• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Boo, there was a melee tournament at FF as well? I checked the website and there was nothing about melee, just brawl. I would have probably went, especially since I did absolutely nothing this weekend. I didn't feel like driving that far and paying ridiculous venue prices for just Brawl after I heard the bad rep for that place.:(

Underload

Lazy
Boo, there was a melee tournament at FF as well? I checked the website and there was nothing about melee, just brawl. I would have probably went, especially since I did absolutely nothing this weekend. I didn't feel like driving that far and paying ridiculous venue prices for just Brawl after I heard the bad rep for that place.:(
Light, I've got a solution for you.

I'm running a Melee tourney this upcoming Saturday at around the same place as FF. You'll only be dishing out $20 dollars for entry, hopefully that's a ridiculous price. Interest from the Melee people is there, but there isn't too much of it right now. If they catch wind that a new, **** player is in town and he wants to take everyone's money, then I'm sure more will show up. Only singles, though, I have 6 hours to run both a Brawl and Melee bracket, I don't wanna be swamped with 4 events. 2 should be enough stress.

As per everyone else, here's the final word on the ruleset (includes both Melee and Brawl things):
  • (Brawl) The 7 minute timer remains.
  • (Brawl) To help with the community moving forward, I won't bother testing the different stage list this time. I'll post the standard one later.
  • (Melee / Brawl) Entry for Melee / Brawl is $10, with a $10 venue fee.
  • (Melee / Brawl)Important: If you want to enter both games, I'll give you a deal. I don't know which one yet, though. Either you get free entry into the 2nd game, and I'll split the $10 between both pots, or I'll give you a $5 discount on the 2nd game and ask which pot you'd like to put the $10 in and which you want the $5 in.
  • (Melee) Melee stage list is the standard Smashboards ruleset. 6 stages, normal CP list, the norm.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How about 5$ off of venue if you enter both games?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
yeah i could host.. who would come?

I WAN MELEE!!!!! i gues i could pick you up roman, although its kinda far...

prob just be you andm me though :(

repeat I CAN HOST!!!!!! IWILL HOST! ONLY NEED PEOPLE!

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Aww, Kenny might be at work. I'm sure if you called people they would come.

IF you want to pick me up then sure (:

If you want to wait to see if other people are coming, I can wait too.

EVERYONE COME TO MIKE'S HOUSE!

definitelynotsomeone

Smash Rookie
well now that some of you know who i am, i hope you guys understand why i posted or if not talk to me in person and i request that you guys keep my identity hidden thanks.

definitelynotsomeone.....away!!!!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
For those who don't know i was the TO with the Kilala hat, purple shirt and white undershirt
If their is something you guys want to get off your chest about the tourney Let me know. I want to at least try pleasing the majority

=/ Ok Ok Aside from all the hate
The only real problem I can see with the nvga this time is just the price and the lack of Noz in this one xD
Anyway
Some good **** happened this tourney and i think it went by smoothly (well it ended faster than when i say smoothly so i think it was better but that's my opinion)

Ummm I think nvga has fixed a nice amount of their problems. . . cept the venue fee. That's it! To me though!
And seeing as how everyone is going to attack it now I will defend the name that i am trying to better for everyone.
Also Colorado. . . Did you guys peak already? Everyone got owned by some OoSers and i was again dissappointed in how quick you guys were getting knocked out.
We need a peoples champ dammit and we need one that isn't going to be light (Sorry light nothing against you but if you become the peoples champ it will add on that CO has peaked)

OoSers- You Guys were awesome and owned CO pretty hard. But Colorado players are like sayains. We only come back Stronger when we heal >=( . So come back whenever so we can spoil you with (not real) combos xD

Fino- I finally saw you doing the work in fighting instead of your character. I was really impressed and will know recognize you as a cool/not generic brawl player =D Same with a lot of OoSers that i saw ( If sounds bad i swear i didn't mean for it to)

If i have more to say i'll continue

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Lmao Light's about to ****.
We have LoVo. He won't, don't worry.

Though he might **** @ EFL. I might not go to that, cuz $20 is a bit too pricey for me. Doesn't matter if it's EFL, NVGA, whatevs.

If I magically procure the fundage, I'll go.

Otherwise, we should have a Meleefest and Light should come up, mmhmm.

EDIT: Niiiiiiite, you prolly wanna be talkin' to Dan. Or Meno. Or Peter. Or like... the 4 other people that came to me asking me to take over, cuz you kept disappearing for huuuuuge chunks of time, didn't really know how to seed, etc.

The tournament coulda been done by 8, easy. We both know that. We've finished 50 man tourneys in less time.

Either way, till venue is fixed, NVGA's prolly gonna be dealing with some fundage issues. And after a backstab like that, I dunno how quickly I'll be returning to help.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Will a results thread be made for FF?

Also, can I get some help filling in the blanks?:

1) Affinity (MK)
2) Fino (Olimar)
3) Zeton (Fox)
4) Dave! (G&W)
5) Domo (MK)
5) Clel (MK/Marth)
7) ___________
7) ___________

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
We have LoVo. He won't, don't worry.

Though he might **** @ EFL. I might not go to that, cuz $20 is a bit too pricey for me. Doesn't matter if it's EFL, NVGA, whatevs.

If I magically procure the fundage, I'll go.

Otherwise, we should have a Meleefest and Light should come up, mmhmm.

EDIT: Niiiiiiite, you prolly wanna be talkin' to Dan. Or Meno. Or Peter. Or like... the 4 other people that came to me asking me to take over, cuz you kept disappearing for huuuuuge chunks of time, didn't really know how to seed.

The tournament coulda been done by 8, easy. We both know that. We've finished 50 man tourneys in less time.

Either way, till venue is fixed, NVGA's prolly gonna be dealing with some fundage issues.
Ok If they have a problem they can tell me. I won't bite.
And as for the seeding partI tried to fix it the best i could after dan messed it up ( Dan your new to this don't sweat it i used to mess it up too, but you really should have talked to the Oosters insted of the CO people. I know how good CO is and how to arrange them in a bracket) And the tourney should habe been done by 8 it actually got delayed by Fino and the other guy that Did Falcon dittos then ended up not counting as a real set even though they agreed it was real. . . or so they said. But that doesn't matter cause at the time everything but 1 tv was freeplay. So I guess I'm blind since i didn't see the problem with this tourney. We finished on time and people got freeplay while the tourney was going. This one was the only were i looked the other way when i saw people doing freeplay because we were always ahead of schedule.
If anyone else had a problem let me know.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice

1) Affinity (MK)
2) Fino (Olimar)
3) Zeton (Fox)
4) Dave! (G&W)
5) Domo (MK)
5) Clel (MK/Marth)
7) Lvl~Zero I think that's how his tag looks but i had him down as Lvl-0
7)Bees
=D
Here you go

Underload

Lazy
I don't think we should boycott NVGA. I just think we should rely on them less.

If EFL next week goes well (I'm serious, if there's any tourney I need people to show up to, it's that...) then we'll have another source of tournies. (Good first impression will mean future events. Locals are what make states better, not tournies with OoS attendees and venue fees that actually turn people away. Having regular Melee tournies should also be good, right?)

If Tony decides to bunker with Tim and a few others in a new pad, that'll help us immensely. No venue to pay for, relaxed atmosphere, controlled environment with only smash (maybe a dozen or so people for BB, iunno) will feel more like a smashfest than an actual tourney, with a bit of competition. This whole shindig is about having fun with the game itself and through the idea of competition.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
No, don't blame Dan for the seeding.

I took a look at the pre-bracket and it was really awful. A lot of the top players were facing each other the first match and byes were going to randoms, so Dan okayed for me to try to fix up it. I've never seeded before, but basically I tried to mix the Kansas and Colorado players thoroughly enough for the first matches, and I think I did okay in that aspect. I had no idea the sides of the bracket mattered, and so when it was pointed out that it was basically Kansas on top, and Colorado on bottom... it didn't feel too great.

And it still doesn't. So, I apologize - especially to Kansas.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
No, don't blame Dan for the seeding.

I took a look at the pre-bracket and it was really awful. A lot of the top players were facing each other the first match and byes were going to randoms, so Dan okayed for me to try to fix up it. I've never seeded before, but basically I tried to mix the Kansas and Colorado players thoroughly enough for the first matches, and I think I did okay in that aspect. I had no idea the sides of the bracket mattered, and so when it was pointed out that it was basically Kansas on top, and Colorado on bottom... it didn't feel too great.

And it still doesn't. So, I apologize - especially to Kansas.
Oh well i owe Dan an apology Since that was my only real problem that whole tourney
And underload is right
You guys need to play more somewhere
Like have real tourneys at tims house or something for practice and more ****
Melee people had my old house where all we did was play smash 24 hours with vault and blast music and had a great time "Known to some melee players as the best summer EVAR!!!"
I think you guys need something like that. Oh and of course always more set ups =D
And don't sandbag tourneys. That just makes you lose and jon more on the big day

Dekar173

Justice Man
lmfao meno.

Easy bracket magic (assuming you're not relying on tio/don't know how to make tio do the magic for you)

Take the # of OOSers attending, and divide that by 4. Each fourth of the bracket should have this number of people in it (spread about evenly).

Who are the OOS top 4 players? Make sure they're all in separate quadrants of the bracket.

Who are the CO top 4 players? repeat line above.

Of course this can be skewed by how many OOSers are attending (and their talent pool) so where you have 4 OOSers "seeded" you could actually have 6, and 2 CO players, or the reverse.

Take a long hard look at a bracket some time (with seeding) and I'm sure it'll click Meno :)

Bees!

Smash Ace

1) Affinity (MK)
2) Fino (Olimar)
3) Zeton (Fox)
4) Dave! (G&W)
5) Domo (MK)
5) Clel (MK/Marth)
7) Lvl~Zero(MK)
7) Bees(R.O.B.)
Mention who we use Nite plez

Underload

Lazy
What's this?
Here's the basics.

900 Auraria Pkwy
Denver, CO 80204
(by the Tivoli Student Union)

Imagine you're standing outside the FF venue.

Go down one floor (to the 2nd floor), walk to the back of the building and look for a side exit. Go outside, and you should see the Starz Film Center, a movie theatre. Walk inside, the people should know you're going to the tourney. Go toward the videogame sounds. That's where it is.

It's next Saturday, the 30th I believe. I'm hosting. Brawl singles only, I axed doubles for Melee singles.

TO EVERYBODY
Casuals start @ 10:30am
Start time @ 12:00pm

*Tournament WILL start EXACTLY @ 12pm. If you are late, you are not getting in the bracket. You are not buying your way in. Show up on time if you plan on being apart of this event. We will NOT be waiting for folks that go missing in any match. If you are called 3 times and none of the directors know where you are at, DQ. DQ will count as a loss for ex: if you are in the winners, you will go the the losers. If you are in the losers, you are out of the tournament.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh hey Affinity, good stuff. Same for you Zeton and Domo.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Got to see Z actually get pissed

Despite getting mad, pretty sure Z busted his *** only to not see a cent
Heh. I was really frustrated; not pissed yet. If you found me with a bloody hand/knuckles and possibly a hole in the wall, then you know I'm pissed ;)

And yeah, he finally paid me in full. Still mad that I'm still not getting compensated for the equipment I lug around. I'm quitting after Wasabi. It's bull****.

Getting laptop and posting here and on the corresponding board soon. I'll send you a PM.

And as for the seeding partI tried to fix it the best i could after dan messed it up ( Dan your new to this don't sweat it i used to mess it up too, but you really should have talked to the Oosters insted of the CO people.
EDIT: Nevermind. Deleted rage post.

Top Bottom