• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
YAYYYYYY! I actually predicted this wonderful occurrence! Ahh, I now have another main: LUCAS! :grin:

Aeris. Happy birthday.

Fawriel. Happy first-day-of-University.

That was awesome.
I checked a bit after the usual time and was like, "come ooon, it should be Lucas now!", but there was nothing.
Then... yeah!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Okay, gotta go. Wish me luck, everyone!
Thanks, buddy! :grin: Best of luck on your first day! Let me know how it goes.

Alrighty, well I had plenty to say about being right about the IC's returning, and I'm sure I'll have plenty to say if/when we see G&W, Falco, and Olimar, so I guess this is my time to be humble.

I tip my hypothetical hat to the Lucas fans of the forums. I still hope and suspect we haven't seen the last of Ness, but for now, congrats on your character being in.

Also, I feel like I probably just lost a bet to Aeris. Hopefully he doesn't own my soul, now...

On a side note, I'm going to have to start trading friend codes pretty soon. So if anyone here gets a PM from me (Fawriel, Aeris, Rhyme, ect.), don't worry, there are no explosives contained. Though there may be explitives. But that's just because I'm such a **** of a guy.
Thanks! I'm very excited. :grin: I just hope that Lucas will lead to Claus's inclusion as well! (And no, silly, I don't own your soul--just your happiness). :chuckle:

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Huhh. Well... Man I'm speechless. I saw new character approaching, then scrolled dpwn and saw half the Earthbound symbol and knew it was Lucas

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^Want Assistance?
No thanks, I'm good. Maybe now I'll just wait for Brawl to come out so I can metaphorically "kill" Aeris via Wi-Fi. :rotfl:

To make this week perfect, we should get a "Special Moves: Lucas" update either tomorrow or Wednesday and Ness by Friday.
This way we can all have a merry "International Mother/Earthbound Smash Character Appreciation Week".
(or "IMESCA Week" for short) ;)

EDIT:
I'm kinda pushing this, but if I get my way then I expect some recognition of the holiday!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Considering how dead the "Aeris died" cliche already is, I'd say you're too late for that one, too.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hey Aeris, congrats! Now that your dream has come true and you can die happy, I can finally put into motion the plans that I have to assassinate you. :bigthumbu
I still need more time! I need Claus to fight alongside Lucas! I need to see Sukapon on the DOJO! I need to find out who they picked for the AC character! I'm too young to go!

:p

^^Want Assistance?
:mad:

No thanks, I'm good. Maybe now I'll just wait for Brawl to come out so I can metaphorically "kill" Aeris via Wi-Fi. :rotfl:

To make this week perfect, we should get a "Special Moves: Lucas" update either tomorrow or Wednesday and Ness by Friday.
This way we can all have a merry "International Mother/Earthbound Smash Character Appreciation Week".
(or "IMESCA Week" for short) ;)

EDIT:
I'm kinda pushing this, but if I get my way then I expect some recognition of the holiday!
Oh, we'll see, my friend. We'll see....

Really, though, I was thinking the EXACT same thing, just without a fancy acronym! We got Peach the Friday of the PT week; why not Ness the Friday of the Lucas week? And really, I'm dying to see what Special Moves they've adopted for Lucas. I really hope we see them this week! IMESCA Week FTW! :bigthumbu

I'm afraid someone was faster than you.
:laugh:

Very nice find! A terribly sad moment, but humorous in this context. So sad that she had to go...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I still need more time! I need Claus to fight alongside Lucas! I need to see Sukapon on the DOJO! I need to find out who they picked for the AC character! I'm too young to go!
Alright, alright! I'll let you live...
...for now...
:skull: {cynical laughter} :skull:

Oh, we'll see, my friend. We'll see....
Oh, yes. We will INDEED see...
:skull: {additional cynical laughter} :******:

(Dammit! Wrong face!)

Really, though, I was thinking the EXACT same thing, just without a fancy acronym! We got Peach the Friday of the PT week; why not Ness the Friday of the Lucas week? And really, I'm dying to see what Special Moves they've adopted for Lucas. I really hope we see them this week! IMESCA Week FTW! :bigthumbu
My point exactly. Why not make this week (at least prodominantly) Mother/Earthbound related? We already started on a good foot, so let's continue the trend to finish off any further speculation and doubt.

A terribly sad moment, but humorous in this context. So sad that she had to go...
And let me just say that it was such a ***** to have Aeris die after having trained her in litterally every main party concocted since the very start of the game.

The Age Old Question: "Why couldn't someone have just used a Phoenix Down on her?"

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I loved your cynical laughter. :chuckle:

My point exactly. Why not make this week (at least prodominantly) Mother/Earthbound related? We already started on a good foot, so let's continue the trend to finish off any further speculation and doubt.

And let me just say that it was such a ***** to have Aeris die after having trained her in litterally every main party concocted since the very start of the game.

The Age Old Question: "Why couldn't someone have just used a Phoenix Down on her?"
The fact that he mentioned Ness only fuels the fire. Those who believe Ness will stay cite that Sakurai mentioning Ness in the first place being a good sign; those who believe otherwise will instead note how Sakurai insinuated that Lucas would "surpass" Ness. Help us out, Sakurai-san!

And as far as the AOQ goes, Phoenix Downs work on a fainted party member. In battle, characters would faint--much like Pokémon--but could be revived with a Phoenix Down. Aeris, however, suffered a mortal wound, incurable with Phoenix Downs. :ohwell:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
And as far as the AOQ goes, Phoenix Downs work on a fainted party member. In battle, characters would faint--much like Pokémon--but could be revived with a Phoenix Down. Aeris, however, suffered a mortal wound, incurable with Phoenix Downs. :ohwell:
"Your party has fainted."
"GAME OVER"
:)... :ohwell:...

"Your party has been mortally wounded with a prison shank carved from a spoon."
"GAME OVER FOR EVERZ! FATALITY!"
:)... :ohwell:... :confused:... :(... !:cry:!

Isn't everyone glad we didn't cut a character last week :)

I was hoping for a double chars week and this may be teh start. I think I'll go dream about BF a little :)
Dream about a 'boyfriend'?

No thanks. I've already got one. ;)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
You chinky monkey Dyce. ;)

Balloon Fighter, just to clear that up. :urg:

I hope we get Lucas SM so we can finally see if he is indeed NESS! But Ness could then again be the one with the new MS. Oh my...gfs all week. ;)
Ohhh! Right, right... Balloon Fighter.
Well, anyway, I'll be praying for an "IMESCA Week" along with you.

And now I'm pretty sure you're talking about 'girlfriends all week'?
Just broke up with mine yesterday actually. (Which would explain the boyfriend. ;) )

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Ohhh! Right, right... Balloon Fighter.
Well, anyway, I'll be praying for an "IMESCA Week" along with you.

And now I'm pretty sure you're talking about 'girlfriends all week'?
Just broke up with mine yesterday actually. (Which would explain the boyfriend. ;) )
Hey there big boy...your smilies are so...big. I bet you could really make this IMESCA Week a week I'll never forget...

:laugh:

Repryx

Smash Champion
Lolz

PK BOOM
PK UPPERCUT
PK KNEE
PK CRUSHER
PK HIGH KICK
PKOUKEN
PK RYUKEN
PK DERRRKEN(DB Kick w/ Ryu)
PK ATOMIC BUSTER
PK GOKU SATSU

OK Im bored now...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
PK-ahboo!
Heh, Lucas is too cool. I'm so glad to see new characters from previously under represented series'.
And the moveset would clear up what we're all REALLY thinking.

Outside:Oh cool! A new character!
Inside: Hey, they mispelled "Ness"

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
PK-ahboo!
Heh, Lucas is too cool. I'm so glad to see new characters from previously under represented series'.
Yeah I dont like Lucas, I would rather have Claus or Balloon Fighter a representive from a "under represented" series.

Just imagine Ballon fighter in Brawl floating around with two red huge targets.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Dang. I thought PK ahboo would knockem dead. You know? Eh? eh? bah...no taste in here...

lol, but seriously. PK Kamehameha is pretty good.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
So does anyone want to fill me in on the controversy saying that in one of the past update picks, Yoshi airdodges? Has this been confirmed by anyone? I haven't checked it against any other pics/video we have, but that's an interesting developement.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I wonder whether the fighting in this little trailer will shut up some people who thing Brawl will be watered down and stuff... doesn't look any worse to me.

So...

Is that "kept you waiting" scene an in-game cutscene? Maybe part of Subspace Emissary?
It's pretty certain that Snake will be unlockable... maybe all unlockables will get something like this....
That would be beyond groovy. O_O

..or is that his personal entrance? Does that make sense? I never played MGS.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Snake Has The Neck Snap!!!!

EDIT: OMG That Fight Sequence had me on my Knees lolz This Game is gonna be tops

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Reflections on Today's (Awesome) Updates:

1) Snake AND Mario both use the new shield. It looks cooler than before, and it's just nice to actually see it return.
2) Snakes Down Special will be his cardboard box. I'm calling it.
3) What's with the aerial onslaught? It looks like Sakurai rotated the C-Stick around in the air. :chuckle:
4) Very nice touch that Wario can actually swallow Snake's grenade. My guess is that he can do the same with other items. ("No, Wario, don't swallow Mr. Saturn! NOOOOOO!!")
5) Yet another opportunity to reveal a LITTLE more about ZSS goes by unused. Sakurai is still very vague about her abilities. He either really likes her and wants to keep all of her exciting moves under wraps for as long as possible, or really hates her and doesn't want to say much about her because he is so ashamed for including her in the first place. :/
6) Neck snap FTW.
7) I should have mentioned this right after #4, but Wario's bite will be his Standard Special Move. Will the garlic act as some kind of poison, slowing down opponents or sapping their health? I'm intrigued.
8) I wish all characters would get a video/videos like this! Or at least the newcomers.
9) Will the searchlight do anything besides make MGS fans chuckle? I haven't played the series (sadly!), so I dunno what happens after the "!" appears. Sakurai made no mention of it except that it would appear.
10) This is shaping up to be the best week so far. New stage, new character, and FOUR videos, one of which is the first character introduction that we've seen--and a great one, at that.

Tomorrow: Lucas' Special Moves! Please? :bigthumbu

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
As for Wario's (now obvious) nB move, "Wario Chomp" or "Wario Bite" or "Wario Munch", I assume it has some properties similar to fire damage, except instead of fire it damages with stinky-garlic-breath-poison. And I like the idea of Wario being able to eat projectiles. I'm thinking that ability might not only be an attack, but an absorbtion move that could help accelerate the build-up of the "Wario Waft".

EDIT:
And I'm still praying for the continuation of "IMESCA Week".
Aeris, we need some "Special Moves: Lucas" and "Ness" action for this week to be perfect.
Honestly, if I can at least get those two updates this week, the 5th outlying update could be anything. Even a "You must shield!" update would be fine.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
As for Wario's (now obvious) nB move, "Wario Chomp" or "Wario Bite" or "Wario Munch", I assume it has some properties similar to fire damage, except instead of fire it damages with stinky-garlic-breath-poison. And I like the idea of Wario being able to eat projectiles. I'm thinking that ability might not only be an attack, but an absorbtion move that could help accelerate the build-up of the "Wario Waft".
Nice idea, that could be a real possibility. Though for his specialness something might have to be taken away.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Now if only they'd update Bowser SM, DS SE Boss and Krystal. Aw jeezx!
Good calls. But what is "DS SE Boss"? ([something] Subspace Emissary Boss"?)

Nice idea, that could be a real possibility. Though for his specialness something might have to be taken away.
What do you mean by "his specialness needing to be taken away"? I don't think that Wario having an attack that doubles as a projectile absorber for the benefit of his Waft would be considered too "broken", if that's what you're implying.

It seems to me somewhat similar to Ness' dB, only it requires timing, is one-sided, attacks (and by the looks of it... pretty hard), and instead of healing him it shaves a few seconds off the Waft timer in his butt. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hey do you guys think that there will be a Running response Grab???
Like Snake did to Mario????

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hey do you guys think that there will be a Running response Grab???
Like Snake did to Mario????
A who in the what now?
5) Yet another opportunity to reveal a LITTLE more about ZSS goes by unused. Sakurai is still very vague about her abilities. He either really likes her and wants to keep all of her exciting moves under wraps for as long as possible, or really hates her and doesn't want to say much about her because he is so ashamed for including her in the first place. :/
6) Neck snap FTW.
7) I should have mentioned this right after #4, but Wario's bite will be his Standard Special Move. Will the garlic act as some kind of poison, slowing down opponents or sapping their health? I'm intrigued.
8) I wish all characters would get a video/videos like this! Or at least the newcomers.
9) Will the searchlight do anything besides make MGS fans chuckle? I haven't played the series (sadly!), so I dunno what happens after the "!" appears. Sakurai made no mention of it except that it would appear.
10) This is shaping up to be the best week so far. New stage, new character, and FOUR videos, one of which is the first character introduction that we've seen--and a great one, at that.
5) That was a bit random. Any certain reason for mentioning Zamus or have you just been wondering about her ever since she stopped showing up frequently in updates?
6) T rating FTW?
7) I'm gonna be different and say it's an A move. Hah!
8) Sonic would be in for one, certainly... and any other 3rd party character. Other than that... rawr. Ah well, I'd rather they spend time on the game than creating trailers.
9) It will also have the special effect of summoning memories of playing MGS and confusing people who never did! In the games, the ! and the sound-effect accompanying it occurred when an enemy spotted you, and was, of course, followed by all enemies in the area swarming in on you. I doubt that anything like that will happen, though. The walls at the sides are enough to make the stage unique gameplay-wise... I'm getting tired of all the stage hazards.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Wow Snakes grab looks even cooler if you pause at the right time, it shows a dark red circle of death right when Snake grabbed Mario. Also lol at neck snap and the box. Plausible idea Repryx.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
5) That was a bit random. Any certain reason for mentioning Zamus or have you just been wondering about her ever since she stopped showing up frequently in updates?
6) T rating FTW?
7) I'm gonna be different and say it's an A move. Hah!
8) Sonic would be in for one, certainly... and any other 3rd party character. Other than that... rawr. Ah well, I'd rather they spend time on the game than creating trailers.
9) It will also have the special effect of summoning memories of playing MGS and confusing people who never did! In the games, the ! and the sound-effect accompanying it occurred when an enemy spotted you, and was, of course, followed by all enemies in the area swarming in on you. I doubt that anything like that will happen, though. The walls at the sides are enough to make the stage unique gameplay-wise... I'm getting tired of all the stage hazards.
5) She just stopped showing up in updates, and we haven't seen much of her, not even her SM update--which EVERY other Newcomer (save Lucas) has received. She rarely rears her head on the DOJO!!'s more recent updates, so it's hard to say much about her. What gives, Sakurai? I don't have any real attachment to her--I couldn't care less, essentially--but I would at least like to know more about her. (Although if it came right down to it, I would take Lucas' SM over ZSS' in a heartbeat. :grin:)
6) Melee was T, so I can't imagine Brawl being any lower. And since they have refused to use Snake's guns in favor of explosives and the like, we won't be seeing an M. T is spot on.
7) I'm gonna say that you're wrong. :p (Only because we've seen it being used on the ground and in the air.)
8) Well, the game is complete at this point (it must be!), so trailers would just be a nice way of feeding us more information.
9) Thanks for the clarification. :grin:

Also, @ Dyce:
Your idea about the Wario Chomp makes perfect sense! The synergy between the two specials is great--nice thinking! :bigthumbu

Also, I think that "DS SE Boss" means Dark Samus being revealed as a boss in the Subspace Emissary, appeasing both DS fans (seeing their character in Brawl) and Ridley fans (keeping an open slot on the roster for another Metroid character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom