• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
So Peach's FS is... she makes a border on the screen, and everyone gets bored because she's not actually doing anything cool, and they all fall asleep, and then pink apples appear next the them?
Yea, I still don't like Peach yet.

And what about Ike's FS? I'm interested in seeing that one.
I believe the apples are supposed to be 'Peaches', assuming SAkurai is being his usual comical self.

As for Ike, neither his or Meta's have appeared in videos (as well as a few other characters, but we've already seen theirs). Meta's supposedly makes the screen black out and creates swipes across the screen, so it seems similar to Links. Ike's is odd, as apparently he dashes around the place with an electrically charged Ragnell (it's odd because not only does it sound similar to Pikachu's of all characters, but I don't recall him doing anything vaguely similar to that in either of the games he's been in:dizzy: )

And I take back what I said earlier in the thread. Unless he changes before the game is released, he looks like one cheap sonuva*****:psycho:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
err wasnt mario WEARING Luigi's colors? Is Luigi deconfirmed or was mario just wearing brown and green?
Did you never play Melee? Luigi's clothes were one of Mario's costumes. Just because Mario is wearing another costume, doesn't mean Luigi's out. That makes no sense at all!

Those moves all look fantabulous! A lot of those moves I actually did see, but I guess I just dismissed them or overlooked them.

So Peach's FS is... she makes a border on the screen, and everyone gets bored because she's not actually doing anything cool, and they all fall asleep, and then pink apples appear next the them?
Yea, I still don't like Peach yet.

And what about Ike's FS? I'm interested in seeing that one.

Lolz. I'll bet I know why they need an extra two months: to fix the animations for characters who hit the screen. Look how Sonic bounces off the screen at the end of the match. Very lame, indeed.

(If Sonic gets spiked, he should pop up from the bottom of the screen and throw his arms and legs out and make an :O face like he does when he dies or "gets spiked" [pun] in his own games.)
LOL at your Peach statement. Gotta agree with you there. Don't kill me, Aeris.

I also like your idea for Sonic's off-the-bottom death. Hmm...Mario's should be the one from his games, when he dies. When Link dies off the bottom, he should lose a life, but come back to the edge, face-down, and get clamber up, like if he falls into a pit.

I believe the apples are supposed to be 'Peaches', assuming SAkurai is being his usual comical self.

As for Ike, neither his or Meta's have appeared in videos (as well as a few other characters, but we've already seen theirs). Meta's supposedly makes the screen black out and creates swipes across the screen, so it seems similar to Links. Ike's is odd, as apparently he dashes around the place with an electrically charged Ragnell (it's odd because not only does it sound similar to Pikachu's of all characters, but I don't recall him doing anything vaguely similar to that in either of the games he's been in:dizzy: )

And I take back what I said earlier in the thread. Unless he changes before the game is released, he looks like one cheap sonuva*****:psycho:
What did you said earlier in the thread?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I think it was along the lines that Meta wouldn't be anywhere as good as people are expecting him to be, but now we've seen him in action and heard thoughts on him, he does actually look to be incredibly good. I won't say broken yet, but he has potential too it seems.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I think it was along the lines that Meta wouldn't be anywhere as good as people are expecting him to be, but now we've seen him in action and heard thoughts on him, he does actually look to be incredibly good. I won't say broken yet, but he has potential too it seems.
Ah. Yeah, I agree with you there. I knew from the start he would own, though.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^ And I knew from the start Sakurai would have to die...but I wont kill him Dont Worry...(Ill just go to War w/ Japan)

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice

I would really hope that is not official, 'cept Meta's, that sounds kinda cool.
Being a Fire Emblem fan myself, I would really hope he would do something with Ragnell's ranged capabilities or something, like a mass of spam of beams or something like that, but still, I just wish it would be something big like Samus'. And yeah, Peach's FS is very odd.

PS: Im new :) Hi!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I would really hope that is not official, 'cept Meta's, that sounds kinda cool.
Being a Fire Emblem fan myself, I would really hope he would do something with Ragnell's ranged capabilities or something, like a mass of spam of beams or something like that, but still, I just wish it would be something big like Samus'. And yeah, Peach's FS is very odd.

PS: Im new :) Hi!
Welcome. Prepare to be picked on until you gain some respect. (Nothing personal. n00bs always get picked on.)

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
My friend said something like that for meta-knight. Never believed him though. Ike's FS sounds pretty cool.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ragnell is sweet The Black Knight should be in the game as a heavy character w/ Alondite so Ike can have fun in the SE

Dynamism

Smash Lord
how about Marth and Micaiah instead. We only need 1 heavy weight swordsman. Ganon maybe but he doesn't need a sword. And Meta Knight looks just balanced with the others. Diddy would be way harder to use for the first time. He doesn't fly around easily with a sword and big attacks. Especialy with n00bs that don't know how to adjust with the concept of having a variety of moves.

Are there more demos on the way? Like another puplic thing this weekend?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
In addition to seeing the Special Moves and Final Smashes, I was very thrilled to see a few new Assist Throphies and items:

Jill (Drill Dozer): Assist Trophy

Advance Wars: Assist Trophy

Smart Bomb (Starfox): Item

Don't ask me in which movies I've seen them, as I don't really remember...

I also like the new Norfair stage, although I'm a bit disappointed because it looks so much like Brinstar...

Oh well, as long as the second Metroid stage in the game is NOT Brinstar... I believe I'd be going mad when that happens.

JPW

Smash Ace
i hope he reveals some more FS this week. So I know what to expect when people start flaming youtube with videos next week, of how lucky Americans are.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling they are going to make Fox a lot worse than he was in Melee. There's no way he's going to be as fast. I think Pit and Samus are going to be the two most used characters, at least initially.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
yah repryx letting people have hope is something u shouldn't take, i mean i HATE and i mean hate religion yet im friends with very religious people cause they are good people, now dont be a jerk and dont soak up the hope that others have to make them happy.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
You can look at the delay as a chance to make Brawl even better. (and think about the n00bs that will bow down to you online when they get 4 stocked by your Falco, Repryx)

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
God I just want to play the game again lol >< i miss it so much, i sold my gamecube a while ago for fable....that was stupid, then blah blah blah got a wii and now im gonna be borrowing melee and all its gonna do is make me think "**** brawl! COME OUT!"

Repryx

Smash Champion
You can look at the delay as a chance to make Brawl even better. (and think about the n00bs that will bow down to you online when they get 4 stocked by your Falco, Repryx)
Only If they Bring Sacrifices...THEN we will be talking...Besides this gives me time to become even more technical...I want to be most technical in my Area...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
****it I'm really sick of the boards going down every time I try to post. It's like it knows.

Anyhow, I'm no more enthusiastic about the delay than anyone else, but if it means Falco, then I'll take it. Just so long as this doesn't turn into the next Twilight Princess.

On a different note, check out this vid if you wanna see Super Sonic in action;

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/super-smash-bros-brawl-sonic-vs-link-310575.php

No idea how they got ahold of the game, but it's sure lookin pretty as ever.

I'm fairly surprised that no one is talking about the confirmation of alternate costumes and custom intros. That seemed like big news to me, but then again, I like the little things...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
MOAR LIEK IF THEY PUT ROY BACK MIRITE

Seriously, though, a delay'd be cool if it meant that all the characters that got taken out get put back in.

People talk about that stuff in other threads. I, myself, think that little things like that are absolutely essential to what SSB is.

Banishment

Smash Rookie
****it I'm really sick of the boards going down every time I try to post. It's like it knows.

Anyhow, I'm no more enthusiastic about the delay than anyone else, but if it means Falco, then I'll take it. Just so long as this doesn't turn into the next Twilight Princess.
I'm thinking the delay is possibly to take out any final glitches or bugs that the game may have. But hopefully we still have L-cancel's, etc...

On a different note, check out this vid if you wanna see Super Sonic in action;

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/super-smash-bros-brawl-sonic-vs-link-310575.php

No idea how they got ahold of the game, but it's sure lookin pretty as ever.

I'm fairly surprised that no one is talking about the confirmation of alternate costumes and custom intros. That seemed like big news to me, but then again, I like the little things...
Is it me or does it seem like Sonic's FS is a little bland? D:

He just...flies around and kills people. =/ Not too surprising.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think its cool she can make everyone fall asleep. :) So... what does that say about Jigglypuff coming back? Because, thats kind of his special move as well...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think its cool she can make everyone fall asleep. :) So... what does that say about Jigglypuff coming back? Because, thats kind of his special move as well...
Jigglypuff will put all of her enemies asleep, and then she will deflate, sink herself into one of their mouths, slide down into their throat, and then expand...

You can finish the picture from here. ;)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Fatality Smash??? Could it Be that that was the Hidden meaning of FS???

EDIT:

Neck Snap FTW

Pit's will be he shoots you thru both eyes

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Jigglypuff will put all of her enemies asleep, and then she will deflate, sink herself into one of their mouths, slide down into their throat, and then expand...

You can finish the picture from here. ;)
lol i could imagine that: * jigglypuff is in Peach while she is asleep and inflating* it would sorta go like this:

*Peach while inflating when everyone's awake again*: Mario, does this dress make me look fat? *BOOM!*

Mario: Holy ****ing mama mia! Yeah, you did look sorta fat in that dress...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom