• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightlea

Smash Cadet
I already squeed enough at Sonic at Japan Time. I'm done squeeing. XD

Still, those sound effects plus things like this:
were awesomesauce. They created a nice old-school/new school blend with the song.

I think it's really cool that they're adding sonic. But at the same time, I think it's gonna be a character with very few weaknesses (Cpt Falcon.) His speed will be overwhelming (probably the fastest in the game) and from the looks of the preview, his moves seem to combo very, very easily. I expect a lot of people to Noob it up with Sonic.
Despite all his obvious unfair advantages, it's friggen sweet that he's in the game. I hope he's somewhat nerfed, and that my assumptions are at least a little off.
Hmm... A lot of people have been mentioning that. Sonic does look cheap/powerful, but it could always be the computer being set to a low level, or whoever he was playing against giving him an advantage, or some other type of configuration, just to showcase his moves, you know. They never do show just how much damage his attacks do, for example. The same could be said about Snake, or other characters--after all, we still don't know just how exactly they're balancing the game. Though those demo first-impressions are looming near.

The way I see it, it would be great if Sonic and Mario were around the same level, ability-wise (each with their own strengths/weaknesses of course, but neither really considerably overpowering the other), if only for the inevitable millions of Sonic vs Mario matches to be 'fair'. Or more fun. Or something. But, well, that's just an opinion. :p

On an unrelated note, I squealed upon hearing Lucas' voice. X333 /shameless fangirl

Fawriel

Smash Master
^^^
Despite having no projectiles, no pillar combo, great running speed and not very fast fall-speed?

jb254

Smash Apprentice
@ Jb254 No its the Sonic adventure two voice
The actor who does the voice for the Sonic games is Jason Anthony Griffith, who also does the voice for the anime Sonic X.

Edit:

I just realized there was a previous actor. But Jason is the voice for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. I doubt they will use to different actors.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
The Sonic Adventure voice wasn't present for the anime. They figured they go with a new voice... then that new voice was used for the remaining games.

And wasn't the person who did Sonic's voice in Adventure (2) Ryan Drummond?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm sorry, but I hate Sonic with a passion. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's in, but I'm scared of hedgehogs. I'm Zelda. OH NOES!

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
The actor who does the voice for the Sonic games is Jason Anthony Griffith, who also does the voice for the anime Sonic X.

Edit:

I just realized there was a previous actor. But Jason is the voice for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. I doubt they will use to different actors.
MaSatOG is being developed by a hidden company under the ruse of Sonic Team, do you really thing a guy is going to be making two game, one of them a blockbuster super title?

SEGA even said they have no more reason to use Jason because Sonic X was over.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
oh....no wonder i couldnt get on the internet this morning, my internet wasnt fast enought to keep up with sonic's arrival.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Also thanks to sonic, my clearing up of the misunderstanding of the e for all thing is a couple pages back so here it is again so that no one still doesnt understand what i meant

E for all was the replacement for E3 its happening on oct 18-21. >.<
im not talking about the rating lol shouldve been more clear sorry.

wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_for_all

for the source:

http://www.siliconera.com/2007/10/09...layable-brawl/

2nd source: http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/10/...-at-e-for-all/

Btw i suspected Sonic to appear on the dojo before E for all, so i was right. I reasoned that they would want to showcase as much good stuff in the weeks before E for all to raise more interest in SSBB.
Also i just realized sonic's got good grab range.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
I havent said anything about sonic after his announcement so...

Yessss! Sonic in brawlllll! yeahhhhh!

Now that thats out of the way im not so sure that i like his new look. Its looks very comical

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Oh god so much stuff is happening in the conference vid. Time to watch it multiple times.
1. Peach has different peach bomber.
2.Meta Knight's uber move, quick, great distance, 28 dmg to kirby, leads to combo.
3.Meta's shield dodge.(?)
4. Touching the smash orb instantly activates it and might cause you to die even if you jumped down to grab it.( the clip of fox grabbing it and the landmaster tank are possibly different becuase DK's dmg changed from 53-37)
5.Snorlax is HUGE!!!
6.Mario is vs Petey instead of expected Kirby.
7.mario's cape.
8. lots of new taunts.
9. Lucas's voice and one of his moves.

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
in the conference video, on the part showin donkey kong shootin threw the barrels u can see wat appears to be none other then Sonic's sidekick Tails trailing behind him. Can this be a possible new character?

~TILT~

Smash Journeyman
parakoopas have red shells and i didnt see any hint of red there, it looks like tails, but i think it might just be a koopa,

i dont know, im confused now

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
parakoopas have red shells and i didnt see any hint of red there, it looks like tails, but i think it might just be a koopa,

i dont know, im confused now
When you pause it at the right time, you can clearly see that it's a Parakoopa. Besides, Parakoopas can have all kinds of colored shells. Just because the Parakoopas from Melee and Mario Kart Double Dash had red shells doesn't mean that all have.

Besides, I absolutely love the inclusion of level objects like cannon barrels from DKC in Brawl. Maybe there are also pipes from Mario and Warp Stars that transport you instead of attacking your enemy.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
And what does plairrnk say?
"people who spam the word "johns" are idiots, just fyi." ~ Plairnkk (the person who pretty much invented "johns", and never called them that)

Hey... stop making fun of my "e-reptile disk-funk-shuns".

{speculate--speculate--speculate}

That was fun!
:p
XD

Preach it.

Very happy indeed.
Lol. Well really, I'm not sure there's anyone else out there who's had the same experiences with "Poke'lovers" that I've had...it changes a person. PokeHate FTW! ^^

Yes, Sonic is a lovely addition, but we all knew he was coming. Granted we couldn't see him coming as none of us expected him quite this early, but he came nonetheless and it was expected.

I saw it and I was so excited, I just knew somewhere, Dyce was shedding tears of joy.
I'd drink to that.

1) I'm so sorry! I got your IM after you had signed off. :ohwell: We'll talk later.

6) :laugh: I love Peach!

When CF asks if you've "got a little Captain in you", he means it in the most literal sense.
You two...talk?

Yes, we know.

LMAO. Brilliant.

Also, I'm going to assume that all of those 'taunt' looking things will be victory animations.
Victory dances on the field-o'-battle FTW!
That's what I was thinking as well.

There's 3 victory poses for each character...and four directions on the d-pad...and one taunt for each character. (Mention Falcon or Pichu and I KILL you. ;) ) That said, why not make upTaunt the normal in-game taunt, and just set each other direction to one of that character's victory dances? That'd make for some interesting taunting, especially for the few characters who's taunts look like they should do damage.

At the begining of it Metaknight did over 30% to kirby with one Side-b.... And it didn't seem to have any visable disadvantage.... Am I wrong to fear this?
Well...yes, that is a lot of damage. Maybe Kirby didn't DI at all? That attack probably has very low priority. Don't worry, I'm sure that the move does so much damage for a reason. Maybe last minute balancing? Some of us *ahem* had predicted a low tiered status for MK, maybe the devs are correcting this small problem.

And did anyone notice how far Fox's fB launched him on the Bridge of Eldin? Nasty. I'm scared for Falco... but actually, I've already found my main today so I'm good. :chuckle:
Yes, I noticed that as well. Whoever it was that showed up here a couple weeks ago with that crazy "discovery" of a nerfed illusion...I wish that person were still here.

Why are you scared for Falco, exactly?

I'm sorry, but I hate Sonic with a passion. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's in, but I'm scared of hedgehogs. I'm Zelda. OH NOES!
D:

H...h-...hate? Sonic? Is it possible for those words to be used together in a sentence like that? ((Any guesses?))

Lol, don't worry. 1 heel to get him out of his groove, 2 to get him airborn, and a third to edgeguard. You've just rubbed out a hedgehog. Congradulations. What was your initial reaction?

oh....no wonder i couldnt get on the internet this morning, my internet wasnt fast enought to keep up with sonic's arrival.
Lol. I thought not.

Also i just realized sonic's got good grab range.
Oh crap, you're right! That is some good grab range Sonic's got goin' on there. Hm...

Its looks very comical
That comical look is GOOD though, it brings out the cartoony fighting nature of Smash that characters like Snake and Ike threaten to destroy.

It's a Parakoopa.
Sure? Either way, I'm fairly confident that it wasn't Dixie.

Some things I noticed from the videos:

1) Mario puts up his guard to defend against Torchick, but his bubble-shield isn't visible. Are there two different types of shielding? Maybe the Z-shield doesn't have a bubble anymore?
2) When Sonic jumps, a spring appears underneath his feet to give him CRAZY jumping power. Check the fight on Skyworld for evidence of this, he does it again on the Delfino Plaza level later on. What's interesting to me is that I'd have expected this jump as an upB recovery move, but he seems to use it as a FIRST JUMP! Holy cow, and you thought Falco had some intense aerial presence...I wonder if other characters can use the spring in the half-second before it disappears...probably not.
3) Peach's bomber now does 16 damage, which I believe is an upgrade from Melee. Maybe attacks do a bit more damage this time around?
4) Link's upB sounds cool, and it performs the same as it did in Melee with what looks to be the same jump height. Wonder if that move was charged before hand...doubt it.
5) FLUDD looks more useless now than it did a couple updates ago. Maybe an extreme lack of range is the balancing method for it?
6) Fox does a speedy jump to avoid Zamus' stun gun, which appears to have quite a bit of range AND much more lag than Mewtwo's glare ever did. Move effectively balanced.
7) DK's Uair is the same. W00t!
8) Yoshi's Firey Dragon thingy does roughly 200% damage! Wow! I'm guessing it's not an effective killing move.
9) In Smashville, Link does his Utilt to Mario who slides roughly...well 2 of Link's Melee grab ranges away while standing. Confused much? Also, Samus got attacked by a background character on that stage. Lame.
10) The raised platform on Smashville slides back and forth...that's interesting.
11) Super Sonic. 'Nuf said.

D'OH!

Nevermind. Here used to lie a bunch of junk about how I wanted my thousandth to be when Dark Samus was announced, but seeing how I didn't realize I'm now at 1,001 posts, that's kinda...well I'm an idiot. Forget anything else was ever here.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Yes, I noticed that as well. Whoever it was that showed up here a couple weeks ago with that crazy "discovery" of a nerfed illusion...I wish that person were still here.

Why are you scared for Falco, exactly?
Yes, I'd like to see them as well. I knew they had to be way off.

And I'm scared for Falco because I fear that if he does make it back, he will play a totally different style and I won't be able to **** with him as easily.

EDIT:
P.S.- I'm still geeking out about Sonic over here! :chuckle::rotfl::chuckle:

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i've noticed on several accounts that there has been shield-like dodges/blocks where the shield doesnt show

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the shielding, attack damage, etc. all seem to be redone alot, hopefully on the 18th we'll get some solid info about all this assuming

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
man i wonder what sonics final smash will be, maybe all the chaos emeralds fly to him and he goes super sonic, that would be so cool.

I also cant wait to see what his story line with browl will be.

does this mean Dr. Eggman/Robotnic is the leader of the subspace army, it would make sence.

anyway, i think if they were going to stick another sonic character in, it would be tails or shadow, tails is more likely, but shadow would be more cooler because his final smash would be chaos blast.

man i am a geek, when i say the update, i had a river a S. coming out of my @$$

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
man i wonder what sonics final smash will be, maybe all the chaos emeralds fly to him and he goes super sonic, that would be so cool.

does this mean Dr. Eggman/Robotnic is the leader of the subspace army, it would make sence.

anyway, i think if they were going to stick another sonic character in, it would be tails or shadow, tails is more likely, but shadow would be more cooler because his final smash would be chaos blast.

If I to pick another character from the sonic universe, Id pick Knuckles over anyone else......*** shadow and tails

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
2) When Sonic jumps, a spring appears underneath his feet to give him CRAZY jumping power. Check the fight on Skyworld for evidence of this, he does it again on the Delfino Plaza level later on. What's interesting to me is that I'd have expected this jump as an upB recovery move, but he seems to use it as a FIRST JUMP! Holy cow, and you thought Falco had some intense aerial presence...I wonder if other characters can use the spring in the half-second before it disappears...probably not.
(*I missed this, thought I'd comment on it.)

You know, at first I thought you just didn't know what you were talking about. We've seen Sonic jump in this trailer plenty of times. That spring is just his uB.

But after watching the trailer for the twenty-some-oddth time... I'm not so sure of myself anymore.

It's very possible that Sonic's ground jump is a spring. Any time we've seen him use it was off the ground. And after every time he's used it he's able to attack.

But then there's something that confuses me MORE. There is a time when Sonic springs out of a spin-dash, and two times when he doesn't. Do you suppose they added a bit of uncontrability to Sonic to balance him? He looks very dominant right now, with his crazy combos and a bAir with heavy knockback. So what if they gave him a jump that can spontaneously spring him higher than he wants to, just so he can't combo as easily as he should be able to under normal circumstances? From the looks of it he's got great ground AND air control, so comboing with him would be very easy. Maybe the spring is the thing that can help fit Sonic into the Smash Universe without breaking him like they did with Fox.

And one more speculation: Sometimes when Sonic spin-dashes into his opponents it knocks them straight back on their arses, and other times it knocks them into the air. How do you choose which type of knockback you want?

P.S.- Still SO STOKED on Sonic!!! ZOMG HE'S REALLY HERE!!! {<Do-do-do> Live and leeeeearn!}

GenG

Smash Lord
I noticed Ike has a different voice in each version. It's subtle but noticeable. I expect the english dubber not to suck as much he did in Path of Radiance.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master

1) Duh, of course. (Look at his eyes in the trailer right before the Chaos Emeralds shoot into him... firey orange.)

2) Me neither.

3) No, not the leader, but definitely (or at least hopefully) a boss.

4) Shadow and Silver should be alt skins for Sonic. Right now Tails and Knuckles for AT, and Knuckles for SSB4.

5) Ewww... I only peed myself. You're gross. ;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
And one more speculation: Sometimes when Sonic spin-dashes into his opponents it knocks them straight back on their arses, and other times it knocks them into the air. How do you choose which type of knockback you want?
Well, that one's easy to answer. They are different moves. It's only natural for him to have several moves that involve curling up in a ball and spinning all over the place.
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that's all that his b-moves did. Predictability is a weakness, too. :p

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Well, that one's easy to answer. They are different moves. It's only natural for him to have several moves that involve curling up in a ball and spinning all over the place.
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that's all that his b-moves did. Predictability is a weakness, too. :p
Becomeing a Buzz Saw is a weakness... yes, becouse when you fighting a hedgehog, that is it becomes a giant spinning blade of DEATH... :urg:

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
My husband Buzz would be a good Sonic, considering his whole nickname and what he's known for is "The Buzz Saw" Unfortunately, he doesn't care for Sonic as much. :(

jb254

Smash Apprentice
MaSatOG is being developed by a hidden company under the ruse of Sonic Team, do you really think a guy is going to be making two game, one of them a blockbuster super title?
Yes. If we can put a man on the moon, we can get a guy to record his voice for two separate games. I know with current technology it's going to be a challenge, but with god on their side, I believe it can be done.

Anyway, someone else was wondering what Sonic's UpB is going to be. If you look at his video and pause it at the right moment, you can see he creates a springboard that propels him into the air.

Someone else wondered why one spin attack sent Mario flying backwards, and another sent him flying in the air. I believe the one that sent him backwards was a forward throw attack by Sonic, judging by the way Sonic is moving, while the attack that sent Mario flying in the air a special attack.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Dyce? Have I done Wrong??? 2day a kid said "what if it were April 1st in Japan and Sonic was a Joke" All I remember is saying Blasphemy...and when I came to his disembodied head was in my hands....have I done wrong???

BTW Im STILL Peeing 4 Sonic

LIVE AND LEARN! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! and with the music feature WOOT What if they have like Emerald hill as a song???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom