• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
having isaac and krystal would have been neat.

and i don't think geno even has a trophy. don't get me wrong, i love mario rpg

N64

Smash Champion
he (or is it a she) has been bad in all 3 SSB games
how can you say he is good?

Thats also a problem is it a gay boy or a fat girl?
Jiggs was like the third best char in smash 64, and ahead of overhalf the cast in melee. That he was in both of the previous titles should guarantee him a spot in brawl.

And I still cry a little inside when I don't see Geno on the roster.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
Out:

Marth (Ike should have replaced both, quit your *****ing)

Lucas (I love Mother but a another EarthBound character would have been the best)

Lucario (Just beacuse he is stronger than Mewtwo does not mean he deserves to be in the game more than Mewtwo, Mewtwo had 2 moives one that was extremly big was in Moive theaters while and was the first Legendary pokemon not counting the 3 birds while Lucario had a moive that no one except his crazy fans watched)

MetaKnight (he was just a mini boss plus 3 kirby reps!!)

In:

Geno

Bomberman

MegaMan

Ridley

King K.Rool

Phoenix Wright

Mewtwo

Banjo

BattleToads

I'm actually glad R.O.B got in since he saved video games and its nice to see video games pay there respect to him

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Mageman would be a really good 3rd party newcommer. I could just imagen his moves right off the bat.

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
im surprised no one has said this so far but think a few naruto characters should have been put in.. just thinking what their moves could be would be cool and it would be cool to see them in a came like brawl instead of the classic tekken style gaming even though they are quite fun :p all though if they took this idea i bet it would be Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura.. i wish theyd put Itachi >_> unfortunately theyd go with the mains first... sigh*

ShengNu

Smash Apprentice
ridley is just lame, wouldnt work out.. mewtwo got replaced by lucario.. get over it >__> banjo is lame.. and bomberman? oh goodness no >__> all he can do is kick bombs x_x

goodkid

Smash Lord
I wish Sylux was in..sigh.

Oh well, maybe next time, the next smash creators will see potential in different characters.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
as far as hunters go, he easily wins metroid rep, unfortunately for him there's still the commander of the space pirate fleet. as for others, well if we follow how the roster is set up it would go (from left to right)
Bowser Jr., K.rool,Tingle,Ridley,Stafy,Ray 01,Mewtwo,Isaac,Megaman
(Mario), (Mario Spinoff),(Zelda),(Retro?),(Cute),(Futureristic),(Pokemon),(RPG),(Extra/3rd Party)

enemyoftime

Smash Rookie
K.Rool, Megaman, Simon Belmont, Waluigi(not as an assist trophy) Krystal, Birdo, Blaziken or some other acceptable pokemon, Banjo, Koopa Troopa, TINY KONG!!!, or Lanky Kong would be cool, Toad!!!, maaaaaaaybe Skull Kid.

WestCoastNinja

Smash Cadet
Out:

MetaKnight (he was just a mini boss and 3 kirby reps!)

In:

Geno
So a minor character that was only in 2 games(one just being a cameo) deserves a spot more then Metaknight? A character thats just pure awesome that has been in most kirby games isent a little more worthy then a virtualy unknown mario rpg character? WTF is up with all the Geno love?! Was he really that awesome in Mario rpg? I gotta find some vids or something... >_>

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Actually I was expecting Megaman in Brawl, and I rooted for him. Yet I was confused at which model they would choose. I reccomend X myself, but meh. And when he didn't make it in, I was pissed...
OUT:Wolf
IN:Megaman
the way i see it: Ridley, Krystal, Waluigi, Isaac, Megaman, Petey Pirhanna, Bowser Jr., mewtwo, and King K. Rool definetly should have been in there (as playable characters).

And i would have liked to see but had litttle to no chance: Funky Kong, Birdo, Lanky Kong, Dry Bones, The baby bros.
I agree 100%, except on the Kongs. Dixie Diddy and Donkey would have been fine for me.
Also I wish Sora was in. But I knew that woulnd't happen.

Hashire Kazemeijin

Smash Cadet

Out: P.Mon Trainer

In: Geno.

I wanted to see Geno in Brawl so bad. All time favorite Mario series side character. Final Smash: Geno Whirl. 1 hit KO. And who doesn't like shooting bullets/stars from their hands at a moments notice? Point, bang, dead, point, bang, dead.

As far as Trainer goes, it was definitely a new idea, and I love creativity, but it was just too vague a reference. If they at least named him Red [his model] instead of the bland "Pokemon Trainer" I would have been fine with him.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Out: Lucario
In: Banjo-Kazooie

Just too many pokemons and BK is a classic. plus he had a lot of potential movesets.

Acid_Wolf

Smash Cadet
Out: Lucario
In: Banjo-Kazooie

Just too many pokemons and BK is a classic. plus he had a lot of potential movesets.
Agreed. But of course Microsoft had to buy rare and crush our chances of seeing Banjo...

And yeah... way too many pokemon...

D

Deleted member

Out:

R.O.B- I would hardly call an awful accessory a Nintendo all-star.

Pit- In two average games and hasn't made an appearance since 1991

Ice Climbers: Who Cares? The game was actually AWFUL!

Lucario- Nintendo Power even said this was quote "genius" (sarcasm)

Snake: Doesn't fit in this game

Olimar- He's been in a grand total of 2 games.

Jigglypuff- Why not a different Pokemon? Whats so special about Jiggs?

Toon Link- 2 games, clone

Ike- Don't get me wrong I love Ike but I'd rather see the Dark Knight dude or something.

Diddy Kong- I actually CANNOT STAND HIM!! I would rather see King K. Rool or even Funky Kong!

Pokemon Trainer- only an experiment in the first place

Never ever ever list:

Math (DK Junior Math) : There would be riots if someone tried putting math in the game

Big The Cat (Sonic) : Why would ANYONE want to play as a morbidly obese feline?

Mike Tyson (Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!) What will his final smash be? Biting off the opponents ear? Or maybe stealing all of their sports memrobillia?

Jet The Hawk (Sonic) : Another of Sonic's completely idiotic "friends"

Ashley (WarioWare) : She might have the most annoying theme in history (it's on smash bros. sound test under "Ashley's theme")

Micheal Vick (Madden) : He could get vicious bloodhounds to attack us and get us high from all of his weed

In:

Simon Belmont: plenty of weapons and Castlevania is a true classic

King K. Rool: Mario gets about 30 people but Donkey Kong gets a measly 2?

Rosalina: If she's in another game I'm sold

Tails: Sonic's sidekick!

Tom Nook: OK... it's a bit of a stretch but Animal Crossing needs a representative

Nightmare (Kirby) : If you don't recall he was in Kirby's Adventure and I've always liked him

James Bond: Another stretch but he was in Goldeneye on the N64.

Samurai Goroh: F-Zero's got one guy. It needs more.

Ridley: Same as above

Nightmare (Soul Calibur) : I think a character from a real fighting game would do this series good.

Ryu (costume switch to Ken) : Street Fighter II was HUGE for the SNES.

Someone from Ninja Gaiden: Can't think of any names at the moment

That... Thing from Nights: Journey of Dreams: Just an idea

8 bit and/or paper mario: If Link gets 2 people why shouldn't Mario?

Sora: This would probably boost sales in my opinion

Someone from an old Final Fantasy: Major 3rd party title nowadays and would boost interest

Goku: Japanese fans would LOVE this.

That Super Monkey Ball guy: A recent emerging series: Stay on the watch!

Mii: It could happen!

Jimmy T.- That would just be cool OK? (WarioWare)

Blooper (squid from Mario): If Nintendo could get R.O.B. to work they could do it with blooper

Mega Man: could be easily, easily done. (I'm concerned he'll be like Samus though)

Spyro: I don't actually know if he's been in a Nintendo game so this could be difficult.

Spike (Ape Escape) : I think this would be SWEET! using the net as a C-stick would be awesome and he has plenty of sub-weapons. I think he's Sony though...

Knuckles: This will show that the Sonic series isn't all about speed.

Chun Li- A fan favorite final smash will be spinning star kick

Guy from SPLATTERHOUSE: Can't think of the name but would be cool

Koopa- we need more villains besides Bowser and his moveset could be somewhat based on squirtle and he could fly (Koopa Paratroopa)

Bob-omb: This is actually pretty far fetched but he could explode as a final smash

M. Bison: I think this'd be pretty easy to do because he's from a fighting game

Isaac- decently popular game with a decent fanbase

Funky Kong- This might be really hard but they managed it in Mario Kart

Wolf Link/Midna: you could use that cool area attack to hit all the people in the immediate area

Roy: He would make a great comeback...

Bowser Jr.- He could be a smaller, faster version of Bowser with different attacks

Cheep-Cheep: This would be near-impossible...

Elite Beat Agents: They could all attack with microphones and they're final smash would be something like the actual game (touching the buttons)

Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes) : He has a cool sword, I mean what more do you want?

Zack (Zack and Wiki)- A new series that isn't actually half bad (fingers crossed for sequel)

Amy: I've heard tons of people object to this but sonic's other friends are even worse!

Dr. Robotnik (Eggman) : We need the main villian of the Sonic series

Jill (Drill Dozer) : I don't know if she could be a real full fledged character

Killer 7 dude: I can't think of his freakin name!

Master Chief: I don't think Microsoft would like this

Virtua Fighter character: None really come to mind

Guile: gotta show the American spirit! ( his stage would be sweet!)

Waddle Dee: this would be difficult but his up B would be the umbrella

Crypto (Destroy all Humans) - He doesn't fit the series well but he has plenty of moves to
choose from.

Toad- I bet Nintendo could design Toad in about 10 minutes

E. Honda: I would love to see the move where he karate chops really fast

Neb

Smash Lord
Out
· Jigglypuff [Nothing Special]

In
· More Fox cast.
· Poo [Earthbound]
· Tails [Sonic]
· Gray Fox [MGS]
· Tom Nook [Animal Crossing]
· Toad [Mario]

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario would have been cool,
Mewtwo should have been kept
Knuckles would have been Awesome
Midna and Wolf Link could have been really unique

Get rid of R.O.B. it was a plastic piece of trash to begin with.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
megaman ,knuckle,issac,mia (fire emblem) ,sothe (fire emblem) , bowser junior,
yuna, sora etc...
the list goes on but its obviously not up to us
but threads like these will be made until the end of time
**sigh**

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Knuckles, Baby Bowser, Ray MKII & Waluigi (instead of just having him as an assist trophy). Psy.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You know, I do like the P. Trainer, but if i wanted a character to be in a new SSB it would be Darkrai (when I say it, I sound, I don't even know how to describe it. Darkrai!)

Olimarman

Smash Ace
To be quite honest Nintendo chose all of the right characters that fit into the game the most, but wheres Megaman...

TheForger

Smash Rookie
Sunnyvale, California, United States, North Americ
imo there are different ways to want brawl but first who I think should be out:

Marth: Not a bad character but he hasn't seen the light of day for a while even though his FF is being remade
Olimar: I love him to death but 2 games isn't enough to be a brawler imo.
Lucas: Again, love him but it seems like a slap to the face of all non-Japanese Mother fans
Ice Climbers: Not many people care for them and they had one game which made people T_T
Pit: A good character and i like how he plays but 20 years of no showing up is a bit much
Snake: Groundbreaker but he really only mixes in with a couple characters. Doesn't seem to fit the Nintendians
Toon Link: However Snake is nowhere near as misfitting as this one. Young Link looks better and in 2 games that weren't crazy memorable compared to everyone's nostalgic memories with YL doesn't even match up.
Meta Knight: Not really necessary. Only reason I see is for the gliding.
Wolf or Falco: 2 Star Fox characters is enough. Keep either one but not all 3. I say keep Wolf out of my biased opinion but the 2nd character needs a different FS
PkMn Trainer: Really not necessary. If you want to find a way to fit in 3 extra pokemon on top of the 3 we already freaking have then make them an item. 6 pokemon is ridiculous.
Diddy Kong: I actually am glad he is in Brawl but there are much more deserving characters.
Mr. Game and Watch: If we're going for classics you can't beat this guy but its not really fair to bash Ice Climbers and the NES old timers and not mentions G&W.
R.O.B.: Hes not even really from a game. Hes just an accessory. Nintendo must be planning something with this dude otherwise he is wasting space. idc about his **** MK DS appearance that is just an insult to some better characters.

