• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticTuna

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo should have been in.

Just swap Lucario's model for Mewtwo's and tweak the visual effects a little so that they look Mewtwo-ish (adding in a teleport of course) and we're in business.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Out:
R.O.B.
Ganondorf (CF clone)
Toon Link
In:
Midna (zelda clone)
Mewtwo
Pichu

Ganondorf with a sword.
Feraligator
Graveller
Kabutops
Poliwrath
Pokemon: (atack)
Ariados (Spider Web)
Cubone (Bone rush/Bonerang)
Donphan (Earthquake)
Forretress (Protect)
Hitmonlee (classic 64 Leap-Kick)
Hundoudor (Flame Thrower)
Natu (Night Shade)
Octillery (Octozooka)

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Out:
R.O.B.
Gannondorf
Jigglypuff
Wario

In:
Sora
Knuckles
Tails
Riku
Sliver
Megaman
Roy
Younglink
Toon Zelda
Zero
Blaze
DarkSpine Sonic
Improved Sonic
Metal Sonic
Super Mecha Sonic
Shadow
Rayquaza
Mewtwo
Krystal
Deoxys
Raichu
Blazeken
Roxas
Geno
Fierce Diety Link
if there are that many sonic characters it might aswell be called sonic battle 2

SonicX580

Smash Lord
10yesandnos
Are you kidding me> about Sora and Riku would be awesome with their set of moves but I do agree with you on R.O.B. amd for the other Sonic characters blaze, sliver, tails, knuckles I choose them because it's to prove sonic characters aren't only about speed.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Are you joking?
No.

There is no way this is a serious post.
Suprise! It is

You guys, Its just my opinion! My gosh.

Out:
R.O.B.
Gannondorf
Jigglypuff
Wario

In:
Sora
Knuckles
Tails
Riku
Sliver
Megaman
Roy
Younglink
Toon Zelda
Zero
Blaze
DarkSpine Sonic
Improved Sonic
Metal Sonic
Super Mecha Sonic
Shadow
Rayquaza
Mewtwo
Krystal
Deoxys
Raichu
Blazeken
Roxas
Geno
Fierce Diety Link
Jigglypuff? Wario? Out?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
if there are that many sonic characters it might aswell be called sonic battle 2
I just trying to increase the roster of characters and it's not like if I adding every Sonic character to roster and check your history sonic battle2 is already made the real title of the game is called"Sonic Adventure 2 Battle".

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Out:
Jigglypuff

NO NO NO! I hate this!
Meh you can have your opinion but why would ANYONE want Jiggs outta the series? She was mid-tier in the first 2 games. Even if Sakuria toned her down (like he did Cpt. Falcon... >.>) just for this game then she could be puffed in the next one.

edit: yah I want an answer but not one that's so obvious though..

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
for the other Sonic characters blaze, sliver, tails, knuckles I choose them because it's to prove sonic characters aren't only about speed.
We don't need to prove this. At all. :urg:

It'd have been great if Will/Ed from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin had popped up, but oh well. :( I'd love the Black Knight from Fire Emblem to be playable too; you know he'd be worth a spot.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
wth are you talking about Naruto is easily the most famous show they have, the best show they have and if it wasnt for that they would be dead poor
Oh dear.
Presuming for even a second that Naruto is a good anime, (which, in my opinion, it is not. If you want to discuss why I feel this, feel free) that doesn't make it eligible for Naruto characters to be in the Super Smash Bros. series. Naruto is in no way connected to Nintendo, excluding the masses of poor-quality games that their third-parties toss out.

Jiggly is definitely NOT a copy of Kirby... For Pichu, well, personally I found the idea ********, but that's just me.
No, Jigglypuff is in no way a duplicate of Kirby. Their only similarities is that the both of them are round, pink blobs.

Popularity does not always translate to quality.

Although this has nothing to do with Naruto in Brawl, I just don't like Naruto. The day I see him in Smash is the day I abandon all hope for the name Nintendo translating quality fun games.
Agreed. If franchises like Naruto begin to get incorporated into Smash Bros, I'm forgetting about the franchise as a whole.

Snake and Sonic should have not been in the game because they both suck. I think that they should of added Paper Mario I think that would be cool to use. It would be like just using Mr. Game and Watch.

Add me as a friend..
1) Quit multiple-posting. The 'multi-quote' and 'edit' buttons are there for a valid purpose.
2) In each of your three consecutive posts, you've asked the person to add you as a friend.

What about the three characters I mentioned? Sora, Riku, Roxas.
Despite me being a Kingdom Hearts fan; no. Kingdom Hearts has had only one Nintendo game (Chain of Memories) and it's a third-party game. Inputting characters like this into Smash Bros. will kill off the franchise.
Even when dismissing my previous points, Square-Enix will never allow Nintendo to use their characters.

but i would love if wii points could let you download pokemon for pokemon trainer,(add new channel to play the game w/ downloaded pokemon)
A reasonable suggestion, actually. You could use Wii points to download a few extra characters. Though, not too many, of course.

You guys, Its just my opinion! My gosh.

Jigglypuff? Wario? Out?

That's seriously nothing compared to your ludicrous suggestions.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
OUT : No one, i'd like to have a lot of characters

IN:

Kristal Sure!

Liquid Snake No
Psycho Mantis Not before Gray/Liquid
Gray Fox Why not?

Vlad Who is that?

Roy If we have Marth, I personally don't need him
Lyn Another female character. Sure

Raving Rabbit No way
Rayman Sure

Pichu (/love :D) I wnat him more than anyone (except Mew2, Midna)
Rocket Sbire (Smogo, etc...) Not before Pichu/Mewtwo

Dry Bone Could be nice
Baby Peach No way!
Dry Bowser As a alt
Baby luigi & mario team ( like IC ) Sure!
Kamek Next time
Hammer Bros Next time
Toad Already as Peach B Move
Birdo Birdos are Ostriches

Dixie Kong Next time maybe
Funky Kong No
King K Rool Why not?

Megaman He has his own series, so sure!

Well, i'd like every character that Nintendo have already included in each game.
Also, why doesn't anyone want Midna? She's the greatest character?

Edit:
Dr Mario too. He was WAY better than Mario, and has own series.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Popularity does not always translate to quality.

Although this has nothing to do with Naruto in Brawl, I just don't like Naruto. The day I see him in Smash is the day I abandon all hope for the name Nintendo translating quality fun games.

There is nobody I could really ask for in Brawl's roster I've come to enjoy it for the most part. But maybe if they would give some of their lesser known and popular characters a chance we could see either improvement or disaster.
I dont know why people want characters out.

Characters i loathe

Sonic

Cloud Strife

Mega-Man

I loathe them all so much but id still like to have them in brawl, more characters=more fun, although we cant always have our dreams come true

Unbiased Sakurai=10xFun Brawl

sadly thats never going to happen, wish somone like miyamoto our anouma would join in and make half the descisions then maybe just maybe there would be hope, i always wonder how sakurai got the job in the first place

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
the little msn guy
I'll gather that you're joking, right?
I dont know why people want characters out.
I think you're unintentionally avoiding the point made in that previous post. It's not that we want any characters out, it's just that we don't want Naruto characters in.
Why don't ppl want Sakurai?
Because his decision-making skills lack superiority, especially when compared to that of Miyamoto's.
If you meant as a playable character, then I think you need to be locked up.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
I'll gather that you're joking, right?

I think you're unintentionally avoiding the point made in that previous post. It's not that we want any characters out, it's just that we don't want Naruto characters in.

Because his decision-making skills lack superiority, especially when compared to that of Miyamoto's.
If you meant as a playable character, then I think you need to be locked up.
which kinda means you want them out, i hate sonic cloud strife and mega man but id be glad to see them in brawl, i really cant believe sakurai wants to end it at 35 characters a third of them being clones, we should at least have 80 unique characters

Ace55

Smash Lord
Taking Wario out is the dumbest idea I've heard in a while, he one of the most origional characters and has had his own games for years. Taking Jiggs out is a close second (you wanna take out a character after 3 appearances in the series?).

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Taking Wario out is the dumbest idea I've heard in a while, he one of the most origional characters and has had his own games for years. Taking Jiggs out is a close second (you wanna take out a character after 3 appearances in the series?).
Yeah, I agree

It makes no sense taking them out.

pinkvishnu

Smash Rookie
What is it with people saying sonic should be taken out? I remember reading somewhere he was the most requested character (though of course that could be inaccurate).

Anyhow, the characters I would most like to see are either Zeratul or Infested Kerrigan from Starcraft 64. Obviously, this will never happen for many reasons, not least of which the completely different tone of starcraft compared to, say, pokemon. Still, I think it would be cool..

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
What is it with people saying sonic should be taken out? I remember reading somewhere he was the most requested character (though of course that could be inaccurate).

Anyhow, the characters I would most like to see are either Zeratul or Infested Kerrigan from Starcraft 64. Obviously, this will never happen for many reasons, not least of which the completely different tone of starcraft compared to, say, pokemon. Still, I think it would be cool..
Actully most requested characters are:

Geno

Midna

Cloud Strife

Mega Man

Sonic

i dont think sonic was top but he was up there

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Seriously...

Ok guys. For a second you have to stop and think...how would Nintendo do this? A TON of these characters you guys are mentioning are 3rd party characters. Megaman = Capcom Banjo = Rare (Which is now owned by microsoft) Geno = Square Enix (Never gonna happen) Issac = Camelot (Meh could happen). But really. It's not even POSSIBLE for many of these characters to get in Brawl. I know it's cool to think about these characters being in SSB but don't start criticizing Nintendo for them not being here. So it's fine if you say who you want to be in but don't complain about it.
In
Issac
Bowser Jr.
Lyn
Sora
Rosalina
Knuckles
Paper Mario
Lloyd Irving
Mewtwo

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
Out: Ganon (keep reading)

In: Geno
Isaac
A character that mods your game and makes online brawl not a complete sack of ****, with chatrooms/way to see who you're playing, and basic features it should've friggen had.
A Ganon that doesn't run like a girl and doesn't suck balls. His signature move is shooting a ball (the one link knocks back and forth with him). And he didn't even have it. Twilight Princess sword would've been nice. NAH LEZ MAKE HIM A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE LULZ
Frogfucius >:D

It'd be neat if there was a sort of character maker. It probably would be bad for making Brawl completely universal (for example, split competitive community?), but would be fun for those wanting

Andurian

Smash Cadet
I would love to see PLOK in there. Of course, no one has any idea who that is...

He is owned by Tradewest. The game is 15 years old now.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys. For a second you have to stop and think...how would Nintendo do this? A TON of these characters you guys are mentioning are 3rd party characters. Megaman = Capcom Banjo = Rare (Which is now owned by microsoft) Geno = Square Enix (Never gonna happen) Issac = Camelot (Meh could happen). But really. It's not even POSSIBLE for many of these characters to get in Brawl. I know it's cool to think about these characters being in SSB but don't start criticizing Nintendo for them not being here. So it's fine if you say who you want to be in but don't complain about it.
In
Issac
Bowser Jr.
Lyn
Sora
Rosalina
Knuckles
Paper Mario
Lloyd Irving
Mewtwo
ya banjo has a fat chance of getting in, while we did get sonic and snake lets face it

Mircrosoft loathes Nintendo, mainly because they are the biggest threat

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
which kinda means you want them out
No, it doesn't.
I don't want Naruto characters in the game, no. That's not saying I want them out, seeing as they're not in yet, that's impossible.
If I told you that a turd with no attacks, six clone characters that exactly looked and acted like Mario and the corpse of Crazy Frog were to be put into the game, would you seriously welcome the idea? No, I should think not, and neither would I, so don't act as if every suggestion must be accepted under my opinion just because it means we get more characters.

Gosh, that sounded as if I were intentionally being aggressive, didn't it? That wasn't my intentions, though I hope you see my point now.

My ideas aren't ludicrous. Please don't bash my opinion. Ok?
1) My opinion is that your opinion is ludicrous. Therefore, please don't bash my opinion.
2) I cannot criticize points of your opinion but you can do it to others'?

Jigglypuff? Wario? Out?

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
No, it doesn't.
I don't want Naruto characters in the game, no. That's not saying I want them out, seeing as they're not in yet, that's impossible.
If I told you that a turd with no attacks, six clone characters that exactly looked and acted like Mario and the corpse of Crazy Frog were to be put into the game, would you seriously welcome the idea? No, I should think not, and neither would I, so don't act as if every suggestion must be accepted under my opinion just because it means we get more characters.

Gosh, that sounded as if I were intentionally being aggressive, didn't it? That wasn't my intentions, though I hope you see my point now.

1) My opinion is that your opinion is ludicrous. Therefore, please don't bash my opinion.
2) I cannot criticize points of your opinion but you can do it to others'?
Ok is there a video game character like that out there? no! They cant make a character like that! the closet they could do is give him 1 good move and 3 useless ones (olimar kinda) or give him the same attack for each variation. When you say you dont want them in that means you want them out in or not IMO

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Thank you! This had to be said.
I don't know why, but it had completely slipped my mind that Nintendo doesn't own Golden Sun. However, they did get Issac in Brawl as an assist, so they had to cut some sort of deal regardless.

Ok is there a video game character like that out there? no! They cant make a character like that!
You completely missed his point. You're taking it way too literally. No, there is no character like that, but creating a playable animated poop character wasn't really what he was getting at.

A Ganon that doesn't run like a girl and doesn't suck balls. His signature move is shooting a ball (the one link knocks back and forth with him). And he didn't even have it. Twilight Princess sword would've been nice. NAH LEZ MAKE HIM A CAPTAIN FALCON CLONE LULZ
I can tell you don't play Ganon much... Yeah, his running animation is pretty gay, I'll give you that.
However, I wouldn't classify him as a clone. Lots of similar moves? Yes. However, he plays VERY differently.
Also, giving him a projectile attack would be difficult. His real flaws are a lack of an approach method, making dealing with projectiles a pain in the ***. Now if you give him a projectile, odds are, since he is a powerhouse, it wouldn't be weak, and even if it was, it still allows him to sit back and spam it until his opponent comes to him, giving him a huge advantage.

Drephigami

Smash Cadet
i think that geno shouldve made it cuz eh is a prety cool guy and doesnt afraid of u n00bs

perezo

Smash Cadet
.... The only reason most of you is saying geno is because of newgrounds.... *hides from flames* I know he was in SMRPG but still, that really the only game he was in.

Also lets say they put in these 1000 characters your saying... what would happen.... Someone would say......

"MEGA LULZ MEGA RILEYZ SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN IN TEH GAME AND FALCO SHOULD HAVE!!!!"

It's just a giant chain leading to its self

perezo

Smash Cadet
No! Not more SPAM I have to report!

Ironicly enough thats spam.... anyways....

The best roster....

IN Out
---- -------
no one no one

Face it, with out ganon's gay running, sonics annoying taunts, rob's uselessnes, ice climbers off brandness, toon link's clonelike moves, ect. its what makes brawl, well.... brawl....

Also one another point.... Riley.... wouldnt he take up like half of the screen... totally unfair.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
OK, that's enough of this thread. It's the completely wrong section for it, so go discuss this in the SSB4 thread in General Brawl Discussion.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom