• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
Methinks that Zant would have made a cool charachter, I'm just completely lost as to what his moveset would be.
Eh hes to minor to be a character, id love to see it happen but hes just too minor, although i still say he could have made it as a boss.

Out: Toon link, NO CLONES!

In: Metal Sonic
Eggman
Megaman
K Rool
Midna w/ wolf link (I'm so surprised that one never made it in due to their popularity...)
Hector
Issac (Not an AT)
Ridly (He would be hard though due to his size)
Mewtwo
Gardevoir (She WAS considered.... I could dig that topic up if you so wish.)
Krystal
Geno
Ganondorf (Make him use his sword!)

You can tell why some of those are obvious...
You want toon link out and not the fox triplets? Dude out of all of those toon link is least clonie

Why does everyone want Toon Link out? Seriously piss Normal Link off Toon Link pwns compared to Normal Link.

Id love to see Viewtiful Joe in the game. VJ games are probably my fav games of all time and he would fit so well. they could make him a falcon clone (coz his game moves are pretty much that anyway) but make him faster and his Final Smash could be Super Slow Mo but with mac Speed.

Ridley is a must seriously how could they leave him out AGAIN.

Phoenix Wright - even though he is capcom he is a Nintendo name and probably the Best DS games ever.

Skull Kid - Coolest looking Zelda character ever

LAWL characters id love
Jack Bauer
EVA Unit 01
Neo
Kira
Goku
Nah if it was a choice between the 2 Links toon link would go bye-bye. Links just so much better, however toon link is easier to control. Toon Link has only 1 good B attack, bombs. His arrow and boomerang are so amazingingly slow compared to Links its almost useless, now i may sound crazy here but: I prefer Links D air, toon links is so much weaker and harder to control.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
l3oOkeR said:
Phoenix Wright - even though he is capcom he is a Nintendo name and probably the Best DS games ever.
Phoenix would probably work better as an Assist Trophy. He could yell "OBJECTION" with the speech bubble covering the whole screen; in other words, a less stupid alternative to the Nintendog they use for that now.

Kevin Liu

Smash Rookie
king k rool should be in. he could throw kritters and klaptraps =)
mr game and watch should be out. he sucks

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Naruto (he doesnt fit the whole nintendo thing but hey they made games about him and he originated from Japan, why not?)
Because Naruto is one of Shonen Jump's poorest character creations and that... ugh, I can't be bothered to explain it again. Naruto just has no relation to Nintendo in any way.

Skull Kid - Coolest looking Zelda character ever
YES. Actually, I've hardly heard this suggestion, but it'd be rather cool to see.

Jill from Resident Evil...

hey if Snake can join why cant she¿? :o
Because the creator of Metal Gear Solid had many connections to Nintendo; he worked directly under Shigeru Miyamoto's orders. Capcom and Resident Evil may be awesome, but Jill is an unrealistic suggestion and would pretty much KILL the Nintendo feel of the series.

R.O.B. SHOULD STAY IN!

So stop saying that he should not, you tomfoolery fools! Taking R.O.B. out would DESTROY the game!
Fight the power, TRSC! R.O.B isn't one of the characters I play, but I praise him for at least having an original moveset. :bee:

Tell Square that. (Referring to YET ANOTHER Geno suggestion.)
Exactly. Square-Enix would never allow it to happen.

Jesus anyone?
Just thinking about a moveset for Jesus boggles my brain. :dizzy:

mr game and watch should be out. he sucks
He's also the very first Nintendo character (ever), automatically making him a vital piece of Nintendo's history. He has an original moveset and is a vital character to the series.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I won't attack characters that brought individual movesets to Melee, despite the fact that I may hate them privately, I will only mention new Brawl characters, or cloned Melee characters.

Newcomers I could have done without-
Pokemon Trainer(come on, the pkmn roster doesn't need to be 6 characters)
Sonic(sorry to be so predictable, but I have been against his inclusion since Snake was announced)
Zero Suit Samus(don't get me wrong, I just think the game would have been better off with a different female character, or another Metroid rep)
Toon Link(I was all for him if he had different B-button moves. Not to mention that he trumps Link in just about every category. Go to hell Sakurai)

Returnies, or new characters-
Roy
Female rep from Fire Emblem(honestly, just about anyone would do fine)
Ridley
Claus
Krystal
Isaac/Felix(from Golden Sun)
Samurai Goroh

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Just thinking about a moveset for Jesus boggles my brain. :dizzy:
Hehe, sadly the first thing I think of is that he would be the best at spiking people in water. >.<

I wanted Midna since I saw her.
Personally, I think she would make an amazing assist trophy. I'd say she should have been included that way and then whenever she appears, she randomly transports all the combatants to another stage (any stage set to appear in the random stage selection).

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
wth are you talking about Naruto is easily the most famous show they have, the best show they have and if it wasnt for that they would be dead poor

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
geno. he was best rpg character amirite

*cough* Mallow was better! *cough*

Okay, Geno was cooler on concept, but Peach and Mallow were pretty much the only two characters I needed in Super Mario RPG.
Plus the Golden Sun characters were better RPG chars IMO (Well, not the people from the second. God I hated the main char from that one... forget his name though.)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ya I know ppl are gonna say no buuuut
Pichu shoulda stayed on if Jiggly stayed on cause Isn/t jiggly a copy of Kirby:confused:
Jiggly is definitely NOT a copy of Kirby... For Pichu, well, personally I found the idea ********, but that's just me.

Puddin

Smash Lord
wth are you talking about Naruto is easily the most famous show they have, the best show they have and if it wasnt for that they would be dead poor
Popularity does not always translate to quality.

Although this has nothing to do with Naruto in Brawl, I just don't like Naruto. The day I see him in Smash is the day I abandon all hope for the name Nintendo translating quality fun games.

There is nobody I could really ask for in Brawl's roster I've come to enjoy it for the most part. But maybe if they would give some of their lesser known and popular characters a chance we could see either improvement or disaster.

VrOsT

Smash Rookie
OUT : No one, i'd like to have a lot of characters

IN:

Kristal

Liquid Snake
Psycho Mantis
Gray Fox

Vlad

Roy
Lyn

Raving Rabbit
Rayman

Pichu (/love :D)
Rocket Sbire (Smogo, etc...)

Dry Bone
Baby Peach
Dry Bowser
Baby luigi & mario team ( like IC )
Kamek
Hammer Bros
Toad
Birdo

Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
King K Rool

Megaman

Well, i'd like every character that Nintendo have already included in each game.

3runner11

Smash Rookie
In:
Shadow mario
Dr mario
Mewtwo
Pichu
Boo
Knuckles
Shadow (without those crappy guns)
Silver
Rayman
Crash (That would be fun!)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
OUT:
ZSS (just no)
But... then where would we find our friendly neighborhood stripper?

Also, as much as I agree that all these Sonic/MGS characters would be great, this is supposed to be a Nintendo themed game, with the occasional third party guest. As Kirby states in that Smash Kingdom video (if you haven't seen it, I'd say to check it out. It can be found on Newgrounds and is quite funny): "I'm all about 3rd parties, but enough is enough!".
Personally, I think 1 playable character from each 3rd party game is just fine (Then again, I'm the kind of person who shakes his head and asks why when he sees Star Wars characters in a medieval fighting game, so what do I know?).

wangston

Smash Lord
Mega Man, Mega Man X, Zero, or Mega Man EXE. Any of those Characters and I would have been set for life.

jiggz kirbz

Smash Journeyman
Don't you think some other nintendo character deserved to be in brawl well tell all here and you can also say who dosen't belong in Brawl.

Snake and Sonic should have not been in the game because they both suck. I think that they should of added Paper Mario I think that would be cool to use. It would be like just using Mr. Game and Watch.

Add me as a friend..

jiggz kirbz

Smash Journeyman
OUT : No one, i'd like to have a lot of characters

IN:

Kristal

Liquid Snake
Psycho Mantis
Gray Fox

Vlad

Roy
Lyn

Raving Rabbit
Rayman

Pichu (/love :D)
Rocket Sbire (Smogo, etc...)

Dry Bone
Baby Peach
Dry Bowser
Baby luigi & mario team ( like IC )
Kamek
Hammer Bros
Toad
Birdo

Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
King K Rool

Megaman

Well, i'd like every character that Nintendo have already included in each game.
If dry bones was in the game I would probably use him
Add me as a friend since you are new like me lol

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Out:

Sonic
Snake
R.O.B

In:

Staryu ( Pokemon )
Nintendog ( Nintendogs )
Metroid ( Metroid )
Toad ( Mario )
Mona ( Warioware )
Stafy ( Stafy )

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Out:
R.O.B.
Gannondorf
Jigglypuff
Wario

In:
Sora
Knuckles
Tails
Riku
Sliver
Megaman
Roy
Younglink
Toon Zelda
Zero
Blaze
DarkSpine Sonic
Improved Sonic
Metal Sonic
Super Mecha Sonic
Shadow
Rayquaza
Mewtwo
Krystal
Deoxys
Raichu
Blazeken
Roxas
Geno
Fierce Diety Link

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
not fierce deity, that could have been his final smash however, too much pokemons , too much sonics , megaman should however and probably bomberman and megaman will one day be in a supersmash game

SonicX580

Smash Lord
not fierce deity, that could have been his final smash however, too much pokemons , too much sonics , megaman should however and probably bomberman and megaman will one day be in a supersmash game
What about the three characters I mentioned? Sora, Riku, Roxas.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
i don't want geno or cloud or anything,
but i would love if wii points could let you download pokemon for pokemon trainer,(add new channel to play the game w/ downloaded pokemon)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Knuckles, BanjoKazooie, Megaman, the animal crossing kid (move set would be easy to make, why not >_>) maybe a few of the metroid prime hunters such as trace, or sylux, wolf link, dark samus. The end.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Out:
R.O.B. dear god yes
Gannondorf He should stay, but get his own moveset
Jigglypuff She's a veteran. Should stay
Wario Wario was past due. Should stay

In: