• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath`

Smash Master
His FS, could be a ledgond of the first 150, but that would mostly be mewtwo, wich would mean theyd have to demote him. man this is confusing

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, I've got two ideas so that Mewtwo stays where he is at:

1. The same differently colored megabeam attack, with different effects and power for which one you used. Ivysaur does moderate damage and has the Lip's Stick effect, Charizard does high damage, but only has fire effects, and Squirtle's does low damage, but it freezes. OR!

2. You could summon one of the three birds, depending on which Pokemon you have out.

Squirtle=Articuno
Ivysaur=Zapdos
Charizard=Moltres

What they could do is up in the air for me. This is what I've got.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Cmon Xigbar was Cheap and you know it I still favor Psychic cuz in Blue/red M2 Pwned the whole ELite 4 w/ that move including Lance's 6 dragonites

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus: Casual smasher?
Yeah. I'd say so. Do I act that noobish?

I was trying to think of it more from Sakurai's perspective though (if such a thing can be done). As of right now, we still only know of 2 pokemon faces that we're gonna see on the select screen. If I were Sakurai, that wouldn't seem like enough to me. But among players, of course, he's regarded more as three characters. People are gonna talk about pwning with Ivysaur (for example) rather than PT.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well... so much for the Two-for-Tuesday deal we had going.

And it looks like Diddy Kong could actually turn out being our WTF character this time around. From the way he moves and attacks and the scenarios that his weapons cause... he's going to be some manic monkey.

I probably won't end up liking him. Which is sad, because I've wanted him in Smash since day one.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
yea, i scrolled down and saw that the Pit's Decent (which i dont think i commented yet: its pretty cool n Palutena looks awesome. Makes me believe more that there will be individual storylines: It only showed Pit, n i dont think Brawl is gonna end up doing a SA2 where u switch characters. Either that or because it only shows Pit's point-of-view of the story each character shares...but still Individual SE Storylines FTW.) video was under it. I was really hoping for a character update tonite (tho CFalcon or Ness or BOTH could wait later in the week XD). But Diddy's moves are alrite: the Peanut Pop Gun i have 1 question: does the explosion hurt u or only cause lag (i know the best answer is Damage, but i just got curious). The Rocket Barrel Boost: by sometimes does Sakurai mean randomly or it flies off at a specific time?(again just curious)

Shritistrang: at least a year!? wow, that sucks...n i thought i was the one dying of waiting...

anywayz: i just came to say, that with school starting, my time will be limited to Fridays after school and weekends (like most people). On special occasions (like when i get the chance i mean) i'll go on maybe before i go to school, or at nite like this (with which i should be sleeping now, but tomorrow's a Min. Day, so who gives a f***).

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

And it looks like Diddy Kong could actually turn out being our WTF character this time around. From the way he moves and attacks and the scenarios that his weapons cause... he's going to be some manic monkey.

I probably won't end up liking him. Which is sad, because I've wanted him in Smash since day one.
I know! That blows!

Yah, Diddy is our WTF character. G&W was the WTF character in Melee, right? And I wonder why he's a "manic monkey", eh? :chuckle:

I may or may not like him. But you all know what this really means, don't you? We have another character whose moveset we will never completely see on the Dojo. Joy...:urg:

Peanuts are yummy! :grin:

Such a shame I'll have to wait at least a year until I can play this game...
Yes, peanuts are yummy. But the important thing is, why won't you get the game for at least a year? And I have to agree with ylink. I thought I couldn't wait.

What happened is two for tuesday???MINDGAMES SAKURAI
Well, duh. Isn't that what he always does to us? Mindgames? Maybe he took my suggestion and made it two for Wednesday.

@Rhyme: You have? Sorry, I guess you just don't address me that much. What I should say, then, is that Dyce is the first person I remember getting my name right. Sorry!

@Dyce: Hey, did you ever get that "Sakurai's Birthday Card" thread to Sakurai?

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Yes, peanuts are yummy. But the important thing is, why won't you get the game for at least a year? And I have to agree with ylink. I thought I couldn't wait.
Because I don't have enough money to buy a Wii, and I will have to save some money for at least a year until I have enough. I just hope that by then, it will be sold bor a slightly lower price than now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Sorry, bud. :ohwell: I couldn't really care less about Diddy (personally speaking), but I know that such a scenario would disappoint quite a few people. He certainly seems eccentric; it will be quite interesting to see Diddy in action.

Seriously, why do we keep getting half-movesets? It's really bothersome.

yea, i scrolled down and saw that the Pit's Decent (which i dont think i commented yet: its pretty cool n Palutena looks awesome. Makes me believe more that there will be individual storylines: It only showed Pit, n i dont think Brawl is gonna end up doing a SA2 where u switch characters. Either that or because it only shows Pit's point-of-view of the story each character shares...but still Individual SE Storylines FTW.) video was under it. I was really hoping for a character update tonite (tho CFalcon or Ness or BOTH could wait later in the week XD). But Diddy's moves are alrite: the Peanut Pop Gun i have 1 question: does the explosion hurt u or only cause lag (i know the best answer is Damage, but i just got curious). The Rocket Barrel Boost: by sometimes does Sakurai mean randomly or it flies off at a specific time?(again just curious)
Pit's Descent just got me a heck of a lot more excited for Pit. Seeing him in action is exhilarating. :chuckle:

Methinks that a Popgun backfire will both damage AND cause lag. And I think that the Rocketbarrel Boost will misfire occasionally in the same way that Luigi Missile will randomly explode. Same concept.

EDIT: Character Update Thursday. CUT FTW. =P

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I believe that we mostly will get only two special moves for all newcomers, at lest for now. Pokémon Trainer was a special case, because of his three Pokémon. And Link, well, he's a veteran, and wouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone that his moves have turned out like this. Therefore, I assume: Veteran, four Special Moves Updates! Newcomer: two Special Moves Updates!

And I think that the Rocketbarrel Boost will misfire occasionally in the same way that Luigi Missile will randomly explode. Same concept.
I thought the rockets misfire when someone hits him while it's active...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
The DOJO said:
If you get attacked while riding your Rocketbarrel Blast, you’ll lose your barrels...and they can sometimes go flying away on their own.
I think the bolded statement means that they sometimes misfire... but it could just be an extension of the explanation of him losing the barrels when hit.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I think that Diddy kong is less of a WTF character and more an explosive one i mean his gun explodes!

And o look a healing move... (Sort of)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
yea, i scrolled down and saw that the Pit's Decent (which i dont think i commented yet: its pretty cool n Palutena looks awesome. Makes me believe more that there will be individual storylines: It only showed Pit, n i dont think Brawl is gonna end up doing a SA2 where u switch characters. Either that or because it only shows Pit's point-of-view of the story each character shares...but still Individual SE Storylines FTW.) video was under it.

I have a feeling that Adventure Mode will be taking that "SA2" approach (whatever game that is).
Take a look at how each individual update was set up, how it started, and how it ended.

1st Update- Mario and Kirby appear in a stadium, both trophies come to life.
(Level 1= Mario/Kirby vs Other)
Mario and Kirby stop fighting to shake hands...

2nd Update- ...Mario and Kirby are shaking hands, crowd applauding. Suddenly, Meta's ship arrives, the girls run down by the boys' side, Primid fall from the ship, all 4 get into battle positions...
(Level 2= Mario/Kirby/Peach/Zelda vs Primid)

3rd Update- ...Looking like they had just finished a battle, the four heroes regroup. The Ancient Minister comes down from above with two R.O.B.s and a big ol' Subspace bomb. Mario runs at the bomb, gets shot by a cannonball (?), flies away, Peach and Zelda get snatched up in cages by Petey Piranha, Kirby puts up his dukes...
(Level 3= Kirby vs Petey Piranha)
One of the damsels is rescued...

4th Update- ...Supspace bomb blowsdafukup inside the stadium, Pit gasps in dis while watching it on his fancy new HDTV with Direct TV. Palutena beckons him, gives him his bow, and sends him out the door where he swan dives backwards into the clouds, and continues to soar to the scene of the crime...
(Level 4(?) = Pit vs ???) (Possibly more Primid due to the screenshot in the "What is the Subspace Emmisary?" update.)

Then from that point on I imagine seeing Fox dogfighting with the Haliberd, crashlanding, and you playing with him; then Samus sees the whole thing from space and comes down to fight some guys; then while fighting in a field, Link and Yoshi notice the Haliberd and decide to put aside their differences to check that out. And so on and so forth...

I was really hoping for a character update tonite (tho CFalcon or Ness or BOTH could wait later in the week XD).

We really better get at least one character update this week. I'm going to go nuts if we don't. I swear I'm on the edge of my seat.

But Diddy's moves are alrite: the Peanut Pop Gun i have 1 question: does the explosion hurt u or only cause lag (i know the best answer is Damage, but i just got curious). The Rocket Barrel Boost: by sometimes does Sakurai mean randomly or it flies off at a specific time?(again just curious)

And I imagine the Pop Gun will hurt Diddy a little when it explodes, and there will be some major lag.
And also, he said that if Diddy's attacked while boosting they will fly off his shoulders, not just randomly.
I hope I was of any help there. ;)

@Dyce: Hey, did you ever get that "Sakurai's Birthday Card" thread to Sakurai?
Oh... ummm... nope. Cuz too many people decided to curse Sakurai off in it for it to be taken seriously anymore.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
snake unlockble,i remember snake was on the site,but removed for being a hidden character?,****,well thats only 50% true,and nintendo wouldnt spoil the surprise

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I hope I was of any help there. ;)

Oh... ummm... nope. Cuz too many people decided to curse Sakurai off in it for it to be taken seriously anymore.
I agree with your analysis of 1-P mode so far. Dunno about your predictions for the rest though.

Oh. That blows. But could you have gotten it to him?

But there's one flaw in your judgement: Fox's moves.
Double-post! Oh well. And yeah. We only got two of Fox's moves. However, he's remained the same, too.

Up-B

Over-B

...and B and Down-B haven't changed since Melee either.

Sorry, bud. :ohwell: I couldn't really care less about Diddy (personally speaking), but I know that such a scenario would disappoint quite a few people. He certainly seems eccentric; it will be quite interesting to see Diddy in action.

Pit's Descent just got me a heck of a lot more excited for Pit. Seeing him in action is exhilarating. :chuckle:

Methinks that a Popgun backfire will both damage AND cause lag. And I think that the Rocketbarrel Boost will misfire occasionally in the same way that Luigi Missile will randomly explode. Same concept.

EDIT: Character Update Thursday. CUT FTW. =P
I like Diddy Kong and am excited he made it into Brawl; however, I probably won't play him too much.

Half-movesets FTL.

Yah. I hope to see more of Pit in the future.

I agree about the Popgun. However, I don't think they'd give even the worst character a misfiring recovery move.

Diddy Kong theory: grabs with his tail, which can be used as a tether recovery.

...Cut? Huh?

Because I don't have enough money to buy a Wii, and I will have to save some money for at least a year until I have enough. I just hope that by then, it will be sold bor a slightly lower price than now.
Oh, man, that sucks. Sorry.

Probably the lowest the game will have gone by then is forty bucks.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
double post lol, and yea, he did forget fox...
Shhhh! Don't tell them all I double posted... Crap they're on to me! :scared:

And Snake was never "removed" per se. He was just never updated on the new site since it was remade. Yes, he will be in the game, and yes he will eventually be unlockable. But don't worry, he's definitely in the game if that's what you're scared of.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I agree about the Popgun. However, I don't think they'd give even the worst character a misfiring recovery move.

Diddy Kong theory: grabs with his tail, which can be used as a tether recovery.

...Cut? Huh?
But it appears as though they have! Diddy's Rocketbarrel Boost will misfire occasionally, leaving him kinda screwed. (Although the barrels seem to have missile potential...).

I dunno about his tail being a TR (TR! Like Theodore Roosevelt! I <3 him), but it's a possibility. I just don't see how one would execute that--unless Diddy grabbed with his tail; it is prehensile, dontchaknow. ;)

CUT = Character Update Thursday. Acronyms are fun. Sakurai loves CUT-ing! He's a CUT-er, definitely. Some people think it's a problem, but I don't really see it as unhealthy. :chuckle:

(I kind of feel bad for gently making fun of intentional self-injuries brought on by depression with my witty wordplay...). :confused:

IC3R

Smash Lord
Does anyone else think that Fox looks like a total doofus now?:confused:

He had an actual fox-like face in Melee, and now this?
-->

W...T...F...?:confused:

Poor Fox isn't bad-azz looking anymore...wah...

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

-->

I kinda think that his new look is better than the older one. :/

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^^^ HAHA He Got a Facial and Came Out WOrse LOLZ if Falco isnt gonna be i the game then this is fair Retribution I say...If he is gonna be in the game....HAHA

Stryks

Smash Hero

-->

Ur late by IDK what 10 months?

Fox looks awesome, the thing is where used to melee Fox, this new change shocked us all but now many have acepted the new look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom