• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
14376 E. Tennessee Ave , Aurora 80012

APT: Sommerset Apartments, Buidling: 4 , Room 214

Melleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, Colorado is better than every state. Better than Texas even.

**** Texas. Bunch of pansies that are scrubs in comparison to us.

CO got FF.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm better than M2K. Somebody give me a ride to P4 so I can own his face.

Am I better at this game yet?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
<3 you about 2x as much, Dave.
So really, we gonna win FF?

From OoS, the main contenders are Affinity (MK) and Dekar (Diddy).
Fin0 is good to, but doesn't pose the same caliber threat.
Sucks that CO doesn't really know either of these. I half-heatedly play a meh MK and Zaj kinda sometimes plays Diddy? Everyone read their MU guides...lol?

I know Affinity and Fin0 are teaming...Dave who are you teaming with?
CO+ teams to contend: Tim+Dook Dave+???
I'm teammateless as it seems for now. If Darklink is coming we MIGHT be contenders as well, relying pretty heavily on DL. Really though...Fin0 and Affinity will be ****. Watch out for that ****.

Bees!

Smash Ace
True. Imma leave that to Dave and Tim. GLHF!

If nobody know the Tink mu I have a chance...
At least you still have a no hardcore counter thing. I don't have a chance... I main R.O.B
Just 1 MK shows up and there goes R.O.B

I really need help with that MU.
Otherwise my only hope is that my R.O.B becomes Self-Aware before FF.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I need someone to team with at Fighter Frenzy.

I'm doing a double-Ivysaur-ditto MM against Steeler on Rainbow Cruise and need a teammate.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
At least you still have a no hardcore counter thing. I don't have a chance... I main R.O.B
Just 1 MK shows up and there goes R.O.B

I really need help with that MU.
Otherwise my only hope is that my R.O.B becomes Self-Aware before FF.
OMG Bees...Really? With the way you view MK, you'll never be able to beat one.

And ROB does better against MK than Tink does. This is widely accepted. MK HARD counters tink.

If you really want a definite even MU with MK, second MK.

Bees!

Smash Ace
OMG Bees...Really? With the way you view MK, you'll never be able to beat one.

And ROB does better against MK than Tink does. This is widely accepted. MK HARD counters tink.

If you really want a definite even MU with MK, second MK.
You know what you are right. I just really need someone to help with that MU. Hopefully CT has been studying up on MK. I'm just being frank about the matter.
1.)Its a bad MU
2.)Its a bad MU that I have little applicable experience in
3.)If I don't change numbers 1 and 2 I can expect number 4.
4.)Defeat

But since Zaj is here to be the motivator I think I can muster up some confidence.

I won't lose to any broken MK at FF. If I fight one I will face it and defeat it!!!

Hows that?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Perfect!
Also I just wanted you to take back your statement, "At least you still have a no hardcore counter thing. I don't have a chance... I main R.O.B
Just 1 MK shows up and there goes R.O.B" as Tink has even more trouble here. Really. One Dair offstage and we're gimped.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** yeah, Bees knows what's up.

I wanna see that MK get tossed in a ****ing blender and eaten for breakfast. Come out of that fight with the sparks flying.

Ex:

If Bees doesn't look like this after his first fight with an MK, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Dylan, you're bad at the whole motivation thing.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
To be honest Bees, I dunno why you reference the boards so often. I hope you don't take anyone's match-up ratios seriously beyond your own - especially in application. It's gonna mess you up a lot thinking "the ROB boards say this match-up is unwinnable", even worse when you believe them. :/

I haven't cared about ratios for a long time - but occasionally I chirp into the Peach boards MU thread to see if I agree or not.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Perfect!
Also I just wanted you to take back your statement, "At least you still have a no hardcore counter thing. I don't have a chance... I main R.O.B
Just 1 MK shows up and there goes R.O.B" as Tink has even more trouble here. Really. One Dair offstage and we're gimped.
I will take back you not having any hardcore counter comment. However I won't say that you have any worse than ROB only that it is bad in different ways and in some of the same ways. Rather than one Dair with ROB its just camp the ledge with Dairs while I try to recover until I run out of fuel. Just one example. Not saying its worse than yours now. I formally withdraw my previous statement of despair and hopelessness. But I wont get into a debate on whose **** is smaller.

You're doing it wrong! @.@

1. Vs. MK = easy win
2. ???
3. PROFIT!
1.MK>R.O.B
2.MK=Kabal
3.R.O.B>Kabal
You figure that one out >=D

**** yeah, Bees knows what's up.

I wanna see that MK get tossed in a ****ing blender and eaten for breakfast. Come out of that fight with the sparks flying.

Ex:

If Bees doesn't look like this after his first fight with an MK, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Dylan, you're bad at the whole motivation thing.
I better hit the gym then(and the roids for that matter) Because win or lose there is no way I am looking like that after any match.

To be honest Bees, I dunno why you reference the boards so often. I hope you don't take anyone's match-up ratios seriously beyond your own - especially in application. It's gonna mess you up a lot thinking "the ROB boards say this match-up is unwinnable", even worse when you believe them. :/

I haven't cared about ratios for a long time - but occasionally I chirp into the Peach boards MU thread to see if I agree or not.
Maybe I might gripe about the MUs too much however I have my own opinions. Many(Mostly ROB boards, Boards and Prax1s) say Peach is a ROB counter or that its impossible for ROB to win and other comments. I would disagree. I think its an even MU. I just notice what experience I have with MUs. I've never beaten a competent MK. I think I could do better if I had more experience(I play your Peach a lot and have played most of the Marths in Colorado. Also I play JCVD quite a bit.)
So I am confident that I would do well in those MUs but I lack the first hand experience in that MU so naturally its making a tough situation worse. Its kind of like you and Marth. Only my weakness is MK. But noted that I shouldn't consider this "unwinnable."

EDIT OF TOPIC CHANGE:I am trying to upload some matches on Youtube but it isn't working. Does youtube support avi format? Or does it need to convert. Id that is the case can anyone recommend a free converter program or something?

Edit of Kombative mathematical calculations:
Z I did the math!!!!
MK>R.O.B
MK=Kabal
Kabal<Stryker
R.O.B=Stryker
So rounding it up we get...
R.O.B is = or > MK

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You don't have to debate... believe what you want. However, it is a given that Rob does better against MK than Tink. Despite this, when I was MMing Yaz, you didn't hear me complaining about the MU then entire time. Making MU excuses takes you nowhere.

And didn't you tell me that your boards put the MU as just as bad as the Kirbies? I know for Tink it's 65-35 and despite how you moan about it, it sure as hell ain't 65-35 MK vs ROB.

ROB is high tier and has the tools. Complain about MK and get Chibo syndrome or accept it and learn the MU. If you can't learn this, pick a different character. Stop using "the boards" as if they're some omnipotent brawl god. You don't even contribute to them.

TL;DR It may sound mean but it's true. You make it seem like ROB gets wrecked more than anyone else by MK and out of most of the cast, rob has the better MU. I had to restate this because when Meno gave you the soundest advice EVAR, you just johned more.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Perfect!
Boo
****ing

hoo

Underload

Lazy
65:35 isn't bad

Moblin thinks 80:20's are freakin' easy, because although he knows the facts, he works things from his own angle. (read: he ***** Zaj's Snake.) Don't overstate matchups.

And DTL went all Tink, right? That sounds pretty easy, actually. Not gonna lie.

*shot by school*

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
AMAZING revival of melee scene fest yesterday, many thanks to Roman for hosting

everyone - get owned
jeris - YOUR LUCK HAS RUN OUT SON

Good luck at #4 Ben, hopefully all our training paid off cause dont worry, cosmo aint **** compared to my marth

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Best smashfest in a looooooooong time. So good that they are no longer "Meleefest"s. If I say smashfest, I mean Melee. Brawlfest=brawl, and ...mixfest?whateverfest?=whatever

People that showed:

Me
Kenny
Ben
Ferdi
Yang
Roman (durr)
Sam
Jeris
Ken
LoVo
Erg
Tim
MIKEZOR?!?!
Vincent (whutlol)

People that should have shown:

Chap
Nite
Tranz
Victor
Danz
Anyone new that wanted to skyrocket their skill level in a single night

People that should have shown but likely had no possible way of showing:

UL
Moblin
Joey
Yugi
Yami Shin

Memes created:

Your luck has run out! (son variant optional)

People utterly and hopelessly destroyed:

Darkrain (by Wobbles, the most heartless **** ever. <3 Wobbles)

Jeris - GETOWNED! Start playin' with us more. Jiggz vs Luigi isn't as bad as Chap says. Might even be Jiggz favour. Just can't rush in and try to shut him down. Grats on ****** my Jiggz with Marth, tho. Kenny's right, we should team and do double ping.
Ken - Holy **** ****ing Everclear ****ing hurts. But it's the first alcohol I've ever played better (or at least more confident) after drinking. I'd try taking a straight shot before every tournament, but I almost died from just that one.
LoVo - Time to start practicin' and getting good again.
Erg - Needs to learn how to fight characters he can't shine. Or to just pick Marth. Great music.
Roman - GREAT SMASHFEST! You're improving, and because of your desire to improve, we are, too. Thanks, man.
Ben - Ferdi's right. Cosmo ain't got ****. 2-0 him, and everyone else in your super-easy pool.
Sam - Good to see the will to improve. Thanks for pizza+greens, and I hope you feel like you got some seriously good matches in vs our tops.
Yang - I'm kinda excited to play MARVEL?!?, I just need to find a place that sells the supplies to fix my stick for cheap, and then I'll be ready to start owning.
Ferdi - Mikezor and I are gonna **** you guize.
Chap + Nite - Live more unfulfilling lives.

hmm...to go or not to go to Roman's...I could probably bring a full setup including a tv...

Depends if a friend wants to go clubbing I guess :D
You guessed wrong. Missed out on the biggest thing of your life.

You're doing it wrong! @.@

1. Vs. MK = easy win
2. ???
3. PROFIT!
Steal your dad's pair, so you can use them next time to show up to smashfests and get paid by Greg. Btw, Dan, how old are you?

===

If Roman is okay with hosting, I say we try to do a HUGE Melee tourney/fest all day Saturday. Seriously, last night showed me that our Melee scene is both alive, and strong as ****. All Erg needs is a week, and he'll be hot **** again, LoVo, too. Ken's always good, mmhmm. 4-5 set-ups of Melee in the main room, P4 melee stream in the bedroom? 1 n64 set-up in the bedroom, too. That game is madd fun, especially after a shot of Everclear.

Mexicans vs CO's top should happen then, too. I'm not looking forward to the ******* "we don't care anymore" john, tho, so maybe it's better that Chap didn't answer his phone. Still, it'd be nice to see if Danger Doom can beat Azn Invasion. I'm betting on "not by a long shot" right now, tho.

Hypeass smashfest. It went to 3:30, and I nearly died from too much smashing and not enough eating. =( GGs, everyone that showed.

Everyone that didn't, GETOWNED!

===

Oh, and thanks LoVo/Ken for actually giving feedback about my idea for the combo vid intro. Gonna look into that. I think for the last one, we should just show a clip of Rob ****** someone, and have someone like... punch him in the face or throw their controller. Poor Darkrain.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I don't think MK is even that terrible...
It's just that if Tink still CAN win, ROB should be just fine.

And Peter's: "And DTL went all Tink, right? That sounds pretty easy, actually. Not gonna lie."

IDK what he's saying exactly here...That it's easy to go all Tink? Wat?

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Lol indeed I did miss out on a big thing, should've gone, oh well. Maybe if there's something before I head back up to school saturday I'll go, and by maybe i mean probably.

Also Tony, if I record ****ty videos of my falco before then would you be willing to give me some advice if we don't get a chance to play soon? :D I'll love you forever. super homo.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
Once upon a time in the colorado smash community, where melee rules the land, it was prophecized that 4 stunning brawlers would come and save the day. what what what. arriving in colorado 4 motherfckers emerged to teach a valued lesson, but you can your blessings about the beatings thats about to occur, come on!

Names Tim, im the leader of the gang, cant wavedash anymore but im critically acclaimed

Introducing Menounderwater, the jack of all trades, pulling out items and floating, leaving all of them all in their graves

And theirs a toon link and a gnw, fixin to put a hurtin on all you fckin b1tches

DTL: dont forget after this i gotta post on the forums, i cant go on without saying no homo

Meno: Im the peach player, pimpin the crown all day, names meno need mr saturn yah i got that, watch your step cause i stand where your fall, floating abilities and thats not all, ostentatiously fashinable, wha whats my name *****, blow you up with a bomb and then saber you, it takes three men just to do what i do

Dave: and thats my cue, 2-d mischief and i do what i do, cause I learned all my skills from another time and age, bow down to me b1tches cause im deliciousdavei pull my turtle all day and im lookin something vicious, all the ladies call me lucky cause im magically delicious, got my ! point so sign me up for the brawl of all time!

Now we travel all the way to the temple of caves to defeat the once powerful melee player tony

Tony: HA HA HA *evil laugh*

Your defense is weak fatin tougher than you! deason brawler to a deason melee player, good night for you! im light speeds ahead of you now bleed out my bite!

Meno: i can ***** slap you all day, critics are thumbin in awe!

Tony: who do you think you are? 4 brawlers who dont know reall skill, dont make me laugh, stand aside brawlers ill make a mockery of you!

Dave: but you'll be pushin up roses by the time that im through! ya done it now, shut your mouth look what you made me do!

DTL: you cant keep up with me you fckin slow a@@ punk your little zss or mk cant stop my powerful boomerrang, once you were the best brawler in the state, now you're nothin but a fckin crumbum, chum!

Tony: is that all you got you vexations queefs, ill knock you down and make you wish you haven't messed with me ha ha

You think you can win, your only strong in your head! were the 4 brawlers and were gonna take you out

*victory music*

Tony: you think you won but your story has only begun, I summon 4 melee players even stronger me

To be continued......??

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
God ****, we need the rep system back. All my points would be spent right there. Also, my avatar will be changing just because of this.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Ya, that smashfest was tight. I picked up a lot from everyone pretty much-there were some good matches!
thanks for the tips and i'm definately down for saturday sooooo should get on that ****.

Nice meeting you again bloshi, gl at pound 4-just remember even marth cant stop a random boot to the gut.

and i'll have whatever dave is doing. really

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah tony get that stick fixed asap, if u need help in marvel i'd be glad to teach u. I mean it only took ferdi like a day to get the infinite down.

And thank you roman for hosting the smashfest it was alot of fun. Unfortunately everyone just had to use their luck on me.

EVERYONE PICK UP MARVEL NOW!

Top Bottom