• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations Nick Riddle for third place at MLG Columbus

Zero

Smash Hero
Nick's so good at the game he couldn't be bothered beating Ally again, he already displayed his alpha male dominance. Ally 4-2 sandbagging NR

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nick that was amazing. Made me proud I picked up ZSS for my co-main ^_^

Greatest upset of the many imo.

Next time I expect first place :088:

solecalibur

Smash Master
Urghh Im tired and I'm so effing done updating my twitter, I hate twitter.

Gratz Nick Riddle but the Zss Backroom needs to discuss the problems at MLG so nick can get even further

edit - where the hell did dazwa go?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Whats a Zss Backroom? And also super congrats to getting third at MLG you are no doubt the best zss.
Lol at Tryant getting ***** by the brothers!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh snap, i forgot there were character backrooms. o_o

I wanna see if I can apply to ZSS's... HMMM *goes search it up*

Variable

Smash Ace
Those matches were truly rediculous. The DA lock with the stun and Bair was amazing.... Same for the first stock He gets him to 199% before Nick gets to double digit percents.. Really entertaining.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
Ally looked mediocre at best in those videos, looks like he had no idea what he was doing, as if he was bewildered by ZSS's moveset. You can say I'm being harsh but I believe that if a ZSS goes up against a Snake of similar/higher skill level and that Snake knows what he's doing in the matchup, Snake should win.

Same with the Meta Knight players he beat, they most likely didn't know how to play the matchup, I bet they didn't go full aggro like they're supposed to (cause ZSS can't do anything vs an aggro metaknight, no options oos except to run away, gets gimped easily etc). I'm sure the Nick Riddle vs M2K matches will have Jason going berserk and giving Nick no breathing space.

That being said Nick still did well to place 3rd regardless of these facts, so congratulations to him.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Watching Nick's matches was cool. I think the best part is that I don't really see him doing anything wildly unique in his matches that other ZSSs don't do - He just applies the same basics we've been working with since early '09 in a much better fashion than the rest of us.

That said, it should say a lot about the character that NR can 2stock Ally one set and then go 0-4 the next.

Out of interest, does anybody know how much lag there was on the TVs?

Adapt

Smash Lord
Go Nick! :D I was hoping you would get top 8, but this is better than I expected.

Now everyone will want you to beat M2K :p

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
That said, it should say a lot about the character that NR can 2stock Ally one set and then go 0-4 the next.
I thought the same thing... I was told though that he was a little shaken up after losing so badly to M2k (who 3-1'd Ally too incidentally). So maybe that has something to do with it. 2-0 to 4-0 is a bit dramatic, even for ZSS.

Out of interest, does anybody know how much lag there was on the TVs?
Anywhere from 1-3 frames.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Maybe he didn't sandbag, maybe he got outplayed? What's wrong with just accepting the truth? If you're sandbagging right on the doormat to a huge freakin' prize, you as the sandbagger are truly a stupid person. I mean, who would throw away the opportunity to get even MORE money, simply because he wanted to? : \

*waits for meatriders to start riding his meat*

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
^ Truth.

Also very good job Nick, giving ZSS more hype. Very impressive performance, though it stinks what happened against M2K and Ally the second time around. Still, nothing to detract too much. You did a hell of a job. Looking forward to what you will do in the future!

Latias

Smash Journeyman
Urghh Im tired and I'm so effing done updating my twitter, I hate twitter.

Gratz Nick Riddle but the Zss Backroom needs to discuss the problems at MLG so nick can get even further

edit - where the hell did dazwa go?
nobody trusted your twitters after that m2k lie..

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Maybe he didn't sandbag, maybe he got outplayed? What's wrong with just accepting the truth? If you're sandbagging right on the doormat to a huge freakin' prize, you as the sandbagger are truly a stupid person. I mean, who would throw away the opportunity to get even MORE money, simply because he wanted to? : \

*waits for meatriders to start riding his meat*
No one really thinks he was sandbagging, relax.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No one really thinks he was sandbagging, relax.
****it! This is like the 3rd time I fall for something in the last 24 hours!

Well, as a token of my apology...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeYmg0PIxMU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqhgI5X_0uc

First stock of Game 2 left me speechless... There is a reason why ZSS is tied for 'favorite character' on my list... I love that character. D:

You guys probably saw 'em already, what with being loyal ZSS mains, but I was sleeping til late, so blah.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Wow those videos are really good quality compared to what I was expecting. I think it's pretty obvious through those videos that Ally was not at all Sandbagging, he just adapted in the second set. I'd be curious to hear what Nick thinks he changed

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If Nick says "Ally started being more shieldcampy", it will make me quite a sad ZSS main.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Dude, that first stock on the second match was straight up sex. Good **** nickriddle

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Nick placed 2nd in teams with Shaky.
MAKING DAT MONEY (almost) LIKE M2K!!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599