• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Makes her look weak? It actually seems mighty useful. Lets her restore health and start combos without fear of being interrupted. Strength isn't always measurable by the size of one's kamehameha.

And... what's that about more chances for Jiggs? If anything, this makes Jiggly's chances worse.

I have nothing enlightening to add. D=

I'll just let you know that I'm going on an excursion over the weekend. So, yay!
See you guys!
Peach's FS is very awesome because it gives her options. She can heal herself, kill people, or both if possible!

And not to say that this worsens Jiggz chances (I'm still 100% she'll make it back), but it's just wierd that the "put everyone to sleep" FS went to Peach. But I'm not concerned really, look how similar Mario and Samus' FSes are. Yoshi and Diddy's FS are similar in a few ways. And you know Ganondorf's FS is going to be a transformation into Ganon (very similar to Bowser/Giga Bowser).

*Idea for Jiggz's FS*
~Lullaby and Nightmare~
Jiggz pulls out a microphone and her song amplifies a hundred-fold. All the enemies fall asleep, and she gets ticked off. She then goes around to each opponent and gives them Nightmares. Nightmares are like being hit with Lip's Stick. You take damage over a period of time. But Jiggz has the option of making worse for you. Only in this case, you can't shake them off. If she sees fit, she can hang around and give you scarier Nightmares, increasing the damage you take over time. Nightmares will never decrease in potency, and will only end if you wake up or if Jiggz wakes you up.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
although it could be useful at times, but Peach's FS makes her look weak! seriously! one of the strongest characters in the game only puts opponents to sleep while u heal by eating peaches. even tho they'll be asleep probably longer than normal, she can still only hit them once, assuming their damage is high...

oh yea n Little Mac looks cool (too bad for the fanboys)
SO mad about Little Mac! A big disappointment for me. :ohwell:

And Peach Blossom is anything BUT weak! In the Gamespot / Gamepro / Gamewhatever video, the move does about 30% to all of her opponents and puts them to sleep. Not only that, but she can heal herself! Weak? I think not.

Peach's FS is very awesome because it gives her options. She can heal herself, kill people, or both if possible!

And not to say that this worsens Jiggz chances (I'm still 100% she'll make it back), but it's just wierd that the "put everyone to sleep" FS went to Peach. But I'm not concerned really, look how similar Mario and Samus' FSes are. Yoshi and Diddy's FS are similar in a few ways. And you know Ganondorf's FS is going to be a transformation into Ganon (very similar to Bowser/Giga Bowser).

*Idea for Jiggz's FS*
~Lullaby and Nightmare~
Jiggz pulls out a microphone and her song amplifies a hundred-fold. All the enemies fall asleep, and she gets ticked off. She then goes around to each opponent and gives them Nightmares. Nightmares are like being hit with Lip's Stick. You take damage over a period of time. But Jiggz has the option of making worse for you. Only in this case, you can't shake them off. If she sees fit, she can hang around and give you scarier Nightmares, increasing the damage you take over time. Nightmares will never decrease in potency, and will only end if you wake up or if Jiggz wakes you up.
Ahh, I agree completely about Peach's FS. I don't even mind that it's not really SPP-related. I love it! :love:

Maybe Hyper Voice instead of Lullaby, just for the namesake? And perhaps the option could be presented for Jiggz to either give someone a Nightmare (like the Lip's Stick idea) or to steal health with Dream Eater. Kudos for the neat idea, though! :grin:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ahh, I agree completely about Peach's FS. I don't even mind that it's not really SPP-related. I love it! :love:

Maybe Hyper Voice instead of Lullaby, just for the namesake? And perhaps the option could be presented for Jiggz to either give someone a Nightmare (like the Lip's Stick idea) or to steal health with Dream Eater. Kudos for the neat idea, though! :grin:
I like the sound of Hyper Voice. (Is it an actual Pokemon move?)

And giving Jiggz the option of Nightmare or Dream Eater would be a nice touch. Maybe, while everyone's asleep, her uB would change to Nightmare (an spooky aura engulfs her as opposed to music and light, and anyone who comes in contact with it is Nightmare-ified) and if she grabs them and uses B she could Eater their Dreams (like a normal grab-punch, but it steals their health along with damaging them).

Would either attacks wake them up? If done in excess, I suppose...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I like the sound of Hyper Voice. (Is it an actual Pokemon move?)

And giving Jiggz the option of Nightmare or Dream Eater would be a nice touch. Maybe, while everyone's asleep, her uB would change to Nightmare (an spooky aura engulfs her as opposed to music and light, and anyone who comes in contact with it is Nightmare-ified) and if she grabs them and uses B she could Eater their Dreams (like a normal grab-punch, but it steals their health along with damaging them).

Would either attacks wake them up? If done in excess, I suppose...
Yep! Hyper Voice is 3rd Gen. I felt it was more appropriate since it was the name of an actual Pokémon attack. And I like your implementation of the two attacks! Dream Eater would instantly wake the opponent (because Jiggz is in your head, eating your dreams LOLZ), but Nightmare would stay in effect until: 1) the opponent wakes up of his or her own accord, 2) Jiggz uses Dream Eater, or 3) Jiggz attacks the opponent.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
How about Jiggly pulls out her marker of doom and starts scribbling on the faces of all sleeping opponents?

Okay, shutting up now...

I like Peach's FS, I'm just disappointed that we got no new character coming this week.

You know, I believe that up to now, they only put up those veterans that had been starters in Melee.

So, if they keep it like that, then logically speaking, the next veteran character that comes back has to be either Captain Falcon or Ness... or even Sheik, if she returns.

Ness is unlikely because we just got Lucas... if Ness reappears as well, I think he would appear a bit later.

Seeing Sheik would be nice, because we would finally know that she returns. (Yes, Sheik's a she!)

If neither of them show up within the next few weeks... then the only possible alternative has to be the CAP'N!

A few cool newcomers wouldn't hurt either, of course. C'mon, Krystal, Midna and Ridley!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I find that my main problem with Peach's Final Smash is that it's conditional. If she has high damage, then restoring health with the peaches is REALLY helpful. But if not, then they're useless. It's not like she can hold on to the Smash Ball until she has enough damage on her to make it useful, because then it'll just get knocked out of her. The peaches are only helpful at specific times, where as a Zero Laser from Samus is always devastating (assuming you don't miss).

As for putting people to sleep, yeah, that's nice. Especially if it does damage. Altogether, the Final Smash does seem useful, and at least it's different. I'm not much of a Peach fan anyway, so what does it matter whether I approve? Glad other people like it.

And I really like that idea for Jigglypuff's Final Smash, Dyce and Aeris (though Shritistrang's is admittedly funnier). Well done, you two.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
How About there is a team of Bosses like...Nintendo's Akatsuki...You think the Ancient Minister is running things then...*POW* its Andy from toy Story!
bosses i think will be in brawl are...

king dedede
ridley
guigus from earth bound
lavos from chrono trigger
Ganon all three froms.

and many, many more.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I find that my main problem with Peach's Final Smash is that it's conditional. If she has high damage, then restoring health with the peaches is REALLY helpful. But if not, then they're useless. It's not like she can hold on to the Smash Ball until she has enough damage on her to make it useful, because then it'll just get knocked out of her. The peaches are only helpful at specific times, where as a Zero Laser from Samus is always devastating (assuming you don't miss).

As for putting people to sleep, yeah, that's nice. Especially if it does damage. Altogether, the Final Smash does seem useful, and at least it's different. I'm not much of a Peach fan anyway, so what does it matter whether I approve? Glad other people like it.

And I really like that idea for Jigglypuff's Final Smash, Dyce and Aeris (though Shritistrang's is admittedly funnier). Well done, you two.
Well, even if you have SOME damage, it's better to start with a clean slate than carry it around. All damage recovery is helpful; Peach Blossom is just less effective when she has less damage. And at least it does a cool 30% to all, not to mention sleep. I'm happy with it, and that's what counts. :grin:

Thanks! Dyce really started it; I just embellished upon it. ;)

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Sleep+Max Charged Peach D-smash= teh uber ,specially if sleeping counts as CC-like.

Tch... Ganon will not be a boss in SE, he is gonna be playable and is as strong as boss in regular fights anyways...(not trying to sound rude if i am sounding like it).

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Alright, alright, alright...

Ice Climbers FS idea:

The lead climber leaps up above the follower and shoots down a wave of cold air that freezes the other's hammer (and anyone other player's character it touches) making it many times its normal size. The lead climber then drops down, grabs the other's hand, and chucks them forward. If it hits someone, they keep swinging a couple of rotations or so and then the ice shatters and then they warp back (or maybe slide back Iceman style, lulz). If it misses, it keeps going a ways (maybe twice the length of Yoshi's Island?) and then shatters and the climber can try to recover (if they aren't KO'd to the side).

Solo climber would be...just the big downwards blast of ice.

And...all of the character changes sound awesome so far. W00t.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
SO mad about Little Mac! A big disappointment for me. :ohwell:

And Peach Blossom is anything BUT weak! In the Gamespot / Gamepro / Gamewhatever video, the move does about 30% to all of her opponents and puts them to sleep. Not only that, but she can heal herself! Weak? I think not.

oooh well i didnt know about the 30% part...w/e
n for the record i did say it was gonna be useful O_o i only said it was weak coz like, before i knew about the 30% thing, a strong character that just puts people to sleep...well it looked weak to me but w/e

on n Dyce's idea on Jiggz's FS sounds sexy

Depster

Smash Champion
I'm not really liking peaches FS, it has nothing to do with her cept with the peaches. She could have at least gone to mad peach mode and pummeled the daylights out of everyone... But what's done is done... Wow Dyce, have you been here this whole time since i posted last?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
We now have rooms for all the confirmed characters, so you can take your discussion there. If you weren't talking about confirmed characters to begin with, you can take your discussion to where it should have been in the general character discussion room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom