• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuDatz Presentz: ChuDat's dojo - Yellow Belt $300 Pot! - 6.27.09 - LIVESTREAM UP!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
I'm not too sure what Hova is talking about there. ???

Yeah where is all the trash talk anyway, it hardly happens nowadays. Someone talk trash to me aside from mew2king for obvious reasons haha.

I challenge you Lobos. JLB vs H2YL. Letz goez mangz! Yeah, I am the only member from H2YL coming to this, what of it? I'll still take yall down, just give me 5 stock vs you GIMR and Slikvik.

how much money?

lol @ GIMR. good ****

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Oh last time we played, you mean when you were so scared that you had to take out a character that directly counters mine just to beat me. LOL, yeah I remember that. Where's your Kirby Chu? It was no where to be found.

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
wait wait chu used someone else besides kirby and won?! that must be a late april fools joke :chuckle:

Dublio

Smash Ace
Woot, this is going to be extremely fun and invigorating for my soul. I'm so going to love all the smash action that I play to do. Looking forward to playing and training with the best. :3

ChuDat

Smash Master
Nope, I don't play IC's at all anymore. My opinion is still the same :).

Their infinites are not even close to broken :p.

I have experience against pleanty of good IC players, and mained IC's for awhile >_>.

Chu: Do you even know any IC players in Texas or are you just making that up lol? The midwest doesn't limit the CG's(actually, pretty much no where in the USA limits them) even though Lain places top 3 at pretty much every tournament there using IC's.

Avoiding their grab until you can keep them seperated isn't that hard.

Don't bother arguing with me though unless you want me to argue back though :). I'm not going to try and convince anyone to change there rules when they don't even affect me lol.
Meep is quite possibly the best IC. You can't make a mistake against the guy. I'm not doubting your experience, i'm sure u know the ins and outs of IC and how to play against them (I.E camp). You say it's not that hard to avoid their grab, lolz who are you? Why did you drop IC anyway. You should fight Meep then tell me what you think.

Yeah I pretty much made that up lolz. Though, I haven't heard of any IC players in Texas doing well other than you, and you dropped IC. I don't know why the midwest hasn't done so, but that doesn't concern me. I guess I shouldn't limit chain grabs at all then but whats done is done. The only way I can change my decision is if multiple people come up to me asking to take it off. By limiting chain grabs, meep has been motivated to get better without it.

Wobbling is the equivalent to Brawl IC chain grabbing. Personally, even though I mained IC, I thought it should've been banned since I see it as having no honor.

Meep - "its not fun when people play to time games out. This includes ledge camping and platform camping. Air camping."

I think this is the only way to beat you haha. Azen platform camped me with sheik in melee and beat me :urg:

CK - Play meep. In melee there were ways to get out of IC chaingrabs.

SlikVik - 5$ a person sound good? haha.

CK and GIMR - Ck lose to my Pichu moar :chuckle: GIMR, that was my first time using Marth in tournament and you lost :chuckle:

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Meep is quite possibly the best IC. You can't make a mistake against the guy. I'm not doubting your experience, i'm sure u know the ins and outs of IC and how to play against them (I.E camp). You say it's not that hard to avoid their grab, lolz who are you? Why did you drop IC anyway. You should fight Meep then tell me what you think.

Yeah I pretty much made that up lolz. Though, I haven't heard of any IC players in Texas doing well other than you, and you dropped IC. I don't know why the midwest hasn't done so, but that doesn't concern me. I guess I shouldn't limit chain grabs at all then but whats done is done. The only way I can change my decision is if multiple people come up to me asking to take it off. By limiting chain grabs, meep has been motivated to get better without it.

Wobbling is the equivalent to Brawl IC chain grabbing. Personally, even though I mained IC, I thought it should've been banned since I see it as having no honor.

Meep - "its not fun when people play to time games out. This includes ledge camping and platform camping. Air camping."

I think this is the only way to beat you haha. Azen platform camped me with sheik in melee and beat me :urg:

CK and GIMR - Ck lose to my Pichu moar :chuckle: GIMR, that was my first time using Marth in tournament and you lost :chuckle:

honestly, you shouldnt bann CG...theres tons of ways around it...and besides...you said it yourself that you want every1 to play as GAY as possible....since thats how oos play....and every other tourny is oos....so you should def. let the cg in and just try to find ways around it...or else when you do face meep or any other good ICs in future tournys you'll actually know what to do instead of not knowing b/c you didnt have to deal with the CG untill then

overall....its beneficial for meep b/c he is a fellow md/va amazing player...and its beneficial for every1 else so that all of md/va learns the matchup better....and together we will never lose to any other ICs!!!!!!!

:-D munch munch??

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
honestly, you shouldnt bann CG...theres tons of ways around it...and besides...you said it yourself that you want every1 to play as GAY as possible....since thats how oos play....and every other tourny is oos....so you should def. let the cg in and just try to find ways around it...or else when you do face meep or any other good ICs in future tournys you'll actually know what to do instead of not knowing b/c you didnt have to deal with the CG untill then

overall....its beneficial for meep b/c he is a fellow md/va amazing player...and its beneficial for every1 else so that all of md/va learns the matchup better....and together we will never lose to any other ICs!!!!!!!

:-D munch munch??
yea ^^ i agree and i have played meep in tourney >< ..... but that was a while ago ......

candys correct if you prevent it from doing it at this tourney but at a major tourney its allowed ...... whats the point of limiting it here if the point of this place is to get better

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so lie........ why are you talking so much random trash again? i'll mm you i all of these people's place for all of the amounts :) i'll give you a stock also if you would like......... and if you decline... stop trash talking and randomly hyping yourself

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I agree, ICs should be allowed to infinite CG.

The gayer we play, the more people will hate Brawl and switch to Brawl+,
the better.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol so good to see Md/Va Steppin up there game for once. finally were gettin serious. these OOS are doing a number on our home tournaments. No more I say! :)

meepxzero

Smash Master
too goodz. Yah i agree with candy no one in our region should ever lose to ic players ever (even tho theres like 2-3 notable ice climber players in the world).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

It's your tournament, and I live way to far away to be arguing about this haha. I didn't think wobbling should be banned in melee actually though lol. It's simply just not that big of a deal. Meep isn't winning everything. No IC player has even placed top 5 at a national yet. I dropped IC's because people gave me flak for chaingrabbing them, then failed to understand that I could beat them with other characters anyways. So I just started beating them with other characters lol.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
If we're to play as gay as possible, maybe the whole region should exclusively main MK and secondary Icies.

But then no one would ever want to come here though, OOS Smashers would drive all the way out to Kentucky to avoid passing through this MK/Icies wasteland lulz

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR, that was my first time using Marth in tournament and you lost :chuckle:
Dude you can't compare Wobbling and Icies chaingrab in Brawl. M2K proved at BTYF that from 0-50 it can be broken out of before Meep could start it by mashing buttons. Plus it's much harder to do then wobbling. It takes time and precision and the timing gets more strict as the opponents percentage rises. I also know for a fact you would use wobbling as a last resort in Melee if you needed it to win. I saw you do it to Kirbstir @ C3 a year ago because it was third round last stock high percentage and you needed it. But, as said before, it's your tourney, your rules.

Also, I can't win in this trash talk lol. I shouldn't of went Kirby against you round 1, and I think I SD'd round 2, doh! But all in all you one fair and square. Oh, and 1 more thing, I know this isn't the first time you went Marth at a tourney lol. I played your Marth in tourney before you picked up Kirby:chuckle:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Dude you can't compare Wobbling and Icies chaingrab in Brawl. M2K proved at BTYF that from 0-50 it can be broken out of before Meep could start it by mashing buttons. Plus it's much harder to do then wobbling. It takes time and precision and the timing gets more strict as the opponents percentage rises. I also know for a fact you would use wobbling as a last resort in Melee if you needed it to win. I saw you do it to Kirbstir @ C3 a year ago because it was third round last stock high percentage and you needed it. But, as said before, it's your tourney, your rules.

Also, I can't win in this trash talk lol. I shouldn't of went Kirby against you round 1, and I think I SD'd round 2, doh! But all in all you one fair and square. Oh, and 1 more thing, I know this isn't the first time you went Marth at a tourney lol. I played your Marth in tourney before you picked up Kirby:chuckle:
To be exact, M2K broke out at 62%, meep was on his third grab

falco03

Smash Lord
p~s goahead and give me a stock and get ur **** *****..........i guess that why i beat you in 3 stocks when we were crew battling and gimped your srry *** when i was a noob so what will happen now [:

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
To be exact, M2K broke out at 62%, meep was on his third grab
through out the whole set M2K broke out multiple times right when he got grabbed before Meep could get one alternate grab off.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yea, i think m2k predicts himself getting grabbed and does that crazy m2k analog spin and button spam right as he gets grabbed, gets him out really fast. its too good!

meepxzero

Smash Master
yah i lost to m2k because i didnt throw as soon as i grabbed him. At low percents u can pretty much dthrow dash cg mk =\ and then lead into the alt grabs. Waiting for nana to finish her grab animation makes a huge difference in getting out of the cg.

and people regarding to the cg on platform i did from 0-50%. Im not comfortable with that cg because i cant dthrow at all on the platform. So when i was near the edge i kinda didnt know what to do thus he got out. But if i didnt mess up he couldnt get out.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
yah i lost to m2k because i didnt throw as soon as i grabbed him. At low percents u can pretty much dthrow dash cg mk =\ and then lead into the alt grabs. Waiting for nana to finish her grab animation makes a huge difference in getting out of the cg.

and people regarding to the cg on platform i did from 0-50%. Im not comfortable with that cg because i cant dthrow at all on the platform. So when i was near the edge i kinda didnt know what to do thus he got out. But if i didnt mess up he couldnt get out.
You should f-throw to FootStool so they fall off the edge and then run off with popo and B-air them into a stage spike right when they double jump. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmF2ViGbzMA#t=5m13s

and on platforms you may be able to F-throw F-stool and then drop from the platform and ice block.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Emporer Time - U may play once the tournament is over and done with. I'll just turn off any systems that have a game other than Brawl while the tournament is going on. Remember the purpose of this tournament is for everyone in MD/VA to get better.

Majority vote wins: The Ice Climber Infinite is now LEGAL.

Top Bottom