• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
This is thread #2 regarding CONFIRMED CHARACTERS for SSBB.

The goal of this thread is to discuss characters that have been CONFIRMED for the game, either by Nintendo or a reputable news website. Discussion of characters not on the confirmed or semi-confirmed list is not allowed in this topic, in order to keep it a managable size.

Anyone who posts about a non-confirmed character will recieve a warning for minor spam. Please don't do it.

If you have information regarding the confirmation of a new character, go ahead and post it here along with the source (screenshot, news article, etc). Also, it would be a good idea to PM me so I can update the list, since this thread gets posts rather quickly.

And on that note, I will be "reposting" this thread every so often, so that conversation can start fresh. Nobody wants to read a topic with 500 replies.

On to the fun! Here is the original post:

Chill said:
Nintendo has already unveiled Pit, Phazon suit Samus, Metanight, Wario and..Solid Snake as new characters. But Nintendo would never reveal all of the characters right away.

What moves could these new players bring to the field?
Please keep this discussion to confirmed characters only. Talk about whatever you want... possible moves, how awesome they look with new graphics, links to articles confirming new characters, etc. Just don't talk about non-confirmed characters! The list of confirmed characters are:
Confirmed
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach

----
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit
Ike

Semi-confirmed

Rumored
Shiek
Ganondorf

The original 26 characters from Melee are NOT confirmed. The interview with Sakurai merely pointed out what would have happened if he had not joined the team. It is not a confirmation.

Any posts about unconfirmed characters (including those in Melee, no matter how likely to return) will be ridiculed.

Changes:
5/10 -- List created with original 8 confirmed characters [source: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html]
5/14 -- Moved Samus to "Confirmed" [source:http://www.thewiire.com/game.php?id=1&view=screens]

Previous threads:
Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 1)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
A common misconception. That was a reference to how the design of the game would have progressed had Sakurai not been in charge.

So, while all characters are likely to return, I have chosen to ignore them for now so that we can have a nice, liesurely discussion (lol) of 8.5 characters, rather than 30.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
Wario was inevitable, and will make a brilliant character. And Meta Knight should be good too, nice to see another character from the Kirby series.

Not so sure about Solid Snake to be honest...

Sensai

Smash Master
Scav said:
I have chosen to ignore them for now so that we can have a nice, liesurely discussion (lol) of 8.5 characters, rather than 30.
'lol' is right. 37,673 fanboys of smash=/=leisurely discussion.

And thanks for the note about the tier list.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty happy with the confirmed characters. Very original I must say, very original.

I just can't imagine a moveset for Snake though.

WarioFartPower

Smash Cadet
NGCXX said:
I'm pretty happy with the confirmed characters. Very original I must say, very original.

Snake doesn't really fit in IMO...

Sensai

Smash Master
NGCXX said:

I'm not so sure about Snake either...I dunno. I'd much rather it be just completely Nintendo characters. But hey, that's the die hard Nintendo addict inside of me.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
There's been a rumor scare going around that Snake would be Falcon's replacement. I believe this to be false. Besides Masahiro had been thinking about what to do with Snake. We do know that Snake knows hand to hand combat and Masahiro is really trying to avoid any firearms, but he did say explosives can work, so who knows. Down + B for hiding in a box? Then again I say it'd make a better shield.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Meta Knight will own over Snake.

Wario will own over Snake.

And, I hope, Pichu will own over all, including Snake.

Anyways, I hope some of the 3rd party characters won't get the game rated M. Blood, sexual themes, and gore just don't seem to fit in with Smash.

My Mom

Smash Rookie
Solid Snake was in that Japan-only Melee-style game with Optimus Prime and Bomberman, among others. I haven't played the game so I don't know what kind of move set he has, but I imagine that his move set in SSBB will be somewhat similar. Maybe someone who has played can shed some light.

Sensai

Smash Master
THK said:
There's been a rumor scare going around that Snake would be Falcon's replacement. I believe this to be false. Besides Masahiro had been thinking about what to do with Snake. We do know that Snake knows hand to hand combat and Masahiro is really trying to avoid any firearms, but he did say explosives can work, so who knows. Down + B for hiding in a box? Then again I say it'd make a better shield.
I sincerely doubt that Falcon'll be replaced. He's an original.

And why would they throw him out? I doubt they'll throw away any of the original characters.

Nolando VII

Smash Rookie
Silver Flame said:
Nintendo dosn't even know how they are going to do snakes moves yet
Well considering they are still taking character suggestions, from what I've heard, I'm not suprised... Anyway, imagine all the possibilities - it must be hard to decide on the moveset with the infinate options they have.

Sensai

Smash Master
Nolando VII said:
Well considering they are still taking character suggestions, from what I've heard, I'm not suprised... Anyway, imagine all the possibilities - it must be hard to decide on the moveset with the infinate options they have.
Infinite? You really think that? To me, it almost seems constricting...especially since they don't wanna use guns.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Dream Mix TV: World Fighters is a Japanese cross-over fighting game with Snake in it. The game's pretty terrible, but fun with four people. Snake's moveset is essentially placing remote bombs he can detonate when he wants. He has the punch-punch-round-house and all his other moves are round houses. The nasty thing about him is the ability to lay bombs on people and detonate them whenever he chooses.

I'm worried about Metaknight. In Kirby games, his sword deals good damage at great reach with essentially no lag or start up. I'm guessing the move the trailer showed is a B-move, but if his standard attacks are that quick, we get a flying Marth with ridiculously quick attacks.
I could see his cape being his shield and maybe the box as Snake's (perhaps everyone will get their own unique shield?).

Pit's more of a badass than I remember. This trailer has the "I'm going to kill you" look on his face, but his trophy in SSBM says "I hope this hits you." Not that that's a bad thing, I love this revamp. I might play him just because the bow-to-swords idea is so cool.

Zero Suit Samus was only put in the game so Nintendo could have boobs on the box.

Sensai

Smash Master
Brown Paper Sack said:
Dream Mix TV: World Fighters is a Japanese cross-over fighting game with Snake in it. The game's pretty terrible, but fun with four people. Snake's moveset is essentially placing remote bombs he can detonate when he wants. He has the punch-punch-round-house and all his other moves are round houses. The nasty thing about him is the ability to lay bombs on people and detonate them whenever he chooses.

I'm worried about Metaknight. In Kirby games, his sword deals good damage at great reach with essentially no lag or start up. I'm guessing the move the trailer showed is a B-move, but if his standard attacks are that quick, we get a flying Marth with ridiculously quick attacks.
I could see his cape being his shield and maybe the box as Snake's (perhaps everyone will get their own unique shield?).

Zero Suit Samus was only put in the game so Nintendo could have boobs on the box.
That last part made me rofl. In fact, I'm still rofling. Everywhere, all over the f.

I think the ability to lay bombs would be INCREDIBLY broken. It'd be the ULTIMATE edge-gaurding move ever. Period. That would completely destroy the game, IMO.

Jeah....Meta's gonna **** everyone. It's gonna be SA-WEET!

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Brown Paper Sack said:
However, lets remember Meta Knights HP count. In ALL of games where he is playable his HP is INCREDIBLY low. That what make him either incredibly light or easy to smash.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
probably.

hopefully no space will be wasted on jiggle mechanics. that would be ********.

As for snake, he doesn't fit because he's realistic. All the other characters are cartoony/anime or w/e. Also, he's froma game that involves a lot of sneaking and slow movement. It'll be strange to be sliding all over the place and double jumping with Snake, it won't feel right.

On the otherhand , cardboard box sheild ftw!

Meta knight has seems to be pretty broken actually, 5 jumps and he has multi hit standard attacks in midair, that seem pretty unavoidable. Dunno how the lightsaber thing for samus will work.

Sensai

Smash Master
Anyone here wanna see Snake wavedash? That'd be incredibly outta character...

And Meta's moves might not be that powerful. I mean, maybe those were Bs?

Sensai

Smash Master
Zook said:
Nah. Meta Knight was always very skilled and powerful. However, must I remind you that he may be very light?
How fast do you think he'll be? Around the same speed as Kirby?

c0mmanda-s

Smash Rookie
THK said:

how can u replace captain falcon with that guy :mad: must be a lie who would be stupid enough :laugh:

i think zero samus' whip thingy will work like shieks chain, mayb not

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I'd imagine that Meta Knight would be quite a lightweight and lacking a bit in range, I'm thinking like a little more or the same was Y.Link's range in SSBM. However, if they stay true to the games, it wouldn't really matter since he has quite a bit of impressive moves to boast, mostly proven in Revenge of Metaknight in Kirby's Super Star, and that was when he DIDN'T have his wings out. I'm not sure the Dark Metaknight in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror counts.

And don't worry, I don't believe that silly rumor of Snake replacing Falcon, unless Nintendo is seeking to piss a lot of people off. :p

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
THK said:
I'd imagine that Meta Knight would be quite a lightweight and lacking a bit in range, I'm thinking like a little more or the same was Y.Link's range in SSBM. However, if they stay true to the games, it wouldn't really matter since he has quite a bit of impressive moves to boast, mostly proven in Revenge of Metaknight in Kirby's Super Star, and that was when he DIDN'T have his wings out. I'm not sure the Dark Metaknight in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror counts.
They will proboly base his moveset on Super Star, judging by a screenshot of the Halbird (Did I spell it right..?) and how he had moves other than slashing..

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Nintendo's not (always) stupid. They know people would get mad. They'll transfer over all the characters, and then they'll try to do what they did after SSB64 --> melee. They'll try to rectify mistakes in movesets. Fox and sheik will get powered down, Pichu and Mewtwo will get bumped up, and they might end up screwing up the characters. Hoepfully not, but that's the reason for new characters, you can't complain and compare to previous versions.

Smashmaniac_91

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to think about snake. For the moment it's the confimed character i like least. Pit looks awesome and metaknight too. I wonder what moves ZS Samus will have?

c0mmanda-s

Smash Rookie
just because this meta..er guy is poweful and whatnot in a kirby game doesnt mean he will be in ssbb, his moves may be fast but they may b extremely weak, who knows

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Wario's move set had better have nothing to do with Wario Ware. We do not need another Game & Watch, we need the bruiser from Wario World. That game ruled, but was way too short. He could simply have the set from that, pretty much. His B could be the special grab, and all the move possiblities from there! Spinning, piledriver, charged throw.
Smash-B should be his shoulder charge he always has, or maybe that is his dash attack.
Butt stomp as a down-B is a given.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I certainly hope Wario shows more of his power side than the silly side, though that whole fart thing I guess is IN character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom