• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natolis

Smash Cadet
i would say at least one for game and watch's game , sonic's game,ice climber, game, samus's game and snake's game

Charizard92

Smash Champion
If he means more, all the characters from Game & Watch are just blobs, Sega has to allow Nintendo to put more Sonic characters in a game, Ice Climbers are all the characters, and the remaining two might be the only ones that are practical (Best two options from Metroid are Ridley and Dark Samus, but there has to be dozens of options from Metal Gear).

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
If he means more, all the characters from Game & Watch are just blobs, Sega has to allow Nintendo to put more Sonic characters in a game, Ice Climbers are all the characters, and the remaining two might be the only ones that are practical (Best two options from Metroid are Ridley and Dark Samus, but there has to be dozens of options from Metal Gear).
Yes, you're most probably right. He probably meant more characters from each of the series'. Well, even in that case...:

The only main character in the Game & Watch series is Mr. Game & Watch.
Another Sonic character would overrun the game with third-party cameos. This goes the same for Metal Gear Solid. Of course, this is only my opinion.
Apart from the simple enemies, the Ice Climbers are the only characters from Ice Climbers.
As for Metroid, I agree, it needs another character in this series. The original Ridley was the same size as Samus, so that would be realistic. As for Dark Samus... alternative costume.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Problem with wanting certain characters in smash is that while you want them in, giving them a unique moveset that is both functional and not broken is very difficult.

My problem with Mega-man is that I see that he's going to unfortunately have to take traits from Samus and Kirby: Charge shot and the ability to take another character's ability and use it themselves (lets be honest, we kinda know that if mega takes mario's ability he's going to have something equavilent to a fireball)

Banjo and Kazooie I'm only thinking eggs which makes me think of Yoshi, though BK's eggs might bounce and not explode mid-air but I'm afraid he'll feel half effort when used.

I would almost want a character that has perhaps a very unique ability such as they cannot be grabbed or even have something like even when hitting shields 2-3% is still inflicted depending on the strength of the move...of course I'm thinking of the Black Knight but cmon, who didn't want him in?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
A lot of people seem to want 3rd party characters.

Don't a lot of 3rd party characters have like, no chance of being in Brawl?

Anywayz, I'd like:

Ridley
Mewtwo
A kind of SPACE PIRATE

Seriously, has anyone given the Space Pirates a try?

They're like, in almost every Metroid game. I could see them actually having a moveset.

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
A lot of people seem to want 3rd party characters.

Don't a lot of 3rd party characters have like, no chance of being in Brawl?

Anywayz, I'd like:

Ridley
Mewtwo
A kind of SPACE PIRATE

Seriously, has anyone given the Space Pirates a try?

They're like, in almost every Metroid game. I could see them actually having a moveset.
like u said don't alot of 3rd party characters have no chance in brawl, so why include space pirate

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
like u said don't alot of 3rd party characters have no chance in brawl, so why include space pirate
wrong, most 3rd party's do have a chance, it's just that there chances are just slim to none, just as long as they've been on a Nintendo System they are not "impossible".

second the space pirate are form Metroid, therefore not 3rd party, some Space Pirate's would include Sylux for example who would probably make the best candidate out of any of them to have a shot a roster shot.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Out:
Lucario

In:
Blaziken
Phoenix Wright
Red Mage
Oh my gad don't hate on Lucario!

Out:

G&W.... Anybody knew him before SBBM? Didn't think so.
Ice Climbers.... Maybe they were famous in Japan.....
Snake is iffy, he's not really a Nintendo character -_-

In:
GANON WITH SWORD!
I've been saying Banjo since the release of melee, but I doubt its gonna happen
I Haven't even played Fire Emblem, but I wish Lyn was in.
Tiny Kong. Maybe next time.
Geno would be a cool marioworld addition
Toad. lol. Maybe a more appropriate addition than Geno (but not as kewl)
Gallade. This is just kind of stupid but he's my FAVORITE PKMN!
Ridley.... But he seems too big...

I guess we should keep in mind that they need to save some characters for newcomers in SSB4 or even 5.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Ridley.... But he seems too big...
you should watch what you say and get your facts straight.

first of all, Snake originated on the NES, therefore he is technically a Nintendo character, second don't complain about Ridley's size, take a look at Olimar, before Olimar was confirmed, alot of people here on smashboards constantly argued that Olimar wouldn't be able to fit due to his "small" size, but what happened? Sakurai worked around that and re-sized Olimar into a "Smash size" character, same could be done with Ridley, ever looked at Melee's intro?, that should give you an indication of how big he could possibly be, it doesn't matter if he was big in Subspace Emmisary, Sakurai or whoever can work around it in order to make him "Smash size."

angel_of_light_pit

Smash Rookie
Who should be in?:
Mewtwo
Megaman
Zero
Shadow the Hedgehog
Midna
Krystal
Dark Samus
Mr. L
Waluigi
Bowser Jr
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
Roy
and last but not least, James Mcloud, yes, Fox's daddy, coming to show his son how it's done lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser Jr and Mewtwo is all that I want. I'm not too demanding like others.
I mean seriously, Megaman never had a chance, and what stuff is Dark samus gonna do anyways!?

However, I did want Toon Link OUT, not just because I hate him...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Bowser Jr and Mewtwo is all that I want. I'm not too demanding like others.
I mean seriously, Megaman never had a chance, and what stuff is Dark samus gonna do anyways!?

However, I did want Toon Link OUT, not just because I hate him...
I was hoping Toon Link would have an original moveset, but no Sakurai wanted to screw us all over.

And Sylux would be awesome. Of course, some of his moves are sketchy, I'd like to see someone come up with a moveset for him.

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
you should watch what you say and get your facts straight.

first of all, Snake originated on the NES, therefore he is technically a Nintendo character, second don't complain about Ridley's size, take a look at Olimar, before Olimar was confirmed, alot of people here on smashboards constantly argued that Olimar wouldn't be able to fit due to his "small" size, but what happened? Sakurai worked around that and re-sized Olimar into a "Smash size" character, same could be done with Ridley, ever looked at Melee's intro?, that should give you an indication of how big he could possibly be, it doesn't matter if he was big in Subspace Emmisary, Sakurai or whoever can work around it in order to make him "Smash size."
It wouldn't really be possible to make ridley "smash size", even if you were to downsize that still doesn't accout for wingspan, and the fact that if he were smaller he would look odd because of his body design. Sakuri was able to "smash size" captain olimar because his sillouette fits in because his a humanoid character, and he is made bigger, rather than smaller.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Out;
Toon Link - Basically just Link
Game & Watch - 2D in brawl, not my style
Snake - It's a fanatsy game, u can't have people from real countries or u cud just have James Bond (which wud be ridiculous)
Lucario - I don't mind him but Mewtwo is a better character to have and u don't want ne clones

In;
Midna - She cud be a floaty character with her orange hand as her main attack. That Monster she turns into cud be the FS
Mewtwo - I prefer him to Lucarrio
Tails - Sonic is in so therefore Tails shud be 2 (Shadow cud be a colour variant of Sonic)
Knuckles - The 3 of them, Knuckles is a gr8 character and wud fit right in with ssb

Also change Ganon to use his sword a bit more like in TP he's too much like C. Falcon even in brawl

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Out:

Out;
Toon Link - Basically just Link
Game & Watch - 2D in brawl, not my style
Snake - It's a fanatsy game, u can't have people from real countries or u cud just have James Bond (which wud be ridiculous)
Lucario - I don't mind him but Mewtwo is a better character to have and u don't want ne clones
Why does everyone want Game and Watch out? Being flat isn't a big deal at all, it makes him VERY unique.
IC shouldn't go either, simply because 2 characters at once is also something only they do. If being "unkown" is a problem, then throw Pit out too

The next smash should bring EVERYONE back, and leave noone. I haven't decided on any newcomers...

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
I know that you've already been corrected a number of times, but I should just make it clear once again; the space pirates are the main enemies of the Metroid series. Therefore it's not a third-party creation, being as that Metroid was created by Nintendo.

G&W - Yeah, pretty much every hardcore Nintendo fan knows of him. To know that you'd never heard of him is actually quite surprising. He was, after all, Nintendo's very first character. For that reason alone, (and that the GAME & WATCH systems pretty much rocked) G&W deserves his spot in the game.
Ice Climbers - Again, these two characters are well-known amongst Nintendo fans. And as you've said yourself, the Ice Climbers are famous in Japan - which is, of course, where Brawl was created.

It wouldn't really be possible to make ridley "smash size", even if you were to downsize that still doesn't accout for wingspan, and the fact that if he were smaller he would look odd because of his body design. Sakuri was able to "smash size" captain olimar because his sillouette fits in because his a humanoid character, and he is made bigger, rather than smaller.
In the very first Metroid game, Ridley was the same size as Samus and his wings were smaller than his own body in both length and width. (He didn't use them at all in the first game, but that's besides the point.)
I, for one, am referring to this original Ridley when I suggest his inclusion into the Smash Bros. series. It would be great for the normal Ridley to be included, but that is simply unrealistic in terms of possibility.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
This is basically an SSB4/Brawl complaint topic in disguise. . .

Everybody here is just posting their personal opinions, most of the serious people who actually know their stuff are only at general brawl discussion.

Nobody should be out, but there are characters that deserve it very little. Toon Link and Falco are clones, yet Mewtwo has an original moveset and didn't return. That's utter blasphemey. Mewtwo deserves it more then anyone. Ridley is up next, he's only kept out by Sakurai's personal bias. After Ridley, King K. Rool is very popular and iconic, having boatloads of moveset potetional. Next we have Black Shadow who can inherit Ganondorf's slower stronger Falcon moveset while Ganondorf finally gets the unique moveset he deserves. Finally, there's Isaac, who will help deserve a popular franchise with no characters. I could go on, but asking for more then 40 characters in Brawl is rather unrealistic.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I would much rather have Zero. For some reason I think he is just so much cooler.
why not both? *fits the game*

and what about veiwtiful joe?

and i havent seen 007 *the goldeneye one* (would rip off snake.)

nor have i seen tony hawk *as a assist trophy*

or tails or knuckles or metal sonic...

nor black shadow ken & ryu

nor the ninja turtles.....

nor axel,skate,blaze

Robocop...

hell....even the power rangers could make it in the game....

along with half the people in mortal kombat...

Vector man could also have made it....

and Dante + Nuro

i have a very long list... could go on all week...

urdailywater

Smash Hero
In:

Buizel
Pichu or Pichu Brothers (see: Plusle and Minun)

..hmm..

MASTER CHIEF
Mega Edit: Plusle and Minun should've been in. I'd love to see a double team coming from my favorite Nintendo series.

Out:

..Wolf (or just get rid of Falco and replace)
Lucas
Zero Suit Samus

Oh, and all veternans (including Jigglypuff to all the haters) deserve to stay.

Edit 2:

Toon Link and Falco are clones
I agree with the falco one somewhat but Toon Link has way more differences than lets say the mega-clone Young Link.

I'm happy at the approach they made when making him. Kept the classic link and gave more..

I just wish they could've made a big step like they did between Roy and Ike. Now I saw some huge differences there.

zippo074

Smash Cadet
Bomberman and geno would've been sick, but I think some sort of starwars character would be flippin awsome. I know starwars is owned by lucasarts, and I know they would neverm ake it in, but hey, it would be cool.

EDIT: Master chief... Ftw...

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Out: Toon link, Lucario, Wolf, Rob, Diddykong

In: Megaman, Issac (replace his AT with Ivan or Garet), Hector, Mewtwo, Geno, Cutman(lol)

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, Mewtwo was highly original and a MUCH cooler character than Lucario. Mewtwo is also widely known throughout the Pokemon community because he was the last Pokemon in the game. EVERYONE knew who Mewtwo was. Wtf is this Lucario? Is this what you call fanservice or just flicking us off with this rubbish.

Toon Link is an excellent replacement for Young Link. But if they scrapped Young Link altogether, Toon Link really isn't needed...

Ridley could have been the second (much needed) Metroid character, but they simply... didn't go with it... They made him a boss, but who's going to play SSE in a couple years? Seriously, ever since I saw Ridley in the SSBM opening, I was like "I'M PLAYING HIM IN THE NEXT GAME" (too bad I was disappointed the day it came out).

Wolf really was a big middle finger to the community (the part of it that actually cares). We needed ANOTHER space animal clone (and another Land Master). There could have been many many Assist Trophy characters and such that could have been better replacements.

Sonic was tied with Geno and another character I forget. Sakurai himself said that Geno was considered 1st party. It would've been an easy negotiation with Square over the rights for Geno. Choosing Sonic is just brushing up with Sega with the totally rubbish "Mario and Sonic at the Beijing Olympics" game. I don't see the point of having the popularity contest if you weren't going to consider the results anyway.

Just another note, Mario would have been l33t if he had a Doc costume on. Wario got his ugly overalls costume back, why can't Mario have his stethoscope?

God Sakurai, just get good characters like Ridley or K.rool some $%^&ty movesets, have them extra characters in SSE (much like Jiggly, ToonLink, Wolf), and give them an effing Land Master... JUST AS LONG AS WE GET GOOD CHARACTERS.

But.... the one thing the popularity contest did was raise Nintendo's awareness of the characters that the gamers loved the most. Geno and many others scored HIGH on the list. It's up to Nintendo to use that information in its future developments.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
The Ridley idea has been brought up on many occasions, so let me just clarify it for everyone; it's a very do-able character despite what some say. Any Nintendo fan would be aware of Ridley's apperance in the first Metroid game, yes? On that very game, Ridley's height was comparable to that of Samus', and his wingspan was half of that. In fact, he didn't even use his wings, anyway.
My only problem with Ridley being entered as a future character is that it would certainly become the new Solid Snake. Fans would horde around the awesome-looking creature that is Ridley and would immediately hog the character as their main, as if there were no others. We'd see a massive range of good Ridley's, bad Ridley's, and tournament-busting Ridley's. Their success wouldn't be due to quality as such, but rather the quantity of Ridley players. Other mainers wouldn't have a chance against his tier.
why not both? *fits the game*

and what about veiwtiful joe?
and i havent seen 007 *the goldeneye one* (would rip off snake.)
nor have i seen tony hawk *as a assist trophy*
or tails or knuckles or metal sonic...
nor black shadow ken & ryu
nor the ninja turtles.....
nor axel,skate,blaze
Robocop...
hell....even the power rangers could make it in the game....
along with half the people in mortal kombat...
Vector man could also have made it....
and Dante + Nuro
i have a very long list... could go on all week...
I hope to God that you were joking with half of that list. It's utterly ridiculous to want that amount of third-party characters. Smash Bros. is a Nintendo collaboration game, yet all of the characters you just listed were created by third-party developers.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
-Out-
Falco/Wolf - Don't need 3 space animals, 2 is plenty.
Lucario - Mewtwo, plz.

In -
Mewtwo - Not as a cheat, but a playable, not broken Mewtwo.
Ridley - Ridley FTW!

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Why did they get rid of ROY?! I mean, what did HE ever do smash?! I would gladly push Ike off a cliff to get Roy back T_T. But oh well :(.... I guess Sora shoulda been in there too. And I wish Isaac was a character and not an assist trophy. And to take out:
Olimar
King DeDeDEee (or whatever)
yoshi (although hes a veteran character)
Falco ( replaced by Krystal, of course)

and megaman just BELONGS in brawl. "*charge shot!!!* BOOM *player two: DEFEATED!* " Is the sound ive longed for in Brawl...

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
out:None dude i want MORE characters, i didnt like mewtwo or roy but i wanted them in

in:

toon Zelda (no cloning)

toon ganondorf (dont clone captain falcon again or ill kill you)

shadow the hedgehog

Banjo and Kazooie (obvious reasons)

Waluigi

ridley

Zant (as a boss tho)

K. rool (really he should have at LEAST been a boss in instead of adding randoms like duon.)

Dyna Blade (as a boss, im surprised sakurai didnt add him really)

Midna ( *gets gun out* or else)

Grunty (from banjo kazooie)

Naruto (he doesnt fit the whole nintendo thing but hey they made games about him and he originated from Japan, why not?)

Sasuke

Bowser jr (with paintbrush to avoid cloning)

Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask Link (obvious final smash =) )

Roy

Mewtwo

Paper Mario

Dimentio

DetLuigi

Smash Rookie
I think Lyn should have been a playable character first off. TAILS oh how I wished.
Dimentio for sure, I don't think i'd play anyone else. Luigi should have had a Mr. L color swap IMO
Hitmonlee, c'mon he'd rock so hard! I would have like Slippy or Peppy, just so Peppy could do barrel rolls in his FS. Definantly Waluigi, just to beat him up. O2 should have been a boss...god how I loved that game and the music. I'm actually really surprised Krystal wasn't in it. And Finally Lanky kong and/or Chunky kong! SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!

Denzi

Smash Master
Methinks that Zant would have made a cool charachter, I'm just completely lost as to what his moveset would be.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
The Fire Emblem characters should have been Lyn and Hector. Maybe throw Canas in there for awesome magic and monocle powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom