• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
I dunno about you but Tifa was way Sexier than Aeris...which is why Aeris must Die....(Dyce's plan begins) lolz

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Why hide something so obvious? 'Cause I can. ^^

Aeris: :urg:...

:urg::urg::urg:...

Do you have ANY idea how bad that is? I must have spent...I don't even know how long checking and re-checking that post to make sure I didn't misspell anything, lest I suffer this horribly humiliating fate. I KNEW I would mess up somewhere. Such is Murphy's Law.

:urg:

roy_owns: IC's FS is pretty low priority as far as I'm concerned.

Dyce: Heh, don't expect too much out of me. I'm not Aeris, after all.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Yes, how 'bout that Paper Mario, indeed. I could go for a dose of that.

WGWOLVERINE: I don't know who said something about Yoshi airdodging, but so far we've seen Yoshi and Pikachu doing it, and now Mario for sure.

I had an interesting moment with this picture. See, I've been checking the Japanese updates before the English ones each day because the pictures are sometimes different. In this way, I get to absorb the amazingness of each piccie and then see what the heck Mr. Sakurai is talking about. However, upon seeing this picture and crazy Japanese lettering, I had the most epic momentary realization of "Hadouden FTW!11!1!" evah. :chuckle:

Anyway, looks interesting. After seeing the Fox's FS, I say we stop trying to second guess Mr. Sakurai and just let him do his thing; he seems to be doing it quite well.

One final note: "Yeah. It’s cool. My heart’s aflutter." Indeed. My heart would be "a-flutter" too if Falco came fluttering in tomorrow. XD As long as we get Krystal.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris: :urg:...

:urg::urg::urg:...

Do you have ANY idea how bad that is? I must have spent...I don't even know how long checking and re-checking that post to make sure I didn't misspell anything, lest I suffer this horribly humiliating fate. I KNEW I would mess up somewhere. Such is Murphy's Law.

:urg:
Not to patronize you, but it's really a common misspelling; I've seen a number of people on the boards use it. So, disheartening as it may be, at least know that the mistake is not just your own. Others must share your burden. ;)

Yayyy, the Shielding / Dodging update! The only other "technique" left is Crawling, so that's nice. And because I couldn't care less about Fox, I couldn't care less about his FS...but at least we got it out of the way! That makes the total number of "completely updated" characters a whopping 6: 3 newcomers (Pit, PT, Diddy), 3 veterans (Mario, Link, Fox).

Double update tomorrow: Lucas SM and Ness! :chuckle:

(I'm still holding out for IMESCA!)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
We need Kirby's Final Smash. Why is he holding it up? But it's Friday tomarrow, so I'm hearing three things right now

1. A digitalized bell
2.A man repeatedly saying "Show ya moves"
3.The flapping of a Falcons wings

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I called that Thursday would be a "You need to shield!" update. Props to me.
I think it was this thread, maybe not, but Rhyme I know you commented on that.

And about today's update:

1) Odd how they didn't mention anything about air-dodging, though they did mention spot and side dodging. Maybe they're saving air-doding for another update... to possibly couple it with a certain high-level skill?

2) Landmaster Tank... gotta say I didn't see that coming, but it makes sense. The Starfox Team wouldn't be able to be called in for an aerial assault on just every level. Take the WarioWare stage for example: it's indoors!
Fox: "Peppy! Get in here! I need help!"
Peppy: "You got it Fox!... What the-- OH NO! A WALL!"
Fox: "PEPPY!?"
Peppy: {BLAM!} {static}

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
We need Kirby's Final Smash. Why is he holding it up? But it's Friday tomarrow, so I'm hearing three things right now

1. A digitalized bell
2.A man repeatedly saying "Show ya moves"
3.The flapping of a Falcons wings
Neither the first nor third are likely. The second is possible, but I think that if we get a veteran tomorrow, it will have to be Ness. (Then again, the ZSS issue didn't get cleared up immediately--and still hasn't been, really.)

Agreed about Kirby's FS, though. It's the only one that we've actually seen but hasn't received an update. Strange...

And about today's update:

1) Odd how they didn't mention anything about air-dodging, though they did mention spot and side dodging. Maybe they're saving air-doding for another update... to possibly couple it with a certain high-level skill?

2) Landmaster Tank... gotta say I didn't see that coming, but it makes sense. The Starfox Team wouldn't be able to be called in for an aerial assault on just every level. Take the WarioWare stage for example: it's indoors!
Dyce is psychic ZOMG! ;) Good call, though!

I figure that they didn't mention air-dodging because they haven't technically "shown" air-dodging yet. The "Snake Joins the Brawl!" video shows both Snake AND Mario shielding, so it sort of necessitated an update (much like how the small clip of DK that we saw at E3 '07 necessitated his character profile the next day).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't really believe in hiding what I truly am: extraordinarily friendly.
And dude, Rhyme, "butt sex"? C'mon, no homo buddy. ;)

EDIT:
And someone said a while back that the ICs should freeze their enemy in a big block of ice, and then hack away at them with their hammers. IMO, that's awesome. I'd really like to see that.
Isn't there a glitch you can do with the IC's in melee that freezes them like that? Sans big iceblock, but all the same. It would be cool if they made that and the wobble actual moves lol.

IC's should be more broken XD

Mauricio5555

Smash Rookie
Crazyness

All this is Crazyness

I just be waiting for Ness comeback
And where is Captain Falcon

One question
You guys think or believe what appear Sonic in Brawl??

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Ahh Mauricio, welcome to the boards, and while there is evidence that would support him having a chance, Sakurai is the Master of Mindgames, and therefore, it is impossible to say whether or not he will be in. In my oppinion, it is a distinct possibility. And as for Ness and C Falc, I feel you man, I really do. I'm anxiously awaiting both, and praying "Zero suit Ness/Lucas" isn't only here to replace him.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I bet the next one to be confirmed will be a vet. either Luigi Or Ganondorf is next, i Know it.

Rhyme

Smash Lord

Haha, yes, you called it. I'm moderately surprised to have gotten the "You must Shield" update, but nonetheless, we would have gotten it soon enough anyway. And yes, I did comment on that.

Well, actually, there was mention. Remember, Mr. Sakurai is the master of mindgames. "Use these moves as much as you can even before you get used to them. Sometimes things become clearer that way." He's provoking us into discovering new ways of dodging and using this shield. Weren't things clear once people started messing around with new ways of dodging attacks? *cough*wavedashing*cough* ^^

LMAO. I'd love SO much for that to happen. Error number 202; your head land-operations pilot has crashed into a wall.

Repryx

Smash Champion
YOU CANT DO THAT!!! I NEED IT FOR MY SHUN GOKU SATSU

Hereby anyone who removes the weak punch from street fighter shall be attacked by the Farmer w/ shotgun

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I could see it now. "Everytime you try and airdodge diagonally towards the ground, Peppy will yell 'DO A BARREL ROLL!' and instead of wave dashing, you'll do a quick barrel roll to avoid attacks!"

Barrel Roll>WD

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I could see it now. "Everytime you try and airdodge diagonally towards the ground, Peppy will yell 'DO A BARREL ROLL!' and instead of wave dashing, you'll do a quick barrel roll to avoid attacks!"

Barrel Roll>WD

lol "Do A Berral Role"

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Repryx: ._o

Dynamism: :laugh:

Seriously though, taking out wavedashing for Brawl would be like...removing the weak punch in Street Fighter.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with wavedashing. I'd rather play the game the developers always intended it to be played than cheating with a glitch. I wouldn't give a crap if it didn't return, simply, because it's stupid.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Wait a minute, since when is WD is cheating? How is it stupid?

It's a glitch and that's that, players have just found a way to implement it into a technique that can be combined with other moves. The devs wanted physics in the game, thus they added traction. Oh but wait, they varied the traction among the characters. So physics + traction + air dodge to the ground = sliding motion a.k.a. wavedash. Unintended? Sure. A glitch? Yes. Stupid? Not so much, if it came from that logic and the fact that it has become a staple for advanced players.

Edit: oh but with that said, I don't care if it came back or not either... :p

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
whoo! finally logged on!
well just have to say this about the updates so far:
dude Snake stage...raises chances for Sonic and Megaman getting a stage! XD
Lucas: whoa. he looks different from Ness (i mean by moves) only judging from the pics i see, so i still think Ness will make a comeback (he is a veteran...but then again there's Pichu (mindgamed))
Fox's FS is awesome! :)
Shields look cool, but what's this i see? Dodging and Rolling! whoo more chances for the comeback of Wavedashing! (and i know that it isnt Air-Dodging, but i already see Mario doing that)

yup alls i got to say bout them (even tho they might have all been said by others, but w/e) on to the Wind Waker Link thread!

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon: Show Yo Moves!! I'll race ya!!!
Fox: ....
Fox: *Arwing U-turns in the air through the finish line 6 times for 3 laps and wins*
Captain Falcon should return anytime soon.. he might be a secret character again... who knows..
"Will he surpass Ness?" A Sakurai Clue: Ness might still fight!!!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
YOU CANT DO THAT!!! I NEED IT FOR MY SHUN GOKU SATSU

Hereby anyone who removes the weak punch from street fighter shall be attacked by the Farmer w/ shotgun
Thankies for the support. THIS is the kind of reaction I expect.

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with wavedashing. I'd rather play the game the developers always intended it to be played than cheating with a glitch. I wouldn't give a crap if it didn't return, simply, because it's stupid.
Wavedashing isn't stupid, and it's not a glitch. Developers didn't mean for the game to be played in any specific way; they intentionally designed a game which could be played in many different ways because they knew that there are all sorts of people out there. Wavedashing adds that little extra competitive edge and that's why it survives in gameplay today. If you don't like it then don't use it, but don't hate on people who can use it and beat you.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
dude Snake stage...raises chances for Sonic and Megaman getting a stage! XD
heck yea!! Snake sure rised up our hopes for seeing a stage from each of them xD

Lucas: whoa. he looks different from Ness (i mean by moves) only judging from the pics i see, so i still think Ness will make a comeback (he is a veteran...but then again there's Pichu (mindgamed))
I believe the same, Ness should definetly come back the way he was in SSB64 and should definetly not be a clone with Lucas:)

Fox's FS is awesome! :)
I got one word: M1 Tank for Snake for Final Smash:laugh: but yea Fox's Landmaster looks awesome!

Shields look cool, but what's this i see? Dodging and Rolling! whoo more chances for the comeback of Wavedashing! (and i know that it isnt Air-Dodging, but i already see Mario doing that)
obviously dodging rolling are back, I just hope the devs decide to leave wavedashing and hope it's still around

yup alls i got to say bout them (even tho they might have all been said by others, but w/e) on to the Wind Waker Link thread!
We need to see WW Link already, I know you do;) and reason I say is because I saw an update containing a cell shaded trophy of Tingle so in my mind I am thinking WW Link is a very likely candidate for Brawl

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
heck yea!! Snake sure rised up our hopes for seeing a stage from each of them xD

I believe the same, Ness should definetly come back the way he was in SSB64 and should definetly not be a clone with Lucas:)

I got one word: M1 Tank for Snake for Final Smash:laugh: but yea Fox's Landmaster looks awesome!

obviously dodging rolling are back, I just hope the devs decide to leave wavedashing and hope it's still around

We need to see WW Link already, I know you do;) and reason I say is because I saw an update containing a cell shaded trophy of Tingle so in my mind I am thinking WW Link is a very likely candidate for Brawl
cool! glad u got same thoughts yo!
hecks yea! Tingle made me jump hahaha i hope other "Celda" pop out on updates just to say "Hey CS Link is in Brawl" hahaha; really hope he gets in.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
cool! glad u got same thoughts yo!
hecks yea! Tingle made me jump hahaha i hope other "Celda" pop out on updates just to say "Hey CS Link is in Brawl" hahaha; really hope he gets in.
yup, thoughts exactly (we think the same:)) but yea, we'll probably see CS Lik sometime soon, if not near release date

Sakaruai ows us two chars this week... C. Falcon
It would be cool to definetly see another charcter update this week, unlikely, but then again Sakurai is so unpredictable

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I personally don't care if WDing returns either. Imagine melee without it. If you ask me, that would be freakin awesome. Now wtf are we gonna do? That's a whole new perspective on competitive play. A great way to **** things up. I hope they imcorporate it as an angled spot-dodge, but I really don't mind it removed completely either. If it wasn't in melee, we wouldn't want it in Brawl. And I'm sure Brawl will have something else to expose the control of :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
So we're a little off topic. Who cares? We got this debated through deriving it from a conversation about Lucas. Plus, no evidence has yet been provided that says Ness is out. And with the return of Mr Saturn, it actually helps his case.
Mr. Saturn appear in MOTHER 3, too, so...kinda like with the Franklin Badge, he doesn't help much for either party.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well it looks like the predictions about starting out Brawl with only one or two characters and unlocking the rest through adventure mode (Subspace Emissary) are true. Who else said that? Rhyme? Aeris? Dyce? I remember discussing it with someone awhile back.

I have to say, I'm not a fan of that development. Something tells me it will take awhile to unlock my beloved Pikachu. And since virtually ALL the characters are unlockable, rather than starters, I feel like this could mean less characters are included overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom