• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking Made Peachy

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
the ceiling would most likely make things worse for pt as well as its semi-******** ledge. that being said pokemon stadium 1 and 2 shud be just fine for the same reasons. also the 2nd PS is a lot easier for peach to get around on coz of the glide tosses on the ice and the floating over the treadmills. ;o

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Japes should **** Ivysaur badly I would imagine. Tall ceiling + water to **** tethers.

Also, I missed the ROB discussion, but I've got a lot of experience with this. ALWAYS pick Green Greens without question. Think about it for a second. The center gives you an enormous defensive advantage, as you can utilt through the platforms. Now, what gives Peach the advantage on ROB? She can dair his shield all day as he cannot punish at certain angles. The bottom section blocks ROB in and lets you beat on him.

So what's the proper thing for ROB to do to combat Peach? Camp her to death, usually by staying offstage half the match. Except on Green Greens, being offstage means Peach's fair kills at 20%.

With ROB's size, Fair shieldpokes and usmash is easy to sweetspot. Peach kills ROB ridiculously fast on Greens, his ability to camp is diminished and dangerous because of the short sides, and the blocks block his gyro- overall, everything about it completely ***** him.

Xyless

Smash Master
Japes should **** Ivysaur badly I would imagine. Tall ceiling + water to **** tethers.

Also, I missed the ROB discussion, but I've got a lot of experience with this. ALWAYS pick Green Greens without question. Think about it for a second. The center gives you an enormous defensive advantage, as you can utilt through the platforms. Now, what gives Peach the advantage on ROB? She can dair his shield all day as he cannot punish at certain angles. The bottom section blocks ROB in and lets you beat on him.

So what's the proper thing for ROB to do to combat Peach? Camp her to death, usually by staying offstage half the match. Except on Green Greens, being offstage means Peach's fair kills at 20%.

With ROB's size, Fair shieldpokes and usmash is easy to sweetspot. Peach kills ROB ridiculously fast on Greens, his ability to camp is diminished and dangerous because of the short sides, and the blocks block his gyro- overall, everything about it completely ***** him.
My roommate refuses to believe that Peach has the upper hand over ROB in GG, since the blocks set up a wall lock. I beat him there 4/5 times though (since the people around here never go to GG)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
My roommate refuses to believe that Peach has the upper hand over ROB in GG, since the blocks set up a wall lock. I beat him there 4/5 times though (since the people around here never go to GG)
I have never, ever allowed myself to get bair locked by ROB there. The setup required is too precise (too close and ROB destroys the blocks) and thanks to Peach's float there's no reason she ever has to be in the corner.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

That hurt me real bad Meno :crying:

In other news
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218213
Rofl at the title

Ban Corneria...as always. Getting hit by Lucas' Up Smash on that stage would be horrible

Counterpick...erm...Yoshi's Island Melee? If he falls down the middle part and somehow loses his 2nd jump/hits one of the blocks when jumping back up, he's toast

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Lucas loves loves loves Norfair and Brinstar since they complement his spacing game rather well. He fares well on Luigi's Mansion against some characters due to the close quarters and lack of aerial space, but Peach doesn't need a lot of it because of her float. If Peach can still do her float stunts on the bottom level, then it shouldn't be a big deal, but if the stage hinders her at all you may have issues.

He dislikes Yoshi's Island (Brawl) because the uneven terrain messes up his autocancelling and can cause a little mayhem with proper PK Fire spacing. The Support Ghost can also eat PK Thunder if it decides to appear while we're recovering and recovering straight up against the side of the stage is a pain in the <censored> either way. IMO at least. Lylat Cruise is hard on him for similar reasons, except replace the Support Ghost with moving ledges. (I personally don't think it's that big of a deal since we have a tether, but w/e.) The platforms are at just the right height to get in the way if we're trying to approach you on ground level from the air. Against superior campers, Lucas dislikes Final Destination since there's nothing between him and projectile spam, but I don't think that's a huge issue when fighting Peach. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Rickerdy: We can also absorb the Arwing's shots with PSI Magnet for free health. I have almost zero experience with Yoshi's Island Melee, so I can't properly answer to that.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lucas loves loves loves Norfair and Brinstar since they complement his spacing game rather well. He fares well on Luigi's Mansion against some characters due to the close quarters and lack of aerial space, but Peach doesn't need a lot of it because of her float. If Peach can still do her float stunts on the bottom level, then it shouldn't be a big deal, but if the stage hinders her at all you may have issues.

He dislikes Yoshi's Island (Brawl) because the uneven terrain messes up his autocancelling and can cause a little mayhem with proper PK Fire spacing. The Support Ghost can also eat PK Thunder if it decides to appear while we're recovering and recovering straight up against the side of the stage is a pain in the <censored> either way. IMO at least. Lylat Cruise is hard on him for similar reasons, except replace the Support Ghost with moving ledges. (I personally don't think it's that big of a deal since we have a tether, but w/e.) The platforms are at just the right height to get in the way if we're trying to approach you on ground level from the air. Against superior campers, Lucas dislikes Final Destination since there's nothing between him and projectile spam, but I don't think that's a huge issue when fighting Peach. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Rickerdy: We can also absorb the Arwing's shots with PSI Magnet for free health. I have almost zero experience with Yoshi's Island Melee, so I can't properly answer to that.
This.

10stages

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'm waiting for Xyless to jump in on this one since me and him play all the time.

...But since we're here: Peach's worst neutral stage against Lucas -> Final Destination. Lots of room, easy to camp.

Lucas' best stages are Brinstar, Norfair, and Luigi's Mansion can be a pretty good stage, unless you're amazing at it, the you can probably beat Lucas out on this one.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Updated for Ness. :ness2:

This is going to be hard.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
PS1.
3 out of the 4 stage transformations allows you to possibly tech a Bthrow (Wall on Rock, Windmill on water, and Tree on fire).

JJs is good because his only KO move that I see is threatening is Bthrow.

Luigi's Mansion.
If you stay on the first level you dont have to fear Bthrows, pillars help with PK fire, and the floors limits his aerial game somewhat.

Try to find stages where its easy to tech.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Luigi's Mansion.
If you stay on the first level you dont have to fear Bthrows, pillars help with PK fire, and the floors limits his aerial game somewhat.
This is actually his counterpick.

While the ceiling will help with surviving, it gives him free PK Fire walls, a ground floor to hide in when spamming PK Thunders, and while his aerial movement is restricted somewhat - he doesn't need that much to begin with, that fair has huge range.

I'd ban it.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
You cannot grasp the true form of Ness' counterpicks!

Hmm....ban Corneria? Then again, that's generally a bad Peach stage anyway and it's said all the time by me :/ Counterpick Jungle Japes? :/

Would Yoshi's Island Melee be a good counterpick? If he gets stuck underneath the yellow blocks in the middle he's screwed and...would it be possible to DI sharply horizontally from his B Throw to tech against the slanted pipe/hill?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Go to Castle Seige or Delphino, jab CG him off the edge.

<3 Praxis.
Delphino might not be perfect. The go-through floor helps his recovery a good bit. Plus he has all those other water spiking shenanigans.

What are other stages with walls or walkoffs?

PS1, Corneria, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Green Greens, Mario Circuit, and Onett are all counter-ban and above.

I'd recommend the ones in blue - the rest have some problems, such as close blast zones.

Circuit would be so cruel...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ness is amazing on delphino, and a ness is bound to cp it on you so it'd be a waste. castle siege works though coz of the walk-offs, the statues for bombers and blocking his pk fire. japes is pretty **** coz japes is japes.

as for bans i'd prolly ban brinstar coz he can outcamp you here, his recovery is safer, his aerial game is just as good as ours, and he kills better vertically but it might not be as ban as it sounds but still. If that ******** corneria stage is legal then i'd ban that.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Ness is great on Delfino, so I dunno if it's a safe counterpick- unless you do what I did, and refrained from using the CG on him the first match, so he'll be lax about getting grabbed and then shocked when you CG him off the ledge.
>-]

Hopefully, they'll pick Delfino on YOU and save you the trouble. But if you find they're not hard to get a grab on, it's worth a shot.

Castle Seige might be better, but iono.

I like Japes against Ness because you can DI his throws to live and he has to rush his recovery with up-B so he doesn't hit the water, putting him in clear turnip sniping zone. But Ness players seem to normally like Japes, so once again...it's a very good Peach AND very good Ness stage. I think Japes is better for Peach than for Ness though.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We completly missed walkoffs for Lucas's discussion. T__T

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
-lurklurk-
Keep talking, guys. :) Err, girls.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ness
- You can chaingrab Ness; abuse this by counterpicking walls and walkoffs.
- Be aware that PK Fire can be used on stage objects, such as the pillars on Luigi's Mansion, to create a damaging fire wall.
- While risky, Ness is also capable of absorbing the lasers on Corneria.
- Using his PK Thunder and dair spike, Ness has the option of water camping on Pirate Ship. Retaliate, and avoid spikes, by Jesuswalking.
Note the last note.

While I've never encountered Thunder camping myself, I've seen it do very horrible horrible things. It's worse then planking for most of the cast.

Fortunately, we have Jesuswalking - so we have the option of retaliating with fairs, maybe even infinite dairs like Praxis suggested once.

BentoBox

Smash Master
:bowser2: Bowser
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Battlefield
Ban: Norfair

:falcon: Captain Falcon
Counterpick:
Ban:

:diddy: Diddy Kong
Counterpick: Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Norfair
Ban: Final Destination

:dk2: Donkey Kong
Counterpick: Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon
Ban: Lylat Cruise, Jungle Japes, Brinstar

:falco: Falco
Counterpick: Rainbow Cruise, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar
Ban: Jungle Japes

:fox: Fox
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium 1, Lylat Cruise
Ban: Final Destination, Halberd

:gw: Game & Watch
Counterpick:, Yoshi's Island
Ban: Rainbow Cruise

:ganondorf:Ganondorf
Counterpick:
Ban: Pirate Ship

:popo: Ice Climbers
Counterpick: Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Delfino Plaza

:ike: Ike
Counterpick:
Ban: Corneria, Pirate Ship

:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
Counterpick:
Ban: Delfino Plaza

:dedede: King Dedede
Counterpick: Norfair, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Jungle Japes
Ban:Delfino Plaza, Final Destination, Halberd

:kirby2: Kirby
Counterpick: Lylat Cruise, Battlefield
Ban: Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar

:link2: Link
Counterpick:
Ban: Rainbow Cruise

:lucario: Lucario
Counterpick: Rainbow Cruise
Ban:Frigate Orpheon, Yoshi's Island, Final Destination

:lucas: Lucas
Counterpick: Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza, Castle Siege
Ban: Norfair, Brinstar, Final Destination

:luigi2: Luigi
Counterpick:
Ban: Battlefield

:mario2: Mario
Counterpick: Rainbow Cruise

:marth: Marth
Counterpick: Brinstar, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Yoshi's Island, Final Destination
Ban: Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Norfair,Halberd

:metaknight: Meta Knight
Counterpick:Halberd, Norfair
Ban:Rainbow Cruise, Battlefield, Final Destination

:ness2: Ness
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium 1, Jungle Japes, Delfino Plaza
Ban: Norfair, Pirate Ship, Brinstar

:olimar: Olimar
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Delfino Plaza
Ban: Norfair, Lylat Cruise

:pikachu2: Pikachu
Counterpick:Brinstar,Rainbow Cruise

:pit: Pit
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium 1, Yoshi's Island, Castle Siege
Ban: Norfair, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination, Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Halberd

:pt: Pokemon Trainer
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise
Ban: Norfair, Castle Siege

:rob: R.O.B.
Counterpick: Brinstar, Norfair, Battlefield
Ban: Jungle Japes, Frigate Orpheon, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise

:samus2: Samus
Counterpick:

:shiek: Sheik
Counterpick: Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes
Ban: Battlefield, Halberd, Norfair

:snake: Snake
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, Rainbow Cruise
Ban: Halberd, Smashville

:sonic: Sonic
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Battlefield
Ban: Corneria

:toonlink: Toon Link
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion
Ban: Rainbow Cruise, Norfair, Halberd

:wario: Wario
Counterpick: Final Destination

:wolf: Wolf
Counterpick:
Ban: Smashville

:yoshi2: Yoshi
Counterpick: Jungle Japes
Ban: Delfino Plaza, Castle Siege

:zelda: Zelda
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Frigate Orpheon
Ban: Battlefield, Luigi's Mansion, Smashville, Castle Siege

:zerosuitsamus: Zamus
Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Rainbow Cruise
Ban: Pokemon Stadium 1, Battlefield
Seeing as the recommended ruleset is more and more restrictive, these are the only relevant map in my case~ And why exactly would you ban Rainbow Cruise against Link? XD

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Seeing as the recommended ruleset is more and more restrictive, these are the only relevant map in my case~ And why exactly would you ban Rainbow Cruise against Link? XD
I think it'd be better to finish the list first, then narrow them down once we're done.

Just to have the options there.

And RC is banned against Link because the Link boards consider it one of his better stages - I needed a filler. :p

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
In the mean time we wrap up the Ness discussion, let's finish another character:

WA-WA-WARIO!

I'm thinking anything devoid of grab-release-saving platforms, and something that constricts his aerial movement.

Luigi's Mansion is amazing. ^^

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Mansion wrecks Wario but it'll probably be banned by your opponent so...I'd probably just go Final Destination b/c of lack of platforms...or actually on second thought, Yoshi's Island wouldn't be a bad choice either. Depending on where you send him offstage it might make his recovery more predictable since there's no way Wario is gonna wanna bike into the wall and die. Brinstar is like my favorite cp ever also but Wario is pretty good there too. Depends on how comfortable you are there imo since he can kill you really easily w/ a fart or fsmash. Go to Smashville if ya have to...idk, mansion is the only stage that really sticks it to him. ;x Well...that's all I got. @_@

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Luigi's Mansion wrecks Wario? O.o

I would have thought it'd be a great stage. More space for him to run around and camp...and whilst the pillars are there, refresh his moves and increase the time his already silly hitboxes are out for

Anyways - Ban stages that have platforms, name Battlefield and Lylat Cruise. Counterpick something like Final Destination. Smashville...meh, it's ok but when you've finally got a grab release on Wario and that ruddy moving platform floats by and Wario jumps up onto that so you can't Up Smash him, you'll be seriously annoyed

Your kind of limited to what you can CP against Wario because he does ok on most stages

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That'd only be if he gets the lead - Peach works better in the confined areas than Wario does. He's gonna miss that air space.

If worst comes to worse, just destroy the house and get a temporary Final D, then grab the sonvabetch.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
i Think It'd Be Better To Finish The List First, Then Narrow Them Down Once We're Done.

Just To Have The Options There.

And Rc Is Banned Against Link Because The Link Boards Consider It One Of His Better Stages - I Needed A Filler. :p
Ban Norfair against Link.
Deva lives here.
BAN FREAKING NORFAIR OR DIE.

Top Bottom