• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking Made Peachy

MrEh

Smash Hero
Ban Battlefield and Norfair.

Bowser doesn't die on Norfair, and he totally ***** with the platforms on Battlefield.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ban Battlefield and Norfair.

Bowser doesn't die on Norfair, and he totally ***** with the platforms on Battlefield.
I have a field day on that stage against bowser. Peach can also **** the platforms on that stage. Ground floated upairs and uptilts.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Take him to rainbow cruise, just a hunch though...he's not super mobile and you can turnip him to prevent him from comin' at you on that stage.
According to the Bowser forums, JJ is one of his worst stages.
Rainbow Cruise is an okay pick against Bowser, since he has limited aerial maneuverability. (and his aerials are pretty sucky)

Japes is horrible for Bowser, since he can't get any vertical kills on that stage. He's screwed in the water as well.

I have a field day on that stage against bowser. Peach can also **** the platforms on that stage. Ground floated upairs and uptilts.
Bowser can attack through the platforms, and he has lots of ways to get under them.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's not one sided. The Damage that bowser can do on that stage, Peach has it too. Thats stage is my playground and I have turned it into an official counterpick when other stages are banned/striked from me. I take anyone there and make it look like a counterpick when that stage does not do much for her.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's not one sided. The Damage that bowser can do on that stage, Peach has it too. Thats stage is my playground and I have turned it into an official counterpick when other stages are banned/striked from me. I take anyone there and make it look like a counterpick when that stage does not do much for her.
I never thought it was severely one sided, but I usually like Battlefield simply as a counterpick for everything that's not Snake and Meta.

Most of the time I think Bowser does well on Battlefield because it's so easy for him to stay grounded on that stage. Use the platforms as shields and whatnot.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea the stage is pretty much kick azz for bowser. When I play him there I like to upsmash them through the platforms. and if they shield, they get pushed off the platform and fall to the floor and a possible free hit for you.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Seeing as this thread follows the matchup one, we should actually work toward catching up to it.

We'll do Falco till the next update.

I'd personally recommend Luigi's Mansion (works against lasers), and Lylat Cruise (works against his recovery).

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Hm....
I think JJ might be good. Negates his Fsmash and Usmash kill power, and you dont have to worry about getting spiked due to the water.

I can see Luigi's Mansion being good. Its a fairly large stage and the pillars on the side help, and the floors make Dair **** even more. Hmm Lylat can mess up Peach's recovery too. Sometimes when it tilts the edge goes just above your reach. Also It can mess up your floating.

What about Rainbow Cruise? He cant camp with Lasers, and his recovery is pretty messed up on that stage due to the constant changing of terrain.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
JJ is one of Falcos best stages too though.... he camps and yes getting spiked doesn't hurt that bad. also his recovery is actually very flexible there since he can go to any ledge w/ sideB on JJs.

im for mansion or RC

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
For Yoshi (my main), it would be a good idea to not play on Castle Seige due to the walk-off second stage *coughgrabreleasecough* Jungle Japes is a good counterpick because Yoshi's best kill moves (uair an usmash) kill off the top, and JJ has a high celing.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Castle Siege is good, because Peach can duck under the lasers under the first platform on the left side, plus on the middle stage, the columns cancel out the lasers, & all you have to do is not get grabbed on the side, & this is a good peach stage!

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Pokemon Stadium ^_^ No recovery for Falco ;o But seriously PS is kind of nice when it comes to Falco, she can avoid his lasers a little easier, his recovery gets gimped and Peach can turnip camp him better here >: D I think >_>

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Brinstar, like cancels everyone's ground game.

For Yoshi (my main), it would be a good idea to not play on Castle Seige due to the walk-off second stage *coughgrabreleasecough*
I don't think Yoshi has a grab release on Peach.

I don't think anyone does really.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
He doesn't have a chaingrab, but the way the grab works (flying back after getting out) can be deadly on walk-offs.

Gea

Smash Master
never thought of brinstar, whats so good about it Edreese?
He can't rely on grabs or camping. He has to be careful about side B back and forth, recovering is iffy and he can't even spike consistently. You have good mobility and pretty good stage control.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Since we're doing the Peach ditto this week in our matchup thread - we can brush off some of the high tier characters yet to be done. Kiddy Dong is up now.

I think Rainbow Cruise would be perfect for dealing with his bananas no?

Sudai

Stuff here
As a ROB vs a Peach I would most likely take you to Jungle Japes if legal. If not, Frigate Orpheon and FD are my next two choices. You want to try to avoid anywhere too big or with large blast zones. As for stages to take us to, anywhere small that you're comfortable on.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sudai pretty much covered the ROB point of view. I'll also add that I'd CP Mansion against Peach if it happens to be legal.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Good stage would be Battlefield. That's is where I almost Beat holy yesterday in tournament. It's a good stage Vs ROB

Xyless

Smash Master
I would normally say Norfair due to the lava, since the gyro gets stuck forever, but apparently Praxis sucks with it. In that same reasoning, Brinstar works.

Even with my roommate being a major ROB main, I have no idea. He says there's really not many stages that ROB fears.

Also, ban either Rainbow Cruise (for people who can't recover well), Frigate (for everyone else), and maybe Luigi's Mansion.

Xyless

Smash Master
Could you guys throw Pirate Ship under Ike's banned stages? It's bugging me that it isn't on there, considering it's Kirk's best stage BY FAR.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Pokemon Trainer info:

Counterpick: Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise
Ban: Norfair, Corneria, Castle Siege

Top Bottom