• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Hector from fire emblem, Knuckles, if possible Jak + Daxter (kinda like the iceclimbers), Geno, Megaman, and Krystal

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
Sorry I read over the 'NINTENDO characters' in the first post. But Snake isn't a Nintendo character, also Sonic. So I just said what I thought.
sure they're not necesarilly nintendo characters but they were in nintendo games like snake was in MGS and the twin snakes and sonic has been in many NGC games and sorry for the freakout but I'm a huge nintendo fan, I was angry the day I posted over something else, and I still want you guys to speak your mind.

Jimmyray

Smash Rookie
I'd like to have seen Chester Bennington.
No, really I would have liked Shadow, Knuckles and RAIDEN for more MGS repsect.

Zema

Smash Journeyman

A gift from Chuck Norris

Lucario will always be in Super Smash Bros series after brawl no matter what! Another character I want out would be Mr Game and Watch, he is a total WTF.

Anyone want to comment on Jak from Jak and Daxter?

And look! the uncyclopedia article of Lucario links to Chuck Norris (swearing and cussing beware)
I entierly agree with the Lucario bit, but cutting out Game and Watch is just stupid. Game and watch is an awesome character and should belong in smash. He was a great handheld and helped Nintendo develop better games, cut him some slax.

I do want Jigglypuff out though, he/she just seems... too random. Also, Wolf needs to be replaced by Krystal (I'm not a Krystal fan, but I'd think it'd be cool to have a female Starfox rapresentative).

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
In:
-Bowser Jr.
-Dr. Mario
-Dixie Kong (or K.Rool)
-Mona (or Ashley)
-Captain Syrup (confirmed to appear in the new WarioLand for Wii)
-Tingle (I'm serious)
-Ridley (or Dark Samus)
-Daroach (only if he reappears in the new Kirby game)
-Krystal
-Black Shadow
-Mewtwo
-Roy (or new FE lord. Sothe? Micaiah?)
-Masked Man
-Lip
-Isaac
-Baloon Fighter
-New Kid Icarus character (only if there'll be a new game)
-Tiny Hand (a tiny master hand with similar moves to Master-/Crazyhand) <3

OK, I added a character to every franchise in Brawl, beside the 3rd-Party characters and some series, who doesn't have a good character to offer for Brawl. I don't think that they should be in Brawl, but I'd be happy.

Out:
Toon Link -> Decloned Toon Link
Ganondorf -> Decloned Ganondorf
Falco -> Declone him a little bit more

I don't see the point to remove characters. If you don't like the character than don't play him. Every character in Brawl has a fanbase and there are also always people who want to see this character in Brawl.

I dislike Lucario, but I don't see why Lucario should be removed. There are enough people maining Lucario and people who like him. Having Lucario not in Brawl, just because you don't like him is a little bit egoistic.

Jimmyray

Smash Rookie
So nobody agrees about Raiden? I thought that was a cool idea. Do we think Snake will remain in the next game?

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
he would have been a near samus clone. that isnt going to happen. meta knight wont let it.

as for raiden and snake, i think if he is asked to be in they will let him. other than that, i dont know anyone who enjoys playing as snake. his moveset it kinda weird, and hes pretty cumbersome.

H!volt23

Smash Rookie
OUT:
Ivysaur/Charizard from pokemon trainer
Sonic
ROB

IN:
Toon Zelda/Tetra/Shiek
Pokemon trainer with... Scyther/Snorelax
Megaman
Boo

~rh

Smash Lord
OUT:
Ivysaur/Charizard from pokemon trainer
Sonic
ROB

IN:
Toon Zelda/Tetra/Shiek
Pokemon trainer with... Scyther/Snorelax
Megaman
Boo
Put Jiggs in the outs and you got a great list.

D

Deleted member

My complete evaluation of the current roster

Pit: Unless theres another game OUT

Wario: IN

Zero Suit Samus: In the middle on this one

Ike: Depends on if he stars in anymore games Probably IN

Pokemon Trainer: OUT

Diddy Kong: IN

Meta Knight: IN

Snake: Doesn't fit the game OUT

Lucas: Just one Earthbound character please (No more clones) IN

Sonic: IN

King DeDeDe: IN

Olimar: Unless there's a sequel OUT

Mario: IN

Link: IN

Kirby: In

Pikachu: IN

Fox: IN

Samus: IN

Zelda: IN

Bowser: In

DK: IN

Yoshi: In

Peach: IN

Ice Climbers: Just go...

Shiek: As long as she's just a transformation IN

Ness: see Lucas (one or the other)

Marth: IN

Falco: Just Limit StarFox to about as many characters as Donkey Kong series because StarFox having more than Donkey Kong is screwed up. (In if they add a few more people to the next game)

Captain Falcon: IN

Lucario: Out (bring back Mewtwo)

R.O.B.- I hope someone destroys this worthless piece of junk (OUT)

G&W: IN (Nintendo's first character)

Ganondorf: IN

Jigglypuff: Why is it still here? Original Roster member maybe? OUT

Toon Link: I'm on the fence on this one IN (For Now)

Wolf: IN

New Guys

Simon Belmont: Don't have a clue why no one suggests him (We don't have any whip users!)

King K. Rool: Dk needs a nemesis

Tails: More Sonic characters please

Samurai Goroh: F-Zero is better than just one guy

Ridley: See Samurai Goroh

Ryu/Ken: Movesets would be easy as they're from a fighting game

Spike (Ape Escape): Net as his weapon (we don't have any net users!) and plenty of subweapons He's Sony though

Knuckles: A non-speed Sonic character! No Way!

Isaac: Do I even need to explain?

Wolf Link/Midna: If they're in another game (I doubt it)

Bowser Jr.- Smaller, faster Bowser with new attacks

Travis Touchdown: If there is another game

Dr. Robotnik/Eggman: We need the Sonic villain

Tom nook: Animal Crossing representative

Please No list

Math: no explanation necessary

Geno: What is so amazing about Geno? Is it his amazing One game career (not counting the cameo) or is it his over 10 year outdatedness?

Mike Tyson: I don't think ear biting is a legal Smash attack

Big The Cat: Lose some frickin weight!

Krystal: Why we need another StarFox character is beyond me considering all Nintendo can do with them is make more clones. And four StarFox characters is a little overboard (That's the same as The Legend of Zelda which I find way more important) Let's just say if i could make one thing happen in the next Smash Bros. It'd be to make sure krystal never appeared in a Smash Bros game.

shadow3.0

Smash Cadet
In:

Shadow
Tails
Knuckles
Silver
Espio
Jet The Hawk
Tetra
Roy
Young Link

Out:

Toon Link
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Zero Suit Samus
Ice Climbers

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
Out
Toon Link

In
Young Link
I don't get it when people say that. They are basically the same person.
Besides, Nintendo messed up Young Links attacks. They should have given him the items he actually used instead of equipping him with arrows, hookshots, etc.

Amigo

Smash Cadet
Out
Toon Link

In
Mewtwo
K.Rool
Ridley
Krystal
Megaman
Tom Nook
Samurai Goroh
Skull Kid
Little Mac
Ray 01
Bubsy

Not saying all my 'ins' should have made it, but they were all deserving of a spot except for making Bubsy that I justed wanted in there. Out of my ins list though perhaps about 3-5 of them(any) should have got in because they are all unique.

What the fruitloop is up with many people wanting Jiggs to go? Is it because your sick of her or something? I think she should stay.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
out:

- 2 of any of the Pokemon characters... what's up with having 6 characters from Pokemon? (trainer being 3 characters) not even the Mario serie get that many and Pokemon also get Pokeballs, it's like they made it the main franchise of smash... sick of this lol

- ROB

in:

- Ridley (Too big? Olimar is the size of a quarter in his game and no one complained about resizing? lol)

- Captain Syrup (Female pirate and main bad ''guy'' from Wario Land 1 and 2)

Random idea: Replacing Zelda by Wind Waker-style Zelda, she could turn into Tetra instead of Shiek.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
out:

- 2 of any of the Pokemon characters... what's up with having 6 characters from Pokemon? (trainer being 3 characters) not even the Mario serie get that many and Pokemon also get Pokeballs, it's like they made it the main franchise of smash... sick of this lol

- ROB

in:

- Ridley (Too big? Olimar is the size of a quarter in his game and no one complained about resizing? lol)

- Captain Syrup (Female pirate and main bad ''guy'' from Wario Land 1 and 2)

Random idea: Replacing Zelda by Wind Waker-style Zelda, she could turn into Tetra instead of Shiek.
The reason for so many is because Pokemon has 493 of them, and you're saying they don't need more.

I put him in the misc. pile

Ridley=impractical size, he is much bigger than Samus, and to keep scale, Ridley will have to stay awfully big.

Who?

Or, better yet, adding a toon Zelda.

Micahc

Smash Ace
roy was pretty cool, but mewtwo lacked the strong finishers that everyone else had. his moves had no knockback, except of course his throws.
And his fully charged SB, f-smash, fair, and d-smash. His bair was also excellent for edge guarding.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Megaman or Geno are two people I would've loved to see, wonder if Nintendo will get more 3rd party characters in the next installment of super smash bros...

As for Nintendo owned characters, I would've loved to see Bowser Jr., I just wonder what his moveset would look like...

Edit: I am also a bit sad to see the doctor didn't make it to Brawl, I know he was just a clone of Mario, but I prefered the attributes.

Micahc

Smash Ace
they had some, but they didnt hit with that satisfying smack that others did. and, they didnt fly as far.

edit: I really like your sig.

And yes, they hit hard. At around 80% on a lot of characters, SB would start killing, and at just over a hundred his smashes either set up for edge guards, edge guarded themselves, or flat out killed.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I'd put back Mewtwo instead of Lucario, he was the coolest character in melee, I would have made him less floaty, Improve the Shadow Ball, make the Teleport better, make the Side B Ice Beam, and the Down B can be Psychic(with dizziness at the end) Improve the Smashes(especially the up-smash), change the aerial's(the fair can be the same, but buffed up with a very high range, like aerial ace in pokemon games) the F-Smash can be something like a brick Break, the Up-Smash can be something like an explosion(sort of like ivysaur's) and make him faster(a bit slower than Wolf)

I would add Leon Powalski. since he is wolf's falco. he could have different moves. If not leon, Krystal.
Banjo, Pac-Man can be nice. for 3rd party. R.O.B. is actually a great choice, He fits the SSB Series perfectly, Geno would kick *** too.

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice

And yes, they hit hard. At around 80% on a lot of characters, SB would start killing, and at just over a hundred his smashes either set up for edge guards, edge guarded themselves, or flat out killed.
i just played melee some more with mewtwo, and they do hit harder than i thought, i just never used mewtwo that much. hes slower than my personal liking =P

D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed that R.O.B. isn't from a video game? So please tell me why he's in a game where video game all-stars fight it out

And still, no one has answered my question of why we need more StarFox characters when they're all clones anyway.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that R.O.B. isn't from a video game? So please tell me why he's in a game where video game all-stars fight it out

And still, no one has answered my question of why we need more StarFox characters when they're all clones anyway.
A: ROB was an accessory to the NES (like the Wii balance board) and actually helped stop the video game crash. What happened was that ROB was listed as a "robot toy" and the NES system was included, so people bought ROB and the NES and got into the games. what's even more, this meant people can get home console games aswell.

B: Two parts
1:technically, Falco and Wolf are not clones, but semiclones (or Luigified) which means that while certain moves are similar, the characters themselves have some individuality. it was named after Luigi, the first clone who turned into the first semiclone.

2: People really want Krystal in, and some even want Leon in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom