• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
Its okay since we are sharing choke stories...
I had Fishbait(ggs though) last game on Jungle Janks with under a minute to go and a 60%+ lead. I was well on my way to timing him out when I got clap trapped but I DId it. only to surface and have it get me again! ggs. I will get you next time Fiiiiiiiishhhhhhhhbaaaaaaiiiiiittttttt! ;)

Yesterday was absurdly fun! I enjoyed going to Anthony's Pizza and hanging out afterwards like normal friends. Also the tournament was really fun. GGs to everyone.

Also I am dropping Diddy entirely, Sil and Dekar were right, Diddy doesn't make a good secondary, he makes a better main. I will start working on MK for gay stages when MKs take me there. Besides that I am going all ROB and will eventually use MK on my opponents CP when they play MK. (Once someone starts playing DDD more I might consider a real secondary for that MU because its very ghey.)

Steam

Smash Hero
and bees changes secondaries again.

seriously just use falco. he covers D3 and MK. and I guess train a pocket MK for the really gay stages/ you better win game 1.

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
I'll get you next time, Tim!

Anyways, I had more fun than I've had in a long time with you guys. All of you are really fun/cool people; we should definitely have more smashfests. And, speaking of which, if I do have one, it will be on October 9th since Homecoming is on the 2nd, and this Saturday is just too early. I still have to get the ok from my parents though, so nothing's for certain yet. I'll post sometime later regarding this.

Bees should have won our set... klap trap is too gay haha...

Oh and Dylan (Dill-On! (yay for whoever gets the reference)), if you want to come early to my house for the next smashfest I can maybe just teach you the MK ditto mu. Either that or you can get better WiFi and then just play anyone on AiB. They'll go MK if they lose a game. True fact.

I'll get you next time, Tim!

Bees!

Smash Ace
and bees changes secondaries again.

seriously just use falco. he covers D3 and MK. and I guess train a pocket MK for the really gay stages/ you better win game 1.
I am not changing secondaries. I am just not going to have a secondary.

Eventually I will secondary MK.
Also the biggest MU I am worried about is D3
MK is winnable at higher levels its just an uphill battle

But D3 is so gay.

a smart player cannot simply CP MK and hope to win vs a Good ROB who knows the MU. However a smart player who knows how to buffer shield grabs and wall(aka throw out bAirs) with D3 can CP D3 and its ggs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I too choked. My big things were upB instead of sideB and FF Dairs. $@#!%^

Lol. Anyway GGs everyone.
@ Fishbait & Tim, I didn't get to play you guys :(. Next time we have to play a few.
@Dylan: GGs, you're always too pro for me. Why do I always play vs you in tourneys? That made it 4 of my 5 tourneys you beat me.

A lot of people feel Brawl is winding down.
@Steam: GGs, good friendlies. I need more furry practice next time. Send me a PM if you can post those replays, thanks.
@Bees: Thanks for helping me understand that MU. GGs.
@tsizzinc: GGs, your MK's improving. Good friendlies too.
@(I can't remember the name of who I played the first set with:ohwell:): GGs.
@ everyone I forgot: GGs, I'm glad I made it to this.

Go CO brawlers!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yes I know so maybe I will eventually use Falco for that MU. I just cant get that boost pivot grab between CGing with him or the phantasm cancel.(consistently anyways)

Steam

Smash Hero
you don't really need either of those... boost pivot is very situational and phantasm canceling just takes practice. trust me it's a million times easier with falco than it is with wolf.

you really need to really practice SHDL and IAPing though. also that offstage DJ wavebounce DL thing I do that I stole from rain.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Bees!

Smash Ace
IAPing?
Also ya I see Falco being a lot easier vs D3 but MK? I have only seen a good Falco beat a good MK once and that was DEHF at Apex.
I doubt its even.

Also Shut Up Meno!!!

Steam

Smash Hero
Is that the thing you did at the end of our second match?
no that was me missing a spike and getting footstooled.

and it's not that gimmicky. it's pretty good since it puts 2 lasers at stage level. not something to be always using though.

Falco loses 55-45 to MK. But for MK that's basically a MK counter.

IAP= immediate air phantasm. just buffer sideB out of jump. it's better on endlag.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Bees seconding MK? The plot thickens.

Also would anyone be interested in coming over again for Brawl/Mario Party in the near future? (Possibly in the next week or two)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
@Fishbait: I appreciate that and if you hold one, I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Whenever I beat somebody on wifi, the go Yoshi...I was exited to play Atomsk but then I fought his Wolf, GaW, then Snake...nobody plays MK vs me...and if they do they're always terrible. But I guess that's just the perks of being higher up on the ladder, you get to play better people. I'll work on it, and if I can't, I have a pocket Toon Link!

Tony we need to smoke soon.

Underload

Lazy
1. I'm interested in going to Level Zero's festamajigger. If I can somehow work my schedule out my friend's schedule, we could probably show up on a Saturday. He lives in Aurora and he really wants to go to at least one fest / tournament, so, yeah.

2. If Dylan comes to Fish's house early, I'll barge in as well. Deal with it.

3. What were the results for Dylan's place, anyway?

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also don't forget about my birthday smashfest on the 3rd of October. I will post the address next weekend.

Also does anybody remember the date of last Zournament?

Bees!

Smash Ace
Fishbait just needs to take a pic of himself and post it on his AiB page so dem scrubs don't keep getting butthurt.

Steam

Smash Hero
but butthurt is funny

funny is funny

Steam is funny

therefore Steam is butthurt

Steam is a furry

therefore furries are butthurt

waitwut

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Just noticed that I have my set with Afrochimp/Buttercup saved, the game Illmatic should have won that led to me winning the set saved, and the game that led Kennispam to think I was an alt saved, if anyone wants to see them. I can get YoshQ to upload them for me. You guys can see how different I play on WiFi, lol.

Top Bottom