• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
:D i'm lost and where u were going with that... but yea........ srry chu, i entertained him on your thread :s

send me stuff in pm's please :)

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
dam chudattt you should teachh us this mind gamesss and all this when you come down! i want to be able to fel preapeared for any tournament man, you gotta help us out so me and your cousis can representt even better napless man! this sounds too good man hit me up man see how that kirbys is doing

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Isn't the dthrow to dthrow alt grab for ICs TECHNICALLY not an infinite?!?!?! you move forward and eventually run out of stage to use.

ICs infinite grabs are definitely gay but banning them is a total cop out chu, especially when omni candy and even myself beat can all beat meep with our own methods. lets not forget the best point of all,

YOU USED ICS IN MELEE AND DID THE EXACT SAME THING TO EVERYONE FOR YEARS!!!!!!

sure there are differences between melee and brawl ICs, but if the issue is "a player losing control and not being able to escape", than it is exactly the same. meep does well at like 2-3 tournaments and the infinite is immediately banned? not fair imo, especially when i bet all the rest of MD/VA would get ***** with ICs in tourney.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Isn't the dthrow to dthrow alt grab for ICs TECHNICALLY not an infinite?!?!?! you move forward and eventually run out of stage to use.

ICs infinite grabs are definitely gay but banning them is a total cop out chu, especially when omni candy and even myself beat can all beat meep with our own methods. lets not forget the best point of all,

sure there are differences between melee and brawl ICs, but if the issue is "a player losing control and not being able to escape", than it is exactly the same. meep does well at like 2-3 tournaments and the infinite is immediately banned? not fair imo, especially when i bet all the rest of MD/VA would get ***** with ICs in tourney.
This.

I've come to the conclusion that most of MD/VA are just a bunch of wimps and sissies.

****, I went there.

ChuDat

Smash Master

That is the exact reason why I ban the infinite. "A player losing all control of his character and 0% chance to escape". Meep has been dominating the past 3-5 tournaments in this area, not to mention the recent months he has been placing top 3 at practically every tournament he attends. He has perfected the chain grab now to the point where it could be considered as a "broken move".

Yeah you, Candy, and Omni are all able to beat Meep NOW. Once Meep starts beating you guys as well, I'll be here. If Meep is unable to beat you guys, then I think that's dumb. That's basically saying that the only characters that can beat Meep are Snake and MK. People would have to be forced to use these characters, he did it to me lolz. You can't consider Neo's sheik in this argument since he was ***** in the second match once Meep figured him out. Of course Meep can lose one match to sheik, that's like when I beat Meep once, then lose to him in 1-3 in finals.

Keeping the infinite in will promote more camping. People CANNOT APPROACH against the IC. Once you approach, you get grabbed. Once you get grabbed, your whole stock is gone. Planking seems like the only strategy to beat this, or, running out the timer. I'm not even banning it completely, IC players still have the option to do at MOST 5 grabs before they must throw their opponent away. You can get creative with this. Grab1 -> footstool Ice block -> Grab2 -> forward air spike -> Grab3 -> Grab4 -> etc..

My IC's in Melee were completely different. People could still combo me, gimp my Nana at 0%, smash DI, etc. There were MULTIPLE ways to get out of my chain grabs or get around them and the only character I could truly do a 0-death CG was on sheik, and even then you could still get out if you DI off the stage. The only comparable move is Wobbling since Wobbling is the exact same thing as Brawls IC Chain grab, except that Wobbling is easier to do. Regardless, the opponent will lose all control of his character and will be unable to fight. I find this dishonorable, that's why I rarely Wobbled in Melee. Wobbling was banned at MANY tournaments and I still won tournaments, so why can't I ban the IC infinite in Brawl since it is practically the same thing? I don't care if it's "harder" to do, they do the SAME THING.

Omni

BRoomer
I beat Meep with my MK, DDD, Snake, and Diddy lol.

You just have to know how to play IC's.

And camping isn't a bad thing. Any form of competition whether it be sports, first person shooters, fighting games, chess, or anything else essentially proves that camping/turtling/playing defensively/not attacking is a good strategy.

In football when you have the lead you can just do run plays all day to assure you don't turn over the ball and run out the clock at the same time. If you're ahead in KO's or points in boxing, there's no point for a TKO when you can play it safe and defensive. In fps hiding behind a door waiting for a person to run through them and shooting them in the back is fine. In SF4, Sagat's main game is to just keep you away from him by shooting fireballs, throwing out long range moves, and running away.

There's nothing wrong with this strategy; it's a good way to win and there's nothing dishonorable about it.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I would've beaten Meep last time me and him played in tourny but I tripped and got grabbed.

Anyway thats besides the point, the point is its easy to NOT get grabbed when playing ic's, you just need to know how to avoid being grabbed.

just because kirby is a bad match up against ic's doesnt mean anything.

I beat Mk's all the time with Marth and he has a bad match-up against him same thing with Snake I JV 3 stocked candy last tourny me and him played in.

you just need to learn the match-up, or get a secondary.

I'm pretty sure if you got together with meep and played a bunch of friendlies outside of tourny you'd figure something out dude.

By banning it your only hurting us in the long run when there's ECRC's and other big tournys

and also Neo Sd'd when they played

meepxzero

Smash Master
People are just arguing for me chu because the character is horrible without the infinite (if you played ic for fun you would know what im talking about). You would know as good as i do ic are bad without the grabs because u kinda gave up on them the beginning of brawl. I know limiting to 5 is the best solution, but sometimes i cg so fast i lose count ( i kinda go off on nana as the last grab because its nana....popo...nana...popo...nana) and some characters i have to take a lotta damage to get in a grab (mostly snake and mk).

Melee climbers can fight without cging, but brawl its kinda all they have going for them. Your arguement because the infinite is so good that only snake and mk can win, its kinda the same debate with mk going on now with him getting banned (he loses to snake and has no bad match-ups).

I truly believe ic are the 3rd best in the game (i only play to see them 3rd on the tier list i dont even really care about winning money) and i kinda laugh at people when they say wario is. I dunnoo al accept it being banned if mk ever gets banned in this game. I feel if his gay stuff stays ice climbers gay stuff stays. This is a really hot new broken thing, but there are ways around it. People thought mk was impossible to beat, but now players are getting better to the point and beating him. Whos to say the same thing wont happen with ice climbers? Might be a slower process because there are barely any ic mains (i only count myself and lain as dangerous ones), but if im dominating with them then people will start jumping the bandwagon and using them thus expanding the metagame on how to beat them.

People will camp ic regardless of the ban chu. When they banned wobbling i remember u still getting camped pretty badly.

Just my two cents.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I beat Meep with my MK, DDD, Snake, and Diddy lol.

You just have to know how to play IC's.

And camping isn't a bad thing. Any form of competition whether it be sports, first person shooters, fighting games, chess, or anything else essentially proves that camping/turtling/playing defensively/not attacking is a good strategy.

In football when you have the lead you can just do run plays all day to assure you don't turn over the ball and run out the clock at the same time. If you're ahead in KO's or points in boxing, there's no point for a TKO when you can play it safe and defensive. In fps hiding behind a door waiting for a person to run through them and shooting them in the back is fine. In SF4, Sagat's main game is to just keep you away from him by shooting fireballs, throwing out long range moves, and running away.

There's nothing wrong with this strategy; it's a good way to win and there's nothing dishonorable about it.
In every single one of your examples, the opponent still has control and is still able to figure out how to win. I agree that Camping, Turtling, etc is a true and legit strategy, I never said it wasn't. I just don't want my tournament matches to last until the clock runs out. In Melee, there were a lot of Samus players who just stood there, ran away, and did nothing but shoot missles. This is turtling, and it's a "g@y" strategy. I didn't care since I wobbled these people. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. I have no trouble at all fighting people who camp hard, except Snakee.

Did you beat Meep IN TOURNAMENT with those characters? I don't think so.

Go to BMX's tournament tomorrow Omni since you think you have such a high understanding of playing IC's, and use nothing but DDD and Diddy on Meep every match. Then I'll stop talking :).

hova

Smash Champion
IC can be beat by multiple characters and you don't need to camp them to win. you also can gimp Nana pretty easily depending on the character

Marth, Wario, Mario, Luigi, Jiggs, Samus, Peach, Lucario, G&W and Pikachu are all characters that I believe can deal with ICs and their grabs. I'm still for banning the CG because I think it's stupid and really dumbs down the game, but it's definitely not unbeatable

IMO the md/va tournies as of late have not been too competitive. Azen, Chillin, Neo, Forte, Omni have been almost non existent so Meep placing high in those few tournies shouldn't carry much weight.

If you ban the infinite, you should definitely think it over and do it for adequate reasons. It just sounds like you haven't figured out how to beat Meep and are getting frustrated.

But don't get me wrong, I'm extremely comfortable fighting ICs and still thing the infinites need to go.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure if you got together with meep and played a bunch of friendlies outside of tourny you'd figure something out dude.
I'm sure of that too. However, I don't think that will ever happen anytime soon :urg:. That's like telling Meep, "Hey Meep! Play me so I can learn how to beat you in tournament!". That's also dishonorable lolz. If I'm going to figure out how to beat him, then it's something I gotta do my self.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spammer I want to play your Mk at apex (yes im well aware of the outcome, but if I dont get the practice here I never will)
I can't go to apex because of finals :(. I honestly don't think any amount of practice can mitigate how bad the matchup is. Marth can only cover 1 out of 4 of Meta's options at a neutral situation, he is awful above Meta Knight, and he has a terrible time trying to get off the ledge. Even if Marth manages to win one match by being exponentially smarter, he can't possibly win on a counterpick stage and then he has to has to super outplay the Meta again.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
But thats one of the best ways to learn match-ups.

Its not too much diff. from playing Azen or Chillin for practice, I mean yeah your practicing but ultimately your learning that match-up

Yeah your right about that spammer, sorry you cant go to apex :( good luck on your finals
I'll figure out that match-up one day tho lol

hova

Smash Champion
I'm sure of that too. However, I don't think that will ever happen anytime soon :urg:. That's like telling Meep, "Hey Meep! Play me so I can learn how to beat you in tournament!". That's also dishonorable lolz. If I'm going to figure out how to beat him, then it's something I gotta do my self.
that's how u really think dude? i would teach anyone who asked how to beat Peach or give them as much training as they asked for as long as they were cool about it.

i'm pretty sure any other Cooter would do the same. we really don't hold back in friendlies if you're of an equal skill level

you getting better at the match up will only help Meep get better in turn

edit: it's all about beating NY/NJ baby!!!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Kirby vs. Ice Climbers is 65:35 or worse in favor of ICs. It's not so much that the Ice Climbers are broken or whatever, it's just Kirby. Just pick up ROB or Snake or something.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
In every single one of your examples, the opponent still has control and is still able to figure out how to win. I agree that Camping, Turtling, etc is a true and legit strategy, I never said it wasn't. I just don't want my tournament matches to last until the clock runs out. In Melee, there were a lot of Samus players who just stood there, ran away, and did nothing but shoot missles. This is turtling, and it's a "g@y" strategy. I didn't care since I wobbled these people. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. I have no trouble at all fighting people who camp hard, except Snakee.
You can break out of the grab from 0-50%

Don't get grabbed, space, and don't get hit

Omni

BRoomer
I wouldn't pick DDD or Diddy against IC's in tournament simply because my MK is more effective at getting the job done. The point I was trying to make is that it's not the character that beats IC's but understanding how to fight IC's in general.

Meep hates losing. Even in friendlies. I've given him serious practice against many of characters against his IC's and both of us were going full force. Meep would come over and say, "Alright, Omni. I just want you to spam tornado and be as gay as possible against my IC's, *insert Meep laugh*".

One thing that all of the characters I mentioned is that they have projectiles or great ways desync IC's. Unfortunately for you Kirby doesn't have either of these. It's just not a great match-up for you although I'm sure you could find a way to even the field just like everyone else has been trying to do against MK.

I honestly don't care if it's banned or not.

ChuDat

Smash Master
IC can be beat by multiple characters and you don't need to camp them to win. you also can gimp Nana pretty easily depending on the character

Marth, Wario, Mario, Luigi, Jiggs, Samus, Peach, Lucario, G&W and Pikachu are all characters that I believe can deal with ICs and their grabs. I'm still for banning the CG because I think it's stupid and really dumbs down the game, but it's definitely not unbeatable

IMO the md/va tournies as of late have not been too competitive. Azen, Chillin, Neo, Forte, Omni have been almost non existent so Meep placing high in those few tournies shouldn't carry much weight.

If you ban the infinite, you should definitely think it over and do it for adequate reasons. It just sounds like you haven't figured out how to beat Meep and are getting frustrated.

But don't get me wrong, I'm extremely comfortable fighting ICs and still thing the infinites need to go.
Meep beat ALL of Atomsk's characters.

IC is beatable by MK and Snake, from what I've seen in TOURNAMENT. Nothing else. I'm pretty active in MD/VA and go to ALL of the tournaments so I know what I'm talking about.

Marth maybe has a chance against IC, but still Marth has to play super safe and have perfect spacing in order to win. Kadaj almost winning sucks, the fact is he lost. DDD I'm iffy with.

I'm tired of people referring to friendlies (you guys know who you are). Meep is NOT going to camp you in friendlies -_-.

I'm not 100% on banning the infinite for this tournament. How Meep does in future tournaments leading up to this one will influence my decision.

People are just arguing for me chu because the character is horrible without the infinite (if you played ic for fun you would know what im talking about). You would know as good as i do ic are bad without the grabs because u kinda gave up on them the beginning of brawl. I know limiting to 5 is the best solution, but sometimes i cg so fast i lose count ( i kinda go off on nana as the last grab because its nana....popo...nana...popo...nana) and some characters i have to take a lotta damage to get in a grab (mostly snake and mk).

Melee climbers can fight without cging, but brawl its kinda all they have going for them. Your arguement because the infinite is so good that only snake and mk can win, its kinda the same debate with mk going on now with him getting banned (he loses to snake and has no bad match-ups).

I truly believe ic are the 3rd best in the game (i only play to see them 3rd on the tier list i dont even really care about winning money) and i kinda laugh at people when they say wario is. I dunnoo al accept it being banned if mk ever gets banned in this game. I feel if his gay stuff stays ice climbers gay stuff stays. This is a really hot new broken thing, but there are ways around it. People thought mk was impossible to beat, but now players are getting better to the point and beating him. Whos to say the same thing wont happen with ice climbers? Might be a slower process because there are barely any ic mains (i only count myself and lain as dangerous ones), but if im dominating with them then people will start jumping the bandwagon and using them thus expanding the metagame on how to beat them.

People will camp ic regardless of the ban chu. When they banned wobbling i remember u still getting camped pretty badly.

Just my two cents.
IC are NOT USELESS without the chaingrab Meep! Don't you remember GIMRS strategy? 0-80% chaingrab. After that, it's just one more grab and you can kill. Limiting to 5 is a good solution and if you can't learn to count to 5, lmao well that's your problem. It ends at Popo if you start with Popo. Same with Nana. Ending with the opposite character makes it 6. You should count the beginning/first grab as well, not the throws. BTW, I still think the grab limit should be 3-4, but I'm making it 5 to make it "fair" for me and Ice Climber players as well.

I'm starting to think that without the infinite, Meep, you think you have no chance of beating MK and Snake. Well, you should pick up a secondary to deal with these characters since MK and Snake beat IC pretty badly (lolz, I know it's coming from me). You could use a secondary anyway since IC suck in teams (since you can't infinite lolz).

The Ice Climbers infinite debate is EXACTLY like the MK debate, you are right. People are more inclined to ban Metaknight recently with his recent top placings (mind you, I'm on the anti-ban MK side).

Wario isn't the 3rd best in the game LMAO I agree Meep, who says that? Wario has barely any priority and his range is extremely limited (The only thing I can think of that Wario has is foward tilt and forward smash, but both can be punished pretty easily due to their lag).

I agree completely that this might be the beginning of learning the Ice Climber metagame, ways to beat it, and people picking up Ice Climbers. This is exactly what happened with MK, as you say. However, the infinite makes your opponent unable to play. At least you can still play against MK.

People will camp regardless of the character. The infinite just makes the camping 10x as hard. People camped me even though wobbling was banned and I still beat their azz haha.

hova

Smash Champion
this reminds me, I still need to teach Candy how to fight Peach

edit: lmao... Chu if you let me know what I should do against Azen/Chillin based solely off of the 'friendlies' you played with them I would listen. Hova/G-reg/Omni have more experience against IC than anyone on the East Coast. Meep has definitely camped us and CG to death with every grab in matches that we've played. not everything was always serious, but we definitely got in a lot of serious/focused matches along the way

maybe Meep has gotten ridiculously more amazing since the last time I played him and he CG to spike every chance he got

Top Bottom