This is just my opinion on the matter. I don't want any pissed off fanboys/girls so please don't be mad.
Now if you love the old timers and them in their nostalgic moments (I'm looking at you Geno) then a lot of my listers won't apply. If you want all recent characters then some characters deserve the spotlight. Now for my should have been-ers

Shadow: Before you start stirring up trouble, think about it. He has the power of chaos on his side. He would not be like sonic and i think sonic deserves another character. I would love to see a Hedgehog on Plumbers battle.
Travis Touchdown: Yeah yeah i know. Another sword user but this guy would add some attitude to this game. He'd be like mixing Link's raw sword skill awesomeness with Meta Knight's cockiness. It'd be unbeatable. Plus i bet you anything his taunts would be hilarious.
Midna And Wolf Link: They have to be together imo. I think they should have been Link's down special but thats because i suck with his bombs. I would love to see these two reek havoc in 4 way battles. Plus with TP having been released somewhat recently it makes sense.
Megaman (in any of his millions of forms): what i mean by forms are his different generational looks. Megaman X is not the same and Megaman "Hub" Hikari from Battle network who is different than Omega Xis from Star Force. I think that any Mega would have done. I would have like to see the Megaman ZX just because the pre-ready forms.
Dark Samus: Just because we need another normal sized Metroid character. Plus i loved the Prime Series.
Cloud: **** straight. He was in Chain of Memories too. Omnislash and long *** range ftw.
Sora: He was in one nintendo game as previously mentioned. He would would be a nice twist plus I've always wanted to prove that the giant *** key is mightier than the giant *** sword.

No one else comes to mind as of right now.
Onto the people who should never ever make it as a Smasher

(Before you hunt me down i want to say that i have a wife and kids so please don't hurt me)
Ridley: Hes in SSE i think thats good enough. He would be too fricking big anyway.
Krystal: It'll be a cold day in Hell before Krystal replaces Falco Fox or even Wolf. Star Fox is/was (your choice) a great series but if its getting 4 characters like Mario then Nintendo would need to get its priorities straight.
Slippy: ...Why the hell did you have to get hit by the giant robot onto that **** desert planet you green ***ker? (Nightmares from SF 64)
Animal Crossing Person: "Look Mommy! I'm killing Mario with my golden axe! Now i'm burying him with my shovel! Theres Zelda, I wonder what happens when I jam my fishing pole down throat."(not in a sexual way you pedophile) So many traumatized children.
Anyone other than Shadow that recently joined Sonic's gang of friends: They have all cut a part of my soul. Sonic deserves better than them... A F**KING OBESE CAT?! REALLY SEGA? REALLY?
Waluigi: Hes cool and all but hes still a mario character. Until I see Waluigi Drugs Ltd. he ain't worthy in my book. (not pharmaceutical drugs either)
Miles "Tails" Prower: From Sonic's only friend, to "Watch me build something from resources i stole and fly it in front of you to make you seem even dumber than i usually make you look."

Thats them all. Begin your hunt now.

Heres the suggestions i don't take a side for.

Samurai Goroh: Yeah F-Zero needs another person but I have a feeling we would have another way of "Falcon Punch" jokes
Mii: I've always wanted to take on Mario but if I saw Mario killing me I would go into a vegetable like state and never recover.
Bowser Jr.: I don't think hes been in enough games but he might be as or more original than Snake or Olimar's moveset.

I'm done. You may go back to your arguments.

Hanai

Smash Cadet
As far as sonic crew go i say knuckles or Eggman/Robotnick are more deserving anyway as they are more well known than shadow and have made enought game appearances and would fight differently from sonic.

I'm not counting tails cause he annoys me even more than sonic does in his taunts and i'm sure you will agree here.

One of the other playable characters(Multiplayer)Would be decent for metriod due to size.

As far as pokes go, Blazekin,Dragonnite,Garchomp,Aggron could all work out with moves if someone wanted to.

D

Deleted member

Mr. Game and Watch: If we're going for classics you can't beat this guy but its not really fair to bash Ice Climbers and the NES old timers and not mentions G&W.
You want to take out Nintendos first character?

Wow.

Sygnal

Smash Rookie
Here's my two cents.
Get rid of toon link, and just enhance the normal Link a bit more. It seems to me the normal Link is not getting as much action.

If i see another Link re-creation I'm going to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom