• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

KBM

Smash Ace
Best tournament I've ever been to. You guys are all such cool people, everybody down south is a jerk :(

Hope I see you guys at Genesis!

andbtwsanoscyidonotlikeyou

SOVAman

Smash Hero
wowww I've definitely been playing nothing but the Tales games for the last month. Why am I not playing with you guys.

:(
play me in pokemon

also good stuff to everyone that went

Me and coney don't have chemistry in doubles we need to work on it.

Chu and tant good stuff today fun tourney. But we definitely need a new venue there is no space to move around and closing at 8 is lame. There is more space in your house chu xD

more shout outs later in the results thread

Coney

Smash Master
what happened to vist?
he played one of chu's cousins, a DDD player (dew da dash i think) and lost pretty bad as G&W, two-stocked at low percent. NEO and i were behind him and told him to play Luigi, and he said no, the dude would just infinite him. NEO said that they were banned, and i asked if he was sure, and he said yeah, and he goes ahead and picks Luigi

keep in mind that the DDD player is RIGHT THERE and can hear us talking about this

anyway, the match starts, and the guy starts infiniting--and NEO tells him that it's banned, and he says it isn't, and they get chu over and chu says that it isn't

i understand if infinites weren't banned, fine, whatever, i just think it's kind of a **** move to hear people talking about the issue and not correct them. sure, a win's a win, but it's just common courtesy

then again, i'm a DDD who thinks standing infinites are gay as all hell, so i might be a little biased

EDIT - and yeah lil b, i don't really have doubles chemistry with anyone, i'm awful at it :<

-!-

Smash Lord
he played one of chu's cousins, a DDD player (dew da dash i think) and lost pretty bad as G&W, two-stocked at low percent. NEO and i were behind him and told him to play Luigi, and he said no, the dude would just infinite him. NEO said that they were banned, and i asked if he was sure, and he said yeah, and he goes ahead and picks Luigi

keep in mind that the DDD player is RIGHT THERE and can hear us talking about this

anyway, the match starts, and the guy starts infiniting--and NEO tells him that it's banned, and he says it isn't, and they get chu over and chu says that it isn't

i understand if infinites weren't banned, fine, whatever, i just think it's kind of a **** move to hear people talking about the issue and not correct them. sure, a win's a win, but it's just common courtesy

then again, i'm a DDD who thinks standing infinites are gay as all hell, so i might be a little biased
So that was the Infinite I was hearing in the background as I was seeing the Live Stream XD

shiekssbm

Smash Ace

EDIT - and yeah lil b, i don't really have doubles chemistry with anyone, i'm awful at it :<
Yes, Dewdadash was right there hearing your conversation about infinites being banned and he did not tell you the ruling. But it is not his job to inform people about the rules, it is the TO's.
Neo assumed it was banned and that screwed over Vist. You say it's common courtesy to inform people about a ruling, but it's common knowledge to take 2 seconds to ask your TO a ruling rather than assuming something.
You don't play this game to have common courtesy, you play to win.

Right after he Vist picked Luigi, did you not see Dewdadash change his controls to C-stick grab? He did it right in front of everyone. That should have indicated he was going to do it, you should've asked Chu about the ruling rather than letting the match start, seeing him start the infinite, and then ask Chu about the ruling.

To be honest, I think Dew was going to beat him anyway since he did 2 stock his G&W pretty well in the first match.

I myself am a Luigi player that gets infinited by Dewdadash as well, so I know how it feels. But, I don't understand why this infinite would be banned and not the ice climber infinite.
Where were from, both the infinites are on, so we assumed it was like that here.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman

DewDaDash is too Good bt i agree with sheik it dosnt take mxch to ask the TO of the rules or for you to just know the ruling already. most tourneys have the infintes on and Dew isnt responsible for having to tell you that the infinite is on. and dew changing the c-stick in front of you lol kinda obviouse. i wasnt there so i cant say mxch but what i can say is i play with dew and know him and even if you think standing infintes are ggay. there still there. nd the d3 playyer has the choice if he wants to use it or not. a wins a win. and Dew dont care about courtesy or about beeing nice. he wants to win like everybody else. they do what they have to to win. so baisicly if yourr a charecter that can get infinte,, you WILL get INfinite. people wnt to win. kinda like the people that wnt to win play mk just so they can win

btw good shxt to everyone specially sheikssbm and chu . sheik for repiing for LA ONDA (REVA-L!X)and the whole crew DEWDADASHHH your too GOOD! and ROB you my dawggg and chuuu your sickkk man!! everyoneeee

ChuDat

Smash Master
O wow Herb 2 is on the same date? I'll think about changing the date for this then... I'm not even sure if I'm going down to Herb 2 yet.

Lil B - Yeah, I'll look into finding another place. I agree the place we have now is pretty small.

Pink~Fresh - It's in MD

Top Bottom