• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
also if the date is changed, im gonna see if someone from around here can drive some of us down here, this venue is only 2 hours from philly, not a bad drive at all

Lobos

Smash Master
Brawl +.............>_> Philly sucks.....

I'll be here unless something comes up, helping out if I can. I'll see if I can borrow my friend's dazzle so we can get another recording setup.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Let's do a live feed at this event. I can use my PC I think.

Edit: Or we can just use the PC's at the shop, can we ask the owner?

Rang3

is being watched
Do not change the date, more people here don't play B+ then do, don't let that one Chu bi weekly fool you, if it wasn't non invitation only last minute more regulars would of come and we'd have had Brawl singles.

Keep the date, maybe like 4 people would go to Philly for that mess so screw it.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
LOL @ MD/VA stepping their game up when they didn't even do brawl singles at Chu's past bi-weekly.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Hey Chu, Ima try and get off work for this. One question, are we going to be done @ 7:00 when the venue closes or are we going to have more practice time somewhere else? Just curious.

Oh and by the way, since Baltimore isn't that far from the Dojo's venue, I thought it might be appropriate; I and my wife's band are playing at the Sonar on May 3rd @ 6:30p just in case any of you Smashers in the area don't have anything to do that evening :) The more people that are there, the better we play lulz. http://www.sonarbaltimore.com/flash.php

meepxzero

Smash Master
LOL @ MD/VA stepping their game up when they didn't even do brawl singles at Chu's past bi-weekly.
by stepping it up we just try really hard one tourney then **** around again :laugh:

o well dont really blame chu for having fun at the biweekly there was only like 10 people who came out of the 20 who said they woulda came. (looks at omni, hova, and others). If he has an invite biweekly you are inclined to go if you say you are otherwise it hurts the attendance thus we **** around.

watever i give up on this region. Only a few are trying to get better at this game the others are slacking. Im not gonna name those people but yah.

is the infinite banned chu? because im probably not gonna go if it is banned.

edit: nvm looked at the rules good luck with ur training md/va

ChuDat

Smash Master
Would you mind changing your date please? May 16th is the same date as Beyond the Limit, my Brawl+ tourney coming up in Philly, and a lot of MD/VA has said that they were coming to my tourney, and I would hate for attendance at both events to be ruined.
I thought you might also come Chu since you like Brawl+ :(
Hmmm..... I wonder where I have seen this before? I've already spoken to the owner and I can't change the date. Besides, I'm sure this won't conflict with your Brawl+ tournament anyway. I don't think my attendance will be affected so I'm not concerned about that. Sorry Chibo, no dice.

Rang3 said:
Do not change the date, more people here don't play B+ then do, don't let that one Chu bi weekly fool you, if it wasn't non invitation only last minute more regulars would of come and we'd have had Brawl singles.

Keep the date, maybe like 4 people would go to Philly for that mess so screw it.
SoVa baby! Yeah I know. It's already figured out.

Tantalus - Yeah a live feed sounds like a good idea. You are co-hosting the event, but it'll be under my name. Your credibility and experience is definitely going to be recognized at the tournament, don't worry about that.

Atomsk - We'll get there..... eventually haha

Shanus - Sorry man! =/. I really don't think this will affect Chibo's tournament in the slightest. People who play Brawl+ should go to Chibo's tournament, and people who play Brawl should go to mine.

Omni - You should have came! Brawl+ is too good :chuckle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the time frame that we have:

I already sent out an e-mail asking that exact question. Playing until 7 PM isn't right so I'm going to see what I can do about it. Hopefully he can reply back to me soon and I can give you guys a good word.

ChuDat

Smash Master
by stepping it up we just try really hard one tourney then **** around again :laugh:

o well dont really blame chu for having fun at the biweekly there was only like 10 people who came out of the 20 who said they woulda came. (looks at omni, hova, and others). If he has an invite biweekly you are inclined to go if you say you are otherwise it hurts the attendance thus we **** around.

watever i give up on this region. Only a few are trying to get better at this game the others are slacking. Im not gonna name those people but yah.

Even if the infinite isn't banned, I still say you should go. I mean, you almost beat me in Brawl+ with that horrible shield stun and on top of that IC suck in Brawl+. That's saying something. I really think you should consider trying at least one tournament where the infinite is banned to see how you place.

I haven't decided yet if the infinite is banned or not after what happened at the last Dojo tournament... (*shakes fist at meep*), but I will let you know. The infinite rule is not 100% set in stone yet.

ProBrawler - Great man! Glad to see that you are interested in coming again. Hope to see you here!

meepxzero

Smash Master
Well see i dunno. I really dont see myself beating candy or steve because my character is just so bad without the threat of killing them in one grab. Its kinda like telling snakes to never pull nades or mk to never tornado (or limit how many times they can do it per game). It kills a huge part of their game. I know you hate the ic infinite more than anyone XD, but I really do have bad match ups against certain characters (campy snakes and mks). If i dont have the infinite as an option al lose probably lose because al take so much dmg just trying to land one grab on either char.

But its ur tourney and rules al think about coming.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Well see i dunno. I really dont see myself beating candy or steve because my character is just so bad without the threat of killing them in one grab. Its kinda like telling snakes to never pull nades or mk to never tornado (or limit how many times they can do it per game). It kills a huge part of their game. I know you hate the ic infinite more than anyone XD, but I really do have bad match ups against certain characters (campy snakes and mks). If i dont have the infinite as an option al lose probably lose because al take so much dmg just trying to land one grab on either char.

But its ur tourney and rules al think about coming.
I'd probably consider all of that if you regularly beat Omni and Candy. But I see what you are saying. Now with the infinite banned, you feel like you have no way to win. That's no way to think! I thought you were always like "Man, I gotta get better no matter WHAT the circumstance is!". About banning MK's tornado.... hmm... that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Maybe even limiting it could do some good.

Don't worry though, I'm considering unbanning the infinite so you can help us practice against Ice Climbers. Like I said, my decision isn't 100% final yet.

hova

Smash Champion

edit: nvm looked at the rules good luck with ur training md/va

i was actually never on the guest list so my attendance shouldn't be called into question. just because someone isn't at tournaments doesn't mean they are not improving. I would gladly go to more tournies if they were run efficiently and didn't take an entire day to complete. i am also not interested in attending a brawl/brawl+/melee/SF4/TVC/etc. tournament

i would definitely be more inclined to attend tournaments if people took them seriously instead of treating them as huge smashfests; i just want to focus on my matches and go home. md/va tournies also get old since they happen about every week

stop thinking you're the only person trying to improve when your entire game is based on one strategy (and a questionable one at that). all your CG practice will be worthless when a huge tourney decides to ban the infinite

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hmmm..... I wonder where I have seen this before? I've already spoken to the owner and I can't change the date. Besides, I'm sure this won't conflict with your Brawl+ tournament anyway. I don't think my attendance will be affected so I'm not concerned about that. Sorry Chibo, no dice.
Well that's kinda disappointing. Don't count on my TVs for this tournament. I'm also trying to bring Bmore with me to Philly since I know they all like B+ better.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I dunno whether I'm going or not.

Chu since it's your tourney it's your call, but here's my 2 cents:

Something should be banned if it's extremely broken, case closed, not because someone won a tourney with it.

It's basically like saying to Meep, Icies infinites aren't banned unless you do well with them and or beat me with them, then I'll ban them,.

Chu, just to let you know, I'm not saying you said any of this.

Meep: if the alternate grab is limited to something like three, I suggest you do you three, then do a F-throw foot stool to ice block. then when they stand up casually walk over to 'em and do a D-smash. both hits of Popo's and Nana's D-smashes will connect dealing 40% by itself.

So even if chaingrbs are banned you can pull a 0-80 combo before having to reset it. :)

ChuDat

Smash Master
I actually prefer that 0-80% combo and I think it's much better than the infinite since it isn't a guarantee death. Oh and also, the Ice Climber infinite IS extremely broken. I'm not just banning it because he won the last Dojo with it. If anything, him winning every tournament by infiniting makes me even MORE inclined to ban it. Same concept with Metaknight, although Metaknight isn't nearly as broken as the infinite. At least you can move around still lolz

Jcaesar - Sorry man =/. Thanks for reminding me though. Don't worry, I'll have another tournament after this soon, and maybe even a bi-weekly of sorts. Wait, don't you hate vBrawl? lolz

Coney

Smash Master
Oh ****, this is right next to my house. Thanks for doing this again!

If anyone needs housing, I'm literally three minutes away from the venue. PM me

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I actually prefer that 0-80% combo and I think it's much better than the infinite since it isn't a guarantee death. Oh and also, the Ice Climber infinite IS extremely broken. I'm not just banning it because he won the last Dojo with it. If anything, him winning every tournament by infiniting makes me even MORE inclined to ban it. Same concept with Metaknight, although Metaknight isn't nearly as broken as the infinite. At least you can move around still lolz

ahh, I see now. This is where we disagree.

Let me state why I think It's not extremely broken. with facts:

Fact 1: Ice Climbers have one of the worst grab ranges in the game.

Fact 2: Unless Nana and Popo are decynced(They aren't usually when a grab is pulled off), Nana is still in her grab animation when Popo grabs you and vice versa. Because of this an Iceclimber player has to wait for that animation to be over to start the chaingrab.

Fact 3: Because of Fact 2, you can break out of the iceclimbers grab from 0-50% before he or she can start the infinite.

Fact 4: If the Iceclimber player doesn't do the chaingrab perfectly you can break out of it inbetween throws from 0%- around 70%. It is REALLY hard to do the chain perfectly

Point 1: If you camp an IceClimbers player he or she can't grab you. This may be a bad match up for Kirby, but it's not a bad match up for every charcter

Point 2:: if you take away the infinite, ice climbers are useless, so in essence your banning the charcater.(IN ESSENCE NOT ACTUALITY)

I hope these facts show you why I personally don't think it should be banned. If you do ban it Chu make sure you explain exactly what's banned and or how many grabs you can do before you have to do a reset.

Once again I'd like to point out, your tourney, your rules.

meepxzero

Smash Master
i was actually never on the guest list so my attendance shouldn't be called into question. just because someone isn't at tournaments doesn't mean they are not improving. I would gladly go to more tournies if they were run efficiently and didn't take an entire day to complete. i am also not interested in attending a brawl/brawl+/melee/SF4/TVC/etc. tournament

i would definitely be more inclined to attend tournaments if people took them seriously instead of treating them as huge smashfests; i just want to focus on my matches and go home. md/va tournies also get old since they happen about every week

stop thinking you're the only person trying to improve when your entire game is based on one strategy (and a questionable one at that). all your CG practice will be worthless when a huge tourney decides to ban the infinite
improving urself is going to tournies and playing competitively. It isnt playing ur non mains for hours at people's houses. And you guys wonders why none of the cooters are getting better >_>. You play (mario, samus, marth), greg plays (jiggs, samus,), and omni plays whoever the hell he is in the mood to play with. Im like the only one that plays with my main and i guess i have gotten better.

I guess i am horrible without cging lolol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We need setups, please post what you'll bring.

I'll be bringing

Dazzle/Cables
TV
Wii/Brawl
EE

Please don't bring Brawl+ to this. The space/TV's are limited as is.

Also, since we have to be done by 7 (as of now), we should finish quickly and then go to the Friendly's afterwards and chill.

Also, I don't think we should ban ANYTHING, just yet. I personally don't even think Dedede infinites should be banned.

meepxzero

Smash Master
I dunno whether I'm going or not.

Chu since it's your tourney it's your call, but here's my 2 cents:

Something should be banned if it's extremely broken, case closed, not because someone won a tourney with it.

It's basically like saying to Meep, Icies infinites aren't banned unless you do well with them and or beat me with them, then I'll ban them,.

Chu, just to let you know, I'm not saying you said any of this.

Meep: if the alternate grab is limited to something like three, I suggest you do you three, then do a F-throw foot stool to ice block. then when they stand up casually walk over to 'em and do a D-smash. both hits of Popo's and Nana's D-smashes will connect dealing 40% by itself.

So even if chaingrbs are banned you can pull a 0-80 combo before having to reset it. :)
wow i completely forgot about dsmash LOL and its damage. good idea.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
lol tant DDD's should def. be banned his grab range is ******** and his traction (sliding) goes little to no where. While ic's slide pretty far when getting their sheild hit, it doesnt seem like it when meep plays because he powersheilds pretty well.

but DDD makes SEVEN chars completely UNplayable

meepxzero

Smash Master
I agree with kadaj. it shuts down some characters games completely. Ic are beatable with any character if your smarter than the player. They have nothing overly good except the infinite so they require the most thinking when u use them especially when ur down with one climber -_-. I bet chu wouldnt lose to any other ice climber player out there except maybe lain cuz hes better than me at grabbing.

People just need to play ic and go wow look how broken i can be with them, b4 they make that assumption. (taunts chu into playing ice climbers again). XD

Note: i have a bad habit of reediting all my posts.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I tried to do IC's chain throw

I can do the first alternate grab, that's it, have no idea how that works

its hard, but Bonk figured it out, heh

chillindude829

Smash Master
LMFAO @ chibo asking for a date change because of conflicting tournies. a little bit ironic.

so im pretty sure this tourney is the official return of chillindude829. with chus approval i wanna set up a side TVC tourney or at the least some friendlies. this isnt meant to be anything big so please dont post it on SRK or anything, i dont expect more than 5-10 ppl to enter but itll just be for fun. doubt there will be an entry fee, if there is it will be $5 max. i dont think rules will be too much of an issue, but karas is banned. jk, but if you use him, you're gay.

edit: goddammit my sig makes it look like i play karas. ignore my sig its false info.

Coney

Smash Master
lol tant DDD's should def. be banned his grab range is ******** and his traction (sliding) goes little to no where. While ic's slide pretty far when getting their sheild hit, it doesnt seem like it when meep plays because he powersheilds pretty well.

but DDD makes SEVEN chars completely UNplayable
Coming from a DDD: Yes, ban that. His infinites are stupid and it makes me hate doing DDD dittos. First to grab wins the stock!

I don't really have an opinion on the alt grabs but they really don't seem that bad. I admit I haven't played meep but I've played Shinku and he's pretty good. Despite me johning like crazy the first time we met, we played at BTYF and it's really not that bad.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
LMFAO @ chibo asking for a date change because of conflicting tournies. a little bit ironic.

so im pretty sure this tourney is the official return of chillindude829. with chus approval i wanna set up a side TVC tourney or at the least some friendlies. this isnt meant to be anything big so please dont post it on SRK or anything, i dont expect more than 5-10 ppl to enter but itll just be for fun. doubt there will be an entry fee, if there is it will be $5 max. i dont think rules will be too much of an issue, but karas is banned. jk, but if you use him, you're gay.

edit: goddammit my sig makes it look like i play karas. ignore my sig its false info.
BRING IT!

You should ban Karas lol

karas is **** lol

I think its marth hiding under that suit
Yeah right, lol

hova

Smash Champion
improving urself is going to tournies and playing competitively. It isnt playing ur non mains for hours at people's houses. And you guys wonders why none of the cooters are getting better >_>. You play (mario, samus, marth), greg plays (jiggs, samus,), and omni plays whoever the hell he is in the mood to play with. Im like the only one that plays with my main and i guess i have gotten better.

I guess i am horrible without cging lolol.

you don't play with me Meep, you have no idea how I train. both Omni and I have gotten a lot better so I don't know what you're basing any of this off of.

I apologize for being able to use more than one character well, so I'll keep playing Marth and improving with him.

going to tournies isn't necessarily a guaranteed way to get better either. and you haven't even really gotten better at the game... you just grab people

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Jcaesar - Sorry man =/. Thanks for reminding me though. Don't worry, I'll have another tournament after this soon, and maybe even a bi-weekly of sorts. Wait, don't you hate vBrawl? lolz
Yeah, I hate vBrawl, but I still like hanging out with smashers, and a lot of MD/VA tournies depend on my TVs, since I bring 2-3 to every event. Also, if this is ending at 7, I'm sure some of us would be going back to Bmore's and playing Brawl+.

so im pretty sure this tourney is the official return of chillindude829.
**** I hate to miss that. Who else is gonna be able to get your Falco to the last stock?

Rang3

is being watched
HEY CHU;

DDD infinites should be allowed but limited to 5 each stock since that's when it decays, that's fair right?

you don't play with me Meep, you have no idea how I train. both Omni and I have gotten a lot better so I don't know what you're basing any of this off of.

I apologize for being able to use more than one character well, so I'll keep playing Marth and improving with him.

going to tournies isn't necessarily a guaranteed way to get better either. and you haven't even really gotten better at the game... you just grab people
Hey, come to this and team with me homie.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Time to step it up

EE, lets train next week, no jones, ESPECIALLY no girlfiend jones, this is clearly more important than girls

we need to beat new jersey! Our fate depends on it! And if we lose to Atomsk and Mew2King, it doesn't count, since they are secretly MD/VA anyways

Oath.

Smash Ace
Time to step it up

EE, lets train next week, no jones, ESPECIALLY no girlfiend jones, this is clearly more important than girls

we need to beat new jersey! Our fate depends on it! And if we lose to Atomsk and Mew2King, it doesn't count, since they are secretly MD/VA anyways
lol atomsk and m2k shouldnt be secretly md/va silly tant

Top Bottom