• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Quite a diversity of platform shapes and sizes in New Pork City.
Brawl Challenge #1: Travel all of New Pork City with the use of Wavedash techniques only.
Im gonna get killed by the Ultimate Chimera just for fun :)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff will put all of her enemies asleep, and then she will deflate, sink herself into one of their mouths, slide down into their throat, and then expand...

You can finish the picture from here. ;)
That's...um...wow...<.< Inflation FTW

Ooh...it's a joke. :lick:

lol i could imagine that: * jigglypuff is in Peach while she is asleep and inflating* it would sorta go like this:

*Peach while inflating when everyone's awake again*: Mario, does this dress make me look fat? *BOOM!*

Mario: Holy ****ing mama mia! Yeah, you did look sorta fat in that dress...
LMAO.

****it I'm really sick of the boards going down every time I try to post. It's like it knows.

I'm fairly surprised that no one is talking about the confirmation of alternate costumes and custom intros. That seemed like big news to me, but then again, I like the little things...
Why, yes, they do know. It's a conspiracy to prevent intelligent posting, which is now banned on forums.

I was SO excited by custom entrances. I remember my utter disappointment when they were removed from Melee.

Are there more demos on the way? Like another puplic thing this weekend?
Hopefully. The more the better.

^^ And I knew from the start Sakurai would have to die...but I wont kill him Dont Worry...(Ill just go to War w/ Japan)
XD You and Mr. Sakurai...

I believe the apples are supposed to be 'Peaches', assuming SAkurai is being his usual comical self.

As for Ike, ... I take back what I said earlier in the thread. Unless he changes before the game is released, he looks like one cheap sonuva*****:psycho:
That's an interesting thing to notice, and I wouldn't doubt it.

Ike's one bundle of lag. Have you seen that it takes him like half a second to Ftilt? He appears to have loads of ending lag, so while he'll be able to push fast characters away, Ike won't be able to combo so well, and you'll have to be uber precise with each swing despite the rediculous priority he will have. Which reminds me, Ike is the new Marth when it comes to edgeguarding.

Way to steal my thunder! I was just about to mention that. :lick:
Nobody in those demos could recover if their life depended on it. I want to see good players get their hands on Brawl. Luckily, Gimpyfish is playing it at E for All, or so I've heard, so we'll know about stuff like WDing and whatnot afterwards.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
wow, i guess we are really getting off topic here. anyway, i have missed alot from this thread so can someone please fill me in on the last 15 pagges or so. thanks

anyway. HURRAY SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Look at Smash64, that game was mostly balanced in its own regard. You could divvy up the ranks into only 2 tiers, and you probably didn't even need two, one would have sufficed. Yet the gameplay isn't so rewarding if every character can own 3/4 of the rest of the characters. :ohwell:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Look at Smash64, that game was mostly balanced in its own regard. You could divvy up the ranks into only 2 tiers, and you probably didn't even need two, one would have sufficed. Yet the gameplay isn't so rewarding if every character can own 3/4 of the rest of the characters. :ohwell:
But if every character was more-or-less balanced, then that means you would have to... {gasp!} get good in order to be considered competition!

...yes, I would actually prefer that. And I don't think that having all characters balanced would be a bad thing at all. It would bring diversity to an prodominantly Space Animal overrun game. We need more of that around here.

Not saying every character should be on the SAME EXACT LEVEL, I know technically that's impossible, but they should be fairly close, regardless.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yes...You are righ actually...balance isnt always satisfaction

Both sides are good arguments....Im going w/ Dyce cuz I need to get my rep up

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yes...You are righ actually...balance isnt always satisfaction

Both sides are good arguments....Im going w/ Dyce cuz I need to get my rep up
Bwahahahahahaha!
(LMAO @ Rhyme)

I guess I'm more reputable than Rhyme now? I actually didn't see that ever happening.

{commence smugness}

EDIT:
No offense, Rhyme. You know I love you, but it's just so cool to be popular. ;)

Repryx

Smash Champion
No I meant my playing rep Dyce...Proving that I'm good c'mon dood dont take things the wrong way

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know. The space animals, Shiek, and Marth make up 95% of all tournament played characters. Still, if you make all the characters too good then it makes it less fun and more discouraging to the people who put long hours of practice into the game, only to fail at the hands of a n00b.

:( -leaves to cry in corner- :cry:

:laugh: Nah it's cool. I'm less worried about being popular than I am about what will happen to the "smug" Dyce.

-Dyce reputation rising-

-people start following Dyce-

-chaos ensues-

._o

Repryx

Smash Champion
Thinking of dyce Rep..Did you kill Aeris Dyce??? I just made cloud kill her in FF7

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yeah, I know. The space animals, Shiek, and Marth make up 95% of all tournament played characters. Still, if you make all the characters too good then it makes it less fun and more discouraging to the people who put long hours of practice into the game, only to fail at the hands of a n00b.

:( -leaves to cry in corner- :cry:

:laugh: Nah it's cool. I'm less worried about being popular than I am about what will happen to the "smug" Dyce.

-Dyce reputation rising-

-people start following Dyce-

-chaos ensues-

._o

... :lol:
{slowly gets down from pedestal}

But if you're good enough, you shouldn't lose to n00bs no matter what character you are. What I'm talking about are the halfway decent kids. The kids who lose and lose and lose and discover the most broken character and when they finally get a win they explode. If they're using the character(s) they know to be broken, and you're toughing it out as your favorite, regardless of how bad they are, and lose, it's just so annoying.

If every character is just so good (not great), it will require you to actually need to practice to get good, and a person's skill will lie solely on their own their own hard work. THAT'S what makes fighting games balanced.

So we need:
1) All characters at Mid-High Tier, none at Top
2) High Tier characters with Mid Tier FSes, and Mid Tier characters with High Tier FSes
3) Halo idiots to stay away from Brawl :p

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ooh. Oh oh ooooh. I missunderstood what you said. That actually sounds nice. XD

Does number two matter? We probably won't be using items anyway.

Agreed, especially that last one. I find that I'm generally not all-that-fond of the breed of gamers who play Halo on XBox Live. Don't ask me why...
I think you all know, anyway. No offense to SmoothCriminal.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

But if you're good enough, you shouldn't lose to n00bs no matter what character you are. What I'm talking about are the halfway decent kids. The kids who lose and lose and lose and discover the most broken character and when they finally get a win they explode. If they're using the character(s) they know to be broken, and you're toughing it out as your favorite, regardless of how bad they are, and lose, it's just so annoying.

If every character is just so good (not great), it will require you to actually need to practice to get good, and a person's skill will lie solely on their own their own hard work. THAT'S what makes fighting games balanced.

So we need:
1) All characters at Mid-High Tier, none at Top
2) High Tier characters with Mid Tier FSes, and Mid Tier characters with High Tier FSes
3) Halo idiots to stay away from Brawl :p
See, this argument makes a lot of sense to me. It's a matter of equality of opportunity. Mewtwo players shouldn't be doomed to fail simply because the opponent's character is better than the DNA Pokémon. It's not a matter of homogenization--every character can still be an individual; but all characters should have about the same opportunity to succeed, unlike the huge disparity between, say, Fox and Mewtwo in Melee.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe

That's the just of it :)
Balance for Brawl :p

Well, that all depends if people want Smash Balls in serious competitive play or not.

I kinda do, but we'll see what the general consensus is.
I say Big Blue should be "un-banned" ;)

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of a co-op HRC but it seems kinda cheap at the same time(imagine the insane combos you could do in a closed space with 2 people in 10 secs), the shield is pretty much to make it easier for people right?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
people!! Samurai Goroh is an Assist Trophy!, so no he won't be playable and there no chance that Capn't Falcon could ever out run Sonic I mean c'mon it's Sonic were talking about

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, now captain falcon is **** fast, if they make someone look noticeably faster than him, then the game might look odd and sonic might be weird in status. Too much speed?
... WHAT!?

TOO FAST!? Sonic is the fastest thing alive! If he's not the fastest in the game, at least slightly noticeably, then it would just be a huge misjustice.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Cant wait till tommorows update. Yeah they should fix CFalcon...they should give him metal kneepads. :D

Fawriel

Smash Master
Awww... come on now Fawriel. No need for the hate on CFalcon, especially since he's already in and we all know it.
I'm not hating. The Captain has a very special place in my heart. Well, right next to it. Actually, that might be a tumor.

Ah well, as long as they apply some actual balancing this time, I'll be fine.

Come to think of it, I wonder whether Sonic's spring will be usable by other characters in the air as well. That would somewhat cripple his edgeguarding game. And since the spring is an object that kinda appears out of thin air... when will it disappear? Maybe it will only disappear after a few seconds, and until then, Sonic is unable to create another one for recovery? That would make him practically defenseless if edgeguarded well.........

Now Falcon, the only way to properly balance him is castration.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I say deathmatch between The Captain and the Blue Blur. Winner gets to stay in Brawl. And loser. . . well, DEATHmatch. >_>

I also say Sonic should be given all the Smash Balls during the match.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
''You might not use it on the ground much, but rumor has it that if you do, the spring that remains can be used by other characters.'' This means the spring will only pop out when its used from the ground and can only be used by others when it is deposited on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom