• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
hey olimar is pretty good in brawl! and ROB is Ok

NOW JIGGLYPUGG he needs to get out
and i also wish Roy was back in the smash bros
leave Jigglypuff alone! Shes a human being! AUhssha! she loves her aunt, she went through a divorce, she had two kids! LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE erh Jigglypuff. Anyone who has a problem with her you deal with me because shes not well right now adhsfkjadhsl.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK there are two characters from Starfox that don't look like they are a Fox carbon copy. I don't know the details, most of what I know from the series is from wikipedia.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I've had it with the Star Fox characters. Anyone who thinks another one should be added can yiff in hell. That especially goes for Krystal. Secondly, where is Ridley? Not including another Metroid rep (other than a second version of Samus), is rediculous since we got 2 new Kirby characters, a new Fire Emblem character, TOON LINK, and R.O.B! Zamus is not a legit newcomer, that would be like saying Toon Link is a newcomer...Nevermind. Where is Mega Man? He is more relatable to Nintendo than half of the characters on the roster. It seems like they spent so much time on the mediocre SSE, Coin Launcher, and frosting on the cake, that they forgot about the thing that makes the Smash series awesome. It's a celebrity death match of all things Nintendo oozing with fan-service. Brawl is great, but it has too many flaws for the amount of effort and time they put into it.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I've had it with the Star Fox characters. Anyone who thinks another one should be added can yiff in hell. That especially goes for Krystal. Secondly, where is Ridley? Not including another Metroid rep (other than a second version of Samus), is rediculous since we got 2 new Kirby characters, a new Fire Emblem character, TOON LINK, and R.O.B! Zamus is not a legit newcomer, that would be like saying Toon Link is a newcomer...Nevermind. Where is Mega Man? He is more relatable to Nintendo than half of the characters on the roster. It seems like they spent so much time on the mediocre SSE, Coin Launcher, and frosting on the cake, that they forgot about the thing that makes the Smash series awesome. It's a celebrity death match of all things Nintendo oozing with fan-service. Brawl is great, but it has too many flaws for the amount of effort and time they put into it.
1: unfortunately for you, you fail to realize that some series are a goldmine for characters. Starfox is one of the growing ones, one new character per smash game. In reality, it is smaller than the biggest three series in smash and even if it reaches five characters, Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon will still beat it and have more characters, less of which are clones (Lucario is really not a Mewtwo clone, he may look like one but he is really not)

2: Look several posts ago I explain why we can't have Ridley. But if you are too lazy to go there I said that since he is so huge he would essentially break the gameplay as we know it.

3: Megaman is French, not Japanese (or at least I think he comes from France) and there might be problems with asking/begging (Snake was Begged in) across two continents/oceans. Besides, if he was included he would be the first non-Japanese character to be included in smash (well, in terms of his company and creator, not in literal terms, because for some reason while all the characters are made by the Japanese, none in their storyline hail from Japan [heck, some sources {according to Wikipedia} even say that Mario, Nintendo's mascot, may have grown up in the US {say where is mushroom kingdom again?}])

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I can't believe how many people are saying to axe Sonic. I don't like Sonic either, but he is more important to Nintendo's history then a lot of the characters are. Now, I'd axe Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Olimar, Ganondorf and Lucario.

Now add Ganondorf with his own **** moveset, Mewtwo, Geno, Black Shadow, Isaac, and Banjo and Kazooie. Banjo and Kazooie could have one of the coolest movesets in the game if someone actually worked on them.

EDIT:

Charizard92, did you really just say that Megaman is French? He is from Capcom buddy, Capcom is Japanese. Also, Sakurai didn't beg for Snake to be in the game Hideo did. Snake was supposed to be in Melee but when Hideo asked Melee was too far along.

Also, I'm sick of ignorant people saying Wolf is a Fox clone. Hell, Falco is the least 'clone-like' of all the clones as well. People should play with the 3 of them before they fly off the handle about too many Starfox characters.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
EDIT:
Charizard92, did you really just say that Megaman is French? He is from Capcom buddy, Capcom is Japanese. Also, Sakurai didn't beg for Snake to be in the game Hideo did. Snake was supposed to be in Melee but when Hideo asked Melee was too far along.

Also, I'm sick of ignorant people saying Wolf is a Fox clone. Hell, Falco is the least 'clone-like' of all the clones as well. People should play with the 3 of them before they fly off the handle about too many Starfox characters.
Oh, sorry, I'll look up that again.
I never said Sakurai begged Snake in, how did you infer that?
Look again, notice how all the specials and a lot of the standard attacks look similar. Luigi is technically the first clone, yet nine years since his introduction he has grown some difference between him and Mario. Other clones have started to do this too. Falco is growing to be a different character, but he still is called a Fox clone. Wolf, the newer one, has a different looking and performing moveset but it still is similar to Fox, so he is a Fox clone too.
I never said there are too many starfox characters, I just said there are too many of them that look like a tweaked Fox moveset.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
3: Megaman is French, not Japanese (or at least I think he comes from France) and there might be problems with asking/begging (Snake was Begged in) across two continents/oceans.
Guess I figured that's what you were saying here, but I can see how it could be taken a different way. And I guess I just don't see any resemblance for Fox and Wolf having both of them being two of my go too guys. It's like saying Marth and Ike are clones because they have counter. I guess I feel Wolf and Falco earn their spots on their movesets more then someone like ToonLink.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, not all clones are just tweaked physics. If you played Metal Gear (or looked it up, which is what I did), you would notice that, despite the fact that All the Snakes are clones of each other (outside Big Boss, the original), they are physically/mentally different. The Starfox characters have a similar moveset, but have different properties. (Fox's side b has no other properties, Falco's has a weak meteor smash, and Wolf's has a sweet spot meteor and an angle for example). This is why we call them Fox clones, because they have a similar moveset, but have different properties and physics (Fox is fast, Falco is agile, and Wolf is strong) we are often upset because of there close similarities (in contrast to Lucario/Mewtwo, who have very few) that we often wish that a new Starfox character could be different. Beisdes, some of us aren't asking for no more Starfox characters, just no more characters that look similar to Fox. Currently, Leon and Krystal are looking like good candidates.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
As I said, I don't really see the similarities. It's like calling Ike and Marth clones because Ike is powerful and Marth is fast and more precise. Both have B moves that need to be charged, counters that work differently, their up-b's provide little horizontal distance so they use their over b to get horizontal distance. But I digress. Oh well though, we won't see eye to eye on this. :)

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Ok I'm gonna bust out who I would've wanted in brawl:

Hector, from the FE series and I know he's already been said before but I had to say it myself as he my personal favorite even over ike and lyn...and he uses an axe *gasp* but lets keep him just as a lord ok?

Soma Cruz, from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (I don't accept the DS look of him, wearing thigh boots) I know he'd probably be a light falcon clone in some sense but with all the souls he uses you could imagine the carnage he could unleash *thinks about the FS...dracula Soma tearing everyone to shreds with fire bats or something*

and lastly Falcon's drinking buddy, it doesn't matter which one just make an awesome F-Zero character that does like...an Elbow of awesome or head-butt of beatdown...yeah

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Out: Toon Link

In: Ridley

Honerable Mentions: King K.Rool, Bowser Jr, Samurai Goroh

I have nothing against Toon Link as a character, it's just that Having Link and Toon Link both playable is almost as bad as having Mario and Dr. Mario in Melee.

As for Ridley:

Size doesn't matter in Smash Bros. It is a non-cannonical game. Resizing Ridley would "ruin" him no more than Gannondorf and Ness were runied when they were stripped of their near God-Like powers to appear in this game, or how Samus, who spends all of her games shooting things, is now a melee fighter.

Don't give me that "He would look awkard!" line that I hear all the time. First of all, that line is pure opinion. A lot of people have no problem imagining Rildey in a smaller size. Second, there are plenty of awkard character-based moments in the game already It looked wierd as heck the first time I saw olimar standing next to Bowser in this game, does that mean that Olimar shouldn't have appeared in Smash Bros.? Let's not forget that this is the series in which pichu could beat up Mewtwo, or Bowser can defeat the Mario Bros, or Gannondorf can defeat Link while getting sued by Captain Falcon for moveset copyrights.

And if Ridley has to be HUUUUGE like the haters seem to think, then he could be balanced in other ways. In the Metroid Prime games a lot of his attacks are somewhat-telegraphed, so even though he'd have ridulous range, you'd have ample time to dodge his attacks. Heck, in his SSE Boss fight he's actually BIGGER than normal, and yet it's my pick for easiest boss in the SSE!

One last thing (on Wolf being a Fox clone):

Wolf has, at most, 4 moves that are "cloned from fox". All of his a moves are different, and his blaster's similarities to Fox's ends at the name.

If being "similar" (what a vaque term) to another character is all it takes to be clone then there are A LOT of characters that are clones.

Amide

Smash Lord
Samuari Goroh really should have made it. Come on, you have like, 40 characters to choose from. Why?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On Ridley:
it isn't that he is so huge that he looks awkward small, its that he's so huge he's broken! I explain in my earlier posts, but in order for Ridley to be in he'd have to have a ruleset similar to master hand (except we would have to have flinching). This would turn the rules on its head and we'd have to ban characters, noy you don't want that do you?

On Wolf:
I just found out on Smash wiki that there is only one true blood clone in brawl (Toon link, duh) and a bunch of semi-clones. Here's the page.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Clone

The problem is that we are starting to get sick of them, especially since the entire Starfox series is made up of semi-clones. We just want some originality here, that's all.

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
okay i got a question for you banjo-kazooi guys,
why him and give me a real reason not just because he's cool or stuff like that
second what sort of attacks would you want him to have

I am sorry but this is just... look I'm not a Banjo fan.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
If we are going to have a western character to be in smash, the most likely one is going to be the one who does the best in Japan (where they typically don't do well). The band news, the current record holder is Crash Bandicoot, so I don't endorse a western character for smash.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
street fighter for ssbb

akuma/ken/ryu in one character, each one with 2 or 3 different color in there costume, you cant transform into another they are one character but in one char. slot

B(hadoken):
akuma´s hadoken in the air will go like sheiks needles, ken´s and ryu´s will go horizontal and ryu´s will have a fire effect. It should have about the same speed as wolf´s blaster but a bit more range. 5% dmg ( for ryu´s 7% dmg)

up B(shoryuken):
ken´s will have fire effect and all will gain the same height as marth´s up B. 13% dmg(16% dmg for ken´s).

side B(rotating kicks):
akuma´s will have dark effect. if all hits connect ,7, 21% dmg 3% each hit(24% for akuma). travels about 3/4 peach bomber´s length. Can be used in the air without turning into free fall state.

down B(parry):
does a parry(counter) with set knockback and dmg(8%)

final smashes
ken´s shoryuureppa: a short height shoryuken->mid height shoryuken-> full height shoryuken. 52% dmg and can kill above 30%

ryu´s super hadoken: can be charged for 5 sec. will travel very fast. uncharged 35% fully charged 60%

akuma´s: the screen will go all dark like togepi´s nightmare and will have MK´s FS range
the number of hits would be displayed and it will be a total of 16 and its a sure KO

Charizard92

Smash Champion
According to the smash wiki, Hackers have found leftover information on most of the characters we lost from Melee (except Pichu and Young link [young link should be more obvious]), why they were taken out of the game is more of a question, but time pressure was a likely reason. personally, I don't really care who should get in or not, I'm just here to praise the reasonable ones (like the two practical Starfox characters) and eliminating the pipe dreams (*hack* Ridley *hack*).

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Ok I've posted in threads like this before but I have some changes.

for F-Zero, The Skull should have been put in.

http://fzero.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Theskull.jpg
He was in both F-Zero X and GX. The reasons I want him rather than Goroh is that he looks cooler, he's an undead guy (we need a zombie-like guy for Smash Bros), and he looks kinda villianous.

or Zoda, for the same reasons above, only he actually is a villian from F-Zero.

and I want this guy:

Balloon Fighter should have been in. He'd be a great "retro Nintendo" rep.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Well let's see:

Out:

Wolf: Another clone? Give me Krystal any day of the week (Actually, Krystal was one of my most wanted characters for Brawl)
Lucario: I miss my Mewtwo
Fire Emblem characters: I just plain don't like them, it's kind of annoying to have some of the best characters in the game come from a game I've never played :p

In:
King K. Rool: This guy needed to be in this game, even if it was just a part in the subspace emissary, I'd have been happy. He could have easily replaced Petey or one of the original bosses (Original ennemies was bad enough). Anyways, with the use of his alter-egos, he could have easily been given a moveset (Blunderbuss, Crown throw, that Helicopter-thing he had in DKC3 among other things)
Krystal: > Wolf, would have an original moveset because of staff
Not Geno: A one-off character from some weird Mario RPG from years ago? I'd rather have Wart playable.
F-zero rep: I don't care, Goroh, Black shadow, this series needed something
Mewtwo: I don't particularly care for Lucario
Ridley: Same case as K. Rool I suppose, plenty of potential. Though at least Ridley got a part in SSE.
Earthbound Rep: I don't know much about the series so I wouldn't know who would be a good candidate, but IMO every Franchise that was in 64 should have at least 3 reps by now.
Yoshi rep(s): Same reason as Earthbound rep, Kamek, maybe? I really don't know.

And maybe as a bonus: Another third party.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On the first bit, This Pokemon Trainer is named Red. Red was the basis for Ash's design, yet Red himself did not appear in the anime. Besides, Anime Characters aren't included.

Mezase Master

Smash Rookie
I'm aware of that, but the animé and video games used to be hand-in-hand. I don't like Red's FireRed/LeafGreen design at all though, even the original Red/Blue design would've been satisfying. At the very least, they could make one of Pokémon Trainer's alternate outfits resemble Ash or the original Red... in fact, from the very first announcement, I assumed PT's alternate designs would be the characters of Green and Blue, and maybe some others from the newer games as well, because he doesn't see any action so his design doesn't really matter. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
As a Metroid fan, I find it amusing that people want Ridley to be playable. There's a reason that he's in SSE as a boss. He's huge, has super armor and rapid-fire projectiles, and his melee attacks are few. I'd rather see him done justice as a Subspace Emissary boss (and an awesome neutral boss at that) than see him butchered and disgraced as a playable fighter.
There's really only one Metroid character I think NEEDS a Smash spot.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As a Metroid fan, I find it amusing that people want Ridley to be playable. There's a reason that he's in SSE as a boss. He's huge, has super armor and rapid-fire projectiles, and his melee attacks are few. I'd rather see him done justice as a Subspace Emissary boss (and an awesome neutral boss at that) than see him butchered and disgraced as a playable fighter.
There's really only one Metroid character I think NEEDS a Smash spot.
He's really the only character from Metroid other than, obviously, Samus, who deserves a place in the roster. Everyone else is either too generic or has made all of one appearance. I personally stand at Samus only for a Metroid rep, because think about it; in Metroid, it's Samus against everyone (let's forget about MP3), so it should stay the same in Smash Bros. At least, that's my opinion.

And how can you complain about wanting Ridley playable when you want that...that THING from that BLEMISH on the Metroid Series to have a rep? He's had one (maybe two if that ship at the end of MP3 was his, which doesn't count even so, because it's just his ship) apperance, and as I see it, is to the Metroid Series as Shadow is to the Sonic Series; all mysterious and bad*** until he gets a game of his own and murders the franchise.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Dark Samus would be a bit better. She/it would obviously be a semi-clone (it already is), but it can have some attacks based off Phazon and all (yes I did see the last Boss fight of Metroid Prime 3 on youtube). Besides, you can finally play as it without calling Samus' dark suit color change dark Samus. Also, it had more than one appearance, more than most of the hunters can say. Whats even more, both those appearances are canon (considered a real part of the storyline [examples of non-canon games include the original Starfox and the first sequel to Metal gear {the second one, Metal gear 2: Solid Snake, became the canon game and an important part of the storyline, and to understand some parts of snake's smash taunts}])

Browny

Smash Hater
gtfo:
Falco (besides a different fsmash, fair and reflector hes still a fox clone. Wolf is completely different)
ROB (what the hell)
IC (theyre only good for one thing. the thing that makes brawl no fun at all)

do want:
Isaac (not sword based like ike, but magic based like zelda, with sword smashes)
Knuckles (with the yami yugi voice actor lol)

thats about it... I did like mewtwo in melee, but lucario is just so much better. and hes the envy of every other character who can only dream about combos that actually work on human players :p

Charizard92

Smash Champion
gtfo:
Falco (besides a different fsmash, fair and reflector hes still a fox clone. Wolf is completely different)
ROB (what the hell)
IC (theyre only good for one thing. the thing that makes brawl no fun at all)

do want:
Isaac (not sword based like ike, but magic based like zelda, with sword smashes)
Knuckles (with the yami yugi voice actor lol)

thats about it... I did like mewtwo in melee, but lucario is just so much better. and hes the envy of every other character who can only dream about combos that actually work on human players :p
Falco=luigified
ROB= I don't really know
IC= eh,, they are readily available veterans, they are sticking.

Issac=no coment
Knuckles= one of two Sonic characters that doesn't make him look bad (although may fall for "look over there" prank KO combo)

One word, Squirtle.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
for me;
in: sora
knuckles
ganondorf with his own moveset considering hes the only actual clone in brawl.
another character from metroid.
out: Peach (why the crap is she in, all she does in the mario games is get captured by bowser.)
R.O.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom