• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiRMaGuS

Smash Rookie
Sensai said:
You sure about that? I'm not doubting, nor do I have any sources ('cause I'm too lazy to look it up), but I think Kirby came before MG.

But then again, I might be kwazee.*

*Not to be confused with crazy.
When you brought it up, I wasn't 100% so I got off my lazy ***..... and sat back down again and looked it up. Good to know that I'm right at least sometimes.. some thing my wife will deny vehemently. :ohwell:

As far as that character select screen... it's nice, but most likely a joke.
First thing that comes to my mind, is why certain things are not in Japanese. (Names, "Minute", and I wonder if they use "N/A" in Japan.)
Never can know for sure though...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Wohoo

Samus was one of my first videogame crushes. I'm glad she gets to fight without her suit so the world can see her beuty, while still being wowed by her dominant personallity. I hope she is agile to the extreme. However, I can see myself as playing as Metaknight a lot... I'll keep my fingers crossed for Geno,Chrono Trigger characters, and/or Krystal.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I've got a much better idea for Samus, and for others like me who are Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission fans you will probably agree. Rather than eliminating her potential for bomb-jumping, why don't we just have plaers press down twice?

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Link has a new Aerial from the looks of it. It looks like a double forward slash. It's in the video after they show the character specials, he gets upsmashed out of it by Kirby.

Sensai

Smash Master
SiRMaGuS said:
When you brought it up, I wasn't 100% so I got off my lazy ***..... and sat back down again and looked it up. Good to know that I'm right at least sometimes.. some thing my wife will deny vehemently. :ohwell:
Haha, alright. That's good to know.

And that character select screen is bogus, obviously. But still WAY cool.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
NO SQAURE ENIX CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!
Characters i would like to see(not all of them though)
Shadow/Sonic/Tails/Geno/Mallow/Yoshi from Paper Mario2/Captain Bomb-omb dude from Paper Mario 2
Star Wolf/Blaziken/New Fire Emblem character(probably Lyn)/Jesus/Baby Bowser/Diddie Kong/Ridley/A Purple Egg

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Falco&Victory said:
NO SQAURE ENIX CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!
Characters i would like to see(not all of them though)
Shadow/Sonic/Tails/Geno/Mallow/Yoshi from Paper Mario2/Captain Bomb-omb dude from Paper Mario 2
Star Wolf/Blaziken/New Fire Emblem character(probably Lyn)/Jesus/Baby Bowser/Diddie Kong/Ridley/A Purple Egg
Please, stay on topic. You don't want to end up like me...

I wonder what Snake's taunt will be...?

dsk

Smash Cadet
I think Snake's taunt will be the cardboard box...
it doesn't seens reliable for fighting technique.... could be used as taunt

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Darkfur said:
Samus was one of my first videogame crushes. I'm glad she gets to fight without her suit so the world can see her beuty, while still being wowed by her dominant personallity. I hope she is agile to the extreme. However, I can see myself as playing as Metaknight a lot... I'll keep my fingers crossed for Geno,Chrono Trigger characters, and/or Krystal.
Dude,about the next paragraph after.You like Redwall?So did I,when i was 13.God,get Inheritance or LOTR or Davinci code.Also,Chrono would be welcome,as would Magus and Glen.

dsk

Smash Cadet
Geno would beat your @$$3$ up
I still can remember....
9999 damage whweee

blerb

Smash Journeyman
i don't understand why people are dissing snake... look at zamus. she ins't very cartoony (apart from the...thing, she wields.) but other than that, she looks just like him, fatasy ways.

dsk

Smash Cadet
I'm not complaining
I'm cheering
don't judge me as fanboy, but I never bought any PS, or Dreamcast, or whathver... But I CHEERED the day I buy Metal gear for NGC... I just, love it

(secret: I borrowed a PS2 for mgs3....)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Check out all of those stopsigns...

Please refrain from discussing non-confirmed characters! I want Geno too. This is not the place to discuss it.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
well, i think if they have wavedash, snake would be good at it. because think about it. in all of his games, he is stealthy. so this would be a sstrength. i don't think wario would be good at it, like fox was in ssbm. (well, he was good at it, but you needed practise.)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I don't follow.

Wavedashing is a physics exploit that occurs due to a character's traction. Luigi, being less than graceful, has very little traction. Bowser, being so heavy, has a ton of traction. (Don't ask me to explain peach...)

Shiek is a stealthy, highly agile character, and to demonstrate that they gave her a lot of traction. Snake wouldn't be able to sneak around if he was slipping and sliding everywhere. I can just see him running behind a crate, ducking, and then continuing to slide across the floor into the wall.

If they keep wavedashing the same, he will have an average-to-poor one, similar to Captain Falcon and Shiek.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, i was thinking the oppisite. so instead waio will have a good wave dash, but snake will have a crap wavedash.

Psiklone

Smash Cadet
When Metaknight turned invisible to dodge Pit's magic arrow, do you think that was a ground dodge, B-move, or just CG thingy?

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
I know what one of snakes moves will be. Neak break. it will probably work alot like bowsers B forward claw. It will be a serate throw to combo into snakes classic throws. And his box will most likely work like kirbies rock but it wont damage and he can basically move and be immune to attack for a while. thats just a guess. I think metaknight will be a total air juggler and might end up broken. He looks like theres gonna be a way to do something like a shuffle to just do a 3 hit over and over with almost no recov chance.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Razorcloud said:
I know what one of snakes moves will be. Neak break. it will probably work alot like bowsers B forward claw. It will be a serate throw to combo into snakes classic throws. And his box will most likely work like kirbies rock but it wont damage and he can basically move and be immune to attack for a while. thats just a guess. I think metaknight will be a total air juggler and might end up broken. He looks like theres gonna be a way to do something like a shuffle to just do a 3 hit over and over with almost no recov chance.
Maybe snakes box shield will work likle yoshi's egg? thats a completely different shield that he moves around in. i'd love to see the neck break in it.
I don't think they'll totally avoid giving snake weapons, Link in Melee has his boomerang, bombs, and arrows, maybe snake will have his weapons?

As for metaknight, that guy looks like Ylink and Kirby put together >.< And i hope that move wasn't a Fair, otherwise, Razorcloud is right, imagine those plus shffl? i'm worried.

As for Pit, which looks sick, i think they might just have a different jumping system for those characters altogether? kirby and jigs have 6 jumps plus Upb, maybe pit AND metaknight will have four? i havn't a clue about Zsuit Samus though.

I hope they keep all the original characters, why would they kick them out? if they're listening to thier fans and thier wits they'll keep them, some people just won't buy it if characters like falcon or Ness get booted.

thats my 2 cents

Gold Fire

Smash Rookie
if they are able to add 3rd party characters, the should at least KEEP the characters that have already been in smash, that would just not be right at all. Adding to smash makes more sense than taking away things from smash and replacing it with characters that dont even belong to the nintendo world.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I said something along the lines of a new jump system in the beginning...but i think people called it broken? not sure why though....this is what i thought.

On The Ground:
Humanoid Characters - 2 big jumps + UpB
Puff-Balls - 6 small jumps + UpB[Kirby anyway]
Pit - 3 to 4 mid sized jumps + UpB. This is more fitting for Pit flavorwise. When you think about it, the puff-balls get a crapload of short jumps because they use magic currents of air or something to puff around with. Whereas humanoid characters get one aerial jump to show they are super-human coolness.

But Pit has WINGS! This means, more aerial capability{puff-ball style} but with more power behind them{humanoid} since he has wings and not magic currents of air.

I'm not sure about MetaKnight, I think he should be put in with the Puff-balls jump system.

Broken? Stupid? Kabyk want reply.

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
Razorcloud said:
I know what one of snakes moves will be. Neak break.
I don't think you'll see any neck breaking in a T-rated game. Sakurai sure as hell won't want Smash to be M-rated.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I said something along the lines of a new jump system in the beginning...but i think people called it broken? not sure why though....this is what i thought.

On The Ground:
Humanoid Characters - 2 big jumps + UpB
Puff-Balls - 6 small jumps + UpB[Kirby anyway]
Pit - 3 to 4 mid sized jumps + UpB. This is more fitting for Pit flavorwise. When you think about it, the puff-balls get a crapload of short jumps because they use magic currents of air or something to puff around with. Whereas humanoid characters get one aerial jump to show they are super-human coolness.
If you watch the part where Pit and Metaknight jump at and away from each other,you see Pit to 3 midsize jumps,none of wich were and upB.He goes jump,attack,jump,attack,jump.

jazblack009

Smash Ace
Alpo said:
I don't think you'll see any neck breaking in a T-rated game. Sakurai sure as hell won't want Smash to be M-rated.
I don't think you're going to hear a neck breaking sound, but i still think snake will have the move, i mean lets think of a move that should be violent but is kept G rated in melee shall we?
Do peoples skin char black and fall of thier steaming bodies when Bowser does his b move? does Marths sword rip through opponents internal organs and splatter everwhere when he Fsmashes? does Link cut peoples feet off when he Dsmashes?

I think snake will do the move, but it'll just be the same affect as any other, a pow sound and light coming of it, thats all.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
OK, why do you people think certain characters will end up broken after watching such a cinematic trailer? for one thing, I don't think the moves have been finalised (except for returning characters which will probably remain the same in most ways) and none of the characters in ssbm ended up broken to any great degree, so why assume hal will mess things up for the sequel? They obviously know how to balance the characters already. Somebody said sheik is broken, but really, she can still be countered by some characters, it's not as if she's unbeatable or anything. ssbm had possibly the most balanced characters imaginable, if anything, they can only become more balanced, since hal can apply everything they learned from ssbm.

I also can't see many more 3rd party characters being added to the list, despite kojima proving how great an idea it is. Also, I know nintendo often aims their games at a younger audience, but come on, fart abilities? that is so very lame. I would like the ability to vote wario out of the game, big brother style.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Falco&Victory said:
If you watch the part where Pit and Metaknight jump at and away from each other,you see Pit to 3 midsize jumps,none of wich were and upB.He goes jump,attack,jump,attack,jump.
Well yea....but it was at a different camera angle, so those could be puff sized jumps, since they looked close to the distance of metaknight's jumps. Also, who knows if he had more. He might have just not used the other 2-3 puff jumps that he has, given he has the puff jump system.

anyway, Snake is probably the only 3rd party since his owner and Nintendo have a good relationship....or whatever they want to call it.

Unless Capcom starts "begging" like Hideo, then we might see Megaman or something...but I still doubt it.

supermarth101

Smash Rookie
Apøc` said:
Lies, Snake will own, no matter what, Close Quarters Combat for the win guys.

hell no,snake,i can tell sucks and i do not even now his moveset and i dont even know how much money nintendo pid sony just so they can get snake into SSBB.When i get SSBB the first character im gonna play with is pit and metaknight and i bet you know which opponent im gonnachoose,snake.Thats how much i do not like sony with some of there corny games

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
Well yea....but it was at a different camera angle, so those could be puff sized jumps, since they looked close to the distance of metaknight's jumps. Also, who knows if he had more. He might have just not used the other 2-3 puff jumps that he has, given he has the puff jump system.

anyway, Snake is probably the only 3rd party since his owner and Nintendo have a good relationship....or whatever they want to call it.

Unless Capcom starts "begging" like Hideo, then we might see Megaman or something...but I still doubt it.
They are not the same size as Metaknight jumps,beacause Metaknight was already in the air,so pit was catching up to him.You need to watch that part carefully.

EDIT:UPON FURTHER REVIEW,PIT DOES 4 JUMPS!!!HE GOES JUMP,ATTACK,JUMP,JUMP,ATACK,JUMP!!! They all look slightly higher and faster than puffball jumps.

F1reburN

Smash Cadet
I studied the video and it seems Kirby still has the same moves, I really hope they buff him a bit.

His Uair seemed improved?
His hammer seems the same? :(

The 2nd point could be proof that they aren't working on character balance at all.

Tomo

Smash Rookie
Pit: Pit's main weapon is his bow, which could be shot to the left, right and straight up.
In the 2006 E3 trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he is seen shooting arrows of light from a bow, which can be separated into two short blades. Most, if not all, of Pit's attacks and traits in Super Smash Bros. Brawl are based on his abilities in Kid Icarus and the legendary treasures he gains in each level which are used in the final level to greatly increase his power, such as the wings that allow him to fly.

Maybe the arrows are like the blue enegy balls from ness?

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_(Nintendo)

Tomo

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
supermarth101 said:
hell no,snake,i can tell sucks and i do not even now his moveset and i dont even know how much money nintendo pid sony just so they can get snake into SSBB.When i get SSBB the first character im gonna play with is pit and metaknight and i bet you know which opponent im gonnachoose,snake.Thats how much i do not like sony with some of there corny games
First of all, Nintendo didn't do anything. Kojima went to them and begged them to put Snake in.

Second of all, You hate Sony? Well, guess what, Snake doesn't belong to Sony. He belongs to Kojima Productions and they got him in the game. Also, Snake debuted on Nintendo(north america-wise).

dsk

Smash Cadet
ah
common misception
but I'm gonna to kick *** with metaknight ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom