• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Commentators for pound 4

Samochan

Smash Master
Nah Irish, he said on another thread he'd still need to mm people, thus giving away his identity. And HBK could always point him out too.

Anyways, Aniolas should be commentating europe players matches at the very least. Ofc you could also ask someone else from europe to commentate. ^_^

Alexman0817

Smash Rookie
hey guys im from mexico and well just wanted to say that i really enjoy watching HMW and phill's commentaries, I know they just say oooh ooooh what the F.... Wooww oooh ma gaaad... i really like watching/hearing it... makes me feel the excitement that they were feeling at that moment... since I cant afford a trip to go to this kind of events, they make me feel im there

Just an outsider opinion...

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Nah Irish, he said on another thread he'd still need to mm people, thus giving away his identity. And HBK could always point him out too.

Anyways, Aniolas should be commentating europe players matches at the very least. Ofc you could also ask someone else from europe to commentate. ^_^
HBK knows him personally?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I like the mix of the new and old school styles. Give a nice play by play, but don't be afraid to litter some random song references (or songs, xD) and a few other things. Keep it hype, but keep that Wife-style of knowledge in it as well.

Wife...you and I should commentate a match.

VBM will be found out...xD. No need to worry. TIM is amazing <3.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Idk why people think VBM isn't going. HBK proved that he's a real person. And guys, don't think he's an *** irl cause I heard he was pretty cool in person.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I have a recording setup, I'll let just about anyone commentate on it, but I do have a legit mic with a sorta lengthy cord and everything so you should be able to stand with the crowd or behind the TV, wherever you want really to commentate.
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7EgyaVV2lQ
Volume is always adjustable, and I use a stereo mixer so you can adjust the volume between the game and commentary.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
If he doesn't turn up, he owes hax 30$ cos that's essentially forfeiting, better get your paypal accounts ready
There is no way I'm missing out on that MM, even if I lose it's going to be the most fun one I do. That is definitely gonna be recorded.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I have him in pools at Pound. Its good to know he's a cool guy.

On topic:

The return of Wife's commentary would be gladly welcomed. Beyond that I'm not really looking forward to random shouting ruining intense matches. Play-by-play dialogue with smash facts and history sprinkled on top like those old MLG days...too good.

I don't think Husband is going. Didn't he quit a long, long time ago?
Kevin is going lol, I just played him Saturday. Him and Wife are still nasty as **** in teams.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Idk why people think VBM isn't going. HBK proved that he's a real person. And guys, don't think he's an *** irl cause I heard he was pretty cool in person.
when was this? :O who did you hear that from?

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
Kevin is going lol, I just played him Saturday. Him and Wife are still nasty as **** in teams.
KevinM is Husband? Wow, I used to like Husband; I can't believe he's such a @#$%^ online.

when was this? :O who did you hear that from?
You find it hard to believe I'm a cool person? I don't know why, no one the boards who have actually met me will say anything bad about me in real life(although I'm totally cool online as well)

Also Strongbad, Erictwist are ya'll going to Pound? I've never asked you.

D1

Banned via Administration
Thanks for the votes guys! <3 I actually got my style from listening to my dad's radio as he listened to baseball commentators, and my grandma used to love watching wrestling (to my dismay), but I found the way they hyped stuff like someone grabbing a chair amazing. So I guess I'm a mix of both at times? I still think there are tons of other commentators better than me, but if people want me on the mic I'll be there.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
KevinM is Husband? Wow, I used to like Husband; I can't believe he's such a @#$%^ online.

You find it hard to believe I'm a cool person? I don't know why, no one the boards who have actually met me will say anything bad about me in real life(although I'm totally cool online as well)

Kevin M and Husband are two different people.

And No, I can't go. I moved from Maryland a month before the tourny. I'm still pissed about it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

I was asking when it was posted by HBK.

I'm not going to Pound, no.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
someone link to when HBK proved VBM was legitimately existent?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
its a little late to respond, but unlike virusbluemage i dont just sit around reading threads on smashboards all day, and instead played the game vs good players in the past couple days

i know who pretty much every reasonably competent player attending tournaments in the US is, at the very least by name. the fact that i dont know who you are means that you are not, for all intents and purposes, known for being good at smash. a reputation built on this website isnt a reputation that has anything to do with smash; just look at how good any of the mods/admins are at the game.

i'll mm you at pound virusbluemage

also, based on the responses right after the last time i posted to this guy, it looks like a bunch of dudes actually do know who this guy is, somebody fill me in on who this chump is

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Nah, Husband's going. He told me he still trys to play every now and then but there isn't very many players in West Virginia.
I've been trying to contact him lately. Hopefully that goes through, cause we have a few guys over here at WVU that are pretty dominant. Do you know where he goes to college?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
He is a very arrogant player from Jamaica who 2nds Roy and trolls every thread he's in.

edit: he goes to the same college you do, KrazyKnux. lol No Joke.

Composeur

Smash Ace
So his existence appears to be verified. That's pretty surprising in and of itself. But has HBK confirmed that VBM is actually attending Pound 4? I'd be pretty stunned. Seriously, the intrigue here is fascinating.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
I still woun't mind commentating but I gave it a hard though.
I would only commentate on all, P.R vs others. Whether I'll commentate in Spanish or not, is going to be funny. :p. ask PB&J himself.

Lovage

Smash Hero
its a little late to respond, but unlike virusbluemage i dont just sit around reading threads on smashboards all day, and instead played the game vs good players in the past couple days

i know who pretty much every reasonably competent player attending tournaments in the US is, at the very least by name. the fact that i dont know who you are means that you are not, for all intents and purposes, known for being good at smash. a reputation built on this website isnt a reputation that has anything to do with smash; just look at how good any of the mods/admins are at the game.

i'll mm you at pound virusbluemage

also, based on the responses right after the last time i posted to this guy, it looks like a bunch of dudes actually do know who this guy is, somebody fill me in on who this chump is
looooool godlike post

vbm, we're still on for our MM right? please don't ***** out

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Top Bottom