• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
The Characters not in the demo are, Wario, PT, Snake, Lucas, Zelda, IC, and... Kirby? Obviously this is not the official default roster,Kirby plays a very important role in story mode so I don't think they'll make him secert
Nice one, roy_owns. I remember when you used to make totally illogical comments and now you're pwning respected members of the boards. {nostalgia}

What I'm pissed about with the demos, is that no one is leaking anything about the characters we don't know about! These people have access to Peach/Zamus' FS, Sonic/Pit/Diddy's unannounced special moves, a whole buttload of unreleased items/ATs/Pokemon, and one totally new Metroid stage! Why must the gaming review industry tease us so?

EDIT:
And I forgot all about Ike. Don't even get me started on what they could reveal with Ike...

...ok I'll start: the remainder of his special moves, his FS, and whether he plays enough like Marth as to raise doubt of his return!

Lag

Smash Journeyman
I hate waiting...so much for December 3rd. It would've been the best Christmas ever Brawlin' with my friends! Sadly...it was a dream. Oh well, now that they delayed the release date, I'm expecting more than I expected before. Don't disappoint us Sakurai...

Repryx

Smash Champion
Nice one, roy_owns. I remember when you used to make totally illogical comments and now you're pwning respected members of the boards. {nostalgia}

What I'm pissed about with the demos, is that no one is leaking anything about the characters we don't know about! These people have access to Peach/Zamus' FS, Sonic/Pit/Diddy's unannounced special moves, a whole buttload of unreleased items/ATs/Pokemon, and one totally new Metroid stage! Why must the gaming review industry tease us so?

EDIT:
And I forgot all about Ike. Don't even get me started on what they could reveal with Ike...

...ok I'll start: the remainder of his special moves, his FS, and whether he plays enough like Marth as to raise doubt of his return!

Honestly does anyone know if this issue of Nintendo power gives out Demos?? lolz cuz if so imma buy 1 the demo was nice but WTF @ the noobs...PPL Walking...not running and 2 more things...Metaknight and Pit= Broken lolz. Ike I bet is Broken but the guy playing him wasnt doing anything...BTW Ikes Backflip is like Marths

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Doesn't it raise any eyebrows that Lucas wasn't playable in the demo? That might suggest that he is unlockable, which I think further speaks for his replacement of Ness, because I really doubt that both would be unlockables if they coexist at all...

Naturally, I also expected PT to be a starter and he wasn't in the demo. That was just my gut feeling, though.
Lucas and/or Ness default, Claus secret. :bigthumbu

EDIT:

Those were the days! :chuckle: I agree, though: people don't seem to be eager to share all of the new info. So far, the videos / hands-on impressions have revealed:

* Peach's FS ("Peachy Power")
* Sonic's nB (Homing Attack)
* Pit's sB ("Whirling Blade")
* Diddy's sB ("Chimpy Clamber"), dB ("Banana Peel")
* Ike's FS (some slash-'em-up with lightning orbs?)
* Ike's sB (some dashing slash)
* MK's FS ("Meta Slash")

All names in quotations are my own invention and should be in no way regarded as official names. The attacks themselves exist nonetheless, though. I'm still waiting for Pit's dB! And as far as Ike goes, I think it's safe to say that Marth and Roy would both be too similar to Ike to warrant the inclusion of either one, really.

I hate waiting...so much for December 3rd. It would've been the best Christmas ever Brawlin' with my friends! Sadly...it was a dream. Oh well, now that they delayed the release date, I'm expecting more than I expected before. Don't disappoint us Sakurai...
I know! I felt the same way. I'm sure it will be more than worth the wait, but it feels like we're trying to climb the final staircase with only 49 stars. ;)

First: Good, I'm glad you are.

Second: We still don't know what Sonic's nB is. :p You might be good now, but I've been good at this for a while.
IGN mentioned in their hands-on impressions that Sonic seems to spin attack the nearest person, so I deduced that his nB must be the Homing Attack.

Honestly does anyone know if this issue of Nintendo power gives out Demos?? lolz cuz if so imma buy 1 the demo was nice but WTF @ the noobs...PPL Walking...not running and 2 more things...Metaknight and Pit= Broken lolz. Ike I bet is Broken but the guy playing him wasnt doing anything...BTW Ikes Backflip is like Marths
Ahh, don't start crazy rumors like that! If this is true, I'm resubscribing immediately. Is there any basis for this idea? This could be earthshattering!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Lucas and/or Ness default, Claus secret. :bigthumbu
For both cases, we can only hope. :chuckle:

Those were the days! :chuckle: I agree, though: people don't seem to be eager to share all of the new info. So far, the videos / hands-on impressions have revealed:

* Peach's FS ("Peachy Power")
* Sonic's nB (Homing Attack)
* Pit's sB ("Whirling Blade")
* Diddy's sB ("Chimpy Clamber"), dB ("Banana Peel")
* Ike's FS (some slash-'em-up with lightning orbs?)
* Ike's sB (some dashing slash)
* MK's FS ("Meta Slash")

All names in quotations are my own invention and should be in no way regarded as official names. The attacks themselves exist nonetheless, though. I'm still waiting for Pit's dB! And as far as Ike goes, I think it's safe to say that Marth and Roy would both be too similar to Ike to warrant the inclusion of either one, really.
WTF!?!?! WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE ATTACKS!? IS THERE VIDEO!? OR DO I HAVE TO ACTUALLY READ!?

Either way, I'd like some links please! kthxbye

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
*tear* ... I guess I was wrong. Sakurai, you heart-breaker. Now I have to fully expect the rest of the shoe-in nintendo characters like King dedede, Krystal, Olimar, and hopefully Midna.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Most of those moves have appeared in a video at some point, such as Peach's FS and Pit's weird twirly move. I haven't seen either Ike's or Meta's final smashes though, but those are apparently what they are.

As for Ike replacing Marth (Roy's practically gone at this point I feel), I personally don't think that the movesets imply that. Only a couple of the moves are the same and the rest seem either slightly similar or pretty different. Ike actually seems to punch for a couple of moves.

At the very least the two play nothing alike, Ike is very much a powerhouse character, sluggish but a hard hitter with some good range on him. Still, the VB is still up in the air at the moment, but if it isn't counter then things are looking alright for Marth.

Edit: GenG has done an Analysis on Ike in the Ike thread

GenG said:
I've been dissecting Ike's moveset from the footage videos. Bair, Dtilt, Dsmash and downB are missing though.

B: Eruption. Spawns a column of fire in front of him after stabbing Ragnell in the ground. You charge it for damage and size of the flame. Not very interesting.
B+forward: Critic Move. Those who have played PoR will recognize Ike's critic dash. In Smash, it works like Fox' Illusion. Just doing the move doesn't give you any distance at all, you have to charge it up for more distance.
B+up: Æther. The ****ing win. Incredibly fast, NO LAG after the move, unstoppable, powerful. Ike's main move.
B+down: ¿?

A: Punch.
AA: Punch-Punch combo.

Ftilt: The same as Marth's.
Utilt: A weird move. Ike grabs Ragnell as he were about to stab it in the ground, but points upwards and jumps.
Dtilt: ¿?

Fsmash: Like SSB64 Link's Smash but much more larger, powerful, it can even hit people behind you.
Usmash: A ****ing huge swing covering Ike's body, scary move.
Dsmash: ¿?

Nair: I'm not sure. It could be just like Marth's, but I've could mistaken it with uair. Sometimes Ike does a single swipe in front of him, but it could be B+forward in air.
Uair: The Helicopter. Ike swings Ragnell few times over his head.
Fair: Like Marth's, but slower, larger and more powerful.
Dair: Exactly like Link's.
Bair: ¿?

Final Smash: I haven't seen him, but I've read it's like Pikachu's Volt Tackle. Ike enchants Ragnell with electricity and starts dashing through the screen.

Ike is a powerhouse, with more range than Marth, but far slower (running speed almost like Link's) and with less combo opportunities. You don't need to combo when you have moves that strong.

One of Ike's alternate outfits looks exactly like Sigurd.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lots-o-demos and videos.

Diddy Kong Vs Mario Vs Meta Knight Vs Yoshi on Castle Siege

YouTube - Super Smash Bros Brawl : Free For All Gameplay

Character Select Screen and Stage Select Screen

YouTube - Super Smash Bros Brawl : Character And Stage Select Screen

Samus Vs Mario on Battlefield

YouTube - Super Smash Brothers Brawl : Samus Vs Mario Gameplay

Sonic Vs Link on Lylat Cruise

YouTube - Super Smash Brothers Brawl : Sonic Vs Link Gameplay

Pit vs Yoshi on Norfar

Pit Vs Samus Vs Ike Vs Pikachu on Delfino Plaza

Diddy Kong Vs Mario Vs Peach Vs Meta Knight on Yoshi's Island

GameVideos.com - Super Smash Bros. Brawl 'Diddy Rocket'

Wii Remote Demonstration (Link Vs Sonic on Pokemon Stadium 2)

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/...-the-wii-mote/

Classic Controller Demonstration (Diddy Kong Vs Samus on Castle Siege)

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/...ic-controller/

Fox Vs Donkey Kong Vs Meta Knight Vs Bowser on Skyworld and also Sonic Vs Ike Vs Link Vs Peach on Pokemon Stadium 2

GamePro.com Video: Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Gameplay - Trailers

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I can't stand watching these idiots play Brawl anymore. It's like they've never even heard of the series. They're falling off the stage without even trying to recover, ignoring the Smashball completely, walking around, spamming one specific B or A attack (even if it isn't working for them).

I WANT TO PLAY NOWWW!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I can't stand watching these idiots play Brawl anymore. It's like they've never even heard of the series. They're falling off the stage without even trying to recover, ignoring the Smashball completely, walking around, spamming one specific B or A attack (even if it isn't working for them).

I WANT TO PLAY NOWWW!
Yeah, that one in particular annoys me. Clearly they missed the point of the "YOU MUST RECOVER" update.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Omg! There is one vid where the MK user doesn't press B once. NOT EVEN ONCE!!! And then there's another where they barely press A!!! It hurts to watch yeah, every battle there's someone who has NEVER picked up a controller before and then one other that maybe has a couple times :laugh: jeez
I'm glad they showed Pika and DK. It's a shame the Bowser didn't ebven use an attack :urg:

And I have to say this
MKFTW
:p

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the vids Sugar. Meta's nB looks incredibly useful, but the person spams it.
lol pikachu has pichu's goggles, so does this deconfirm pichu for sure?

Repryx

Smash Champion

I WANT TO PLAY NOWWW!
We Should Proceed to Record our 1st match of Brawl (fresh from the box) Kick a Lvl 9's @$$ then find the Address of these people, mailing copies of the vids with insults such as "Noob" and "Disgrace"

@NEOLINK- Lolz Pikachu killed Pichu

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I saw the evil costume it's sweet :p
And I just found the Diddy Samus thing
Diddys cartwheel is sweet, I can't beleive they never used that any other time
Where did they find all these NOOBS?!?!?! Noboby Dashes?!?! EVER?!?!

I wanna play this freakin game so much. Now we have to wait another 2 MONTHS!
:urg:

Edit: yeah MK sounds low

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Sorry couldn't find a yoshi doing upB, all i saw was a yoshi that spammed downB and fsmashes. :( i liked the announcer's voice in melee better, the new one doesnt fit as much.
O.o yeah wtf meta's voice is so deep heres the vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=2sNofOXuAOY
...that voice has got me hypnotized though.... @.@

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
For both cases, we can only hope. :chuckle:

WTF!?!?! WHERE DID YOU FIND THESE ATTACKS!? IS THERE VIDEO!? OR DO I HAVE TO ACTUALLY READ!?

Either way, I'd like some links please! kthxbye
Let's see...

* Peach's FS: http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140
* Sonic's nB: http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826602p1.html
* Diddy's sB, dB: http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826602p2.html
* Pit's sB: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_2159363.html
* Ike's sB: http://www.gamepro.com/video/player.cfm?vid=116140

Most of the other new moves have been confirmed word-of-mouth, but it's safe to say that none of the websites that have posted previews / interviews / gameplay would be intentionally leading us astray--especially when other websites could prove the liars wrong, thus discrediting their business.

Yeah, that one in particular annoys me. Clearly they missed the point of the "YOU MUST RECOVER" update.
Way to steal my thunder! I was just about to mention that. :lick:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
wats the point of sonic in brawl they should have put pac-man in instead
t3h FAIL!

ARRGHH!! My WHOLE CALENDAR IS RUINED!
Mine too! I was marking off the days, and I wrote a bunch of stuff in pen...now I'm only using pencil. Suxorz!

EDIT:

I saw some IGN vids, this game is going to be the Wii's top seller for, like, evar! But I'm pissed too. Not only does Sakurai delay the best game in existence, he also announces that there will be a playable Brawl demo in California, where I can't go. Man, this BLOWS!

Sorry couldn't find a yoshi doing upB, all i saw was a yoshi that spammed downB and fsmashes. :( i liked the announcer's voice in melee better, the new one doesnt fit as much.
O.o yeah wtf meta's voice is so deep heres the vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=2sNofOXuAOY
...that voice has got me hypnotized though.... @.@
Like I said, I saw some vids on IGN. I agree with you about the announcer's voice. Thanks for the vid link, too.

Let's see...

Most of the other new moves have been confirmed word-of-mouth, but it's safe to say that none of the websites that have posted previews / interviews / gameplay would be intentionally leading us astray--especially when other websites could prove the liars wrong, thus discrediting their business.

Thanks for all the vid links!

More demo gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html

Something tells me Metaknight has a pretty good chance of being high tier. I've seen him win a lot of demos.
Yeah, he does look awesome from what I've seen.

All in all, I love how this game looks, but HATE Sakurai...for now...but I'll still kill you if you harm him, Repryx...

Fawriel

Smash Master
In that one video, Metaknight and Sonic ended up having a Sudden Death... MK managed to hit Sonic twice, and both times it barely did anything...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
err wasnt mario WEARING Luigi's colors? Is Luigi deconfirmed or was mario just wearing brown and green?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Let's see...

Those moves all look fantabulous! A lot of those moves I actually did see, but I guess I just dismissed them or overlooked them.

So Peach's FS is... she makes a border on the screen, and everyone gets bored because she's not actually doing anything cool, and they all fall asleep, and then pink apples appear next the them?
Yea, I still don't like Peach yet.

And what about Ike's FS? I'm interested in seeing that one.

More demo gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/116759.html

Something tells me Metaknight has a pretty good chance of being high tier. I've seen him win a lot of demos.
Lolz. I'll bet I know why they need an extra two months: to fix the animations for characters who hit the screen. Look how Sonic bounces off the screen at the end of the match. Very lame, indeed.

(If Sonic gets spiked, he should pop up from the bottom of the screen and throw his arms and legs out and make an :O face like he does when he dies or "gets spiked" [pun] in his own games.)

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
In that one video, Metaknight and Sonic ended up having a Sudden Death... MK managed to hit Sonic twice, and both times it barely did anything...
So in other words, MK has a lot of damadge buiding attack, but only a few attack with any real knock back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom