• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Steam

Smash Hero
no Tim. You main wario and are expected to take your bike. It can't be that hard to resist the urge to blow it up and throw its tires at people.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
So,... while I'm in town, I think I'll make Zournament. Enter Brawl/Melee singles. Enter Blazblue. Enter Salt Party 2.

Anyone want to play with me beforehand? I need help killing time this week.

EDIT: Btw, PM me with a number I can use to contact someone so I can get there. I'd appreciate it.
/ignored

: /

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
So I was bored and messing around w/ clawing. I always thought that it was much better than holding the controller regularly, but it just wasn't very comfortable so people didn't bother w/ it. I was having a few problems though. I couldn't really get a firm grasp onto the grab button (Z i'm on default controls). I was trying to use my ring finger. Is there another button i should map grab too or am I holding it wrong, or am I just a baby and it's not that hard to do. Also I couldn't do jump to nair instantly meaning no OOS nairs, but now I could do dairs and fair much easier. Any tips?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Messed around with claw for a bit. Found it only helped during fighters, but then I got a stick..

If anything, I found that holding the controller the same way, but extending the index finger onto the face was a bit helpful. It's awkward in all hell, but execution felt nice.

my2bits

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
@Tony, how's this stage list?

Neutral:
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Dreamland
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams (Pokemon Stadium for Doubles)

Counter:
  • Mute City
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • DK64

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I randomly switch to claw during matches, and don't even realize it. If you watch my hands, you'll see I use it in certain scenarios without even trying. It's a very effecting controller hold.

Also, I already ate my bike =/

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
*sigh* I havn't played mario tennis for ever. Im gonna be like the fat kid in a dodgeball game that gets picked last. :<

Hmm anyways im gonna have to *siiigh* wake up early to go to the tourney and *siiiiigh* hang out at my sisters work for 4 hours so we can *SIIIIIIIIIGH* probably get lost trying to find zournament. Bwah. I need some motivation to gooo.

Also whats the claw exactly? :V I haz no stick.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Trust me, the first time you try to get the Dan's house. you will get lost.

FSCK star ranch road.
learn2readdirections

If old geezers and tech illiterate people can get to my house without getting lost, what does that make you

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
@Tony, how's this stage list?

Neutral:
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Dreamland
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams (Pokemon Stadium for Doubles)

Counter:
  • Mute City
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • DK64
That should be fine. It's a little scrawny, so I'll look through the stage list later and tweak it (add stages), but so far, so good.

Although if people in CO would be okay with it, I'd like to move YS and either DL64 or FoD to CP. YS is really really really not a neutral stage, in my opinion.

I randomly switch to claw during matches, and don't even realize it. If you watch my hands, you'll see I use it in certain scenarios without even trying. It's a very effecting controller hold.

Also, I already ate my bike =/
I also randomly switch how I hold the controller. I think that's the best way to do it.

Underload

Lazy
@Manny: There are 6 of us. That includes me.

Also, I need details from you asap. When you're showing up, how soon you want to leave, etc. I've gotta coordinate with 5 other guys :/

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
6!?

Holy ****!

k, so it's time to start a mock list of how many people are coming

Moving list to event post.

I KNOW I missed people. Shout out now please.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
6?!

Uhh, I guess that works? Though that means I can't take Dylan and people. Though of course the car is still kinda tentative. I'll get my uncle to confirm or deny asap.

Registration doesn't start till noon, so let's leave Tim's by 10? Yea?

Underload

Lazy
Okay. We'll be there at around 9:30.

And Dan, it's 6 INCLUDING ME HOLY **** YOU'RE ****ING DFAKL:FSGJD***KLD

But yeah. RedLegion, PeachKid, Heibrahi might bring a couple of people, Munch, the Melee guys, Spencer, Jamaal(?), BlazBlue players? It's probably around 30 people.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm still wrestling with my job hours, but worst comes to worst I'll get my shift done in the morning and then come join Roblin and everyone down in the springs in the late afternoon/evening.

Underload

Lazy
Oh yeah. Anybody want to team for doubles? On a partially related note, if Fishbait somehow read this, want to practice for the tournament sometime before Saturday?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Thank goodness I just cleared more of the basement out.

****, if we keep growing Zournament, I'm going to have to check out venues soon.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Waaah. I need a hype dose guys. Gotta go threw quite a bit to get there, and im battling with boredom and shyness!
HYPE ME! HYPE ME NOW! D:

Underload

Lazy
Maybe, Ryker. I'd like to get some chemistry going with one of the local guys, but I've never teamed with OoS, so it might be a fun time.

Also, 99% sure we're taking a friend's Land Cruiser up to Tim's and eventually down to the Springs. Seats 8. Everybody's telling everybody about this tournament, so we're up to 8 people, including me. We're bringing a TV and a Wii. We'll be there around 10. If Meno or somebody needs to contact me to see where we are or whatever, my number's on the Smash Map.

I guess there being 20-25 Brawl entrants at Zournament is hype, right?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also, 99% sure we're taking a friend's Land Cruiser up to Tim's and eventually down to the Springs. Seats 8.
Oh that makes things a lot easier.

1. Me
  2. PK
  3. Red
  4. Dylan
  5. Dylan Friend 1 (?)
  6. Dylan Friend A (?)
  7. Dylan Friend å (?)
  8. Tim (?)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I guess there being 20-25 Brawl entrants at Zournament is hype, right?
That and peachkid might be coming. :D
When I was first getting into competitive brawl I saw a few vids of him. To me hes just a very inspiring player. C: I swear man, once I heard he might show up, I ran to my sis and im like "HOLY **** BEST PEACH PLAYER EVER GOING TO THIS TOURNEY AHHHHHHHH"

I'll try not to meatride. :3

Hmm and whats this about tim not going? I wanted to fight his wario? :<

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
I'm hyped for this thing, you guys are probably used to it though. First smash tourney, I know I'm gonna get rolled, but man it's gonna be fun.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
No not really... At least I'm still freaking out about preparation and stuff.

Also, who can bring TVs/Wiis? By the number of people that are coming, we are majorly short.

Top Bottom