• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Which is why your post failed that has been joked about and milked for what its worth

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So I've been playing TLOZ:pH since Friday... I can't STOP! It's amazing! I will be so upset if CSLink doesn't make the cut as a playable character.

@Dynamism:
I know exactly what you're talking about with SF64. If you save Falco, he lives to discover the waterfall secret. If you shoot all the switches for the train tracks while in the landmaster, you get to bypass the boss. If you choose not to "do a barrel roll" when Peppy commands you to, god punches a baby angel.

EDIT:
And the map reminds me of a cross between SF64 and SC3.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I'm a nintendo fanboy too, but if you want to get into semantics, you can rest your head on "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes", which was released for the NGC a while back. Top quality. Y Link underestimated, on the flipside, couldn't this also mean there is a chance that he could be an AT himself? Perhaps he would preform an action like those from the games.
maybe there's a chance: but like less than 10 IMO. He's a vet, the icon theory backs him up along with the Excite Bike and Lakitu ATs being 2D, he's a classic (which Sakurai likes), basically he's confirmed. i really dont think it raises chances at all for him being an AT tho. and i was just saying GnW's chances got even higher for those non-believers out there...

for the dude who was saying Snake was too much for Brawl: the guy already said that Metal Gear's days started on the NES so i need not say much on that now but, dude that's like saying Sonic shouldn't be in Brawl, along with Megaman...but i understand the Nintendo fanboy thing so yea...
So I've been playing TLOZ:pH since Friday... I can't STOP! It's amazing! I will be so upset if CSLink doesn't make the cut as a playable character.
d*** u people with the DS's and Wii's and whatnot XD i wanna play it now that my friend has it...

CS Link 4 Brawl

Edit: whoo Zamus' Specials! i always thought shed be using the Plasma Whip in her Standard Attacks...unless the <>B is similar the Sheik's Chain in Melee...whats this? no vB? (i hate it when Sakurai doesnt show all the moves! well at least it gets u thinking...) thats a DSmash i see (which looks similar to Mew2's DSmash). really wonder what it is...i havent played Zero Mission so i dont really have a clue to what it'll be...

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Nice move, the Plasma Whip, even got a tipper :p...
And about the Paralyzer, IF it's as effective as Mewto's Stare, it sucks...but it'll be fine, I trust Sakurai to make right decissions...
Plasma Wire is cool, original move

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Lol, yeah but why start at Skyworld?
I have a theory that everything in the Arena will be prologue. It looks like Pit will be the first story ("Pit's Descent"), and after that point on, depending what you do, you can alter the course of your adventure.

And to answer your question of: "why?", I'm going to have to say: "why the hell not?"

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, I think that Mario will be the first character and Pit will be the first partner. Considering that Pit comes flying from the heavens and that Mario was blasted off into the sky by Petey, I'd assume that their rendezvous turns out slightly painful.
Although, Kirby vs. Petey might as well be the first fight, too. But having Mario first just makes the most sense.

TheLivingJohn

Smash Rookie
Finally, some retribution!

Wario is finally in Smash. It took them long enough. Whats nintendo's john "we forgot to put him in because we were thinking about pokemon" or "we didn't do it because he is not as cool as Mario." There is no john that can make up for it, but it is refreshing to know he will be in the new game, in all his glory. Now I can have my revenge on Mario for taking Wario's colors; its time for some payback

And no, that does not include the Doc, he's cool.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think that all the characters story modes will tie into one solution. Like Sonic DX (or any other game like that).
I believe it too. If they are doing the party system, I bet one player/co-op will be based off of your decisions, and not who you play with like previously played in adventure.

Wario is finally in Smash. It took them long enough. Whats nintendo's john "we forgot to put him in because we were thinking about pokemon" or "we didn't do it because he is not as cool as Mario." There is no john that can make up for it, but it is refreshing to know he will be in the new game, in all his glory. Now I can have my revenge on Mario for taking Wario's colors; its time for some payback

And no, that does not include the Doc, he's cool.

I don't think those were exactly the reasons he wasn't in melee, and in that case johns are excuses, but mostly for losing. you overuse john.

TheLivingJohn

Smash Rookie
Overuse, huh? Well just look at the name and that tells you everything. By the way, what would be the reason why they didn't put him in, they sure put enough pokemon in it!

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Even though the lyrics don't really rhyme, I like the Ashley song.

But I already see it: This will be the point where all kinds of people start to say: 'Oh, Ahley's song! She will probably be a playable character in Brawl!'

Well, I don't think so. I think it's just going to be one of several WarioWare songs in the game.

TheLivingJohn

Smash Rookie
I heard it but I like Wario when he was by himself (Wario Land) not with all the minigames and characters. But at least he is there, even if it is not in his classic attire.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I like Wario all around too. He has near the most personality of all the characters. His games for the handhelds, appearances in sports games(STRIKERS!), and especially wario ware. Wario ware is definitely the best game i've ever bought, that i wish i had jsut rented though. And I've been itching to play master of disguise, so I'm with you in saying I'm excited about his inclusion. Waluigi would be significantly less exciting, because people forget, that Wario has been around much longer, and that honestly, Waluigi doesn't have alot going for him move set wise. The only personalized stuff I've seen is in Strikers his megastrike and special ability use thorns and some wierd whip. I jsut don't see that as being a viable option.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
But I already see it: This will be the point where all kinds of people start to say: 'Oh, Ahley's song! She will probably be a playable character in Brawl!'
I think I vaguely remember a similar situation where another Nintendo character got its name on the title of a song and people freaked out.

If only I could remember who the name of that big purple lizard... no, I don't think it was Barney...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Except that said purple lizard actually needs to be in the game.

Now, everyone who listened to the Japanese version of Ashley's song at least 30 times, raise your hands.

*raises hand*

...*waits*

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@Fawriel:
{*raises hand at half-mast*} (I only listened to it about 4 or 5 times.

And yes, Ridley does need to be in Brawl in some manner (preferably as a PC). But what I'm saying is that just because a song is in doesn't mean the character named in the title is in, but it does make it more fun to speculate. ;)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
i got sigged 3 times
Congradulations.

^^^^
That's on my "Most Wanted Updates" list.

If Sakurai says he's going to change Bowser then I want to see how.
I've been dying to know how Bowser's been BAMFed. His moveset probably won't be changed much at all, but with the new heavy armor and possible hitbox adjustments he'll probably turn out well in the end.

Dangit Rhyme, you discovered my only weakness (besides death); math. I'll just have to trust that you're right on that. And that you will never take advantage of previously mentioned weakness. That's going to come back and bite me in the *** isn't it?
1) I'll continue calling you The rAt. It's how I've always known and loved you.
2) I agree. Making so many secret characters to unlock does take a bit of the excitement out of unlocking them. However, now we won't know when to expect somebody new so it could still be exciting.
3) Why wouldn't the Subspace Emisary(Adventure Mode) roster be reflective of the Multiplayer roster?

Lol, I didn't realize an accomplished linguist such as yourself had difficulty with math. :dizzy: My bad. And don't worry, at the risk of maintaining my current status among the Doominators I shall refrain from taking advantage of any previously mentioned weaknesses. Or at least the ones I can remember. ^^

A royal rumble type of Brawl. Like time and stock, not special. Every time you're stocked in the SE, you change characters for your next stock. I want an option like this in vs. 1 v 1 battles, 3 char, 3 stock per char. I don't see why they wouldn't have it now that it happens in Single player.
That sounds a bit like Twisted Metal Black's 1P mode. Each player could pick a certain number of different characters to play in order until one of the two ran out of characters, OR both players could play with the same list of characters where players alternated picks to create the list. I like that idea very much; it'd be great to add into Brawl's multiplayer. Even though it'd never be used at tournaments, it would make for some nice friendlies.

Nice move, the Plasma Whip, even got a tipper :p...
And about the Paralyzer, IF it's as effective as Mewto's Stare, it sucks...but it'll be fine, I trust Sakurai to make right decissions...
Plasma Wire is cool, original move
Plasma Whip tipper = death

What do you mean "if" it's as effective as Mewtwo's stare. Not only do pictures of this attack indicate that it's got at least as much range, because it's a "physical" jolt of energy I'll go ahead and hypothesize that you don't even need to be facing your opponent to be affected by this nasty move.

And to answer your question of: "why?", I'm going to have to say: "why the hell not?"
:chuckle::chuckle:

You're correct: having this battle as a prologue...or possibly a skip-able training mode for single player/cooperative play would be great.

you overuse john.
Yes that person does, and there's absolutely NO excuse for overusing that term. Hey, anyone else here happen to know what Plairnkk has to say about people who use that word? XD

what's with PokeHate?
I'm not sure. =/

Ever known someone who had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much PokeLove? It makes you appreciate the PokeHate.

Even though the lyrics don't really rhyme
How did I know that people would say this about Ridley? -sigh-

It probably rhymed in the Japanese version of the song, but stuff like literature rarely can be translated while maintaining the work's previous rhyme-scheme.

X-x-Dyce-x-X;3020062 [I said:
{*raises hand at half-mast*}[/I]

but it does make it more fun to speculate. ;)
Heh...Dyce is at half-mast. -giggle-

Always fun to speculate, always.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
i like the Japanese version of Ashley's song better. Grrr still waiting for Ganon update, oh well while i wait ill play Shattered Blade. Also Brawl is playable at E For All (which is the replacement for E3 to be clear that im not talking about the ESRB rating)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Is shattered blade out already?! That really crept up on me. I'll have to get it..

And what does plairrnk say?

And bowser has been my secondary for a while, behind falcon, and both of them are my most anticipated updated. I've been satisfied with newcomers, I'm jsut interested in bowsers special moves, and getting the smashworlds chuck norris back.

Repryx

Smash Champion
BRawl is Rated E even though there is that Scene w/ Mario Zelda and Peach???

But Honestly How can the Game be Rated E w/ SNAKE in it???

OBJECTION!!!!

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Unless Nintendo does some funky last minute change, Smash is currently E for Everyone since it's playable at E for All. I wouldn't be surprised if they're claiming it E for now just to make it playable so they can determine what they should make it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Unless Nintendo does some funky last minute change, Smash is currently E for Everyone since it's playable at E for All. I wouldn't be surprised if they're claiming it E for now just to make it playable so they can determine what they should make it.
No fighting game should be rated E, people wont look at this game being sweet if there is little fighting action in this game, melee proved that over the first smash bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom