• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
when Yoshi got a Blue Shell in her mouth in Super Mario World (SNES) she got wings. thats wut her FS is based on. the fire is from when she swallows a Red Shell. theres a Yellow Shell that makes stomp really hard on the ground, but im not sure if thats in the FS, cuz it doesnt say...
anywayz: im pretty sure Yoshi could Glide during the FS. she has wings u know...

EDIT: oh nvm. Twilight got to it first XD. yea Yellow Shell Stomp would be hella pwnage hahaha. Yoshi is a dinosaur, im not sure why Sakurai named the FS Super Dragon...but the wings do make it look angelic hahaha.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Guys what would you do if Sakurai introduced Chuck NOrris as the Newcomer tomorrow? would you still buy Brawl?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I keep seeing you everywhere i go, anyway IMO charizard's upb should be seismic toss and i think it would function similarily to C. Falcons but he would do a flip after he grabs someone and throws them straight down.
Dude. I SO just posted that. Give credit where it's due, huh? :ohwell:

I like the Aeris' idea of Squirtle's B being Bubblebeam.

EDIT:
And the downward Seismic Toss is a nasty move idea.
Thanks! They seem to be using "intermediate" level attacks (i.e. Flamethrower instead of Ember / Fire Spin, Withdraw instead of Defense Curl), so I chose Bubblebeam over Bubble. Seismic Toss would be downright evil, but I think it's a possibility.

Charge missile wouldn't be unfair in the least. Chargable attacks are balanced because they are slow. I don't see anyone complaining about Samus' charge attack. Why would you use a missile which you can't move while charging when you could use a charge shot that can be charged and unleashed at a whim?
I can't find Aeris' original post but that IS a good idea. I guess it would be a less laggy version of Bowser's neutralB?

And Dyce, since you asked, I will be studying in VT, just north of Lake Champlain. If anybody lives in this general area, I'd love to get together and smash sometime. I've settled into my aunt's house for the night. Can't make any promises for when I'll be on next.

P.S. Is Yoshi granted the ability of "free flight" while using his FS?
Charge Missile would be a great addition for Samus! I could definitely see it working like in the Prime series.

Have fun in VT! I dunno how close BU is to where you are, but if I transfer there in January (fingers crossed!), then we should Smash it up. :grin:

Yes, Yoshi appears to be granted free flight while in Super Dragon mode.

And here's my original post from about 3 (?) pages back:

"Squirtle B: Bubblebeam - Squirtle sprays a flurry of bubbles in a pattern similar to Toad's spores. The jet is more horizontally-oriented for a little, then spreads out vertically.

Ivysaur SideB: Leaf Blade - Ivysaur slashes forward with his leaves; can be used twice in a row, slicing once with each leaf.

Charizard UpB: Seismic Toss - Charizard uses his wings to propel himself upward. If Charizard connects with an opponent while flying upward, he grabs them (akin to CF's UpB) and launches them directly toward the ground."

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
when Yoshi got a Blue Shell in her mouth in Super Mario World (SNES) she got wings. thats wut her FS is based on. the fire is from when she swallows a Red Shell. theres a Yellow Shell that makes stomp really hard on the ground, but im not sure if thats in the FS, cuz it doesnt say...
anywayz: im pretty sure Yoshi could Glide during the FS. she has wings u know...

EDIT: oh nvm. Twilight got to it first XD. yea Yellow Shell Stomp would be hella pwnage hahaha. Yoshi is a dinosaur, im not sure why Sakurai named the FS Super Dragon...but the wings do make it look angelic hahaha.
HE! HE! Yoshi is a BOY!

...in Brawl. There are females. But in SSB/M/B...HE'S A BOY!

And, that's right biatch! You'd best give me credit for my posts! BIATCH!

Guys what would you do if Sakurai introduced Chuck NOrris as the Newcomer tomorrow? would you still buy Brawl?
Sure I'd buy it. But I would be upset that a character slot was wasted on such a stupid idea. No offense.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
HE! HE! Yoshi is a BOY!

...in Brawl. There are females. But in SSB/M/B...HE'S A BOY!
I think of Yoshi as a male too, but I think it's debatable whether the one in Smash is a boy or a girl. It's not like you see Yoshi's. . . ahem, "third leg".

>_>

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sakurai says he's a boy. Sakurai's word is law.
He does? Oh, wait, he called Yoshi a boy in Yoshi's update, didn't he? That seems familiar now. Still, I think you could make the argument that only the green one is definitively male. I mean, he could change to a female Yoshi in a different color costume. Kind of like how Popo and Nana switch places in their alt costumes, or how Pokemon Trainer has been speculated to have a female alt costume.

Yeah, well, who wants that in Smash Bros.? It's rated T, that's as high as I want it to go!
Hey, I'm sure there's an audience for it. But yeah, the less Yoshi equipment I see, the better. I don't need a character as adorable as that to be tainted.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
YOSHI HAS A THIRD LEG?!

Oh, it's his tail, duh.

Anywho, I'm sick of Metaknight being an example or in screenshots, because that makes me think he's not a starter.

You know who I think should be the example?! GO ON, GUESS!!

nuro

Smash Lord
I think its stupid how only sheik and ganondorf are on the semi confirmed.

Who is air-jumping into the brawl this time? It should be obvious.

Luigi- No explanation needed.

Captain Falcon- Come on Samurai Goro's assist trophy didn't tell you this?

Ganondorf- Well he is already on the semi confirmed list. But its is possible someone will be using his old moves. MacRider? BlackShadow?

Ness/Lucas- Franklin Badge gives us undeniable proof that Ness will be returning but if not then Lucas will definitely be the new Ness.

Sheik- We already saw Zelda use Din's fire just like it was in SSBM why wouldn't they return all of her moves? Besides the Zelda/Sheik thing is just too unique.

JigglyPuff- Jigglypuff is by far too unique a character. Being the most floaty and at the same time having the very powerful rest move. Jigglypuff is just part of the smashbros formula.

The rest are characters that are doubtful and shouldn't be semi-confrimed. Nontheless they still have superb chances of making it.

Falco- Fox's Rival? Friend? Either way Fox's Partner just holds too much priority for him not to be in the brawl.

IceClimbers- Come on its 2 characters in one! This screams "Uniqueness".

Pichu/Pulse&Minum- Pichu was slightly unique in the sense that it did itself damage when using electric moves. Pichu was also very small and fast. Will it be returning? Doubtful. But Pulse and Minum would sure make an excellent alternative. I mean its like Iceclimbers except they give/take different percent damage. Awesome?

Mewtwo/Lucario- Both the "badass" Pokemon characters? Well who knows if Mewtwo will return.. Will Lucario take some of Mewtwo's oldmoves? AuraSphere=ShadowBall?

Marth- Mr. FireEmblem? His all out swordstyle technique is very unique. He is a character that is nimble and yet has very great close up range. It would be hard not to see him or an alternative character without his SSBM moveset. Will he return with his sword in hand?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Captain Falcon- Come on Samurai Goro's assist trophy didn't tell you this?
No. The fact that he's a veteran smasher with a unique moveset did. Samurai Goroh has nothing to do with the Captain's chances of being in Brawl, the same way Nintendog, the Sim City guy, nor any other assist trophy boosts a characters chances.

Ness/Lucas- Franklin Badge gives us undeniable proof that Ness will be returning but if not then Lucas will definitely be the new Ness.
You say that the badge is "undeniable proof" that Ness will return, then immediately say that Lucas has a chance of replacing him. Contradiction much?

Sheik- We already saw Zelda use Din's fire just like it was in SSBM why wouldn't they return all of her moves?
I'm not going to go too deep into the Sheik business AGAIN, but I will say that move changes are nowhere near unlikely. Din's Fire doesn't confirm Zelda turning into Sheik in any way. It kind of almost implies it, but even that is certainly up for debate. Also, Sheik may return without even being connected to Zelda. For all we know, she might be her own character.

Besides the Zelda/Sheik thing is just too unique.
Not with Pokemon Trainer in the picture. :ohwell:

roy_owns

Smash Lord
No. The fact that he's a veteran smasher with a unique moveset did. Samurai Goroh has nothing to do with the Captain's chances of being in Brawl, the same way Nintendog, the Sim City guy, nor any other assist trophy boosts a characters chances.
I don't agree with that and I bet I can get alot of people on my side with that. We never considered CF on the SC list until the Samurai Goroh update

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^I already knew CF Kneed Sakurai a third time to be in Brawl so Im not on your Side...sorry

"Show me your Moves"

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't agree with that and I bet I can get alot of people on my side with that. We never considered CF on the SC list until the Samurai Goroh update
Maybe so, but why? I know you could get a lot of people on your side; I've seen several people who are convinced that Goroh heightens Captain Falcon's chances. But WHY?

Why does Goroh improve Captain Falcon's chances when a character like Dr. Wright doesn't improve a Sim City character's chances? We don't consider the Devil or nintendog as hints towards characters, so why should Goroh be any different?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Because who could honestly be worthy to fight in Brawl from SimCity?
Well, would Captain Falcon be seen as a worthy fighter for Brawl had he not been in the previous Smashes? I mean yeah, he's an obvious choice now, but if he hadn't been in 64 or Melee, people would not be so keen to think he's a playable character. He is, after all, "just a racer".

Goroh, on his own, doesn't make Captain Falcon more obvious. He's just obvious to begin with, and Goroh doesn't hinder his chances.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I have to disagree with you, roy_owns. He's as good as confirmed. He has been in the last two games, and his rival does not guarantee his inclusion. The fact that he's a well-known and well-loved character is what guarantees his inclusion. Saying Samurai Goroh means CF's in is like saying Knuckle Joe guarantees King Dedede's inclusion, or having Andross as an AT makes it incredibly likely that Falco will return or Wolf or Krystal will find his/her way in. ATs aren't what confirm characters; it's renown and veteranarianism (made-up word...I think...) that guarantee their confirmation.

Besides...
"To whom would we then show our moves?"
Dunno who said it; I saw it a while back. Anyway, it's true. It would be tyranny and treason to remove the Captain. SSB is not the same without him. CF will make his return, and it will be a glorious and dramatic one.

Wow...and I don't even like CF that much...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Not to mention the fact that C. Falcon has appeared in the first two smash games which is why Goroh is a good indicator of why he should return.
No it's not.

The fact that Captain Falcon has seniority and a unique moveset makes him likely to begin with. I don't see how Goroh helps his chances.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
No it's not.

The fact that Captain Falcon has seniority and a unique moveset makes him likely to begin with. I don't see how Goroh helps his chances.
Good point. It doesn't.

That makes more sense. It's just that we saw an AT from F-Zero and automatically assumed OMG Captain Falcon is in.
Yes. But there's no way he's not, so...

Guys goroh symbol is that of C. falcons, just like knuckle joes is that of kirbys, hey kirby is in brawl! Get it? good...
What? No way! Kirby can't make it! They could never give him a moveset!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Guys goroh symbol is that of C. falcons, just like knuckle joes is that of kirbys, hey kirby is in brawl! Get it? good...
To me, that just means that Captain Falcon's symbol was there to be used, so they gave it to Goroh. The same way Kirby's symbol was there to be used, so they gave it to Knuckle Joe. It's not because Knuckle Joe makes Kirby more likely than he was to begin with, he just happens to be from a franchise with a playable character—so there's a symbol.

I still don't see how Goroh himself makes Captain Falcon closer to being confirmed.

Repryx

Smash Champion
twilight_hero;2832398 [B said:
incredibly likely that Falco will return ... [/B]
FALCO???? WHERE????

Besides...
"To whom would we then show our moves?"

To Goroh when he is swinging his sword @ you (He reminds me of Yajirobe offa DBZ)

Dunno who said it; I saw it a while back. Anyway, it's true. IT WAS ME!!!! How you like that Hadouken Spin roy_owns???

It would be tyranny and treason to remove the Captain. SSB is not the same without him. CF will make his return, and it will be a glorious and dramatic one.

Agreed
Wow...and I don't even like CF that much...

But you LOVE the nipple caps
........wow that was a first

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
To me, that just means that Captain Falcon's symbol was there to be used, so they gave it to Goroh. The same way Kirby's symbol was there to be used, so they gave it to Knuckle Joe. It's not because Knuckle Joe makes Kirby more likely than he was to begin with, he just happens to be from a franchise with a playable character—so there's a symbol.

I still don't see how Goroh himself makes Captain Falcon closer to being confirmed.
I get what your saying, we shouldn't assume a character is in because of an item from their series but on their seniority and unique movesets.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I get what your saying, we shouldn't assume a character is in because of an item from their series but on their seniority and unique movesets.
Yup, basically.

I just don't think Assist Trophies foreshadow playable characters.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well but it doesnt confirm metaknight or Kirby cuz we knew he was there to begin with....

CF was an original unlockable w/ a unique moveset & strong fanbase...Simply the fact that he was an original/vet for Melee confirms him

You get CENA COMBOED

Repryx

Smash Champion
What the h&ll did you do to my post? You screwed up the quote! And you stole the Hadouken Spin! I will keelhaul you, biatch!
NOOOOO I was simply commenting on certain areas without doin all the qute tag **** and as for the Hadouken spin I was saying you Hadouken SPinned r_o with the statement please dont Hadouken Spin me........Or Imma Tiger uppercut yo @$$ lolz

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Twilight_Hero, I was reffering to Zelda as the example. She deserves it.

HEY! Could some1 make me a Zelda-video sig?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
NOOOOO I was simply commenting on certain areas without doin all the qute tag **** and as for the Hadouken spin I was saying you Hadouken SPinned r_o with the statement please dont Hadouken Spin me........Or Imma Tiger uppercut yo @$$ lolz
Oh, fine.

Twilight_Hero, I was reffering to Zelda as the example. She deserves it.

HEY! Could some1 make me a Zelda-video sig?
Oh...You're right.
H3ll, I just wanna have a better sig with my own custom picture design...or my own custom avatar (how do you get one of those, BTW?). I don't know how to do the Zelda vid sig.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Oh, fine.

Oh...You're right.
H3ll, I just wanna have a better sig with my own custom picture design...or my own custom avatar (how do you get one of those, BTW?). I don't know how to do the Zelda vid sig.
Custom avatar=Premium membership and I knew you'd be scared of/annoyed by the Tiger uppercut....everyone is

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why is everyone seeming so negative? Falcon WILL be in the game. He has no reason not to be. Should I mention what the F-Zero symbol for the game is? It's a FALCON. Derrr.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why is everyone seeming so negative? Falcon WILL be in the game. He has no reason not to be. Should I mention what the F-Zero symbol for the game is? It's a FALCON. Derrr.
I don't think anyone really doubts his inclusion. We were just kind of squabbling over how much Goroh as an assist trophy affects his chances.

And now we're not. >_>

Repryx

Smash Champion
So what's a premium membership? Do you have to pay?

And I can block the Tiger Uppercut with my Hylian Shield. Then I'd Shield Attack you and use the Hadouken Spin.
a Premium membership lets you be a giant among men basically yes you do have to play but sometimes gideon lets u win 'em in a contest...any way if your gonna sheild then Imma stand back and use TIGER and the crouching TIGER for the duration of the match till you get mad and approach me at which point I will do a crouching TIGER and you will jump....as soon as you do TIGER UPPERCUT TIGER KNEE TIIIIIGEERRRR GENOCIDE victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom