• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I wonder if we're gonna get a update tomorrow, with Labor Day and all.
Isn't America the only place that celebrates Labor Day (I honestly don't know)?

I think they'll still update.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No, your not I live in the best country in the World and we have Labor Day
America? ;)

I joke, I joke.

Well, I'd like to believe they'd update anyway. I mean, people at McDonalds still work on Labor Day (I think), so can Sakurai.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
maybe for pokemon trainer's final smash, he recalls his pokemon and enters the battle himself. He would have an infinite supply of pokeballs. He could just chunk them all over the place until his time ran out.
that = to cheap and easy...
Well... isn't that the point of Final Smashes? :psycho: :lick: pwn?

And I have a feeling that Diddy's FS could be like Yoshi's FS, only instead of wings and fire breath it would be his Rocketbarrels and Peanut Pop Gun or an Orange Grenade Launcher or Pineapple Bazooka something like that. Or maybe Dixie Kong may join the fight alongside him, kind of like an AT that acted like Nana from the IC duo (or Popo depending on the color-scheme you chose).

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well... isn't that the point of Final Smashes? :psycho: :lick: pwn?

And I have a feeling that Diddy's FS could be like Yoshi's FS, only instead of wings and fire breath it would be his Rocketbarrels and Peanut Pop Gun or an Orange Grenade Launcher or Pineapple Bazooka something like that. Or maybe Dixie Kong may join the fight alongside him, kind of like an AT that acted like Nana from the IC duo (or Popo depending on the color-scheme you chose).
I've seen and played DKC2 for about a total of two hours, perhaps less, so I'm not sure what abilities Diddy could utilize from his Retro games. The barrel launching special makes as much sense as G&W getting a lift from volunteer firefighters. As with Yoshi, Mr. Sakurai doesn't have much to draw on when it comes to Diddy FS material. Somehow and someway Diddy's unique flavor will be preserved in his FS.

Trust in Mr. Sakurai we must.

JPW

Smash Ace
you got to remember Nintendo sold Rare though.

After Starfox Adventures though who wouldn't sell Rare.

Rare lost their touch after the Stamper Brothers left and half the team left for Free Radical.

Rare is crap now. Kameo proved that, took something like a decade to make? And it turned out crap. (Then again Zelda: OOT took 9 years. But that game was good if not the best game ever of its time.)And Viva Pinata what the hell?

I've actually been glad Nintendo got rid of Rare. Retro Studios is much better to keep around.

Rare had some really good games though back in the day though 3 that stand out for me are:
Goldeneye 007, Diddy Kong Racing and Conker's Bad Fur Day N64. I never player Donkey Kong Country. But that's because I was just never really a DK fan.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Say, when I tried to open the homepage of the Smash Bros. Dojo, it wouldn't work. :(

Does anybody have the same problem? I have it ever since I tried out to load the new movie this morning. At first, it simply wouldn't load... but now I can't even get on the homepage!

And now I'm sad... and angry!

By the way, I hope tomorrow another character will be revealed. We still miss the Captain...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Hell yea Pit looks awesome! He's most likely going to be the first character I play as (unless Meta Knight does ultimately end up as a starter character and not a secret character like everyone says).

And @Shritistrang:
I didn't have trouble loading the Dojo, but I had trouble loading the actual video part of the update this morning.

And overall I'd have to say I'm a tad more disappointed than happy about today's update. It seems kind of like a waste, like we could have all just waited until the game came out to see that cinematic. And the fact that it only had a paragraph of explanation that didn't really explain anything, and the video was so short (however epic it may be) that I didn't really feel like Sakurai gave us a plausible update, and was expecting another one underneath it. Hopefully, we'll get another Two-for-Tuesday tomorrow.

Depster

Smash Champion
All in all, the smash team seams to be doing fairly well, if a bit QUOTE]

how are we misdirected?
As in Sakurai's team, they are doing so many updates that I am feeling nobody cares about, like pokemn trainer, stages, and things like the stickers. Most people just want to see a certain character and his/her moves, but the Smash team seems to be uploading everything but that onto dojo

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Hell yea Pit looks awesome! He's most likely going to be the first character I play as (unless Meta Knight does ultimately end up as a starter character and not a secret character like everyone says).

And @Shritistrang:
I didn't have trouble loading the Dojo, but I had trouble loading the actual video part of the update this morning.

And overall I'd have to say I'm a tad more disappointed than happy about today's update. It seems kind of like a waste, like we could have all just waited until the game came out to see that cinematic. And the fact that it only had a paragraph of explanation that didn't really explain anything, and the video was so short (however epic it may be) that I didn't really feel like Sakurai gave us a plausible update, and was expecting another one underneath it. Hopefully, we'll get another Two-for-Tuesday tomorrow.
The order of characters I'll play in (assuming Meta isn't secret):
Meta Knight
Pit
Link (I'm sorry, Link, but you really haven't changed that much. I'll get to you soon, though.)
Ike
Zelda
Bowser (only for the FS though)
Wario
Diddy Kong
Yoshi (to check his uB)
Samus (only for ZSS)
Pokémon Trainer
Notice how the swordsmen are first...

I didn't have trouble with either.

I was both happy and disappointed. I think it should be Wednesday that has double updates, though. I dunno why. But it's the middle of the week, and I feel we could use a double in the middle of the week.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
I'll tell you what people want to see. (I know... I'm a people.)
People want to see:

Characters: One update a week. All the returning characters first, then all the newcomers. This way we'll finally know who didn't make the cut from Melee.

Movesets: Whole movesets please! No more two-per-update anymore. Link's moveset was the best moveset update, and maybe one of the best updates ever. It was flawlessly made. Finish up Fox, Pit, Wario, and PT and get on with it.

(*Yea, and actually while I'm on this, WTF is up with giving PT 2/3 of his moveset. Why couldn't you finish it and give everyone their last move. You could have fit it Sakurai and we all would have been pleased. But no, now we have to wait for :007:'s B, :002:'s fB, and :006:'s uB. Nice.*)

Final Smashes: FSes are good as they are. Keep it up. But try to elaborate more.

Items: At least two every time they want to update them, whether they be new one or returning. One item a day is nowhere need satisfying enough. (And god help Sakurai if he uses one update for a returning item.)

Stages: EVERYTHING that goes on in a stage should be shown (or in WarioWare's case, at least most of it). And don't be cute about the details ("If you survive the mini-games you'll win a prize!"... Ok... what do we win?)

ATs/Pokemon: One each every time either of them are going to be given an update. There has to be so many of each (at least for the Pokemon) that Sakurai can manage to keep that up.

How to Play: No more basic "How to Play" updates until Brawl comes out. We all know the basics, and it's an easy game to pick up on so any monkey with a Nintendo can understand it in a ten minute span. We don't need to waste a day on it.

Techniques: Techniques fall into the same category as FSes, just explain everything about them to us. No more guessing games Sakurai. We want it all.

Music: We want to hear the whole song, from the start to the end of the loop. No more quartered versions of the songs we've all grown to love.

I guess that's pretty much it. Other than that I suppose I'm happy. I only hate when we get the bare minimum in an update. There's nothing more disappoiting, especially if you stay up until 3am for something craptastic like an item or "You Must Recover!"

Fawriel

Smash Master
The Pokemon Trainer moveset update was the best ever.

Why? It confirms that Kirby will have a budhat!

Autographs later.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Items: At least two every time they want to update them, whether they be new one or returning. One item a day is nowhere need satisfying enough. (And god help Sakurai if he uses one update for a returning item.)

There's nothing more disappoiting, especially if you stay up until 3am for something craptastic like an item or "You Must Recover!"
That's no idol threat.

No, I'd rather fall into the endless and dark pit of dispair, don't feel like recovering today. Glad to know that I've got options though.

Say, when I tried to open the homepage of the Smash Bros. Dojo, it wouldn't work. :(
When that happens to me, I input a 'more full' version of the web address and it usually works. If smashbros dot com stops functioning properly, enter www dot smashbros dot com Fslash en underscore us Fslash index dot html and it should bring you there.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^^
I'll tell you what people want to see. (I know... I'm a people.)
People want to see:
Dyce, you make me laugh.

Characters: One update a week. All the returning characters first, then all the newcomers. This way we'll finally know who didn't make the cut from Melee.
Yes. True. Very true.

Movesets: Whole movesets please! No more two-per-update anymore. Link's moveset was the best moveset update, and maybe one of the best updates ever. It was flawlessly made. Finish up Fox, Pit, Wario, and PT and get on with it.

