• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Suddenly I get a feeling that 90% are gonna hate Ressetti...Id unno why....We Love the guy but........WHat if he does the stunt he did in animal crossing???

Asuna

Smash Rookie
I hope they confirm Krystal. With the staff from SFA, she'd have an awesome moveset.

Can't wait to see what Sakurai updates the site with tonight!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
HOLY GOD. I've been gone for, what, five days? And I come back to the thread where I spend most of my time, and there are...hang on...FOURTEEN NEW PAGES! Holy sh;t! Well...here goes...

BTW, I'm not quoting anything, as there's just too much. Just saying what I think.

I pretty much LMAOd when I saw the Trophies update. The only reason for that was because on Friday, my friend and I had a disagreement about whether or not Trophies would be returning. (He thought it would just be Stickers and CDs.) That said, I think we do have most, if not all, of our collection elements now. Moving on to Tuesday...

Right, Diddy's FS. Well, I think it's kinda lame. I mean, it's just two of his SMs used repeatedly. PSHAW, I say.

Today's update was the best, IMO. All I saw was his name at first, and I was like, how the hell...? Then I realized he was just an AT. Still, this kicks @$$. Now we have...lemee see...

1. An AC stage.
  2. An AC emblem.
  3. An AC item.
  4. The AC music.
  5. And (this is my favorite, 'cuz it's fun to say): An AC AT.

Good week so far. Now, Lord, give us a CUT (with the AC character, of course) and announce that you were just kidding about the ICs, and I will love and praise you even more.

Oh yeah, the triple update about Snake was good too. The music reminds me of PotC. And I have this to say about his MS: the only reason the grenade is B and not dB is so that his SMs wouldn't be exactly the same as CSL's. Think about it! His >B is the boomerang that you can control, his uB is the Deku Leaf, and his dB is to pull out a bomb!
JK.
Mostly.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I hope they confirm Krystal. With the staff from SFA, she'd have an awesome moveset.

Can't wait to see what Sakurai updates the site with tonight!
Well the special moves would be the easy part. Also, since Krystal was supposed to have stared in a game "Dinosaur Planet", all by her lonesome, I could see some of her attacks possibly being derived from the ones Fox did in the game. Technically they were Krystal's moves first.

Hey, Dyce, I finally sat down and played MP3 tonight for about...3 hours...almost. **** that game is sweeeeet! I nearly joygasmed over the Ridley cutscene. (Yeah, if you didn't already know he was in the game, then you're a hermit.) So,
I just got contact from the AU 242 thing, and I haven't yet seen the next play area, but OH this game's awesome!
I don't know how I'll stand not playing it. Also,
after how AMAZINGLY AWESOME Dark Samus looked, I'll literally cry if she's not in Brawl.
Can't wait until I've got more time to play. Oh this game is SUCH a tease.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Well the special moves would be the easy part. Also, since Krystal was supposed to have stared in a game "Dinosaur Planet", all by her lonesome, I could see some of her attacks possibly being derived from the ones Fox did in the game. Technically they were Krystal's moves first.

Hey, Dyce, I finally sat down and played MP3 tonight for about...3 hours...almost. **** that game is sweeeeet! I nearly joygasmed over the Ridley cutscene. (Yeah, if you didn't already know he was in the game, then you're a hermit.) So,
I just got contact from the AU 242 thing, and I haven't yet seen the next play area, but OH this game's awesome!
I don't know how I'll stand not playing it. Also,
after how AMAZINGLY AWESOME Dark Samus looked, I'll literally cry if she's not in Brawl.
Can't wait until I've got more time to play. Oh this game is SUCH a tease.
*resisting...URGE. TO. shout some SPOILERS...*

smashbot226

Smash Master
The newest FS is here:

PKMN Trianer's!

And IMHO, It is more unoriginal than Diddy's.

Look alive fanboys. Sakurai gave you a cake filled with poison.

PKMN Trainer the char is the cake. The FS is the poison.

I LOVE METAPHORS!!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
At least "It's super effective!" is a cute touch.

Other than that, the only way I could be more disappointed in the final smash would be if it incorporated Mewtwo.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
GOD ****IT!

All week I had been hoping for Ike's final smash, and instead we get the Final smashes of the other 2 Dojo revealed newcomers >=/ Typical I tell you.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say we won't get a character this week. We generally don't get more than 2 character related updates per week. That and we haven't had a stage in a long time.

Repryx

Smash Champion
@ Rhyme Rundas=COOL

@ everbody else OWNED WHO GUESSED PTs FS????????????? MEEEE

It's Super effective

Repryx

Smash Champion
Meh....Kirby......Wait yeah didnt we like skip the originals??? Hey what do you think the commercial 4 brawl is gonna be???? Like the original maybe?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
EDIT: Is it just me, or are these Final Smashes becoming less and less impressive?
MP3 is totally a great game. If you ever get Wi-Fi, hit me up with your Wii-mail Address.
We can exchange Friend Vouchers! :bigthumbu

And as for the FSes... no, I don't think they're getting less impressive. This one is a crazy FS, but at this point it's like going: "Hey look, they shoot a beam of light/wave of fire/something just like that other guy."

It's still cool to see the FSes. I kinda thought Diddy's was kind of uninventive (I mean I called that one word for word as soon as I saw his character update). The only ones that I'm really impressed with are Yoshi's, Bowser's, and Pikachu's. I mean, how cool do they all look!?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
well i jus saw Mr Resetti in the Dojo just now...too bad for the fanboys...
wuts this mean for the Tom Nook, AC Human (which i saw in the background :(), or whoever else people would want as an AC character?

(i also saw Diddy's FS coz i never even touched my CPU since like Monday coz of freaking homework so yea...)
We've already gone over this...he could be removed from the background or whatever...

MP3 is totally a great game. If you ever get Wi-Fi, hit me up with your Wii-mail Address.

And as for the FSes... no, I don't think they're getting less impressive. This one is a crazy FS, but at this point it's like going: "Hey look, they shoot a beam of light/wave of fire/something just like that other guy."

It's still cool to see the FSes. I kinda thought Diddy's was kind of uninventive (I mean I called that one word for word as soon as I saw his character update). The only ones that I'm really impressed with are Yoshi's, Bowser's, and Pikachu's. I mean, how cool do they all look!?
I agree about Bowser's, however, I must disagree with Yoshi's and Pikachu's. Diddy's and Donkey's suck. Samus's is the most efective. Link's looks to be the coolest (and I'm not being biased here).

HEY what about links??? nd Mario's is a Kamehameha!
Yes, thank you!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I agree about Bowser's, however, I must disagree with Yoshi's and Pikachu's. Diddy's and Donkey's suck. Samus's is the most efective. Link's looks to be the coolest (and I'm not being biased here).
Oh come on, look at Yoshi and Pikachu. No one would be scared of Yoshi, but if you give it the wings of a demigod and dragon breath he's the coolest looking thing around, and you are not going to want to be there when that guy goes off. Same with Pikachu, he's cute, cuddly, yellow... now encase him in an orb of pure lighting that barrels towards you erratically to hit you light a freight train... wouldn't you say that's pretty badass?

And yes, the monkey's FSes are a little dumb (DK's more than Diddy's) and Samus' looks more effective (what with her using so much energy that her powersuit falls off... which is still awesome ;)).

And yes, of course Link's is the coolest. I just didn't say that because I figured it was a given.

Dyce says: "Sonic 4 Brawl -- Link 4 EVAH!!!"

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I like Yoshis and Pikas. They could've done something for the monkeys though jeez.

Rhyme, I find that Yoshi, DK and YLink are good Fox counters too. ICs first for sure though. And Chus Pichu out plays mine for sure. Pika, I can't say for sure, it'd be a good match. So would our Samus's I'm sure. Looking forward to it :) And I think your further than me in MP3 already, you got off the planet with the generators?

And enough crapola on the AC char. It's Smashkid already. A generic person with his/her fire T-shirt and weird horns o_O He be cool Friday, but I'd like any new-comer really.

BUT OF COURSE THERE IS ONE THING THAT WILL REALLY TOP ALL!

^^^^^^^^^^
HER FREAKIN SPECIAL MOVES! Re-vamped UpB to control how far you go "chargable", New function for Narus Love "chargable or tap/hold B to expand it", faster more range and control DFire. BUT BEST OF ALL!!!>>>>>BRAN NEW MOVE ,either DB or B if Narus Love gets the move.

Edit: forgot to mention some new fancy A attacks.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
BUT OF COURSE THERE IS ONE THING THAT WILL REALLY TOP ALL!

^^^^^^^^^^
HER FREAKIN SPECIAL MOVES! Re-vamped UpB to control how far you go "chargable", New function for Narus Love "chargable or tap/hold B to expand it", faster more range and control DFire. BUT BEST OF ALL!!!>>>>>BRAN NEW MOVE ,either DB or B if Narus Love gets the move.
This is quoted for Truth. Plus, in my opinion I think her down b should have her...

-- Very Minor TP Spoiler--

Draw the super awesome sword from TP that she has and channel something through it, or even just use it.

--end spoiler--

If sheik returns at all, she should be a separate character.

Dynamism

Smash Lord

Repryx

Smash Champion
I miss the lil Sega Noise...If Sonic is in that should be an easter egg...*Goes to watch Sonic the MOvie*

Repryx

Smash Champion
I miss the lil Sega Noise...If Sonic is in that should be an easter egg...*Goes to watch Sonic the MOvie*

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Rhyme, I find that Yoshi, DK and YLink are good Fox counters too. ICs first for sure though. And Chus Pichu out plays mine for sure. Pika, I can't say for sure, it'd be a good match. So would our Samus's I'm sure. Looking forward to it :) And I think your further than me in MP3 already, you got off the planet with the generators?

Re-vamped UpB to control how far you go "chargable

Edit: forgot to mention some new fancy A attacks.
Well personally, if I was looking to counterpick Fox, I'd select Doc or Falco. Luigi does pretty well too if you're careful.

Yoshi: Meh
DK: No. It's a bit more than somewhat in Fox's favor. Now Falcon vs DK is surprisingly equal. DK Bair FTW.
YLink: Can I buy some of what you're smoking? :p
Pika: I find that Pika makes a good matchup for Fox so long as you can Lcancel ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! If you can't, you kinda die.
Pichu: Doesn't have the advantage in any matchup...'cept maybe Mewtwo and Roy.

That's as far as I can tell, anyway. And yes, Fox vs Samus always makes for an interesting match, even though it's hard to win as Samus.

Yesh. Did you activate generator C yet? Rundus "nicely" activates B for ya'. I finished the area after that generator fiasco and I'm on to the next section.

Oh yeah! Zelda chargeable upB = nice. And fancy "A" attacks go without saying.

Yes, we could exchange those vouchers sometime, maybe after I make some real progress in the game.

Mmm. Pika's and Yoshi's FSes are amazing! Yoshi goes from being cute and snuggly to BAMF faster than smash ball pick-up speed. One thing I've been wondering though: what will ICs do for a FS?

Rundas=COOL
Rundus as a concept = crazy, as a person = ****. I can't wait until the game finally lets me unleash on him - his arrogance will be his downfall.

If sheik returns at all, she should be a separate character.
The operative word in that sentence being "if".

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Oh come on, look at Yoshi and Pikachu. No one would be scared of Yoshi, but if you give it the wings of a demigod and dragon breath he's the coolest looking thing around, and you are not going to want to be there when that guy goes off. Same with Pikachu, he's cute, cuddly, yellow... now encase him in an orb of pure lighting that barrels towards you erratically to hit you light a freight train... wouldn't you say that's pretty badass?

Mmm. I guess.

And yes, the monkey's FSes are a little dumb (DK's more than Diddy's) and Samus' looks more effective (what with her using so much energy that her powersuit falls off... which is still awesome ;)).

Oh yeah. "Awesome." Heheheh...

And yes, of course Link's is the coolest. I just didn't say that because I figured it was a given.

The only problem I have with Link's is if it only goes after one person. 'Course, that won't matter unless I'm in an actual three-or-four person Brawl.

Dyce says: "Sonic 4 Brawl -- Link 4 EVAH!!!"
Sigged!

I never got to that part ^^^ whew that was close. I read the s-a-S-word and stopped :laugh:
But yes that would be sweet, she pulls it out and uses it like an item with super powers for a short time. And when she drops it, it disappears.

And everyone...I think I found where twighlight_hero has been ;)
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/iceclimbers/iceclimbers_070914b-l.jpg
And what exactly is that supposed to mean?
Oh, I get it. NVM...
Yeah...that's true...now I hate them even more. LOL.

Well personally, if I was looking to counterpick Fox, I'd select Doc or Falco. Luigi does pretty well too if you're careful.

Yoshi: Meh
DK: No. It's a bit more than somewhat in Fox's favor. Now Falcon vs DK is surprisingly equal. DK Bair FTW.

YLink: Can I buy some of what you're smoking? :p

Yeah...when I saw that in Dyna's quote, I nearly pissed myself laughing. Though I hate to admit it, the space animals pwn YL.:ohwell:

Pika: I find that Pika makes a good matchup for Fox so long as you can Lcancel ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! If you can't, you kinda die.
Pichu: Doesn't have the advantage in any matchup...'cept maybe Mewtwo and Roy.

That's as far as I can tell, anyway. And yes, Fox vs Samus always makes for an interesting match, even though it's hard to win as Samus.

Yesh. Did you activate generator C yet? Rundus "nicely" activates B for ya'. I finished the area after that generator fiasco and I'm on to the next section.

Oh yeah! Zelda chargeable upB = nice. And fancy "A" attacks go without saying.

Yes, we could exchange those vouchers sometime, maybe after I make some real progress in the game.

Mmm. Pika's and Yoshi's FSes are amazing! Yoshi goes from being cute and snuggly to BAMF faster than smash ball pick-up speed. One thing I've been wondering though: what will ICs do for a FS?

Giant block of ice. Smack with hammers. In other words, a clone of Link's. That's where I was, as Dyna pointed out, when I was gone. I had to walk back to somewhere with Internet access, 'cause I lost Midna. Figures that I found her the moment I walked in the door of my house. I nearly stabbed her then and there.

Rundus as a concept = crazy, as a person = ****. I can't wait until the game finally lets me unleash on him - his arrogance will be his downfall.

...who the hell is Rundus?

The operative word in that sentence being "if".
Yeah...she should come back, although not as part of Zelda. We already have a transformation to a fast, kick@$$ character (Zamus), and we only need one.

Besides, the one we have is infinitely better. ;)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
twighlight_hero-What's this about Midna? And Rundas is a dude that should really do all the work himself. If he can take out 4 of those ships flying around that bridge in SECONDS!!! Jeez! Just kill all the bad guys already!

You^ and Rhyme
Hey, he might not be considered a good counter by most but I actually do quite well against Fox. Once he's off he's off for good and WD into Usmashs and Utilts followed with Uairs, Dair or Fair own his ***. Fox can't Usmash me when I'm YLink and I'm tough to combo. Not Falco as much so only .5 of the space animals but yeah YLink works well against Fox. :p And yes Doc and Falco would be good picks too but I was refering to those accused as "low tier" and Luigi is about even until it comes to the shinespike. A couple a those and Luigi's done. DK and Yoshi, especially Yoshi, are also good. DK can chain throw Uair followed with a Fair or ChargedB 0% to death which evens it up. And Pika owns Fox like Fox was his big hairy rat bal... feet.

Rhyme-Yeah i'm past the generators, I just woke up from that 1 month later video and got teh Hyperarmorabober.

I want a Blizzard or something as an ICs FS. But that Ice Cube thing is probably a better bet. And cooler, cause someone else in the game is bound to have something like Links...might as well be the "other" coolest character.
They're coming o_O

Devastlian

Smash Lord
How 'bout a FS where your partner's hammer grows hella big and the lead Ice Climber grabs their hand and flings them at an opponent and if you miss you lose the partner for that stock...<_<

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I could see CFalcon... but I still think that they'll hold off on Falco for a bit.

The only clone I could see them releasing anytime soon would be Ganondorf, but I'm still seeing him being revealed at least until the end of October. He's the ONLY clone we all absolutely, definitely, without-a-doubt know will make the cut. It's just a matter of time.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Besides, the one we have is infinitely better. ;)
Lol, agreed.

Rundus is the crazy dude who commands frozen water to own people. I'm not exactly sure of his background though. And also, minor spoiler, this beastly cutscene of cutscenes was joygasmic.

Did Dyna really say that?

You^ and Rhyme
Hey, he might not be considered a good counter by most but I actually do quite well against Fox. Once he's off he's off for good and WD into Usmashs and Utilts followed with Uairs, Dair or Fair own his ***. Fox can't Usmash me when I'm YLink and I'm tough to combo. Not Falco as much so only .5 of the space animals but yeah YLink works well against Fox. :p And yes Doc and Falco would be good picks too but I was refering to those accused as "low tier" and Luigi is about even until it comes to the shinespike. A couple a those and Luigi's done. DK and Yoshi, especially Yoshi, are also good. DK can chain throw Uair followed with a Fair or ChargedB 0% to death which evens it up. And Pika owns Fox like Fox was his big hairy rat bal... feet.

Rhyme-Yeah i'm past the generators, I just woke up from that 1 month later video and got teh Hyperarmorabober.
Well I won't agree with you there. Personally, I think it's rather easy to combo Y. Link with Fox. I will credit you with this though: it's neigh impossible to combo him if you can't get him off the ground. Still, that's not to hard when Fox has his Uthrow, Utilt, Usmash, Dtilt, Nair, Bair, Uair to work with. And yeah, Falco does just kinda **** Y. Link into submission. I'll even go so far as to say that Falco intimidates Y. Link with his crazy mindgames FORCING him to assume the position. :laugh:

As for "Low tiers", Mewtwo isn't so bad. Sorry, I didn't realize you were picking low tiers who were good against him, I thought you were just picking random people.

Oh yay! The PED armor. Yeah, that's stuff's pretty crazy. One thing which I find interesting: if you go into your ship and press the small right-most button on your right, you can perform a bio-scan. Interestingly enough you're corrupted and the team still trusts you.

It's not much of a spoiler to say that I just passed a checkpoint and I'm now on my way to destroying this gainormous thingymajig. Should make for an interesting light show. ^^

It's just a matter of time.
I'd still prefer to see people new to the smash scene all together rather than people we know from Melee. Sure I'll be happy to know that Ness is in, but I'd rather wait for Ness in November if it means getting Olimar in September.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'd still prefer to see people new to the smash scene all together rather than people we know from Melee. Sure I'll be happy to know that Ness is in, but I'd rather wait for Ness in November if it means getting Olimar in September.
But the fact that some veteran characters are still in "the red zone" of returning or not is enough for us to pray for their safe return. I'm just saying the only veteran characters left that we all KNOW will make the cut are Ganondorf and Luigi. Marth might be in that category too because he's so popular and he's the "OG of FE".
(Haha. Like that? It just came to me.)
But there are just so many sword wielding FE characters now-a-days that he can be easily replaced.

All the remaining veterans, to me, are on the same level of excitement as potential newcomers.

Ness = Lucas
Mewtwo = Dark Samus
Falco = Lucario
Jigglypuff = Smashkid
YLink = CSLink
Marth = Sothe
Basically it's: Anyone old = Anyone new

(I'm not comparing one character to the other, I'm just saying it would be just as exciting for ME if we got an update for any one of them.)

EDIT:
I forgot to mention CFalcon. Yea, he's another one of the characters that we all definitely know will be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom