• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Commentators for pound 4

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I would personally prefer someone like Samurai Panda to commentate because I think he's too good at it. I love informative commentary on matches without any bias whatsoever.
Yeah Samurai Panda is very good.
Plus I remember him commentate only Brawl matches, I really wonna hear him on Melee.
I think that commentators should mix up informative commentary with some humor.
So I vote for Sliq and Samurai Panda

EDIT: D1 is also very enjoyable.

Wife

Smash Lord
The video's integrity can be preserved if we mix recorded sound from the GC with the actual commentary (and, of course, the crowd reactions!). Or, for that matter, we could upload non-commentated versions of matches, too, for players who, like yourself, prefer to watch their matches unadulterated.

Either way, I strongly urge you to reconsider your position. Bring integrity back to commentating!

(edits for clarity)
This is a good idea.

And again, thank you so very much for the kind words about my commentary. This tourny really is going to be legendary. Whom can I talk to about doing commentary? Is one person going to be organizing it?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Dogysamich is clearly the best of both worlds. Informative AND quite amusing

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I can understand why people don't like some commentary

but I really think at minimum there should be a mic on the crowd.

cause crowd reactions give matches +10 epicness

i.e dsw vs m2k round 4.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Dogysamich is clearly the best of both worlds. Informative AND quite amusing
WTF? Have you ever heard Dogysamich speak? He ruins the match with that god awful voice of his, it's even worse than DJnintendo's. Dogysamich is the last person who they should allow to commentate.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
This is a good idea.

And again, thank you so very much for the kind words about my commentary. This tourny really is going to be legendary. Whom can I talk to about doing commentary? Is one person going to be organizing it?
Step 1: Tell them you're Wife.

Step 2: They hand you the mic, no questions asked.

:)

DA Dave and Wife gotta get on the mic!

Also, Samurai Panda is ****ing awesome, but I don't think he knows to much about Melee. Brawl, on the other hand, should be all him.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
It's nice to have commentary which reflects the crowd reactions and feelings at the time imo, personally I do feel that the WC commentators do a good job of this. It allows you to relive the moment if you will.

Real commentary is usually not needed as the majority of the people watching know what's going on anyways.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Ken should show up commentate, i wonder how accurate and if he'd under....rate the players.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wife was a good comentator back in the day. And hes right theres too much commentary involving dumb inside jokes now a days. Or people ingore the match and talk with the people in the livestream chat, thats annoying as hell too.

HMW and Phil do a pretty good job.

DJNintendo always gets into arguments with peope on the livesteam chat about how good he is, which is annoying and pointless.

Drephen was pritty good at ROM.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
completely agree with sheermadness. D1 does a pretty good job as well.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I don't really understand why everyone wants informative commentary when they already know what's going on.
Because not everybody understands things as well as the best commentators do, silly. Plus, how many times have you tuned into a livestream in the middle of a set and had to ask like TWENTY times just to find out who was playing and how far along in the tournament the set was? Wife usually says that stuff at least once a match.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't think sliq's commentary is that funny to hear every game but I do enjoy it in small amounts, I think you should have a big "pool" of commentators and let everybody bless the mic
or wife and dj

Composeur

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was really great commentary for LF and GF by HMW and Phil. I'm so glad they kicked the real commentators off so we could hear them whine about how bored they were.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Well I mean straight up... GF was mad boring.

There would have been more hype in LF if armada went through I think. Or if amsah did a little better.

That said, husband and wife were legit on the mic.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Well, I commentated like I said but in Spanish on "armada vs HDL" a few loved it while the other hated it. I commentated because I had to support my guys from P.R. The guy also wanted me t commentate in Spanish on the bracket...but no one Hispanic made it out to do so. Anyways, it was fun too! Had to trow my P.R voice and stuff. I hope that the lot of you enjoy it.

pound 4 ***** son.

peace.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Wife and husband are waaaaaaaay too good at commentating good **** guys,

Composeur

Smash Ace
Well I mean straight up... GF was mad boring.

There would have been more hype in LF if armada went through I think. Or if amsah did a little better.

That said, husband and wife were legit on the mic.
It's true that GFs were pretty boring and--though kind of amusing--were disappointingly anticlimactic. I still think Pound 4 was a success for the Melee community in spite of that, though.

For sure if Armada had been able to adapt to Amsah's NTSC Sheik (scary!) more quickly I think LFs and GFs would have been a much better story. NONETHELESS, if it is your job to commentate then you should do it and try to make the most of what's going on.

Consider this: don't you think the match would have been more interesting if Wife (and Husband) had been commentating, making actual observations about the players and gameplay? I definitely think it would have made a boring set less boring, and that's an important mark of a good commentator, isn't it? Wife would have found something worthwhile to talk about and salvaged the experience.

HMW is a great cheerleader, but a great commentator he's not.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed having the newlyweds back on commentary. I fking love waffles and phil's commentary but it was so nice to have ACTUAL commentary and not **** talk, ya know? Very good **** guys.

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
Consider this: don't you think the match would have been more interesting if Wife (and Husband) had been commentating, making actual observations about the players and gameplay? I definitely think it would have made a boring set less boring, and that's an important mark of a good commentator, isn't it? Wife would have found something worthwhile to talk about and salvaged the experience.
I disagree. No matter who the commentator was, I'm pretty sure they would've had a hard time trying to make a Jiggs ditto interesting. Not even hype men or keen observations could've kept me interested. I watched it just to see it end, but, if it was just semi-finals or quarters, I would probably have skipped out.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I still feel like the HMW and Wife combination was really fun. They had a good straight man/funny man thing going, and I think if people put them together more often, they could really riff off each other and become the defining commentary duo of Smash Bros.

Too bad they live on opposite sides of the country.

PHD

Smash Apprentice

HMW is a great cheerleader, but a great commentator he's not.
I don't see how someone can make interesting observations when all of those matches were about bairs and spacing. What would they say? That set was going to be boring no matter who was on the mic, don't blame it on HMW and Phil. I mean, look at the way it ended. How can someone be interested in a set when one of the players isn't even taking it seriously?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Do people seriously like Peach vs Jiggs? It's nearly as bad as Puff dittos. Pretty much the only reason Armada vs Mango was so hyped is because of who they are, and what they represented (admittedly there were a few cool parts, like the rests and the stitchface combo).

Top Bottom