• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Come to think of it, I wonder whether Sonic's spring will be usable by other characters in the air as well. That would somewhat cripple his edgeguarding game. And since the spring is an object that kinda appears out of thin air... when will it disappear? Maybe it will only disappear after a few seconds, and until then, Sonic is unable to create another one for recovery? That would make him practically defenseless if edgeguarded well.........
The gameplay videos have told me that his spring disappears from the ground after a few seconds and that when he uses it in the air, it flies away when he bounces off it.

Now Falcon, the only way to properly balance him is castration.
Is he. . . heavy on one side? <_< >_> <_<

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Complete Bordem

would just like to say:

Originally Posted by Masahiro Sakurai

1: The stadium platform is protected by a shield.

Whoa! This nice feature keeps you from falling.

If you don’t put some force into it, you won’t break through the shield, so you can pummel Sandbag to your heart’s content. Surely this will allow you to string together new combos.

2: Two players can play together.

Incredible! Two can enjoy it!

As a tag team, you can challenge yourselves to set even greater records. You’ll have to work perfectly together, though.

3: Two-player alternating play.

Compete for distance in two matches!

Ah, competition—that’s what the Stadium is all about. Players compete to see who can hit the farthest.

4: Online competitions.

You can’t tell from this shot, but this is an online match.

This option can be found under With Friends. And it supports both the two-player cooperative and two-player alternating modes.
1: does this mean that the Sandbag can still fly out if u mess up and that u can combo better by getting out of the shield, OR was it a typo and it really means u can combo the Sandbag easier?

2/3: Lucas' kick doesnt look like any of Ness' attacks...unless Lucas is just making it look different.

Ike's doesnt look like he's using any of Marth's/Roy's attacks except the Shield Breaker/Flare Blade which are Neutral Special Moves, and we all know Ike's B is Eruption where Ike STABS Ragnell into the ground.

4: umm dont really have to say much...uh...isnt it nice how Brawl's color scheme is darker than the ones in Melee? oh yea n it also looks like alot of things are becoming 2 player and/or online...sick

yea u can tell i was bored too...i even made those links in the pics and that arrow thing or quotes

EDIT: oh yea n props on CFalcon update this week or tomorrow

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm not hating. The Captain has a very special place in my heart. Well, right next to it. Actually, that might be a tumor.

Ah well, as long as they apply some actual balancing this time, I'll be fine.
IT'S NOT A TUMAHH! :laugh:

...Erm, really sorry about that. Couldn't help it.

And I agree, balancing is key to a successful Smash game. With more characters, it would only be fair if all of them had a relatively equal chance to succeed.

P.S. - Lucas' NAir confirmed today? Sex Hex Kick? GET IT?! HEX, like HEXagons?! :psycho:

(Okay, I promise I'll stop. Lucas' SM tomorrow.)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Obviously the only way to fix this is to completely can Captain Falcon.

... what?
Now that you mention it...

Cant wait till tommorows update. Yeah they should fix CFalcon...they should give him metal kneepads. :D
That'd only make the knee weaker. His 'bare-bone through skin-tight spandex' style is what gives it that extra OOMPH!

Maybe it will only disappear after a few seconds, and until then, Sonic is unable to create another one for recovery? That would make him practically defenseless if edgeguarded well.........

Now Falcon, the only way to properly balance him is castration.
I'm pretty sure the spring only lingers on solid ground, and it disappears quickly off-stage.

Agreed. Nintendo should have forseen what advantages would be gained from being a tripod.

I say deathmatch between The Captain and the Blue Blur. Winner gets to stay in Brawl. And loser. . . well, DEATHmatch. >_>
The winner of that matchup fights Olimar.

Is he. . . heavy on one side? <_< >_> <_<
-Ponders-...what in the heck are you talking about?

P.S. - Lucas' NAir confirmed today? Sex Hex Kick? GET IT?! HEX, like HEXagons?! :psycho:

(Okay, I promise I'll stop. Lucas' SM tomorrow.)
^^ I like it.

Oh, and I finally got your Captain Morgan reference, which means I'm finally suffering the blow to my esteem for having taken THIS long to notice...:(

Give it an eFing rest already. Why can't you be seduced sedated by a nice Falcon tomorrow?

wow looks like the Wiimote's never gonna be used during a tourney...maybe it'll be used when people are just messing around...like me when i get Brawl XD
also looks like yer gonna have a hard time with some defense considering the (what i like to call) Defense Button is trigger thing...where u have to press it weird. i really expected using some type of motion control but i guess you probably find that in the Nunchuk combo area...

Meowth de-confirmed. never really expected him to a PC considering Lyn and Samurai Goroh got ATd...too bad. wuts up with the thing at the end tho? cant they just tell us straight up? seriously wtf...

EDIT: oh yea srry bout the update...copy thing. i got really bored

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Actually many people who have played the wiimote have praised about how it played very well.

.......crouching

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
wow looks like the Wiimote's never gonna be used during a tourney...maybe it'll be used when people are just messing around...like me when i get Brawl XD
also looks like yer gonna have a hard time with some defense considering the (what i like to call) Defense Button is trigger thing...where u have to press it weird. i really expected using some type of motion control but i guess you probably find that in the Nunchuk combo area...

Meowth de-confirmed. never really expected him to a PC considering Lyn and Samurai Goroh got ATd...too bad. wuts up with the thing at the end tho? cant they just tell us straight up? seriously wtf...

EDIT: oh yea srry bout the update...copy thing. i got really bored
I will never use the Wiimote. Never.

I doubt there'll be any motion control in Brawl. It...wouldn't be the same game...IMO, it would have a high chance of losing some gameplay value, if it were done badly. Besides, just 'cause something's on Wii doesn't mean it has to have motion control. Also, since I'll never use the Wiimote, or the Classic Controller (for the simple reason that I don't have one), I'll be wanting to use something besides the GCN controller. The Wiimote+Nunchuk setup is the one I choose if I can't use the GCN controller...unless it has motion controls...

Oh! I used a translator, with the text from the Japanese site...hang on...

[niyasu]. But [pokemon] which is thought that it is measure,
'[sumabura]DX'It was not performed. In unexpected thing.
The first '[sumabura]' empty and the [hi] it rusts and it is appearance.

[niyasu] appearance!

Firing the gold coin quietly!!
“It is dense in the cat, it is”とは言うけれど、
It is not the case that the money in hand increases.

With the reason which throws the gold coin of the forehead it is improbable.
It is? As for having been attached to the forehead“Gold coin”However probably will be,
In the foreign country how it probably is said.
If 'you look at the overseas edition of the [sumabura] fist', whether it is understood??

That's what I got...near as I can figure out, it means...sheeit, I have no idea.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I will never use the Wiimote. Never.
you sir WIN!!!!! Gamecube controller FTW!!!!!!!!

Oh! I used a translator, with the text from the Japanese site...hang on...

[niyasu]. But [pokemon] which is thought that it is measure,
'[sumabura]DX'It was not performed. In unexpected thing.
The first '[sumabura]' empty and the [hi] it rusts and it is appearance.

[niyasu] appearance!

Firing the gold coin quietly!!
“It is dense in the cat, it is”とは言うけれど、
It is not the case that the money in hand increases.

With the reason which throws the gold coin of the forehead it is improbable.
It is? As for having been attached to the forehead“Gold coin”However probably will be,
In the foreign country how it probably is said.
If 'you look at the overseas edition of the [sumabura] fist', whether it is understood??

That's what I got...near as I can figure out, it means...sheeit, I have no idea.
have no idea either, but i'm sure Samurai panda could translate it

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Let's all hope he does. Though, it probably won't be that important anyway... :dizzy:

I like how Sakurai laid out the complete control scheme for the Wii-mote. I guess he got sick of watching the idiots who've been playin the demos so far. He probably doesn't want to see the rest of the world not recovering or ignoring the Smash Ball or just wandering around or just straight up playing like they've never even heard of Smash before.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Let's all hope he does. Though, it probably won't be that important anyway... :dizzy:

I like how Sakurai laid out the complete control scheme for the Wii-mote. I guess he got sick of watching the idiots who've been playin the demos so far. He probably doesn't want to see the rest of the world not recovering or ignoring the Smash Ball or just wandering around or just straight up playing like they've never even heard of Smash before.
Very, very true.

OmegaXXII

yea I bet Sakurai got so tired of them playing like n00bs that he gave us the Wii mote update to better explain it's maneveurlity, even so I'm still not gonna really play with it unless i'm really, really bored which will probably almost never happen because I will enjoy PWN'ing the competion with Bowser or Snake

raul

Smash Lord
I AM!!!

I wonder if he really will be taking Ness' place...

I doubt it. They don't seem to have similar fighting style and you have to remember, Ness is one of the original 12 guys from the N64 SSB. It would be kind of hard to let a well-seasoned vet go after just 2 games. I think its only fair to let him make the 3rd game. Unless his popularity has significantly bombed, and I am honestly not aware of it, I doubt Lucas takes Ness place.

Also, I don't believe Lucas will be the only rep. from Mother/Earthbound series. Ness would have to be included if they wanted to get a decent rep. # from that series, but hey, you never know.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I doubt it. They don't seem to have similar fighting style and you have to remember, Ness is one of the original 12 guys from the N64 SSB. It would be kind of hard to let a well-seasoned vet go after just 2 games. I think its only fair to let him make the 3rd game. Unless his popularity has significantly bombed, and I am honestly not aware of it, I doubt Lucas takes Ness place.

Also, I don't believe Lucas will be the only rep. from Mother/Earthbound series. Ness would have to be included if they wanted to get a decent rep. # from that series, but hey, you never know.
{*cough*CLAUS*cough*}

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Someones's Special Moves Tomarrow and whose left for that?

Kirby (though I don't think he plans on updating that since he's staying the same)
Pikachu
Samus
ZELDA PLZ!!!
Bowser
DK
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Lucas

Hmm, I thought there'd be less. Heck, the only ones that are actually done are Mario, Link, Fox, Pit, PT and Diddy. C'MON SAKAURI YOU HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
you sir WIN!!!!! Gamecube controller FTW!!!!!!!!

Yes! GCN controller FTW! And I wonder if my nonsensical Japanese sh;t adds up to anything vaguely important...

there were 26 characters total and 14 of them were confirmed before the release of the actual game.
So...all the starters, then...except Sheik, maybe?

I know. Although, I personally don't like the Wiimote at all for this game, except with the Nunchuk. I would love to make one of my messages in online play "With the Wiimote!" 'cause that would just be embarrasing...but no, they'll probably be my sig ("Well excuuuuuse me, Princess!") for the standard one, "Good game" for the end, something like "P-p-p-pwned!" for if I make a KO (I know, it's dumb, but I don't have anything else to do...), and "Nice!" once I get KOd and return with my short amount of invincible time.

Lets see if these SWF guys can figure it out ;)

Anywho...stoked for Lucas SM :p
Mmm...me, I'm waiting for more SE stuff. It's been almost two weeks since the last SE update, and that was just the update about teams. I need more storyline! For three characters in particular...Meta Knight (the Halberd's his, how come the Subspace Army is using it?), Link (I'm a die-hard LoZ fan--and when I say "die-hard" I mean it's hard for me to die in the games--and I must know how Link fits in! I bet it has something to do with Zelda, but anyway...), and Sonic (just because it's Sonic).

i will probably be using the GC controller too.
t3h W1NZ0RZ!

I AM!!!

I wonder if he really will be taking Ness' place...
Unlikely.

Someones's Special Moves Tomarrow and whose left for that?

Kirby (though I don't think he plans on updating that since he's staying the same)
Pikachu
Samus
ZELDA PLZ!!!
Bowser
DK
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Lucas

Hmm, I thought there'd be less. Heck, the only ones that are actually done are Mario, Link, Fox, Pit, PT and Diddy. C'MON SAKAURI YOU HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO!
Actually...the only ones who are "officially" done are Link, Mario, and ZSS. All the others have either a partial MS or none of it at all. But don't worry. He has nineteen weeks. *cries*:urg:

And now, I have something to announce--and no, it isn't that I'm marrying Zelda...not for another few years, anyway. No...it's a video link, where...well, the guy talks about there being three taunts in Brawl...Here's the link...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH2NkT-1Qy0

It's a good video, and I'm sure some of you have seen it before, but for those of you who haven't, enjoy it. Don't worry about its long length, it's well worth it.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
YES SE!!!!!

I really want to know the other chars places in the story. Lets hope for a massive update on this tonight. Multiple videos anyone :p

*Nice* is going to be one of my taunts too ;) for the good kills both on me and them. And *oh my...* will be for the bad ones :) After I knock someone off, *YO FACE!* and *TEHPH!!!13!11!!RE1!!*

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
YES SE!!!!!

I really want to know the other chars places in the story. Lets hope for a massive update on this tonight. Multiple videos anyone :p

*Nice* is going to be one of my taunts too ;) for the good kills both on me and them. And *oh my...* will be for the bad ones :) After I knock someone off, *YO FACE!* and *TEHPH!!!13!11!!RE1!!*
dude, i bet Dr. Eggman/robotnik is in charge of metanight and the subspace army.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I think Robotnik Made the enimies cuz they look like Robotnik Robots...Do not call him Eggman. wonder is they make the POOF sound when they die?

OmegaXXII

I think Robotnik Made the enimies cuz they look like Robotnik Robots...Do not call him Eggman. wonder is they make the POOF sound when they die?
If your talking about the Subspace Army then you are mistaken because they are not robots, they are actually sort of like heartless from Kingdom hearts

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Soo the Boss is Xemnas/Xehanort/ Sephiroth????
Robotnik isn't very likely either. It makes sense to have him as a boss, sure, but not the master of the enemies in SE. I don't see why Nintendo would give him the honor since he's not even a Nintendo character.

To me, it makes much more sense for it to either be Master Hand or a new enemy entirely.

Repryx

Smash Champion
How About there is a team of Bosses like...Nintendo's Akatsuki...You think the Ancient Minister is running things then...*POW* its Andy from toy Story!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How About there is a team of Bosses like...Nintendo's Akatsuki...You think the Ancient Minister is running things then...*POW* its Andy from toy Story!
I KNEW IT. That crafty *******.

Well. . .as long as I get to pound on Woody.

although it could be useful at times, but Peach's FS makes her look weak! seriously! one of the strongest characters in the game only puts opponents to sleep while u heal by eating peaches. even tho they'll be asleep probably longer than normal, she can still only hit them once, assuming their damage is high...

oh yea n Little Mac looks cool (too bad for the fanboys)

EDIT: forgot to say:

they fall asleep! more chances of Jiggz return (but of course we all already know of her return XD)

Fawriel

Smash Master
although it could be useful at times, but Peach's FS makes her look weak! seriously! one of the strongest characters in the game only puts opponents to sleep while u heal by eating peaches. even tho they'll be asleep probably longer than normal, she can still only hit them once, assuming their damage is high...

oh yea n Little Mac looks cool (too bad for the fanboys)

EDIT: forgot to say:

they fall asleep! more chances of Jiggz return (but of course we all already know of her return XD)
Makes her look weak? It actually seems mighty useful. Lets her restore health and start combos without fear of being interrupted. Strength isn't always measurable by the size of one's kamehameha.

And... what's that about more chances for Jiggs? If anything, this makes Jiggly's chances worse.

I have nothing enlightening to add. D=

I'll just let you know that I'm going on an excursion over the weekend. So, yay!
See you guys!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Gimpy says Fox is Nerfed so...No spacies??? And Fawreil Strength is ALWAYS measured by the size of ones Kamehameha Wave...I mean look @ Kakarotto's...Its over 9000!

BTW We dont kow exactly how long the sleep thing works but in a one on one I bet its pretty good.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I hope Fox isn't too nerfed... Maybe Samus is pumped up for this game. :)

She looks pretty much the same movement wise though... So... no complaints on her so far.

EXE

Smash Cadet
Can anyone who went to the E for All tell me if Ike is good and compare it to Marth?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom