• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that snake will probably either use a grappling hook (much as a real stealth kind of guy would) or maybe just have twoamazing regualr jumps and cut the third, while giving him sub-jumps to aid the recovery process.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Course not,they are completely different.Solid and Liquid are bothvery different in views of what is right and wrong.But,more than that,they were dubbed Liquid and Solid based on their fighting styles.

Link of Legend

Smash Rookie
I am looking foward to using Meta Knight I always have been a fan of the Kirby series and I always wanted to use a new character with a sword besides Link (never really cared for the sword charcters besides link, yes even marth escapes my careing)

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
On the subject of Snake replacing Falcon or being a Falcon clone or having Falcon moves.

It doesn't really make any sense. I can sort of see why he can be pictured with Falcon's moves...but come on, Snake has his own stuff to work with. I'd imagine he'd be quite an "explosive" character with hand to hand combat.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I think Snake will be a great character, cause when was the last time Nintendo massively screwed up with a SSB character? Maybe the character didn't end up being that great but they implemented all of them into a fighting game very well. It'd be cool if he was more of a tactics character rather than head on fighting. I'd imagine that some of his main items would become new stuff. Does anyone know if they will keep things like wavedash, and other almost glitch like things? Sorry if I'm misinformed, but is wavedash osmetihng they allowed purposely? or is it just a handy almost glitch, because if it was removed, that would sooo suck.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
mkmelee said:
I think Snake will be a great character, cause when was the last time Nintendo massively screwed up with a SSB character? Maybe the character didn't end up being that great but they implemented all of them into a fighting game very well. It'd be cool if he was more of a tactics character rather than head on fighting. I'd imagine that some of his main items would become new stuff. Does anyone know if they will keep things like wavedash, and other almost glitch like things? Sorry if I'm misinformed, but is wavedash osmetihng they allowed purposely? or is it just a handy almost glitch, because if it was removed, that would sooo suck.

They screwed up with pichu and game & watch.

.neo.

Smash Rookie
IMO Meta Knight and Pit look to be insanely good, i hope they balance it out somewhere. The only thing I can see is if they are lighter then a feather. As for Snake, maybe his special attack is to roll behind someone and silently snap their neck... or perhaps crawl into a box and age 20 years...

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
mkmelee said:
Everything points to them using the same engine, which means WDing shouldn't go anywhere.

Sensai

Smash Master
ArichTheViking said:
Everything points to them using the same engine, which means WDing shouldn't go anywhere.
The ONE reason why I wanna see Snake in the game: To see him WD.

RAWFUL.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere on this site. But since this is the official thread about CONFIRMED characters I'll just post it here.
The official site of Smash Brothers has updated. In the characters section it has new pictures from Meta-Knight and Pit. There still is Samus Wario and Snake left. We just have to wait for updates.

http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html

Sensai

Smash Master
HourglassMemory said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere on this site. But since this is the official thread about CONFIRMED characters I'll just post it here.
The official site of Smash Brothers has updated. In the characters section it has new pictures from Meta-Knight and Pit. There still is Samus Wario and Snake left. We just have to wait for updates.

Well, that's neat. I guess I'll just go ahead and

/bookmark

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Thanksfor the info. Keep those lazy Smashers on the forums (like myself) posted so we don't have to view any other websites....lol.

Sensai

Smash Master
TTemp said:
Thanksfor the info. Keep those lazy Smashers on the forums (like myself) posted so we don't have to view any other websites....lol.
Haha.

Laziness pays off now...why would we possibly wanna go off to OTHER SCARY websites when we have other people to fetch the news for us?

deathblazer

Smash Apprentice
HourglassMemory said:

Well thanks for the info.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Geno fans rejoice, and I will rephrase, apparently Geno is among the top 20 of characters requested on the Japanese poll, info from Wikipedia, hey, info is info.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Wikipedia is pretty **** strict. If information is found to be incorrect it's removed right away.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, but about three times so far, people have posted saying "Wikipedia says this," and then five minutes later they edit it with "Oh wait, it's not there anymore."

However, if people don't recheck, people just assume they're right.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Yeah, but about three times so far, people have posted saying "Wikipedia says this," and then five minutes later they edit it with "Oh wait, it's not there anymore."

However, if people don't recheck, people just assume they're right.

isint this off topic? it has nothing to do with confirmed characters.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Congratulations on getting even further on my bad side. Do you WANT me to ban your IP?

If people are going to start posting things from Wikipedia as credible, I'm going to continue to remind people that it's not, at least not completely.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

And by "appreciate it," I once again mean to cut it out or you'll end up banned again.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
actually changing some of the movesets would be kind of refreshing. i was thinking, what if they added more directional specific attacks. like instead of just down+B, perhaps down-forawrd+B could yield a different attack. But then i guess that would be too complicated, because smash is meant to be a simple fighter, even tho the game is so deep in its mechanics.

anyways, im for minor changes to the moveset, just...not drastic changes...i like nostalgia too ya know?

i also hope they dont take certain techniques out such as wavedashing and l-canceling.

But JmcShocker16, if they WERE to change mario's moveset, what would they change...like someone said before, i never woulda guessed "fire palm" for > Smash. alot of his moves are innovative suggesting they dont come from his previous games. So any new moves would be moves we've never seen before in the past...leaving endless possibilties for new moves/move changes.

But you know how in Smash64 there was no >B? but then in Smash Melee they put in >B? you think they might add something new like that in Smash Brawl? like...>A+B?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yes it wouldn't surprise me if they made more combo moves like A+B. And for me, I hope that they give the X or Y button a move too so we can use the other button for jumping and still have more moves :)

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
OH! i know!!! chargeble B moves...? perhaps...? no...? takes too much time...? i guess...no...

cuz like...i played smash melee before i played smash 64 and when i was trying to charge my smash attacks in the 64 i was like....what the heck...? i can't charge my smashes, hah hah!

the only character i know that has a "different" B move function is Samus' smash>B(super missile) opposed to the slower tilt>B(regular missle) perhaps they could do that for ALL the characters's B moves...

like Samus for example:
smash>B: super missile
smash/\B: higher screw attack(more powerful or swivelly moving, hah hah!)
smash\/B: power bomb

i dunno, just a thought...but perhaps that' be too complicated...

deathblazer

Smash Apprentice
kmkzSP1K3R said:
OH! i know!!! chargeble B moves...? perhaps...? no...? takes too much time...? i guess...no...

cuz like...i played smash melee before i played smash 64 and when i was trying to charge my smash attacks in the 64 i was like....what the heck...? i can't charge my smashes, hah hah!

the only character i know that has a "different" B move function is Samus' smash>B(super missile) opposed to the slower tilt>B(regular missle) perhaps they could do that for ALL the characters's B moves...

like Samus for example:

Just something all of us smashers should think about.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I think Samus' >B tit ability applied to all moves would probably be the only thing they could do to add more moves, but I think it's unnecessary.

Also, I want them to leave both X and Y as jump since most people use X to jump, but I use Y. So if they go with the general consensus that everybody uses X, they might change Y and I will have to relearn. :mad:
And I don't want to do that. :(

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
i actually wouldnt mind if they created moves for the X or Y buttons, just as long as they only chnage ONE of them and not BOTH, ONE of them(the X or Y) must be a jump button. and also let us configure which button does what, cuz not everone uses X to jump, like Greenmyst, so those who use Y to jump could configure their settings if something was applied to X. but i dont think they'll do anything with the X or Y cuz everyone has enough moves already imo.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
yeah, change one to a new moveset for every character, but give us the option to chose which is used. I use X to jump, but others do use Y. The extra moves could be, uhm..... more special moves. ^Y/X could be an alternate recovery.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
kmkzSP1K3R said:

like Samus for example:

This would not work. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom