• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I know, but that's my point. How would they possibly do that? They shouldn't give each Pokemon a different FS. That'd be sort of cheap. What if the trainer sent out a Rayquaza to scorch the battle field, or something like that?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
They shouldn't give each Pokemon a different FS. That'd be sort of cheap.
How so?

It's been speculated that PT may summon up a different pokemon like Mewtwo or something. That's a possibility. But I find it more likely that each pokemon would indeed have their own Final Smashes. I'm really thinking Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and. . . the grass one. >_>

Repryx

Smash Champion
Smashbot Fails...I dont think they'd give each Pokemon a FS for space memory purposes however

EDIT:pkmnRanger Fails as well

smashbot226

Smash Master
That's rough, man.

And the grass one is Plant Frenzy. Furthermore, I'd agree with NRC. It could be the basically same giant beam attack, except with a different elemental alignment with it. Like Charizard would burn, Squirtle would freeze, and Ivysaur would have the Lip's Stick effect.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's rough, man.

And the grass one is Plant Frenzy.
Ah, thank you. "Frenzy" kept coming to mind, but I couldn't remember the whole thing.

Furthermore, I'd agree with NRC. It could be the basically same giant beam attack, except with a different elemental alignment with it. Like Charizard would burn, Squirtle would freeze, and Ivysaur would have the Lip's Stick effect.
Oooo, that's an interesting idea. I never knew what any of them were like other than Hydro Cannon. Seems logical to me, as long as the after effects wear off somewhat quickly. I'd think the damage done by the blast itself would be pretty substantial as it is.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm going to pick up Squirtle in Withdraw mode and throw him off stage, like a green shell.
Grabbing him would be like grabbing Melee Yoshi out of his eggroll. Squirtle would "withdraw" from the shell and be held in a grab animation. There's no way you could re-direct his attack like you're suggesting.

PT's FS...why not...Mewtwo? It's been suggested before so I know that I'm not alone in saying this. Mewtwo would be returned to his pre-balancing developmental stage, otherwise known as rectifying his former glory, and the player will be allowed to control him, just like a normal playable character, until he dies. Mewtwo is not allowed to recover and the player will be left with the three 'basic' Poke'mon once more.

EDIT:

P.S. Why do we never get the updates we want on the Dojo?

Master Chief, no Ness, Chuck Norris, no Dark Samus, no new character update, new music, no Wavedashing STOP!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not Mewtwo. Somebody who wasn't in Melee...

Rayquaza? He seems the only reasonable one. Sure, you can't control him, but he flies around the stage scorching the battlefield.
The thing Rayquaza is missing is not ultimate power: it's generation continuity. Pokémon Trainer is the male protagonist of the FireRed / LeafGreen games, meaning that he represents the original 151 Pokémon (essentially). Yes, the aforementioned games added onto the original Red / Blue (/ Green) design, but the basics are still there. PT uses the three RBY starters; it would only make sense, then, for PT to use a RBY Legendary as his FS, and Mewtwo is the most logical candidate.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Better yet... what's PKMN Trainer's FS? There are three pokemon, so how would THAT work?

Also, most likely for Ike's, he'd probably perform a spiraling dive with fire effects.
Pokémon Trainer's Final Smash: Catch another fighter and control them until they're KO'd.

nutchucks

Smash Rookie
Anybody else think Diddy Kong is the single most awesome new character? I was seriously telling all my friends that he would make it into the game, but they didn't believe me. And now my prayers have been answered. Cartwheel for the win!!!

nutchucks

Smash Rookie
Man, Diddy Kong was the only new character announced that I actually wanted to play simply for who he is. All the others look like they're gonna be pretty good fighters so they'd be a natural choice to play as. But Diddy Kong is gonna be sweet regardless of how good he is. He's been one of my favorite characters ever since elementary school. Now the only character I'm really hoping for is Waluigi.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Man, Diddy Kong was the only new character announced that I actually wanted to play simply for who he is. All the others look like they're gonna be pretty good fighters so they'd be a natural choice to play as. But Diddy Kong is gonna be sweet regardless of how good he is. He's been one of my favorite characters ever since elementary school. Now the only character I'm really hoping for is Waluigi.
I could say the same thing about Pokemon Trainer. :grin:

saberhof

Smash Master
Pokemon trainer hmm...um Pokemon trainer wouldnt have a final smash, i think many of us can logically think that its the Pokemon who would have the Final smashes...even if Pokemon trainer is the character.

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
I cant wait to play with PT. That made my day when I saw that. The final smash should be different with each pokemon like blast burn, hydro cannon, frenzy plant

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Here's my take on the whole PT FS situation:

1) If the FS goes straight to PT and is going to give him another pokemon, I'm going to have to side with Aeris and say that it will be from gen1. Most likely it will be the legendary Mewtwo, one of the three legendary birds to fly around and obliterate the field (Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres), one of the few pokemon who were powerful enough to contend against the ultimates on pure skill alone (like Alakazam or Gengar), or the ultimate and only dragon type from gen1: Dragonite.

~or~

2) If the FS goes straight to :007:/:002:/:006: and every pokemon in PT's arsenal gets their own personal FS, then you'd have to go with Hydro Pump/Hydro Cannon for :007:, Solar Beam/Frenzy Plant for :002:, and Fire Blast/Blast Burn for :006:.

EDIT:
P.S.- I love those smileys!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Grabbing him would be like grabbing Melee Yoshi out of his eggroll. Squirtle would "withdraw" from the shell and be held in a grab animation. There's no way you could re-direct his attack like you're suggesting.

PT's FS...why not...Mewtwo? It's been suggested before so I know that I'm not alone in saying this. Mewtwo would be returned to his pre-balancing developmental stage, otherwise known as rectifying his former glory, and the player will be allowed to control him, just like a normal playable character, until he dies. Mewtwo is not allowed to recover and the player will be left with the three 'basic' Poke'mon once more.

EDIT:

P.S. Why do we never get the updates we want on the Dojo?

Master Chief, no Ness, Chuck Norris, no Dark Samus, no new character update, new music, no Wavedashing STOP!
True. That's pretty much what I thought. No shell tossing of Squirtle.

Wait wait wait. Are you saying you want Master Chief in Brawl? 'Cause...no. Dark Samus, sure. But no Master Chief.

Not Mewtwo. Somebody who wasn't in Melee...

Rayquaza? He seems the only reasonable one. Sure, you can't control him, but he flies around the stage scorching the battlefield.
...don't maim me, but who's Rayquaza?

pokemon trainer's final smash should be tons of different pokemon rushing the stage.
That would be cool, but unlikely.

Anybody else think Diddy Kong is the single most awesome new character? I was seriously telling all my friends that he would make it into the game, but they didn't believe me. And now my prayers have been answered. Cartwheel for the win!!!
He was one of the most wanted, and Sakurai really wanted him in, i think. Good on ya.

I could say the same thing about, oh I dunno, LINK!

And Waluigi FTL. He won't make it in. He's never had his own game, he's not nearly as popular as Wario, and frankly, he would suck. We already have Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Maybe Waluigi in the next one. But not this time around.

Here's my take on the whole PT FS situation:

1) If the FS goes straight to PT and is going to give him another pokemon, I'm going to have to side with Aeris and say that it will be from gen1. Most likely it will be the legendary Mewtwo, one of the three legendary birds to fly around and obliterate the field (Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres), one of the few pokemon who were powerful enough to contend against the ultimates on pure skill alone (like Alakazam or Gengar), or the ultimate and only dragon type from gen1: Dragonite.

~or~

2) If the FS goes straight to :007:/:002:/:006: and every pokemon in PT's arsenal gets their own personal FS, then you'd have to go with Hydro Pump/Hydro Cannon for :007:, Solar Beam/Frenzy Plant for :002:, and Fire Blast/Blast Burn for :006:.

EDIT:
P.S.- I love those smileys!
Dyce, you make me laugh..."I love those smileys!" LOL

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
...don't maim me, but who's Rayquaza?

I'm definitely seeing this guy as a summonable Pokemon.

And Waluigi FTL. He won't make it in. He's never had his own game, he's not nearly as popular as Wario, and frankly, he would suck. We already have Mario, Luigi, and Wario. Maybe Waluigi in the next one. But not this time around.

I agree 100%. Keep up the hate! And here's to the hopes that Waluigi won't make it into "Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games" either! :bigthumbu Huzzah!

Dyce, you make me laugh..."I love those smileys!" LOL
And don't laugh at my ideas! I wath being thuper theriouth!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
And don't laugh at my ideas! I wath being thuper theriouth!
Thanks for the pic. But what's he do?

Waluigi probably will make it into M&SatOG, actually. He's been in pretty much everything else...Mario Karts, Mario Partys, Mario sporting events such as Tennis and Strikers...I'm willing to bet he'll be in M&SatOG (from now on, just M&S).

I wasn't laughing at your ideas. I was laughing with your ideas.

Huh?:confused:

Fawriel

Smash Master
All right then. Why does he look like...oh, whatitsname? Uh...uh...uh...Steelix! Or Onyx! Whichever of them is the second Pokémon in Poké Floats. How come he looks like them?
Same designer.

Anyway!

I doubt it'll be Rayquaza. That thing's too specific to the Ruby/Sapphire storyline... yes, that game had a plot and stuff.
If he summons a legendary, it should be something more neutral so it could rep the whole series. Probably Mew.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Same designer.

Anyway!

I doubt it'll be Rayquaza. That thing's too specific to the Ruby/Sapphire storyline... yes, that game had a plot and stuff.
If he summons a legendary, it should be something more neutral so it could rep the whole series. Probably Mew.
All right...all right...what does Mew do, then? When you summon it in Melee, it blows, so it's gotta be better than that.

Remember, I know nothing about Pokémon, excpet what I learned from playing Pikcahu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo in Melee. Save your assassination until I ask the same question multiple times.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Or, like I said previously, it could be the same giant beam attack, except with each Pokemon, there could be different effects. Like Charizard's could burn, Squirtle's could freeze, and Ivysaur's could have the Lip's Stick effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom