ****. Not to mention luigis vertical moves kill abit later due to high ceiling. 60:40 iMO in peachs favor.

Ban all metroid stages. Luigi excels highly on those as Crash said before. also low ceiling ^.^

Dunno if some tourneys allow it, but some do, ban corneria. You will hate it forever. Camping fins are fkimn gay. Basically anything with low ceiling ban it.

PEach might moderately do well on castle siege sorta.

its pretty even on most neutrals espically BF.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Okay, Ike hates Jungle Japes. It WILL be the stage Ike bans every single time it's legal. Unless they showed up stoned.

Frigate can work, it's bad for Ike most of the time. He can make use of the ledgeless side though. Bthrow -> Fsmash or Dtilt fun.

Ike actually likes Rainbow Cruise due to the huge range on his aerial attacks (and Peach's terrible AD.), but I believe Peach could make better use of the stage then Ike. Just don't go above him unless you like Uair killing you early due to the low ceiling, and don't go below him unless you like getting spiked.

Ike LOVES Pirate Ship. Ban it if you want a hope of winning when it's his CP turn. Aetherspiking -> Dair spiking in the water, no gimping him, aether sliding, wind = lots of long lasting aerials, rock = wall infinity, platforms = anti projectiles, anti-dair combos, etc, Countering bombs and the catapult, just don't go here if you want to win.

Green Greens and Corneria are also good CP stages for Ike. Wall infinities, and close blastzones. Norfair isn't bad due to the fact he will get gimped less of the time and lots of ledges to snap onto. BF is his best neutral.

Ya, don't have much else to say.

Top Bottom