• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Chu pick up pika for ic's lmao

that D smash just flat out ***** them and seperates them so easily

Kawaii Bunny who's that girl in your sig btw :)
LMFAO Kadaj, she's my girl :chuckle:

~Kawaii Bunny~ - I'll pick up Snake just for you baby ^_~

that's how u really think dude? i would teach anyone who asked how to beat Peach or give them as much training as they asked for as long as they were cool about it.

i'm pretty sure any other Cooter would do the same. we really don't hold back in friendlies if you're of an equal skill level

you getting better at the match up will only help Meep get better in turn

edit: it's all about beating NY/NJ baby!!!
This. Times 100.

Meep! come over today and train with the Originals and I.

InfernoOmni said:
Meep would come over and say, "Alright, Omni. I just want you to spam tornado and be as gay as possible against my IC's, *insert Meep laugh*".
LMFAO

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Edit: LOL, how do u make an up arrow?

G&W ties with ICies, if you camp B-air he can't grab you.

Me and Meep played in tourney and he only beat me cause he timed me out!

He then switched to marth

you can also U-Air his side-B recovery

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I would've beaten Meep last time me and him played in tourny but I tripped and got grabbed.

Anyway thats besides the point, the point is its easy to NOT get grabbed when playing ic's, you just need to know how to avoid being grabbed.

just because kirby is a bad match up against ic's doesnt mean anything.

I beat Mk's all the time with Marth and he has a bad match-up against him same thing with Snake I JV 3 stocked candy last tourny me and him played in.

you just need to learn the match-up, or get a secondary.

I'm pretty sure if you got together with meep and played a bunch of friendlies outside of tourny you'd figure something out dude.

By banning it your only hurting us in the long run when there's ECRC's and other big tournys

and also Neo Sd'd when they played

too bad it will never happen again ;-)

g-regulate

Smash Hero

No, it is an infinite. They can backthrow you towards the stage and have the other icy grab you then go across the stage again.

Ancient video proof from 1:39-1:48: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfGqpHBZI4

you didnt read my post correctly, i said the dthrow to dthrow alt grab isnt an infinite. same with fthrow to fthrow. if they propel you forward than its not really an infinite. if they banned bthrow regrab and only allowed the other throws, it wouldnt be infinite anymore right?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. Why not just ban any chaingrab with B-Throw in it? They have to reach the edge at some point and can't continue it.

ChuDat

Smash Master
IC infinites are banned.

I'm going to try out the "Ice Climbers may only grab up to 5 times then must throw away/smash" rule. I still think 5 is excessive and it could be similar to the infinite in theory. I think 3-4 is a good number, but I will experiment starting with 5.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
They can only grab you 2 times in a row and smash or throw away is the best one imo

meepxzero

Smash Master
omg @ ur sig im gonna have nightmares tonite =(

fyi chu ice climbers are gonna only grab 4 times because ur definition of alt grabs you count the first grab. Thus it be a waste to end it on popo because nana's smashes are significantly weaker to kill with.

ChuDat

Smash Master
lmfao

at least I'm giving you the option of using ice climbers

edit: You make it seem like the ice climbers are completely useless without the infinite. Are you serious?

meepxzero

Smash Master
obviously they are if u quit them in brawl.

if you really wanna beat them i dont care if u play me in a million friendlies chu. Im sorry if they are still novelty to u -_-a.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I was horrible with Ice Climbers back then. I'm not trying to pick up Metaknight and learn how to clock out the time.

Why doesn't 4-5 grabs appeal to you? That's basically like two grabs per stock and your opponent is dead, instead of the usual one grab. Since it's banned, an Ice Climber player is forced to be creative and do as much damage with those 4-5 grabs.

meepxzero

Smash Master
go play ice climbers chu and prove me wrong. If your a lot better with them now.

You have no idea how fast momentom shifts when u play against a good snake or mk with ice climbers. Its total **** on either end.

I really dont like when people that DONT even play ice climbers make rules. Its like i cant beat this lets just make rules to limit them. You have no idea how awful they are against like a good amount of the top/high tiers without the infinite. Brawl isnt like melee chu creativity does not exist in this game.

chillindude829

Smash Master
the infinite is dumb and should be banned

i dont care if i dont play ICs, its just stupid. how many other characters have a move where if they land it, thats the end of your stock from 0%? especially a grab. i dont even see why people would spend their time learning that to do it in a tourney, no offense meep, but its clearly just exploitation. worse than playing MK imo.

meepxzero

Smash Master
worse than mk LOL. Yah i have all the options to run the timer on anyone >_>. Clear exploitation as well.

o well bed time for me :D

have fun in ur tourney chu i lost all respect for u as a fellow ic player.

ChuDat

Smash Master
go play ice climbers chu and prove me wrong. If your a lot better with them now.

You have no idea how fast momentom shifts when u play against a good snake or mk with ice climbers. Its total **** on either end.

I really dont like when people that DONT even play ice climbers make rules. Its like i cant beat this lets just make rules to limit them. You have no idea how awful they are against like a good amount of the top/high tiers without the infinite. Brawl isnt like melee chu creativity does not exist in this game.
You think I have no idea?

Do you have any idea what it feels like to get infinited?

Your complaints match my complaints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7eoAp5YFs
Tell me that this is fair.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I don't care if its banned or not

i'll be timing the clock on any ice climber player if it's legal, enjoy the top of the stage, because i'll be flying under it

Top Bottom