(*Yea, and actually while I'm on this, WTF is up with giving PT 2/3 of his moveset. Why couldn't you finish it and give everyone their last move. You could have fit it Sakurai and we all would have been pleased. But no, now we have to wait for :007:'s B, :002:'s fB, and :006:'s uB. Nice.*)
Also true. Although that's not the only reason Link's moves was one of the best updates...

Yeah, I really wanna see the rest of Pit's moves. And you're right about PT's.

Final Smashes: FSes are good as they are. Keep it up. But try to elaborate more.
Yeah. Post, like, a video of the FS. That would be cool.

True. Unless it's a really good item. But probably not even then. Two items per update.

Stages: EVERYTHING that goes on in a stage should be shown (or in WarioWare's case, at least most of it). And don't be cute about the details ("If you survive the mini-games you'll win a prize!"... Ok... what do we win?)
Yep. For example, we found out about the Bokoblin on BoE by watching that video. He didn't mention that not only would the bridge be blown up occasionally, we would be attacked by little goblin guys with clubs!

Speaking of BoE: does anyone else sense some glitchiness involving Tether Recoveries and the blown-up part? For example, if Link were dangling from his beloved Clawshot and the bridge part was warped back in as he was dangling, what would happen? Would it knock him down? Would he keep dangling? If he does keep dangling, what happens when he tries to come back? Would he go through the bridge or be doomed? That's my only major question about BoE.

ATs/Pokemon: One each every time either of them are going to be given an update. There has to be so many of each (at least for the Pokemon) that Sakurai can manage to keep that up.
You mean, a Pokémon and an AT in the same update?

Here's an idea: whenever we get an item, we get an item, a Pokémon, and an AT. That might make the items worth staying up for.

How to Play: No more basic "How to Play" updates until Brawl comes out. We all know the basics, and it's an easy game to pick up on so any monkey with a Nintendo can understand it in a ten minute span. We don't need to waste a day on it.
Most of us who even know about the Dojo know about and love the first two Smash games. For the n00bs who just discovered the game, too bad for them. They can wait until it comes out to learn how to play. The only worthwhile "How to Play" update was the one about Final Smashes. No more, Sakurai!

Techniques: Techniques fall into the same category as FSes, just explain everything about them to us. No more guessing games Sakurai. We want it all.
Yeah. "From the perspective of the rules Smash, I sense that mastering this skill could be quite beneficial. That is, IF you can master it..."

What the hell does that mean, Sakurai? Does it mean it's difficult to do? Come on! Be straight with us!

Music: We want to hear the whole song, from the start to the end of the loop. No more quartered versions of the songs we've all grown to love.
I'm pretty sure we got the full version of "Menu 1" and "LoZ:OoT Medley"; however, everything else was cut, I think. You're right, Dyce. We wanna hear it all!

I guess that's pretty much it. Other than that I suppose I'm happy. I only hate when we get the bare minimum in an update. There's nothing more disappoiting, especially if you stay up until 3am for something craptastic like an item or "You Must Recover!"
That's right, Dyce. very good. You pulled off that KO very well.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
When that happens to me, I input a 'more full' version of the web address and it usually works. If smashbros dot com stops functioning properly, enter www dot smashbros dot com Fslash en underscore us Fslash index dot html and it should bring you there.
Well, I tried that and it didn't work. I then tried to reboot my computer, and now it all works just fine.

Thanks for your advice anyways! :)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Oh, alright. I'm glad to know my input was appreciated to some extent. At least you solved the problem. Now that I think about it, the Japanese version of the page IS more reliable than any other language's version is.

kyle?!

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it's been mentioned and I just missed something, but Snake isn't on the list of characters at smashbros.com anymore

Rhyme

Smash Lord
The suspension is killing..
You mean suspense?

I don't know if it's been mentioned and I just missed something, but Snake isn't on the list of characters at smashbros.com anymore
The Dojo doesn't have Snake on it because he's an unlockale character. Only content which will be unlocked from the start of the game will be introduced on the site.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
WOW! the new vid just makes Pit look even cooler.
Of course.

Does anybody have the same problem? I have it ever since I tried out to load the new movie this morning. At first, it simply wouldn't load... but now I can't even get on the homepage!

And now I'm sad... and angry!

By the way, I hope tomorrow another character will be revealed. We still miss the Captain...
I don't mind characters[at all]but I think a Final Smash will be confirmed.

And @Shritistrang:

Pit will be my first to play..I don't need no order.

The video wasn't the best but oh well.

The order of characters I'll play in (assuming Meta isn't secret):
Meta Knight
Pit
Link (I'm sorry, Link, but you really haven't changed that much. I'll get to you soon, though.)
Ike
Zelda
Bowser (only for the FS though)
Wario
Diddy Kong
Yoshi (to check his uB)
Samus (only for ZSS)
Pokémon Trainer
Notice how the swordsmen are first...

I didn't have trouble with either.

I was both happy and disappointed. I think it should be Wednesday that has double updates, though. I dunno why. But it's the middle of the week, and I feel we could use a double in the middle of the week.
Again, who cares about lists...Pit FTW!

Autographs later.
After I schooled everyone in the Tingle thread, you should want my autograph.;)

Lmao! You're so right! Oh my goodness! Can you imagine the sillyness!?

God I freakin' love Kirby. I hope Sakurai does him justice this time around. He sucks so badly in Melee, he needs to come back a champion.
Dyce, your so silly!?
Kirby is cool. Kirby will still suck though..just watch.

Oh, alright. I'm glad to know my input was appreciated to some extent. At least you solved the problem. Now that I think about it, the Japanese version of the page IS more reliable than any other language's version is.
Of course the Japanese update is more reliable, but, I never had problems with my updates.;)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Me too! Just watching Pit dutifully take his place in front of Palutena's grand doors, only to gracefully fall backward and soar through the clouds, was simply magical. Bring on the demo! :grin:

Autographs later.
Budhat FTW! Haha, let me know when you're available for autographs.

(Really, though, I loved the PT update. I'm eagerly awaiting the rest of PT and Pit's Special Moves!)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Dyce, you make me laugh.

Good. I like to be noted as "funny". That means some people actually like me.

Yeah. Post, like, a video of the FS. That would be cool.

An even better suggestion! I didn't think of that.

True. Unless it's a really good item. But probably not even then. Two items per update.

No matter how "really good" an item is, one will never satisfy anyone. Especially for the serious and competative Smasher. The only way one item update would work is if the item was EPIC. And I mean, like, Smash Ball epic, not contemporary items like a Hammer or Star Man or Spicy Curry. They need to do insanely epic things.

Yep. For example, we found out about the Bokoblin on BoE by watching that video. He didn't mention that not only would the bridge be blown up occasionally, we would be attacked by little goblin guys with clubs!

EXACTLY! Had someone not pointed that out to me I woulda been all "Oh! There goes that big guy on his pig. Better watch out for him. {avoids} And there's his bomb... Better avoid that as well... {avoids} Whup! The bridge blewdafukup... I guess I'm safe here... now... on this bridge... just me and my opponent(s)... ZOMGWTFBOKOBLIN!? AAAARGH! IT KILLED ME! I DIED! WTF SAKURAI!?"

Speaking of BoE: does anyone else sense some glitchiness involving Tether Recoveries and the blown-up part? For example, if Link were dangling from his beloved Clawshot and the bridge part was warped back in as he was dangling, what would happen? Would it knock him down? Would he keep dangling? If he does keep dangling, what happens when he tries to come back? Would he go through the bridge or be doomed? That's my only major question about BoE.

I kinda see it as if you were tethering and the bridge piece fell from that portal in the sky while you were tethering, your line would be cut and you will get caught underneath. And I say it will probably hurt if you make contact with it while it's in mid-fall.

You mean, a Pokémon and an AT in the same update?

...yes...

Here's an idea: whenever we get an item, we get an item, a Pokémon, and an AT. That might make the items worth staying up for.

I don't know... that seems like TOO much. I'll put a "dream schedule" up at the end of this post.

Most of us who even know about the Dojo know about and love the first two Smash games. For the n00bs who just discovered the game, too bad for them. They can wait until it comes out to learn how to play. The only worthwhile "How to Play" update was the one about Final Smashes. No more, Sakurai!

Exactly. No one needs that, even n00bs don't need that. It's a simple game, and they can watch the intro "How to Play" video when they turn the game on. Or, like the other probably 90% of us who bought SSB64 and Melee, they can just figure it out by just playing the game.

I'm pretty sure we got the full version of "Menu 1" and "LoZ:OoT Medley"; however, everything else was cut, I think. You're right, Dyce. We wanna hear it all!

Even those, I suspect, were cut far too short. We should get the whole thing. It wouldn't be a full Sound Test to get the stage songs. And imagine if we got full songs and Sakurai was nice enough to Podcast them...
Thank you for your support twilight_hero.

Now here's my "Weekly Update Dream Schedule". I think it works itself out quite well:

Monday- Something BIG. We've had a whole weekend of no updates so something big and wonderful should grace our wanting eyes. Maybe a character or a FS (with video).

Tuesday- Ah! I love Two-for-Tuesday! This can be the time of the week where we get both of those items or the AT and Pokemon combo.

Wednesday- Middle of the week... kinda slow... a bummer for most people... let's give them something nice. How does a stage update sound? Good? Yea, I thought so too.

Thursday- We can slow down a bit. We've had a big week. Something not too flashy, but not a total snoozer. Maybe some music or a technique.

Friday- Now Friday is the day we almost dread in the Smash community. This is the end of the week and we have the whole weekend with nothing new coming until Monday. We should end on something big. Something to think about over a long and grueling weekend. Something reminiscent of a "This World..." update.

I think I'm going to make this its own thread. I'm having so much fun! I like where this is going!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Thank you for your support twilight_hero.

Now here's my "Weekly Update Dream Schedule". I think it works itself out quite well:

Monday- Something BIG. We've had a whole weekend of no updates so something big and wonderful should grace our wanting eyes. Maybe a character or a FS (with video).

Tuesday- Ah! I love Two-for-Tuesday! This can be the time of the week where we get both of those items or the AT and Pokemon combo.

Wednesday- Middle of the week... kinda slow... a bummer for most people... let's give them something nice. How does a stage update sound? Good? Yea, I thought so too.

Thursday- We can slow down a bit. We've had a big week. Something not too flashy, but not a total snoozer. Maybe some music or a technique.

Friday- Now Friday is the day we almost dread in the Smash community. This is the end of the week and we have the whole weekend with nothing new coming until Monday. We should end on something big. Something to think about over a long and grueling weekend. Something reminiscent of a "This World..." update.

I think I'm going to make this its own thread. I'm having so much fun! I like where this is going!
Holy crap! You're the first person on this site who's ever gotten me name right!

Anyway...

If you make that thread, post a link. I'll post my idea there.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Anklez15: What rumor would that be? From now on, I'll leave off the "15" if you don't mind.

twilight_hero: I've definitely gotten your name right each and every time I've addressed you in the past. But whatever...

Dyce: Is the seperate thread really necessary? Not to be mean, but we all have our own version of a perfect week of updates, and I would hope that we all acknowledge that a perfect week of updates can not ideally exist, so what do you hope to gain from it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Dont we all widh for that perfect update....

One thing that I want to address, the poke trainer. he would count for three characteres (in a sens of disc space) dude to the fact there is three set of animations, am I right, cause other peeps are saying it's only one character

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Dont we all widh for that perfect update....

One thing that I want to address, the poke trainer. he would count for three characteres (in a sens of disc space) dude to the fact there is three set of animations, am I right, cause other peeps are saying it's only one character
In terms of a disk space? Sure. In terms of the technical amount of characters? No.

Right now, despite the fact that PT has 3 pokemon, he and Pikachu are still the only pokemon characters in the game. They count as 2. I very highly doubt that Sakurai will have fewer pokemon characters in Brawl than in Melee, so we should still be expecting more, despite the fact that PT technically has 3 movesets.

Wrath`

Smash Master
In terms of a disk space? Sure. In terms of the technical amount of characters? No.

Right now, despite the fact that PT has 3 pokemon, he and Pikachu are still the only pokemon characters in the game. They count as 2. I very highly doubt that Sakurai will have fewer pokemon characters in Brawl than in Melee, so we should still be expecting more, despite the fact that PT technically has 3 movesets.

yeah this is what I was thinking, but others think otherwise. Hmm, when will we get C. falcon's update?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
TWoK: PT takes up almost the equivalent of three characters. He will be regarded as three seperate characters, just as Zelda and Shiek were seperate in Melee, by the competitive smashing community.

smashbot226: I'm fine with that so long as you're not agreeing with me because purple is your favorite color. :p

EDIT: You mean ferraris, like the car?

Circus: Casual smasher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom