• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I think character specific stuff is pretty much unavoidable for fixing glitches but it should never be done for the heck of it just because we want character x to get a buff.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I found a bug in this code:
Code:
P.Trainer No Swap [Y.S., Phantom Wings, spunit262]
C2816B1C 00000003
7FA4EB78 2C16003C
40820008 8883000A
60000000 00000000
Whenever I die in a star KO my pokemon switches as I come back.

I'm testing the other code now.

EDIT: the other code appears to work fine... why are they different anyways? You can still use down-B to swap in both of them.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
I found a bug in this code:
Code:
P.Trainer No Swap [Y.S., Phantom Wings, spunit262]
C2816B1C 00000003
7FA4EB78 2C16003C
40820008 8883000A
60000000 00000000
Whenever I die in a star KO my pokemon switches as I come back.

I'm testing the other code now.

EDIT: the other code appears to work fine... why are they different anyways? You can still use down-B to swap in both of them.
Final Smashes

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I know this question has probably been asked a million times (I'm sorry for being million and first) but is a code for a JC Shine ever going to be released?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
On top of what Leaf said that would be a buff for Fox who is already really good so unfortunately he won't get it but maybe Wolf should.
Doesn't Wolf's not change his movement at all? (Or maybe it cuts his horizontal..)

If so, I disagree. That'd be changing the entire mechanic of the move.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
He could still move with momentum while shining, but be able to cancel the slower shine fall directly into a jump. I don't know if this would necessarily be a good idea, but it wouldn't really change the whole mechanic.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Final Smashes
Ok, so I checked ZSS and Samus, and their final smashes no longer switch characters. Unfortunately you can no longer do the taunt transformation to switch either :(

Oh and if you get a final smash with ZSS, you receive new armor pieces

The Pokemon switch appears to work properly, so the second code is working fine as far as I can tell.

It's just the first code that has the star-KO bug.

kupo15

Smash Hero
On top of what Leaf said that would be a buff for Fox who is already really good so unfortunately he won't get it but maybe Wolf should.
Wolf? Are you crazy? His shine is much better than Foxs and being able to JC an invincibility frame with another is the dumbest thing I ever heard

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
falcon needs more friction. We are working on a char spec code
Ah good. Most of my criticism of the slidiness only really applies to characters really negatively affected by it, especially Falcon. With friction and momentum he finally feels godly again. I realised that increasing friction universally screws up characters' running Usmashes, Dsmashes and Dtilts, and possibly snakeboosting, so a character specific code is exactly what we need.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Seriously how did we overlook this?

Don't let jiggs die if her shield breaks......that shouldn't be a very hard code...

The other day, a marth mindgamed a shieldbreaker on my jiggs.

The result was unfair

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Meh sorry, I'd just have to say it's a poor matchup for the Puff. I wouldn't be against it, but besides the Shield Breaker there really isn't a reason to lose your shield. Especially with shield stun coming down.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Seriously how did we overlook this?

Don't let jiggs die if her shield breaks......that shouldn't be a very hard code...

The other day, a marth mindgamed a shieldbreaker on my jiggs.

The result was unfair

I'd have to argue death on shield break should remain. Its been a feature of the char since 64 and is not that much of a problem as shield breaks are rare to begin with and require a good amount of skill in part of the opponent to be in danger of one.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
It all boils down to how balanced and fair do we want to make B+.

I cant really say for myself what I want with Jiggs shield. :/

I'm pretty much torn between logic and personal bias. Logically, to make the game more fair it should go, but personal bias says it should stay, and I bet even a few jiggs mains would argue to keep it though I predict most would argue to drop it because its worse for her than anyone else.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
jigg's has an advantage in that she can't really be poked through her shield. it's fine. they can deal with it. lol

Well, generally, anyone with a full shield that knows how to tilt cant get shield poked. Hell, you have half a shield and you know how to tilt, you cant get shield poked.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Take it from Jiggs, give it to Metaknight, and that can be the final nerf nail in his coffin. :)
If we do that, then we'll also have to give you a shield and a box of swords to fend of the MK users. actually.

That wont do ****.

Here. Have Snake's Utilt. That might help for a while before that goes stale.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Is there a code for making the WD in Brawl just like Melee now?
By that I mean that you got like 10 frames in the start of it where you can't do anything, and in that way you can use the wavedash to something like smashes and ****, and not just useless shielding<_<

Revven

FrankerZ
Is there a code for making the WD in Brawl just like Melee now?
By that I mean that you got like 10 frames in the start of it where you can't do anything, and in that way you can use the wavedash to something like smashes and ****, and not just useless shielding<_<
No and there never will be.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
No and there never will be.
Useless wavedashes FTW then!
I can't see the big problem by making it like that, or at least make it possible to set an amount of frames where you can't do anything. As good as the coders here are, that should be no problem. And really; the whole wavedash code is, as said, useless as it is now. No one's using it, because there are no tactical purposes for using it, and it's better not to.

They made the WD-sliding pretty much perfect, so "completing" the whole thing should be pretty easy for them.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Are there any codes for the Friend Code system? The friend finder part of my Brawl+ Tweaker is working now and I wanted to know if there was a way I could use gct codes to auto add friend codes or sometimes. Wouldn't they be saved in the save file?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Useless wavedashes FTW then!
I can't see the big problem by making it like that, or at least make it possible to set an amount of frames where you can't do anything. As good as the coders here are, that should be no problem. And really; the whole wavedash code is, as said, useless as it is now. No one's using it, because there are no tactical purposes for using it, and it's better not to.

They made the WD-sliding pretty much perfect, so "completing" the whole thing should be pretty easy for them.
it's very easy to assume that something can just be made because you can perceive of how it'd be done. the hackers said on multiple occasions that adding frames in which the player is unable to act is impossible.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
it's very easy to assume that something can just be made because you can perceive of how it'd be done. the hackers said on multiple occasions that adding frames in which the player is unable to act is impossible.
As an addendum, if it's not "impossible" it is on the basis that making the required changes will require a boatload more effort and lines.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
We are not your monkeys. If you want something so badly, do it yourself.

There's nothing ruder than people saying "it's so easy, they should do it."

Top Bottom