• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Perfect Chaos said:
Someone posted that Metaknight would have only 3-4 jumps, way back. This is not true, since in the trailer, starting after where Pit first breakers his bow into the swords, Metaknight does 5 jumps to fight with Pit.

Oh, and it looks like both Metaknight and Pit falls at a medium speed. That'll feel weird at first, since we're used to the multi-jumpers (Jigglypuff and Kirby) as being floaters.
You're also forgetting that the trailer was in fact nothing but a trailer and things might change near its launch? That was just to excite the crowd, besides if you think the game looks good, wait till it finally comes out.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I don't think that Pit will have multiple jumps... probably just two with a really good 3rd jump... maybe the 3rd jump can be used multiple times (so it looks like multiple jumps, but it's actually multiple "b-ups"). idk... Pit is going to be some sort of hybrid. What I mean by that, I don't know.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Are you counting the initial jump as a jump? It looks like he jumps, then attacks, then jumps two more times, then attacks, then jumps again (a total of 4 jumps). Anyway, all the jumps have the same animation so they can be multiple Up-B (that and he attacks after the third jump). It'll be kind of dumb to have him have multiple Up-B that goes as far as a jump instead of just having him have multiple jumps. Oh, and the trailer is one of main things we have to base the majority of these discussions on (the other main things being interviews and press conferences), so you can't blame me for using it, XZero BeatX. Also, there are real time recorded battles on the trailer, as well, and that part I was talking about looks like it was one, but with a special camera angle.

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
Bowser85 said:
That wouldn't exactly be fair. The fact that Zelda could turn into Sheik and have completely different moveset was pretty creative. And why should this game rely on new stuff alone. A Smash Bros. game shouldn't rely on just what is new for refferences but a healthy balance of old AND new as a result. Just because Zelda probably won't disguise herself as Sheik in Twilight Princess doesn't mean it should be removed just because Link's using his TP design. After all, we don't see him turning into wolf form yet, do we?
I dunno, it seems to me that they may remove shiek, and Update Zelda. They already updated Link. plus, to my understanding, Link's werewolf transformation was unlike the shiek on in that Link can't really control it, while Zelda could. Why would they include a form that couldn't be reasonably explained? and you never know, maybe they do include it and they're just not telling us yet.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Well let's see where Twilight Princess goes with everything before seeing what's done with Zelda.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
TP isn't out so we don't know how much control link will have as a wolf
no matter how much control he has midina would make it so he could have control
if wolf link is a transformation they would have to remove something like bombs
the more i think about it the more i think wolf link with midina would work better as a seperate char

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Ippus, that sounded so very phalic.
And innacurate. You want a big freaking sword, go to Cloud. Metaknight is many things, but the weilder of the coolest sword to date, he is not.

In any case, to be honest I'm almost more interested in what is done with returning characters than the new ones. I.E. my namesake, the battery charged vermin Pikachu. I was very dissapointed in how difficult he was to master in Melee as compared to the original, and I very much hope they restore him to his former glory. Not to say that I didn't enjoy his speed boost in Melee, but I'm just hoping they give him back some power to go with it.

I do have to say that I find the inclusion of Zero Suit Samus completely unnecessary. Why include a varied version of an existing character instead of using a new character altogether. Unless she works similarly to Zelda/Sheik, in which case I still find it somewhat unnecessary, but less gratuitously so.

In any case, here's to hoping we see more of what Nintendo's got in store for this game soon.

Andy

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
I'm really looking forward to snake myself. To all those who think he doesn't fit in smash bros, well metal gear has giant mechs, vampires and crazy ninjas, so it's not exactly realistic. Plus, if you've played the metal gear games as much as I have, you'd know that Hideo Kojima (creator of metal gear) is a bit of a whacky guy, there are lots of funny and ridiculous easter eggs in all of his games, in one mgs 3 mini game, you actually have to capture the monkeys from ape escape running around in the jungle. In one VR mission you have to protect a plate of curry from 120 soldiers using a sniper rifle. I wasn't actually all that surprised when they announced him as a character, and I'm very much looking forward to playing him.

Does any one else think the power move items things are ridiculous? I hope they're just an item so I can turn them off.

The brawl trailer was hilarious.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Man, I haven't played any Snake games except the NES ones, and even I'm excited about his inclusion. :D Hideo Kojima is a super fun guy, and it's fitting that his character be the black sheep in the Smash Brothers repertoire. I'll probably main him, just to be fun.

That being said, Pit will probably be the shaznat.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Realisticly (spelling?), I can see Pit Mid Tier. He doesnt' seem crazy fast, but fast enough, and his projectiles will probably help with his short reach (daggers).

Since according to the article, they don't even HAVE a moveset for Snake yet, but they think it will involve plenty of explosions....Snake will probably see Mid Tier also.
Unless they mix his ranged explosions with CQC by giving him quick knifing abilities, and then when the scuffle is over and snake and opponent are parted, start harassing with explosions, yea...then I can see him maybe High Tier.

Metaknight.....ugh.....I can see him High Tier already.....BOOST KIRBY! NEEDS HIS GLORY BACK TO COMBAT THE FORCES OF METAKNIGHT! [That would also be more in line with their story.]

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
If you watch the video,Kirby has a faster hammer attack now,and,it may just be me,but i think he looks heavier too.Also,i wanna see Wario get his @$$ kicked over and over and over and over again with anything i've got to use.

supermarth101

Smash Rookie
of course

Zook said:
Meta Knight will own over Snake.

Wario will own over Snake.

And, I hope, Pichu will own over all, including Snake.

Anyways, I hope some of the 3rd party characters won't get the game rated M. Blood, sexual themes, and gore just don't seem to fit in with Smash.
whoever wrote this message is right,wario is going to kick snakes but there is only one problem,why did they have to put pit in the game i mean hes good but why,all i want to know is if meta knght is going to beat pit or pit s going to beat meta knight

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
The rAt said:
Ippus, that sounded so very phalic.
I do have to say that I find the inclusion of Zero Suit Samus completely unnecessary. Why include a varied version of an existing character instead of using a new character altogether. Unless she works similarly to Zelda/Sheik, in which case I still find it somewhat unnecessary, but less gratuitously so.
Nope.

She'll be a different character, and will play much differently than normal Samus. She has a beamblade type thing, and no armor, meaning no weapon, meaning none of the old projectiles, meaning a completely different character.

supermarth101

Smash Rookie
youre right

Falco&Victory said:
If you watch the video,Kirby has a faster hammer attack now,and,it may just be me,but i think he looks heavier too.Also,i wanna see Wario get his @$$ kicked over and over and over and over again with anything i've got to use.

youre right about that but kirbys hammer is faster but since he is heavier then he moves slow so there is no chance of him usng that attack unless your opponent is right next to you.oh and kirby didnt hardly change a bit.i also wanna see wario get his @$$ wooped.i mean come on,who uses there fart as there special

Arean

Smash Ace
metaknight...cool, i wonder if they will put daisy as peach's clone...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So Samus is confirmed, since im lazy should someone quote the post where she is confirmed in? :p

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
zamus has a whip/blaster.
it's not a blade.
it's not a beamsword.
none of that.

and if anything shiek will be a different character all by herself due to the fact of shiek not appearing in TP.
and we can all assume zelda will recieve a TP make-over, as well as ganondorf.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
supermarth101 said:
whoever wrote this message is right,wario is going to kick snakes but there is only one problem,why did they have to put pit in the game i mean hes good but why,all i want to know is if meta knght is going to beat pit or pit s going to beat meta knight

Why put Pit in the game? Are you kidding me? People had been asking for Metaknight and Pit for the longest over anyone else I've seen. Besides, Kid Icarus' revival seems to be around the corner for the Wii.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
I think having Pit and Metalknight is perfect for Brawl becasue they seem to make sense having them in. Someone they shouldnt have is Snake, like seriously he has nothing to do with Nintendo. I dont like how Wario is going to be in it because all though it makes sense having him, they just made him for a joke and i do not like that because i take melee quite seriously. Melee Brawl though will be amazing i cant wait for it to come out and start using my link.

icedragon

Smash Rookie
I dont like the idea of snake. but im sure there are way more new characters. think of all the new ones you had to unlock in melee. im sure they added more in there its just not to tell us yet.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Agreed. Snake just doesn't have that Nintendo feel. Link, Mario, and Fox are what we think of when we hear the word Nintendo. Who thinks of Snake?

tsetse

Smash Lord
So is this old news or will zero suit samus sword double as a gun cuz when you look at it, it looks like a pistol handle, I figure it could double as a gun or maybe the trigger is used to power up the sword ala morth and roy.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Is anyone getting a really huge Ivy vibe from Zero-Suit Samus? I mean. . .both happen to wield (what appear to be) close-combat melee weapons that transform into long-range whips, and both happen to be voluptuous females clad in extremely tight-fitting, body-sculpting attire.

And Snake fits right in with everyone else. Yeah, Solid Snake has always been about gritty realism, but Kojima always made sure to add in a bit of craziness to remind people that Snake is kinda super-human--Snake dodged bullets in MGS2 and MGS: TTS, and pulled off insane acrobatics in MGS: TTS, and CQC'd the **** out of soldiers galore in MGS3, so the concept of double-jumping and duking it out with everyone else doesn't seem too far-fetched.

I'm guessing that Snake will have his jab-jab-roundhouse kick that he's always had, and his jumping evasive roll for his dash attack. I'm itching to see what Snake will do; his addition to SSB is like a dream come true.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Pit really gives me a good impression of SSBB^^
I just wonder how his moves will be like...

Luiginater

Smash Apprentice
Snake makes me want to play the game badly.I wonder what his moves are going to be.I think he is going to be like Fox and Shiek.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Zero suit samus is going to stay using a sword, because they suit samus has a gun, so yea

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If that made sense, I'd remind you that, even though Samus's gun is her primary weapon, Zamus can still use her gun to give her some kind of a projectile attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom