• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Samus Main

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I created that thread :). It was the most popular and long lasting thread in the history of the Samus boards.

Not only that, but my sig got nominated for best smashboards sig in 2007 XD. I got 3rd, losing to Gimpyfish and sugarpoultry.

In fct, I am going to recreate that thread right now.
Dude, I knew it was you who created that thread. You also created a thread about how Samus was so godly. I don't know where I can find that one, though. In it you said that Samus' Jab was so great, because you were looking the opposite direction of Charizard when he used his Forward+B on you, and it clanked. Yeah, I don't forget those thread, nor do I forget the one who created them.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Zero Suit's tilts are far too large and unwieldly for me to effectively counter Olimar with her. : ( I would probably use Kirby against an Olimar (not even Oli, the ditto is lame).

True Ice

Smash Cadet
I have nothing but love for samus but I have so much fun with jiggs and the ice climbers.
Its hard not to love the pink ball of furry and the duo everyone loves to hate.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I got pretty dominated by a link that spammed projectiles faster than I did, with a faster grab than me, and KO options.. and a tether to gimp me when I miss my offstage dairs..

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Because of how I've made Samus's projectiles an important part of my game, any character with a reflector screws me over. The fact that I've never fought another Samus mainer to see the effectiveness of meleeing with her probably doesn't help either.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Update.. I got 2nd place, lol.
Here's the bracket: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket2612.gif

I'm branespload btw.

I got knocked out before the winner's finals, got sent to loser's finals, then sent to winner's finals again, then sandbagged because it was really late and I was fighting a spammy TL. haha.

The results were like
1st. Toon Link
2nd. Samus
3rd. ROB
4th. Falco

woo! pretty okay for my first competitive play, although it was on wifi.. haha. whatevz.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Update.. I got 2nd place, lol.
Here's the bracket: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket2612.gif

I'm branespload btw.

I got knocked out before the winner's finals, got sent to loser's finals, then sent to winner's finals again, then sandbagged because it was really late and I was fighting a spammy TL. haha.

The results were like
1st. Toon Link
2nd. Samus
3rd. ROB
4th. Falco

woo! pretty okay for my first competitive play, although it was on wifi.. haha. whatevz.
It's interesting to see PangLand ("Will" is his tag) in there. I fought him several times last night and this morning. I like how he plays Peach. He's the only one I've ever seen use the advanced technique to through those Turnips.

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
I only main Samus because it was a code-name for this girl "Sarah" in my ultimately nerdy Brawl metaphor applied to girls in my life.

For example if I can't talk to her or it's really hard to get her to open up I'd say

Dude I can't approach Samus, her spacing is godlike and I keep getting brickwalled by missiles and zairs.

If it wasn't for Sarah I wouldn't have mained Samus. :urg:
LMAO i thought i was the only one who named a girl samus to talk in code.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
and roosters are f***ing ricockulous. Get it? ha HA

EDIT: Raging Ric Ockulous

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You guys need to inspire me to be a better Samus player. Raging Ric Rohins goes "rawr," and n00b is no n00b.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I AM SUCH A N00B

I thought I was pretty clever with Samus's ground game but it turns out it was discovered on my birthday of last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZg0f8RTMOg

Q_Q

EDIT: rohins why are you such a nice guy that you didn't late pass me and call me a noob before i got carried away with sliding reverse fsmashes and sliding dtilt approaches :[

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I AM SUCH A N00B

I thought I was pretty clever with Samus's ground game but it turns out it was discovered on my birthday of last year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZg0f8RTMOg

Q_Q

EDIT: rohins why are you such a nice guy that you didn't late pass me and call me a noob before i got carried away with sliding reverse fsmashes and sliding dtilt approaches :[
Yeah, that's an old video. :ohwell:

Mizar

Smash Ace
What the hell guys...

Best moment in ANY metroid game EVER, HAS to be the point in Super Metroid where the metroid larva gets killed by mother brain, leaving you with uber powers so you can **** that f-ucker so dam hard as a revenge.
Also best boss ever.

Confession: I quit falco for samus. Tournament wise, I'm going to regret that in the end.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Confession: I quit falco for samus. Tournament wise, I'm going to regret that in the end.
Bleh. Most Falco players I've come across like to use their chaingrab. Fortunately for us Samus players, Samus is immune to being chaingrabbed by Falco.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yo Koji. =)
Nice cyan text.

Bleh. Most Falco players I've come across like to use their chaingrab. Fortunately for us Samus players, Samus is immune to being chaingrabbed by Falco.
Niiice. Lucky Samus.
Aren't you a really good Samus? =P
I never played a good one.
And you live in CA. >.>
We should play sometime.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I can't believe Gimpy locked a parody thread.

Moderation is TRASH (against Samus main boredom/humor).

Hive

Smash Lord
Hey, has anyone noticed samus has been getting more popular lately? or is that just me? Seems like a lot of people are new to the character specific lately... :)

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I main samus because we are <3's xD it works out because we kick *** anyways hehe.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I hate brawl Samus, and I really only play her because I main Samus in Melee, so I have a good grasp on her.

On top of that, I really don't like brawl much in general. :ohwell:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have a confession.

I have gotten to the point where I no longer main anyone :(.

:(.

Top Bottom