• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Seriously considering making Fox my new main. I'm just sick of all the crap I gotta put up with in this scene with maining MK.

Gonna be the new Samboner :D

... It could happen!

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Seriously considering making Fox my new main. I'm just sick of all the crap I gotta put up with in this scene with maining MK.

Gonna be the new Samboner :D

... It could happen!
I wanted to tell sam before he quit that I wanted him to teach me (never found the courage to ask him) :/..... ahh.... such good times playing his fox. I tried luigi first and later failed epicly with him.

Hey man do what ya gotta do to win. =w=

I would main MK but I suck as him. :V
You don't have to main MK, you just have to understand your character and know his/her limits, best moves, styles, etc. Matchups are another important factor, either become a beast w/ hard matchups or find a 2nd that has a better chance against that character. If you're like me, you will make gutsy decisions and just with the character you're best w/. Most importantly, have a strong and positive mindset about your matches because if you go into a match thinking you're going to lose (and this has happened to me a lot) then you'll lose most likely. Believe you can do it, but at the same time don't close your eyes to reality; then you get overconfident. Also look up "The art of counterpicking." Very good tips there. :D

Hope this helps......

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
My prediction on next tier list.

>high tier switches places with another high tier, people freak out
>random character moves up/down a lot, people freak out
>MK is still the best and not banned, people freak out
>low tier switches with another low tier, people freak out
>nobody notices mid tier
>Ganon still sucks

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

>nobody notices mid tier
>Ganon still sucks
>implying this will happen

Bees!

Smash Ace
and then Level Zero fell 3 spots on the PR due to bad tournament placings. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously though...crap?
The only crap you ever get is when you complain about "cheap" tactics and yet you play the top character in the game. Nobody would give you crap if you mained MK and didn't complain about people playing gay vs you. Also I know that here in CO people are grateful to have MK mains here because none of us know the MU very well.

Steam

Smash Hero

>nobody notices mid tier
>Ganon still sucks
pretty accurate. Pika switched with like oli, and Lucario switched with GW.

Also bees RoB went up

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
and then Level Zero fell 3 spots on the PR due to bad tournament placings. :laugh::laugh:

Seriously though...crap?
The only crap you ever get is when you complain about "cheap" tactics and yet you play the top character in the game. Nobody would give you crap if you mained MK and didn't complain about people playing gay vs you. Also I know that here in CO people are grateful to have MK mains here because none of us know the MU very well.
I wasn't refering to you guys! Plus I never said I was dropping MK. Okay, granted I would still go MK for certain MUs, but I feel like do better as Fox for other certain MUs (Like Olimar and other MKs). I just noticed that I do fairly well against a lot of good people when I used Fox against them, and I just figured I could really have something if I put more time into him. I'm still gonna be the MK of CO, it's just now gonna be the MK of CO who can also own with Fox. Does anyone think think Fox is at all a bad character? Fast, good priority on both the ground and air, plenty of reliable killing power, good recovery in most cases, and I think he should be higher on the tier list than he is.

Next time we play Bees I'll show you what I mean, so plz don't laugh at me :(

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You don't have to main MK, you just have to understand your character and know his/her limits, best moves, styles, etc. Matchups are another important factor, either become a beast w/ hard matchups or find a 2nd that has a better chance against that character. If you're like me, you will make gutsy decisions and just with the character you're best w/. Most importantly, have a strong and positive mindset about your matches because if you go into a match thinking you're going to lose (and this has happened to me a lot) then you'll lose most likely. Believe you can do it, but at the same time don't close your eyes to reality; then you get overconfident. Also look up "The art of counterpicking." Very good tips there. :D

Hope this helps......
Awww Chunks, you care for a scrub player like me? ;3

Its all good im planning on sticking with yoshi. Im too stubborn to change mains anyways. =p I pocketed snake and dedede as counter pick characters for certain match ups I can't handle so its all good~! I don't have much confident problems. I m just kinda absentminded when I play. Like I have no observation skills. =p

Also I know that here in CO people are grateful to have MK mains here because none of us know the MU very well.
Thisssssss^^^

Seriously, MK match up is greatly appreciated man. ;3
I'll still play against your fox though. Just learn how to not get grabbed and you'll do fine. =p

Oh and like I know a lil bit of what happens in the new tier list.
Yoshi is now top of low tier.
Ike, ness, and pokemon trainer moved out of low tier.
Bowser is now 5th worst character I think.
Ice climbers are 7th best, olimar is one place away from being A tier.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I'm still gonna be the MK of CO
Even when I mained Toon Link you weren't the MK of CO. Even when I quit you won't be the MK of CO. Give me five dollars.

And nobody gives **** for maining MK. CO loved that Flux played MK. CO loved that I played MK. CO loves that Fish plays MK. CO lol'd when Zajice played MK. The only thing is that playing the best character in the game and complaining about tactics that, when used, MK still has the advantage, is looked down on.

Also I ****ing loved Peter's post followed by Fishbait's. Adorable to say the least.
And Peter, eat a **** for never contacting me that Saturday. It wouldn't have worked out, but still.

Zajice speaks complete truth. Except I think Toon Link should be switch with Snake because he has no bad matchups.

DFG, you are now the MK of CO.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why can't there be multiple MKs of CO?
Isn't that what you wanted in the first place? :urg:

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
You took that literally? Lol chill Dylan

And Bees how often do we see pikachu around here? I certainly haven't seen any (except for Flux when he was here).

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think all tiers get some c*** for who they play. I know low tiers do.

@ Steam: if you can get some replays of me uploaded I really appreciate it. If not it's cool too. There's some vs Meno, you, and a lot of people really. PM me if and when you do:bee:.

@ Meno: I think I mispronounced your name, sorry.

Steam

Smash Hero
Bees is uploading replays from my wii... bug him about it lul but not too hard since he works forever and a half.

and I dunno if I'd beat him since I've heard of him before. I only beat people I've never heard of.

edit: funniest image i've seen in a while

Underload

Lazy
@Dylan: Your friends seemed like free weight, and they would just stink up the apartment and suck on the drinks we had for ourselves. So we passed. Besides, we didn't get there intil about 3.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Yoooo sorry I couldn't go to the smashfest. Parents think everyone online is pedophile...well that is like...50% true but still!

I'll be going to that colorado cutthroat tourney though. If any of ya'll are there I can meet up with you, and maybe my parents well be less paranoid. =w=

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Sapphire Dragon says hi, and she dearly completely and utterly misses Colorado cause we're that cool of dudes.

I may have overextended her message some.

You know I'm a pimp cuz I got a lotta Trix!

Top Bottom