• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
with all the paper mario trophies/stickers in this game why not bring in paper mario?
He could go tube form with side b, when he is sinking he can go into boat form, up b could be plane mario, thudly can be down b, paper fireballs for b, and go flat as one taunt, and for the final smash the 8-bit giant in the Super Paper Mario game.

and sorry for putting this in the wrong catagory. ):

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Megaman and the Babies.

-Ter
it would be cool to have megaman.
you know how he has different moves for his suit, each color of his character could be a different power such as coldman and groundman.

Bobo_The_Monkey

Smash Cadet
Knuckles would've been great in brawl.
Isaac should've been a character not an assist trophie

Letting you play as a Mii would've been interesting (they did it in mario kart), although now that i think about it what would a Mii's moveset be.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser could've had Dry Bowser as his alternate outfit. Of course, Dry Bowser would end up having Bowser's exact moveset.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Ok first let me just say that the suggestion to take out ROB and Olimar is ridiculous. They are two of the most unique characters in the game, though ROB didn't deserve to make it per se. IMO the only character that 'deserves' to be taken out is Toon Link. Don't get me wrong. Great character and I like playing as him. But he is the least unique clone and his cartoonish look makes him feel a bit out of place among these fantastic looking character and stage designs. I predict that in SSB4 it will be much harder to predict who will be taken out then it was from melee > brawl (though those who suggested ice climbers and G&W to go were obviously wrong)

Anyways. Back on the topic of this thread.

IMO Characters that should have made the cut.

Veterans:
-MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!

Newcomers (not in any particular order):
-Banjo + Kazzoie
-Ridley
-Megaman
-Dry Bones (not many other fans but god I thought Dry Bones would have been so BA...flame me if you want but he is tight)
-Waluigi (again, flame me if you want for the odd choice but a Mario and Luigi vs Wario and Waluigi match would have been epic)
-Knuckles

More later in an edit if I think of any. Comments on this list of characters anybody?

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Megaman wold be sweet and not a Samus clone...Roy back with a moveset based on other FE characers, Lyn playable with her own wind moveset and arrows etc

also...ZERO from megaman...he would pwn

Trapt497

Smash Ace
^^Yeh paper mario would be interesting, to say the least.

Several Roy fans here. I just have one thing to say. Aren't you tired of swords? I mean, we have several sword users, four in fact. Don't you want a new unique weapon and moveset like me?

In my opinion, Hector wielding an axe and fighting would be awesome. And Ephraim wouldn't have been a bad choice either, having a really long lance, his reiginlieff (or one of his legendary weapons you get later), to brawl. These two would have a very unique moveset, since neither weapon has been introduced into smash yet into characters. And the more unique, the better it is. We have enough swords, imo.

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
*looks at avatar* I think you guys know who I wish was in brawl....

Geno should have definatly been in, he was the one I wanted, and supported the most for brawl, he would of worked perfectly as the last 3rd party rep.

Out: R.O.B and Wolf(seriously, hes just a luigi-fied clone of fox, krstyal would of been a much better starfox rep, she could have brought her staff.)
geno's just some 1 trick pony, and krystal isn't deserving of a place in brawl. krystal is a terrible fill in and wolf's no clone, play the game man, wolf's been in more games that krystal and krystal would be stupid in brawl :hides:

i'm glad geno's and krystals not in
glade r.o.b. and wolf are in

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
o man, i never even THought of paper mario, that would ahve been awsome, i feel like he would be allot like GW, banjo kazzo would have been cool too ,,,,, in an extreme sense, i wish they made a deal with the final fantasy guys and put Sora in it with a keybade

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
But Paper Mario would have a different weight, use his hammer, and make use of his paper moves. For instance, he could glide like Pit using his airplane form.

Everyone says they want Geno, but where's the love for Mallow? I always used him, he's the red mage of the group.

I also support Lip, because Panel de Pon is awesome.

I'd replace Snake, Falco, and Toon Link with these characters. Especially Falco. In fact, don't even replace him with someone else, just get rid of him.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Out:

R.O.B.~Meh...
Olimar~Same as above.

In:

Midna
Banjo
Mewtwo~Should have been brought back, but buffed.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
For what its worth, I really thought Banjo-Kazooie would have made a top notch choice for a SSBB appearance. Thanks to Microsoft, wasn't possible, but hey, maybe next time right?

smashbot226

Smash Master
I'd replace Falco and Marth with Black Knight and Krystal.

Oh, and add Bowser Jr, Kamek, Ridley, and K. Rool.

THEN I'd be happy.

Actually, I'd never be happy without my Shy Guy...

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
I think yous are all nuts and Sakurai IS A GENIOUS!!!

IN:

Demiru
Ridley
Geno
Megaman
Ganondorf (with sword)
Knuckles
Tails
Dr.Robotnik (sonic franchise should be on par with marios for balance)

And ALL REPEAT CHARACTERS ie. Dr Mario, Toon link, Young link, Bee mario! Pichu, Raichu, Igglybuff, Wigglytuff, Charmander, Wortortle, Tetra and **** like that should be alternate costumes for their respective known main characters still having the same moveset.. It wouldnt have taken long for them to do this.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for double, you shouldnt think about replacing characters.. Its fine..

But Banjo would have been a lovely character, we know were kidding ourselves though, we may as well want Master chief and RAYfrichenMAN

I mained mewtwo in melee.. and i think it is really good he got thrown out.. for the fact mewtwo simply should be able to kill everyone dead by just thinking it.

The roster sakurai provided us is much more realistic and on the money ;)

Velda

Smash Rookie
Bowser Jr. - Mainly cause he would have brought some awesome variety.
K. Rool - C'mon K. Rool is the main antagonist of the donkey kong series!
Majora's Mask Link OR Wolf Link&Midna - Both these characters would have been awesome additions to legend of zelda roster. All we have are the obvious choices.
Ridley - We have ONE STINKING METROID CHARACTER. ONE.
Kraid - kdding
Gooey - (he's kirby's best friend. I wanna beat kirby up with him!)
Regigigas - ( I'm not kidding)
Mewtwo - They could have EASILY buffed him.
Megaman - An OBVIOUS choice for a third party character
Geno - He's- clickin sweet!
Banjo - Would have been a fun character to play as
Metal Sonic - I know you guys wanted sonic, but I wanted mecha/silver/metal sonic.
ROB - (oh wait he's in there...)
Dr. Mario - I liked him, even if he was a clone.
continued later...

hectichobo

Smash Ace
In:
Mewtwo
Rival Trainer
Roy
Funky Kong
Waluigi
Krystal
Paper Mario
Paper Luigi/ Mr. L
That Transforming girl from metroid 3 cant remember name
Dark samus & dark zero suit samus.. which im quite sure is a dude....
Captain Syrup
Edit: Gooey

Out:
Falco
Diddy
ROB
jigglypuff
lucario

Levels Needed:
Paper Mushroomy Kingdom
Melee: Terimina Great Bay
N64: Mushroom Kingdom
A brawl level with a tree that blows u around

Geist

Smash Master
Hey guys, guess who almost broke their nose by accident when they heard Ridley wasn't in, nor any other new metroid representative next to Zamus?
wtf

Also... isn't dark zero suit samus like...this lol

just throwing that out there. Dark zero suit samus for top tier? @_@

WestCoastNinja

Smash Cadet
I really wanna see King k rool and Samurai Goroh. NES Mario would be cool. If Link can get a tiny clone in 2 games then why not Mario in the next?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i would have loved to see funkey, lanky, or chunky kong. I loved dk64 and thought those guys should have been in more good games. Plus i could see them making some pretty good movesets, like for lanky they could have his ballon move for an upb his handstand sprint for a sideb and the simina slam for a downb, and mabye the grape shooter for regular b. (can you tell lanky was my favorite?)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
No, just frickin no.

Go play Super Mario RPG, Then you would understand.

I've played it, and beaten it.

I fail to see why he so popular.

Olimar deserved to be in MUCH more than most of the characters that didnt get in, and thankfully he did.

Geno has done WHAT for Nintendo?

Olimar has been in 2 player's choice games ( in case you didnt know, this means they sold over at least 1 million copies) and was created by Miyamoto.

Geno was only the semi-main character of the game he was in (SM RPG) and made a CAMEO in Superstar Saga.... and has not appeared in any nintendo games other than those.

He is in NO WAY qualified as a smasher.... I just dont see where the logic comes from.....

Also, why was Krystal so popular? She represents the games of the Starfox series that made it into a third rate series.....

Fox, Falco and Wolf are much better reps...

Anyway, as far as characters that should have been in:

Characters that should have been in :

Banjo + Kazooie (However impossible, I could dream, couldnt I?)

Paper ****ing Mario!!!

Isaac (PC)

King K. Rool (DK needs more love, dammit)

Edit: Bowser Jr. too

Samurai Goroh (PC) F-Zero has had a standalone character for long enough, sure, Falcon is 10x the man of all the rest f characters, but f-zero is a well-known franchise that needs more love. And who better as a PC than Goroh?

Mii - I've changed my mind about these entirely. Mii's for SSB4!

Bomberman - Ah beloved Bomberman.....

Mewtwo

The rival trainer sounded like a good idea.....

Thats it for me

Characters I could do without

Jiggs : Why? Why must jiggs stay?

Ice Climbers : Big one here, their game was horrid, and theyre a very awkward character that very few like.... Why must they still be here as well?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I've played it, and beaten it.

I fail to see why he so popular.

Olimar deserved to be in MUCH more than most of the characters that didnt get in, and thankfully he did.

Geno has done WHAT for Nintendo?

Olimar has been in 2 player's choice games ( in case you didnt know, this means they sold over at least 1 million copies) and was created by Miyamoto.

Geno was only the semi-main character of the game he was in (SM RPG) and made a CAMEO in Superstar Saga.... and has not appeared in any nintendo games other than those.

He is in NO WAY qualified as a smasher.... I just dont see where the logic comes from.....
i have been saying this for so long, but they wont drop it. But the point is geno aint in so it doesnt matter.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Midna, and Waluigi had no choice of getting in.

Waluigi has yet to appear in a REAL game (party games don't count lol). A minor character in psychonauts has more background and personality than him, the only awesome thing he's ever done is his crotch chop in Mario strikers lol. :D

Putting Midna in is just like putting in Navi from oot. I don't see why people liked her so much =/ TP was a really weak Zelda for me, and she really felt forced as a character. I know people are going to butcher me with claims of "Minda/wolf Link original moveset" but i mean come on, Toon link could have had an original moveset but he didn't lol. Besides this series is supposed to be about Nintendo's flagship characters, not about 1 game supporting characters (sorry Geno :'O). the only reason I think Shiek gets priority over her is because she IS Zelda.

Characters that shouldn't be in:
-R.O.B. (Good wtf character, but would have been better if he was just a subspace badguy, but these surprises are inevitable)

-Wolf (good original moveset, but i think the landmaster triplets could stand to lose a rep. especially sense the series has only 5 games, 2 good ones, and the rest have gotten progressively worse =/)

-Pit (Honestly hasn't been in a game for years. He was only put in so that the 50 people who played Kid Icarus would be happy, even though only 4 of them actually enjoyed it. Nintendo needs to revive the series to make this guy worthwhile. Ice climbers were doing just fine as a retro character and they still are :D)

- Lucas (for 3 games this series is pretty over-represented, I mean it's an awesome series but just Ness is fine. If the game was released in america [Or any other part of the world] then I'm sure his inclusion could have been justified.)

Characters that should have been in:

- Isaac (Golden sun was a very popular series, it's recent so people know it, and it consistently ranks in top RPG charts, also a lot of potential for a moveset =/)

- Samurai goroh (Dude with so many awesome games in the f-zero series i thought falcon was gonna get a friend in this game, instead all he got was an AT and smack in the face with the nerf bat)

coolbananas

Smash Cadet
Teh Valley of Justified Bemusement, Norway
O Man, Chrono from Chrono Trigger shoulda been in, even tho square will prolly never let one of their characters into the game. Waluigi, Banjo, Geno, Chibi Robo, anything custom robo and Hector shoulda been in instead of Ike. Although I DO love every character, Hector is just a tad more ****ing awesome than Ike.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
The only character that sucks that hes not a character is Waluigi.......

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Definately Bowser Jr. and Krystal. I wonder why Sakurai did not include them considering how popular they are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom