• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Whatever you do just don't add anyone from Sunshine (Worst non-spinoff Mario EVER)

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
Actually, Dark Peach and Zelda would have their own movelists, in retrospect, Shadow Queen Peach was the last boss of PM: TTYD, so she would have the lightning bolt, the minions, the shield, and the beam. Twilight Zelda would have used her sword, like in the fight with Link in Twilight Princess, and she had her own thing going too..maybe they could have been bosses?
Shadow Queen Peach's final smash most likely would have been the hands that grab you and suck you down, hurt you to no end, and let you go. Twilight Zelda's Final Smash would likely have been a much more powerful variation of the beam she shoots at Link in TP.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
huh... no ones said it yet?... well...

RIDLEY SHOULD'VE BEEN IN! Oh well, I guess i'll just have to do with him in SSE.

Of course ridley should be in!!!! he i a beeeeaaaaassssttt!! I wish for once i didn't have to fight him!

Also, I think panther or leon or krystal from starfox should be in, and megaman definitely.

Also, I agree with Charizard92. Mewtwo shoud have stayed in, and why lucario, i mean he isnt bad but why him?I think that instead of the name "Pokemon Trainer" it should be Ash, and instead of changing colors, you could change trainers to be brock, misty, may, or dawn. This way you could use different pokemon than the 3 starters from red and blue. are you listening nintendo????

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I love that super smash bros clash idea, with all of those characters. we also need deoxys...a lot. And I know I am going out on a limb here, but why not have an archer from the fire emblem series (Shinon obviously) he could use a bow, crossbow, punches, kicks, and why noy give him a hunting knife? that would help his close range combat. soren would be good, too, except that he would need a knife.

To ShadowLink: I do not like sonic, but he should be in it, nintendo should just make some improvements to him for the next game (if there is one, which there should be or i am going to have to bash some heads).

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Actually, this Pokemon Trainer's name is Red. He was the basis of Ash's design, but Red himself didn't really appear in the Anime. I also thought that the color change could be other trainers (like Green [the female trainer from Firered/leafgreen] or other main characters from the series). And also, while you can keep the original starters, you can use other trainers to use other Pokemon as well.

Oh and on the Ridley thing, He's Huge! How do you expect to put a massive beast in brawl without giving him his own way of being KOed, he would be impossible to KO under normal methods. If he was in the next smash, he would be the first non- hack character to have to die due to loss of stamina instead of being Knocked off the stage boundary (Master hand in the original was often hacked, so he doesn't count)

And enough Fox clones. We have enough problems with him, Falco, and Wolf (namely because they can all chaingrab and use that **** blaster) so if we are going to have a new playable starfox Character, please, no more moves based of the first one.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Actually, this Pokemon Trainer's name is Red. He was the basis of Ash's design, but Red himself didn't really appear in the Anime. I also thought that the color change could be other trainers (like Green [the female trainer from Firered/leafgreen] or other main characters from the series). And also, while you can keep the original starters, you can use other trainers to use other Pokemon as well.
Sorry about the red thing, and that is what i meant, with dawn, you could use turtwig, prinplup, and infernape, with may it could be treecko, marshstomp, and blaziken, and with brock it could be chickorita, quilava, and feraligatr, yes i mean those 3 from each game, not the pre-evolutions, or evolutions, i picked each 3 from the games for a reason, they are the best choices from each.

You could scale ridley down a bit... I just think he is too iconic for metroid to not be playable.

Do you play the pokemon games?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Try to find the names of the main characters in Gold/Silver/Crystal, because that would be better than Brock, who is the rock type gym leader of Kanto (not grass, water, or especially fire)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, there are some Pokemon that also suffer from what I dub "the Ridley Problem" or they are so massive that they would have to change the Known Rules of Smash and use the rules for master hand. Other Pokemon suffer from the fact that they are either four legged and cursed for not having vines to use (how Ivysaur was saved) to the fact that coming up with a good moveset would be tricky. A Pokemon I thought should be in is Darkrai. Darkrai has currently been released into the US and even has a trophy in Brawl. Hovever, when I think about it, Darkrai would look like another Mewtwo clone (like Lucario). It would obviously have a shadow ball like attack (or even shadow ball itself), it's B up might give no damage at all, it would have a stun attack (but more like jigglypuff's sing), and I can't come up with a side attack. Darkrai's final smash is going to remind you of Luigi's, because it would affect a certain area, and cause problems for those in it. The difference, it automatically puts them to sleep, racks up damage (which is going to happen to any sleeping opponent because of Darkrai's ability bad dreams [it causes nightmares]) and makes them lighter, instead of the random list that Luigi has. The final smash is actually Darkrai's signature move, Dark Void, so it has to be included this way. A guy can dream can't he?

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Richter Belmont (could have changed between the pirate ghost and alucard like in Castlevaina 3)
Arthur from ghost and goblins
Bionic Comando
Mega Man
The marble from marble madness
Toad
the guy from contra
double dragon guys
Bomber man
bubble bobble guys
Mike tyson
paper boy

and grey fox should have been playable, not just a AT.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well, there are some Pokemon that also suffer from what I dub "the Ridley Problem" or they are so massive that they would have to change the Known Rules of Smash and use the rules for master hand. Other Pokemon suffer from the fact that they are either four legged and cursed for not having vines to use (how Ivysaur was saved) to the fact that coming up with a good moveset would be tricky. A Pokemon I thought should be in is Darkrai. Darkrai has currently been released into the US and even has a trophy in Brawl. Hovever, when I think about it, Darkrai would look like another Mewtwo clone (like Lucario). It would obviously have a shadow ball like attack (or even shadow ball itself), it's B up might give no damage at all, it would have a stun attack (but more like jigglypuff's sing), and I can't come up with a side attack. Darkrai's final smash is going to remind you of Luigi's, because it would affect a certain area, and cause problems for those in it. The difference, it automatically puts them to sleep, racks up damage (which is going to happen to any sleeping opponent because of Darkrai's ability bad dreams [it causes nightmares]) and makes them lighter, instead of the random list that Luigi has. The final smash is actually Darkrai's signature move, Dark Void, so it has to be included this way. A guy can dream can't he?
Darkrai is probably the obvious choice for the next pokemon character aside from the changing of trainers we already came up with, (hey we should work together for nintendo some day), but I cannot really think of a side b move either. I've pondered dark pulse, which, instead of generating from him and widening around him like in the pokemon games, would shoot from his hands and go sideways, growing bigger vertically as it traveled. Your Dark Void idea for his final smash is good, and I could not see it any other way, but wouldn't that just be like peaches and luigis combined (This isn't necessarily bad)? what bout down b, a counter (like lucario's or Marth's, or an attack (such as ddd's)?

To Smot:why the *&^% would a %^$#ing marble be in brawl????

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Sonic should be out.

I think the pokemon Medicham would have made a nice brawler. Waluigi should have also been in as a brawler.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
No it isn't, the limit is closer to the ground. Have you guys even looked at my reasoning at not including Ridley?! He is so massive that he would have to change the game play, and since he would turn the game on its head, I have named a problem where characters are too large to use as the "Ridley Syndrome". I might as well name characters that could only be clones of an existing character as those who suffer from the "Starfox syndrome" since all Starfox characters so far (outside of Fox the original) are clones.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
No it isn't, the limit is closer to the ground. Have you guys even looked at my reasoning at not including Ridley?! He is so massive that he would have to change the game play, and since he would turn the game on its head, I have named a problem where characters are too large to use as the "Ridley Syndrome". I might as well name characters that could only be clones of an existing character as those who suffer from the "Starfox syndrome" since all Starfox characters so far (outside of Fox the original) are clones.
what they could do is add like 5 really big characters and then make like master hand and crazy ahnd playable, then just make it so to killt hose guys you have to make them lose all HP and there would only be certain satges thye could play, also they would have a lot of hp but one life and they couldnt get knocked back, stuff like that. Also it wouldnt be liek the big guy always won or the normal character always won, it would take player`s skill mostly, although there may be some natuaral advantages/ disadvantages.

this is a little unrealistic though, especially for tournaments.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
what they could do is add like 5 really big characters and then make like master hand and crazy ahnd playable, then just make it so to killt hose guys you have to make them lose all HP and there would only be certain satges thye could play, also they would have a lot of hp but one life and they couldnt get knocked back, stuff like that. Also it wouldnt be liek the big guy always won or the normal character always won, it would take player`s skill mostly, although there may be some natuaral advantages/ disadvantages.

this is a little unrealistic though, especially for tournaments.
so essentially it would be like boss battle where you control the boss

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Precisely why we can't. We'd be controlling the boss, and we would have to change everything as we know it about them. Ridley for example, would have to fly around and have a different moveset than the one he has in Brawl. Whats even more, they have to be made so they can be on all stages, and in tournaments there will finally be a banned character, which is why it shouldn't and, in this universe, will unlikely happen.

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
I vouch for Rosalina in Brawl, she deserved to at least be an AT...She better be included in the next one, along with Daisy and Micaiah. >:|

Also, Ridley in Super Smash would literally destroy what we've known as normal Brawling, Ridley's meant to be a boss, maybe in the future, he could be a character...but for now, he's gigantic! imagine playing as him in a bunny metal curry mega low gravity brawl!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah, I played Super Mario Galaxy and I have to support that. After all, Rosalina doesn't get captured, and she is better than Peach (who I see as a Japanese attempt at Barbie).

My point exactly.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
To Smot:why the *&^% would a %^$#ing marble be in brawl????
Dude I would totally main the the marble, that would be sick.
It would be a lot like playing sonic, all you would do is roll around in a ball, since that is 90% of Sonic's move set...

TheForger

Smash Rookie
Sunnyvale, California, United States, North Americ
Precisely why we can't. We'd be controlling the boss, and we would have to change everything as we know it about them. Ridley for example, would have to fly around and have a different moveset than the one he has in Brawl. Whats even more, they have to be made so they can be on all stages, and in tournaments there will finally be a banned character, which is why it shouldn't and, in this universe, will unlikely happen.
You sir, are my hero. Finally someone is making the logical argument for not adding the current bosses as playable characters.
Anyway I agree that Rosalina should be added. There is no doubt in my mind that if we took a poll of everyone who has played SMG that if they had to choose a princess, they would all pick Rosalina.
And now for something non-supportive. Everyone is saying that they should make the PkMn trainer like this so that they can add this pokemon and what not. My beef with this idea is that there would be a ton of different pokemon and they would all have slightly different movesets so they couldn't be the same character. They chose the 3 original starters for a reason. Everyone loved Charizard because he was just awesome back then and plus they were the beginning of pokemon. Also I think that if any series in brawl should have the most characters it should be from the Mario universe. Mario brought video games back to life after their slow decline all those years ago. I love pokemon and everything but Mario is just more iconic for Nintendo as a whole.
to get back to the topic at hand though I think Sylux should be added from Metroid, Roy should be re-added, Neku (from TWEWY) and Claus from Mother.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
anyone from the sonic games would be good to add.
and there are too many starfox characters. even though clones can be different in ways, it would be better just to replace them with totally unique characters.

Meta Marth

Smash Apprentice
i still think Ridley should still be in. all they would have to do is scale him down to size. just make him a bit bigger than other characters. look at Bowser, often times he was several time larger than Mario in the games, but they made him smaller for Super Smash. it would please the fans a lot anyways if he was put in.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
i still think Ridley should still be in. all they would have to do is scale him down to size. just make him a bit bigger than other characters. look at Bowser, often times he was several time larger than Mario in the games, but they made him smaller for Super Smash. it would please the fans a lot anyways if he was put in.
Yeah, but Bowser's size always went up and down and in the most recent Mario Platformer, he is only slightly bigger than the plumber. Ridley, on the other hand, was always massive, and can't be shrunk down in size and feel right. While Sakurai did manage to get Giga Bowser playable temporarily, and workable, Ridley would have to have a very different set of rules to him. He would have to be able to be knocked out at around 100% and have to raise someone up around that same area in order to KO them (or he can be one of those tanks, but still, no low percent KOs). He can't fly around the stage (he can have multiple jumps due to his wings), he'd have to be grounded, and there is a lot more (he can have a final smash though, it would be a move similar to a dragoon). There are too many problems, and it would be better of that he stays just a boss.

heartless_pit

Smash Cadet
out:
no one ther chars they got now are awsome choices

in:
mewtwo
Olimar shud have another suit that looks like the guy from pikmin 2
(i think everyone shud have at least two people from thier series)
Dark Samus OR Ridley (i dont wanna make sakurai go crazy)
Krystal definetaly shuda made it...
This is a little bit of a funny request but the crwew from donkey kong 64 meaning tiny, lanky, chunky
Baby Bowser
not many other i can think of... so yea thers my list

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The black knight
Toad(it boggled me that he wasn't in it)
Kamek
Ridley
Majoras mask link(just his 3 transformations,it would work kinda like pokemon trainer.Plus his final smash could be fierce deity link)
King K.Rool
Sephiroth(just imagine how broken/funny he would be with massive range,power,speed.Instant ban)
Boo(I actually
Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
I have loads more but......you know.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, because so many of you are making lists, I'll make one too.

Mario series:
Bowser Jr. looked like a good candidate, after all, DK's little pal made it in, so why not Bowser's

DK series:
You know, so far the only playable character from the N64 game that has somehow disappeared was Chunky, wounder why. Maybe he should have been included.

Legend of Zelda:
I haven't played any official games from this series so I aint talking about it.

Metroid:
While all I know about this series is from Wikipedia, I definitely say that an inclusion of Dark Samus would be a lot better than an inclusion of Ridley.

Yoshi:
No more! I was upset when they reintroduced Yoshi.

Kirby:
wait there's more? I have played a couple of Kirby games here and there, and I can't come up with any more.

Starfox:
When so far, all three characters form this series are Fox clones, so with only knowledge from wikipedia, most options would mean yet another Fox clone. Krystal is the only one that I can come up with that can be something other than a Fox clone.

Pokemon:
Include Mewtwo, and add some more Pokemon (I personally want Darkrai in, still won't beat Charizard, but will beat the rest of the cast)

F-zero:
No Idea

Mother/Earthbound
still No Idea

Ice climber:
there aren't more are there?

Fire Emblem:
I don't get this at all.

Game and Watch:
there's more?

Wario:
See Yoshi series.

Kid Icarius:
Never played it.

Pikmin:
no Idea, I was playing Melee when this was out.

ROB:
there aren't that many dead accessories left.

Metal Gear Solid:
Understanding the story line is one thing, trying to choose one is a totaly different thing on the same level.

Sonic:
I'll tell you when critics stop saying his games suck.

Other:
Please, no Ideas owned by Microsoft or Sony.

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
Anybody ever play A Boy and his Blob for NES? The blob with the vitamins could have been a sweet character. Kind of like kirby without the floating.

Neb

Smash Lord
Leon [Star Fox]
Animal Crosser [Animal Crossing]
Toad [Mario]
Otocan [MGS]- He'd be the ultimate camper with his tech.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Leon [Star Fox]
Animal Crosser [Animal Crossing]
Toad [Mario]
Otocan [MGS]- He'd be the ultimate camper with his tech.
1: can you come up with a list of ways that Leon can not end up a Fox clone, because I can't.
2: Look, I don't like the series, the songs, and I barely like the stage, so please don't introduce any characters.
3: ..... Doesn't look like a good fighting character. They can't even protect Peach.
4: Octacon is a scientist, there would be better fighters in the series (there are three other Snakes there too)

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
1: can you come up with a list of ways that Leon can not end up a Fox clone, because I can't.
2: Look, I don't like the series, the songs, and I barely like the stage, so please don't introduce any characters.
3: ..... Doesn't look like a good fighting character. They can't even protect Peach.
4: Octacon is a scientist, there would be better fighters in the series (there are three other Snakes there too)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174045&page=13

there are two good ones on that page (mine is not one of the 2) so take a look if youd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom