• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Samus Main

Hive

Smash Lord
speaking of confessions... how the hell does she fit into that morph ball...
and if she changes her shape what does she look like... I mean she'd have to look like jigglypuff or something right?

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
and if she changes her shape what does she look like... I mean she'd have to look like jigglypuff or something right?
I'm not sure if this is actually how it works or not, but its my idea on the matter.
When activating her morph ball, her body and the majority of her armour is transformed into energy. A small portion of armour, in the shape of a sphere, remains in order contain her energy. You're able to see said energy in the Prime games' version of her morph ball.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I've lost to a Jigglypuff once, I wasn't warmed up or anything but you just need to play more defensively.. which is beginning to seem the case for many of Samus's matchups, which bores me to death..

My confession for today is that my Samus sucks right now, I lost to ChomePirate's peach once or twice I think (even if I did win, it felt like I lost).
Ya, my peach is pretty bad tho

Julz

Smash Apprentice
I have Samus as a backup becuz she's so darn HOT in her Zero Suit!:love:
errrrr...I JUST KICK <BEHINDS> WITH HER!!:p
You couldn't troll in the Zamus forums so you decided to do it here. Ugh.

As for my confession, I too have lost to Jiggz. **** WoP.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I have mained Samus since N64 days maybe because she was only female character in that game unless you count Jigglypuff, or maybe because of my love of Metriod games.

Hive

Smash Lord
I think like 99% of the samus mains here her because they love metroid ^^
...which is pretty kwl! I guess you'd sorta have to to stick with her in brawl right?
anyways, would it be out of place to ask what people's fave metroid moments and bosses are... I'm way interested!

Echo_0

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that's the biggest reason I use her in all the smash bros games. I also think her armor is sick!

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
"Crazy a$$ white girls." That is all.

Excellence

Smash Champion
My confession is that I only main Samus when someone says that I play her very well, after I've just won two or three matches against her. If she does poor, well, I don't main her. >_>

my confession is that I made "pew pew" sounds when firing samus' missiles once... I'm so ashamed.
I only main Samus because it was a code-name for this girl "Sarah" in my ultimately nerdy Brawl metaphor applied to girls in my life.

For example if I can't talk to her or it's really hard to get her to open up I'd say

Dude I can't approach Samus, her spacing is godlike and I keep getting brickwalled by missiles and zairs.

If it wasn't for Sarah I wouldn't have mained Samus. :urg:
I have to try this! You should call her Zamus and say she's spamming Neutral B and Down Smash so you can't get near her. =]

Neither does the rest of her suit. Watch the cutscenes in the Subspace Emissary. The thing looks like it ran out of batteries.
Lmfao. It's called the powersuit for a reason, so without power they gave us Zero Suit. I guess they used the batteries to power ROB. If you want proof, look on his head you'll see two batteries that clearly belong to Samus.

I play snake, zelda, and marth as secondaries....:(
I lost to a Jigglypuff. This was Basic Brawl, mind you, and Ike was being stupid because he was busy attacking me instead of Jigglypuff. I still cannot comprehend how people can be so dull-witted when they know that Jigglypuff is going to use its Rollout, but remains busy fighting someone else instead of Jigglypuff. Don't they realize that they're going to be KO'd?
For shame. *Wacks you with a rolled up newspaper* Seriously though, some Jigglypuffs are very talented. We've all had our close run-ins with Puffmama'.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
...which is pretty kwl! I guess you'd sorta have to to stick with her in brawl right?
anyways, would it be out of place to ask what people's fave metroid moments and bosses are... I'm way interested!
Favorite moment: In MP:3C, during the second encounter with the Steamlord. On the broken bridge over Skytown, if you run past the Steamlord and Steambots, you can use your grapple beam to destroy the bridge behind you which causes all the Steambots and the Steamloard to fall into the abyss. After that, Samus walks away like a badass and you are awarded with "Stylish Kill".

Favorite boss: It's gotta be Thardus from MP. The boss fight felt so real, especially when the snowstorm comes in, hindering your vision. Snow was literally everywhere and Thardus' attacks seemed realistic, as did his attack pattern. I also liked the fact that if you sequence break and collect the Plasma Beam before fighting Thardus, he actually dies faster like it were a real weakness.

Hive

Smash Lord
"Crazy a$$ white girls." That is all.
LOL

And to answer my own question... my fave moment and boss:
favorite bosses: yea, its either got to be The larval form of Chykka (MP2), or Kraid! I'm still mad that they edited kraid out of metroid prime... it would have been so cool if he showed up in phazon mines! I'm still surprised they haven't put him in anything recently.. ;_(
fave moment: In metroid II, after you beat metroid queen and the hatchling follows you around and eats stuff.... its just so **** cute! plus the music rocks.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
For shame. *Wacks you with a rolled up newspaper* Seriously though, some Jigglypuffs are very talented. We've all had our close run-ins with Puffmama'.
Keep in mind that there was an Ike player who was just picking on me and not bothering with Jigglypuff. I d-aired that Jigglypuff. She would just fly toward me, wait for me to do something and then run off and come back. Jigglypuff is a master at baiting. I gave it a vulgar name, though. The name "Jiggly" remains, but be imaginative about what rhymes with "guts."

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I just recently lost to a Bowser.... D= It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Off Topic:
I guess I'll follow the flow...

Favorite Moment: My first time encountering the SA-X from Metroid: Fusion. It struck a fear in my stomach like no other.... I only wish I can inflict that same fear upon other people with Samus. XD

Favorite Boss: Hm.... I can't say I really have a favorite, so I'll just throw Omega Pirate out there. Taking on that beast and 3 other special Pirates (forgot what they're called) on Hard takes some serious skill. Goes to show how much Samus owns.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I've lost to a Bowser, but it was ToiletHumor (highly ranked on SBR and AiB i think).

Another confession - I don't play Metroid games.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Once, i almost(seriously, this - - close 3rd match, won first lost 2nd) lost to a Sonic player at my 2nd tournament. i had to win by timer. it was an unsatisfying victory.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Favourite Moment: Cant pick just one. In SM when the gigantic metroid comes in and saves your life. Prime 100% ending, seeing an armoured arm reach out of the phazon pool with an eyeball on the hand. Im MP3C, after being heavily corrupted and looking at Samus' face in the reflection of her scan visor. Just to name a few.

Favourite Boss: Rundas, Meta Ridley, Thardus, Quadraxis, MP3C Dark Samus, Metroid Prime(core).

Julz

Smash Apprentice
Favourite moment: In MP3, When Samus encounters Omega Ridley as he destroys an entire tower and when he pursued samus as she attempted to sneak past him using the morph ball. It felt like he was playing a more active role as commander of the space pirates as opposed to the fleeing in MP1 or hiding deep beneath the planet's surface where it's safe.
The Super Metroid scene comes close, I seriously thought I was screwed when I first fought mother brain. After beating the game, I played it all over again with as few energy tanks as I could just so that the Super Metroid wouldn't take so **** long healing me and run away; It failed, it just sat there and took the punishment.

Favourite Boss: All of the Ridley incarnations, Crocomire, Metroid Queen. Ridley coming back so many times makes him seem almost god-like or immortal but the changes to his appearance everytime kept it from being boring like Ganondorf. Crocomire looked interesting and the way it died was hilarious. The build up to the Metroid Queen fight was scary(I was kid back then) and the fight itself was varied having options like running away, bombing her to death or missile spamming her to death.

My confession for today: I was a missile spamming noob back in melee.

If Super Metroid came after the Metroid prime series then why wasn't Ridley a cyborg in SM?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I two stocked Recipherus/Jeremy's Snake. Then got ***** thereafter.

kongfucius

Smash Cadet
Fave moment:

In zero mission, after getting chased around by those god-forsaken space pirates, I finally get my suit after shooting some stuff on a wall. I kinda went crazy after that, killing every space pirate REPEATEDLY until I killed meta-ridley. WHO'S SHOOTING NOW! EH?

Fave boss:

hmm...tough one. But it'll have to be the nightmare. The first time I saw it it just creeped me out with its stealthy little intrance and the ominous music. And there was also the fact that it was romping through the background before you meet it. And it definitely was not as wimpy as ridley-X. 6 beams to the gonads...38 missiles to the face. some more as a core-X. The only boss that can take about two and a half tanks off me.

0RLY

Ridley wasn't mechanical in Super Metroid because it was made before the prime series. Kinda sucks when the developers forget to tell us why. I'm guessing they cloned Ridley. Same with all the Space Pirates; they have to respawn somehow, now do they?

Second favorite moment: I don't know why, but it's the scene in MP where Ridley flies over you in Phendrana Drifts. It was absolutely beautiful!! I almost shed a tear just because of how magnificent it looked! It felt sooo real!!

Second favorite boss: The nightmare. Yeah, it wasn't as epic as seeing a 3-D boss, but the way it enters, the music, the time slowing down. It was an absolute blast to fight! Beating him on a 1% run wasn't easy either. Pretty much the same reason as Kongfucius.

Third favorite moment: Fighting Rundas for the first time. I still didn't get used to the controls yet, and I was still really sucky and didn't know how the game works. Rundas was a pain to aim and shoot at. I sucked at ripping off his armor too. Seeing Rundas' attacks were beautiful. I absolutely love ice (reference to my favorite bosses and cutscenes). When you actually spend time to fight Rundas, it's actually really, really fun! Later on, I usually beat him in 20 seconds or less. I never died against him because his attacks were so weak. If he was in Gandrayda's place, with more HP, stronger attacks and such, he would be hands down my favorite boss. I'm just saying fighting him for the first time was extremely exhilarating because it seemed difficult.

Third favorite boss: Sheegoth Adult. It looks badass. If it had more attacks, it would be even more badass. It also has a specific weak spot when you first fight him. The next encounters were easily handled by the Plasma Beam. Overall an excellent addition to the game. Being difficult to handle at first, but easily handled later. Did I mention he's badass?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If Super Metroid came after the Metroid prime series then why wasn't Ridley a cyborg in SM?
  • Metroid (NES)/Zero Mission: Ridley is killed.
  • Metroid Prime: Ridley is reconstructed and is now Meta Ridley. Samus kills Meta Ridley.
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: No mention or appearance of Ridley.
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Meta Ridley is still alive. He falls to his demise below. He returns as Omega Ridley and at the end, dies. In other words, he explodes.
  • Metroid 2: Return of Samus: No mention or appearance of Ridley.
  • Super Metroid: Ridley returns.
  • Metroid Fusion: An X form of Ridley is alive and well.

Take your pick:

• Ridley lives on, because the Phazon reconstructed him, but when Dark Samus is killed, Ridley, fully back in the flesh has no traces of machine or Phazon.
  • The Space Pirates took a DNA sample from Ridley prior to these events mentioned in Metroid, and knowing that Ridley had been killed and that there was no body left to reconstruct, they created another Ridley out of the DNA. You can see that the Space Pirates failed at making clones of Metroids in Super Metroid. They are called Mochtroids. Hence the idea that they started cloning.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
My favorite moment is from Metroid Prime 3. After the first hive boss, when Samus psudo-transformes into Dark Samus and has to release all the phazon energy...I nearly creamed myself, then reset the game so that I could defeat the boss and watch the cutscene again.

My favorite Metroid boss to fight against would be Thardus (I think his name was), the ice boss from MP2. Favorite boss overall would have to be Dark Samus at the end of MP2...

...which leads into another confession. Dark Samus would take priority over Samus if she were in Smash. I'm just too in awe by the awesomeness.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Dyrn: Haha, whoops. You'll have to forgive me, it's been about three years since I last played the game (another confession, I'm on a frickin' roll here!).

Hive: For some reason I have the urge to spell your name with a "y". -shrug- Funny comic.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
The trend of recent threads (old/common knowledge, discussion of Samus and similar looking girls, my parody threads, and this thread) leads me to believe that the future for Samus's metagame is quite grim.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
samus'es metagame is sadly halted and due to lack of people talking about how the bombs can be used to stop charges and setup harder to land attack or open up more projectile and zair spacing is why her metagame will fall behind as smash moves on

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The trend of recent threads (old/common knowledge, discussion of Samus and similar looking girls, my parody threads, and this thread) leads me to believe that the future for Samus's metagame is quite grim.
You know, I need to make a video of Samus doing some tricks that I know about. Some may be common knowledge, but there are those that I would like to just show on video and say, "Check out my Samus. Isn't she cool?" I think that would boost some confidence in Samus mainers here.

Ravin

Smash Lord
@ Rohins - Hey, its a cofession, I have a job now, and its on my "To do " list after Nan Des Kon in denver.

0RLY

Oh yeah! I remember that thread from Melee Samus Boards! We lost a lotta players and epic sigs. I put a lot of creativity into making my sig, I'm sure you all can tell! :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
QFT.

Oh, and awesome signature, Rohins. I recall there being a thread about how Samus mainers had the best signatures.
I created that thread :). It was the most popular and long lasting thread in the history of the Samus boards.

Not only that, but my sig got nominated for best smashboards sig in 2007 XD. I got 3rd, losing to Gimpyfish and sugarpoultry.

In fct, I am going to recreate that thread right now.

Top Bottom