• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Technically snake is originally a nintendo character anyone remember metal gear al those years ago.I think the new characters will make the game more diverse and interesting........

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
pikaville said:
Technically snake is originally a nintendo character anyone remember metal gear al those years ago.I think the new characters will make the game more diverse and interesting........
That's not "technically." That's "first appeared on a Nintendo system." He is and has been a third-party character. But, if they're doing characters that first appeared on Nintendo, here's hoping Bomberman.

Did ZS Samus have that gun/sword/whip thing in her game?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Brown Paper Sack said:
Did ZS Samus have that gun/sword/whip thing in her game?
Negative. You had to sneak around and avoid enemies when you were using her until you got the suit.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Brown Paper Sack said:
Wario's move set had better have nothing to do with Wario Ware. We do not need another Game & Watch, we need the bruiser from Wario World. That game ruled, but was way too short. He could simply have the set from that, pretty much. His B could be the special grab, and all the move possiblities from there! Spinning, piledriver, charged throw.
Smash-B should be his shoulder charge he always has, or maybe that is his dash attack.
Butt stomp as a down-B is a given.
Whoah whoah whoah. B for the grab moves? Sorry but I think those work better as his throws. Up Throw or Down Throw is the Piledriver, Back Throw is the Wild Swing Ding, Forward Throw is the Mega Toss. I think his B Button should have him throw those giant coins we had to use to open up the level exit in the very first Wario Land game.

I agree with Smash B being the shoulder barge (Plus a way to make him do the Corkscrew Conk from Wario World as well.) and Down B being the Butt Stomp but I think Up B should be either his Spring Wario transformation from Lands 2, 3, and 4 or his Jet Cap from Wario Land 1.

Negative. You had to sneak around and avoid enemies when you were using her until you got the suit.
No you're negative. She did have the pistol but all it ever does is stun the enemies it's fired at. You still had to sneak around to avoid detection though.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Zook said:
However, lets remember Meta Knights HP count. In ALL of games
where he is playable his HP is INCREDIBLY low. That what make him either
incredibly light or easy to smash.
Yeah, so low infact, that it's half Kirby's.

I HIGHLY doubt Metaknight would be 50% lighter than Kirby,
because that'd just be tooo broken. But I do believe he is more
of a Quasi-flyer with 3-4 medium height jumps (As I reckon Pit is)
than a cheap jumper (like Kirby, 6 jumps) and as he has wings, he would get
a bit more (or even less) lift than Kriby does. His attacks are always
fast, furios and "ZOMG" when playing as him, I think they're trying
to recreate that feeling by essentially breaking the game.

But of course, all that may be wrong. It's all baseless.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Not really sure snake fits in to the SSB scene. Most charcahters used look anime/carttonish. In fact some of them have been in anime or carttons. But we break it down to Snake in his games involve sneaking around stealth like.Shooting people with differnt variations of guns. Decapitating people with knives, and asassination. Personally Nintendo can do whatever they want becase well THEY ARE NINTENDO. But for once this decision just seems well,odd.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Nintendo will not replace Captain Falcon with Sanke. That would be a very unlikely,and down right uneducated choice. Besides I know if they did that Nintendo will get Falcon Punched :p

viper210

Smash Rookie
ZSamus and metaknjight ftw. i was just wonderin tho, can any1 explain how Kid Icarus played? and wat Pit's character was like? he seems cool, but i'm not 2 sure about da archangel look, unless he's supposed 2 be badazz.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Bowser85 said:
No you're negative. She did have the pistol but all it ever does is stun the enemies it's fired at. You still had to sneak around to avoid detection though.

Ah, well yeah but I was thinking from the sword/whip stand point.

And for some reason I started thinking of Boktai.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
viper210 said:
ZSamus and metaknjight ftw. i was just wonderin tho, can any1 explain how Kid Icarus played? and wat Pit's character was like? he seems cool, but i'm not 2 sure about da archangel look, unless he's supposed 2 be badazz.

The badass look came to me as a surprise, he had a more cutesy look imo. I never played much of the game myself but he did jump around and shoot arrows.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i'm looking forward to pit and metaknight a lot. especially pit

as for snake and Zsamus...iunno...i just dont know

and wario should be pretty good, i just hope they dont try and make him a slower, more powerful mario

Plomid

Smash Ace
one thind i was wondering
how will the newcomers handle items
you know how like like falcons item-smash is different from say peach

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this have been mentioned in a different thread, but I think it would be awesome if Pit didn't have to charge his arrows, or if he did, the normal would be about Link's fully charge(with less damage), and charging would give it alot more damage or something. Along with no charge being able to aim the arrows, like in the trailer, flying in the air hold B, aim SW, release. Something like that. Just my thought.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Another Super Jump Punch? Boring. It doesn't even fit with Wario.

Wikipedia said:
The earliest power-ups are the Dragon Helmet, Bull Helmet, and Jet Helmet. The Dragon Helmet shoots flames, the Bull Helmet increases Wario's strength and endows him with a ground pound maneuver and the ability to cling to ceilings, and the Jet Helmet allows Wario to fly forward for a short amount of time.
That would actually fit with Wario, considering it comes from his games. It could be a horizontal recovery, like Luigi.

Kao

Smash Cadet
People its been confirmed that all of the characters from the earlier games will be in Brawl. Not by trailer but interview. Any way wouldnt it be weird to have characters missing?

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Kao said:
People its been confirmed that all of the characters from the earlier games will be in Brawl. Not by trailer but interview. Any way wouldnt it be weird to have characters missing?
No. They haven't. This is a common misconception.

And even if they had, I don't want to talk about 30 characters yet. I want to talk about 9.

Updating the first post so sophemoric individuals like yourself see why the original 26 are not confirmed.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Wario's triple jab has got to be the right, left, head butt, with the exaggerated head butt, of course.
Snake's will be his right, left, round house kick like it has been forever.
Metaknight will probably just have two slashes like Marth.

Smashes are pretty much impossible to tell. I would have never guessed "fire palm" for Mario.

Do you suppose any of the returning characters will have fundamental changes? I can see Mario's Cape and all his smashes; Link's f-tilt, f-air, d-air, and bow; Kirby's n-air, u-smash, and air hammer; and Pikachu's up-B and down-B.

Kao

Smash Cadet
Or news or something I nkow I saw it somewhere and I swear to god I am not lieing. I cant find it but I am looking. I will find it just wait. But really wouldnt it be wierd to have characters missing? Or maybe there isnt...But I know somewhere they said it. I know.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I linked to the interview you're talking about in the first post.

And I can think of a few reasons for characters not to return. Young Link might be replaced by a cel-shaded Link from Wind Waker. I'm not sure what he would be called (possibly still young link), but so many Zelda games have transpired that YL might be removed to make room for other Zelda characters. In the same vein, Shiek (regarded as a seperate character by most) might be removed should Zelda be updated to more recent depictions.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
In the same vein, Shiek (regarded as a seperate character by most) might be removed should Zelda be updated to more recent depictions.
That wouldn't exactly be fair. The fact that Zelda could turn into Sheik and have completely different moveset was pretty creative. And why should this game rely on new stuff alone. A Smash Bros. game shouldn't rely on just what is new for refferences but a healthy balance of old AND new as a result. Just because Zelda probably won't disguise herself as Sheik in Twilight Princess doesn't mean it should be removed just because Link's using his TP design. After all, we don't see him turning into wolf form yet, do we?

Kao

Smash Cadet
Bowser85 said:
That wouldn't exactly be fair. The fact that Zelda could turn into Sheik and have completely different moveset was pretty creative. And why should this game rely on new stuff alone. A Smash Bros. game shouldn't rely on just what is new for refferences but a healthy balance of old AND new as a result. Just because Zelda probably won't disguise herself as Sheik in Twilight Princess doesn't mean it should be removed just because Link's using his TP design. After all, we don't see him turning into wolf form yet, do we?
We might. We just dont know yet. Wait till it comes out.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Snake's grab should have him grabbing the from behind and his down throw should be cracking his enemy's neck to do the most damage of all the down throws. But only because i wanna see pikachu's neck get crunched ^_________^

thefusion

Smash Ace
I think Samus is confirmed. Not only by the trailer, but by promotional images.

EDIT: Looked at first post again. Don't mind me.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
thefusion said:
I think Samus is confirmed. Not only by the trailer, but by promotional images.

EDIT: Looked at first post again. Don't mind me.
Think? There is no 'think'. Samus IS confirmed, and it is a separate character from Zero Suit Samus, just in case the same arguement pops up again.

thefusion

Smash Ace
XZero BeatX said:
Think? There is no 'think'. Samus IS confirmed, and it is a separate character from Zero Suit Samus, just in case the same arguement pops up again.
Looks like you quoted the part where I said "Looked at the first post again. Don't mind me."
Don't get your panties in a bunch.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be great to switch between Zsamus' Energy sword/whip and emergency pistol? Like maybe as a down B, then some of her moves using the sword/whip would become blaster-wielding moves. And has anyone thought of here throw now that she lost the suit and her grapple beam? She wouldn't be able to wall grab anymore, unless they add some basic grapple functionality to the blaster.

f1reice

Smash Cadet
Apøc` said:
Lies, Snake will own, no matter what, Close Quarters Combat for the win guys.
Pshh...just wait till the game comes out before you say anything. Ill use any character and you use Snake and we'll see who the winner is!! I bet if they put a freakin Pikmin in it would still knock out snake in one blow...considering that most characters are equal and the better one just has more skills and knows more about what they are doing...Just dont get too cocky unless youve tried the dang character and mastered it...ugh...

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I think Pit's potential to have multiple jumps, as well as be heavier than floaties like Kirby and Jigglypuff and therefore harder to knock farther, means he'll be able to survive a long time at a lot of levels. If he has some nice attacks and combos, I think he could be pretty good in the SSBB. He's definitely going to be the first character I try out, assuming no SMRPG/Chrono Trigger characters are in.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Someone posted that Metaknight would have only 3-4 jumps, way back. This is not true, since in the trailer, starting after where Pit first breakers his bow into the swords, Metaknight does 5 jumps to fight with Pit.

Oh, and it looks like both Metaknight and Pit falls at a medium speed. That'll feel weird at first, since we're used to the multi-jumpers (Jigglypuff and Kirby) as being floaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom