• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Commentators for pound 4

Mother

Smash Rookie
Anybody have and idea will do this for the melee tournament? As great as it was hearing "aw **** man, sexy **** man ****!" basically every ten seconds during genesis, i think it is time for some new people. Hopefully husband and wife will do it a bit.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Me and Rhan are totally going to do Double Young Link commentary on at least one match.

Yeah. That's right.

(I'd like to, anyways, if only for a single, unimportant match <3)

oh, and me and EverlastingYayuhz can tell some great stories about dump trucks and 101 sticks of dynamite.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Wife is the best serious commentator I've heard in a melee video. I don't know if I've ever heard Husband with him. Come on, Wife!

And Scar has a sexy voice.

And I like Phil's commentary, too.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Oh, I ****ed up. I didn't mean Wife, I meant Mogwai, and Hazz is good too.

HMW is cool and he can be good but his commentary isn't as perceptive as theirs or Phil's, in my opinion. He's got a great voice, though.

Stev

Smash Ace
I'd love to hear wife back on the mic. I also think it'd be cool if you could hear different commentary for the same match. i.e. HMW and phil record it, but then so does wife and whoever, and DJ and whoever, etc. However, that prolly won't happen. But it WOULD be cool.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I agree with Fly Amanita and Rock Crock. These matches will be so hype that we don't need commentary, I think it would just be distracting. Let us view the videos without any interference.

Frames

DI
hmw and phil from wc
dj and hazz and alukard on ec
everlasting yay from south

if dogysamich was going thats a wrap right there

lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
about having commentary on the videos, if you don't want to listen to it, you can mute it

i find myself doing this pretty often

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
about having commentary on the videos, if you don't want to listen to it, you can mute it

i find myself doing this pretty often
No, we want the sound we just don't want the commentary. It's much better watching it with the back ground music and sound effect rather than on mute.

S l o X

Smash Champion
don't be ****ing dumb. were not gonna stop commentating just because 20% of people who are coming to pound don't prefer it...and if your not going to pound you have no room to ask or talk

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
don't be ****ing dumb. were not gonna stop commentating just because 20% of people who are coming to pound don't prefer it...and if your not going to pound you have no room to ask or talk
And yet I don't see your name listed in pools, so shut the **** up.

Another problem is that some of the ''commentators'' can't commentate for ****. DJN anyone?

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
I can Commentate for a couple matches! I actually just finished some public speaking classes @ college so I'm @ the top of my game!

Mother

Smash Rookie
And yet I don't see your name listed in pools, so shut the **** up.

Another problem is that some of the ''commentators'' can't commentate for ****. DJN anyone?
That's why I am hoping for a return of Wife and Husband. They were really, really good back in the day. Wife specifically. He is great at it.

I just don't want to hear the same stuff I heard from the genesis videos. All it was was "oh **** man OH **** **** DID YOU SEE THAT ****?". Horrible commentating.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
plank should charge an extra dollar to everyone going so we can fly Yipes in to do commentary on a game he doesnt play

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Da Dave, Waffles and Phil are super choices. They always make me feel as if I'm there watching the match live. <3

D1 ***** though for legit commentary. Same with Wife.

Composeur

Smash Ace
That's why I am hoping for a return of Wife and Husband. They were really, really good back in the day. Wife specifically. He is great at it.

I just don't want to hear the same stuff I heard from the genesis videos. All it was was "oh **** man OH **** **** DID YOU SEE THAT ****?". Horrible commentating.
I agree that Wife was awesome back in the day, but at RoM his commentating was worse than anything at Genesis. He just whined about Jigglypuff the whole time, and he did nothing but ***** during GFs.

Everylasting yay should NOT be allowed anywhere near a mic after Genesis GFs.

Tamoo

Smash Master
What are you registered at for P4? I'm really curious in what pool you are.
I doubt u'll ever get an answer to that, he's been avoiding answering that question like the plague :p

And I like just relaxing to that soothing voice of old wifey,
I get bored of just game sounds after a while, I like to hear the hype from the audience as well

Edit: Composeur, that was scar whining about jpuff, not wife, wife is too awesome for that

weon - X

Smash Ace
I agree that Wife was awesome back in the day, but at RoM his commentating was worse than anything at Genesis. He just whined about Jigglypuff the whole time, and he did nothing but ***** during GFs.

Everylasting yay should NOT be allowed anywhere near a mic after Genesis GFs.
that was scar LOL, wife was there with him but he just went along with it in a a really subtle manner, quite nice of him, i wish he would commentate, he was pretty serious about the game

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Wife, D1, and Brandon (HMW)

Mix in random players to drop by and commentate but those are the mains.

Also, SamuraiPanda!!!!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The dude that commented a tournament recently that commented like Wife did back in the day. GIVE HIM THE STAGE! If I find out who it is ill edit it in.

Stratford

Smash Champion
There'll be enough matches so that more than a few people will have a chance to commentate. I'd like to hear Sliq and Drephen. Also Scar.

Top Bottom