• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

characters that should have made it to SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Out:
R.O.B

I really hope Nintendo will someday start adding downloadable content for their games, so maybe SSBB is going to see some new faces in the future.
2 Things: I don't see why there's all the R.O.B. Hate, he is an awesome character.

Also, if we do get downloadable content, then judging by the fact that the Wii isn't a computer and according to Brawl's Code, the only faces we'd be seeing is Dixie, Plusle&Minum, Toon Zelda/Sheik, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.

Schwad

Smash Rookie
Taizo Hori from Dig Dug, Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age (at least as an assist trophy), Santa from Elf Bowling, and of course... Wayne Gretzky.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
No one needs to get out of Brawl.

Characters who should have been in Brawl:

-Krystal
-Micaiah
-Paula (Earthbound/MOTHER 2, much better than having Claus)
-Mona (Warioware)
-K Rool
-Isaac
-Muddy Mole
-Demille (Tomato Adventure)
-Takamaru
-Sukapon
-Ridley (small size)
-Mii (I'd work)
-Roy (as a super secret super hard to unlock alt for Marth or as an Assist Trophy)
-Mewtwo (either as a playable character buffed or as an Assist Trophy)

Characters who I'd like but wouldn't mind if they weren't in:

-Geno
-Maria (from the game "Sadness")
-Banjo Kazooie
-Megaman or Master Chief
-Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)

Guilhe

Smash Ace
I think the characters I have sugested for inclusion (and exclusion) in Brawl were just enough. The inclusion of too much characters could make the game more unbalanced. But Brawl came the way he is now, with problemaly no addicional characters, so I hope these characters show up on the next edition. Oh! And one more character:

Vyse, form Sega's Skies of Arcadia.

Geist

Smash Master
I think it would have been only common sense to put in another representative for a series that had only a single character from the prequels(not including new series like pikmin).
Like Metroid.... and that's really it. You can't really do much with ICs can you?
Sometimes I think everyone working at nintendo is a blonde.

I need to squeeze this in here too. This thread is called characters that should have made it to brawl. should
That really only applies to major nintendo franchises or at least widely known nintendo franchises, and 3rd party would have to relate to that somehow too.
- Snake is in because Kojima worked directly under Miyamoto, the creator of Mario
- Sonic is in because... well I don't know 100%, but it's related to Sonic & Mario at the Olympic games.

Master chief, although badass, does not belong in brawl -_-'
Alot of names I see in here are from minor games that were fun but had no specific significance in nintendo. If you ask someone who half these characters are, they wouldn't know.

Also, on the Geno thing. The only reason he WASN'T in Brawl is because he was owned by square, who refused to give the rights to him to nintendo. They even had to pull out a song from Forest Maze to avoid a lawsuit. He was practically a last minute removal.
He was going to be in, but if he was, he would be counted as a 3rd Party, and then we might get a character like Cloud or Sora. >_<
Not in my smashbros you don't.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I always thought it would have been cool if sonic, tails, and knuckles were all switch-out characters(like Pokemon Trainer), but I never realized Tails and Knuckles weren't owned by Nintendo. I thought they were owned by nintendo because of Sonic Riders? Don't flame me because I'm wrong, I was just confused by Slickmasterizzy's comment. Someone please explain this to me!:)

K64

Smash Apprentice
I think it would have been only common sense to put in another representative for a series that had only a single character from the prequels(not including new series like pikmin).
Like Metroid.... and that's really it. You can't really do much with ICs can you?
Sometimes I think everyone working at nintendo is a blonde.

I need to squeeze this in here too. This thread is called characters that should have made it to brawl. should
That really only applies to maj

Guilhe

Smash Ace
2 Things: I don't see why there's all the R.O.B. Hate, he is an awesome character.

Also, if we do get downloadable content, then judging by the fact that the Wii isn't a computer and according to Brawl's Code, the only faces we'd be seeing is Dixie, Plusle&Minum, Toon Zelda/Sheik, Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario.
I got to take back what I've said. R.O.B. deserves to be a smash brother. Snake by the other side... I'm not sure.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
THIS JUST IN: GENO IS BETTER THAN CHUCK NORRIS AND LUCARIO.

I mean, look at the facts:

One of his attacks does OVER 9000!!!!!1one!!
His name backwards sounds like ownage. (Oneg)
He can fire lazer from his ARMS.
He has a blue color cape, which is instant badassness.

You can't deny it, Geno just had to be in Brawl.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
take no one out, just change clones w/different movesets.

krystal
secret apprentice (star wars)
mewtwo
ridly
roy
tetra
shadow (playable)
tails
master chief
another fire emblem
bowser jr. (shadow mario might be better)
tingle!!! - just so we can beat him up!!!
some final fantasy person
lara croft

some guys from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8NFf6eVQY

there's another one but some of the characters... smash boards would ban me for it. lol

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well... here's my list of who SHOULD HAVE been in

Mewtwo
Blaziken
Ridley
Wart

3rd party
Cloud
Sora
Sephiroph
Wart
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro

here's of who SHOULDN'T HAVE been in

Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Olimar
Jigglypuff

Exypnos

Smash Cadet
"here's of who SHOULDN'T HAVE been in

Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Olimar
Jigglypuff?"

I disagree with maybe everyone except Toon Link

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
People suggesting the likes of Geno, Baby Mario, Bowser, Jr., Rare-owned characters, Master flippin' Chief...makes me glad Sakurai didn't listen to our demands.

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
the only reason people even know who olimar is was because of how hard it was to get his trophy in melee. thats why they put him in brawl.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
the only reason people even know who olimar is was because of how hard it was to get his trophy in melee. thats why they put him in brawl.
Yeah, right. He was in two games, and each were pretty popular, from what I've heard.

Pit -> OUT

Seriously, Pit is useless (to me anyway, but thats my opinion). I know he was supposed to be in the original smash bros, but seriously.

IN

I dunno. Maybe some MORE Pokemon/Zelda representatives... if we need anymore.

And looking through this thread, I see that more than a couple people enjoy bashing Lucario/ROB.

ROB was crucial to Nintendo's history. Without him, Nintendo couldn't persuade stores to sell
video games/consoles after the crash.
And Lucario. Seriously, he deserves to be in brawl MUCH more than Mewtwo. Mewtwo just didn't feel right in Melee. Lucario represents the most current generation of pokemon anyway.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
PowerBomb said:
Pit -> OUT
Seriously, Pit is useless
Now you wait a cotton-pickin'...

PowerBomb said:
(to me anyway, but thats my opinion)
Well...I don't have to agree, but I'll respect that...

PowerBomb said:
And looking through this thread, I see that more than a couple people enjoy bashing Lucario/ROB.

ROB was crucial to Nintendo's history. Without him, Nintendo couldn't persuade stores to sell
video games/consoles after the crash.
And Lucario. Seriously, he deserves to be in brawl MUCH more than Mewtwo. Mewtwo just didn't feel right in Melee. Lucario represents the most current generation of pokemon anyway.
I would have loved it if both Lucario & Mewtwo had made it in. Seriosuly, though, we all had to know at least ONE Diamond/Pearl Pokémon would be included, and seriously, Lucario was the best candidate. It within itself is a mascot of that specific generation.

It's popularity among Pokémon fans.
It's overexposure during advertising in both Japan and the U.S.
It's position on the Diamond/Peral tierlists.
It's overuse in competitive play in Diamond/Pearl tourneys.

Shame that come Pokémon generation number 5, Lucario will be overshadowed again. Then again, if Jigglypuff has endured, despite its lack of popularity outside the SSB community for YEARS now, then I can see Lucario's popularity enduring.

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
Characters that I think should have made it in
Mega Man(Classic,Starforce or X)
Zero(X,Zero series)
Tetra or Toon Zelda/Shiek
Toon Gannon
Knuckles
KH2's Sora(with his Final Mix + Limit Form outfit as one of his extra costume)
Shadow - His moves can be different from Sonic since he uses Chaos Control
Roy
Dr. Mario
Characters that I think should have been left out
Jigglpuff.
I had more,but I can't remember anyone else right now.:confused:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I would have like a fire emblem character (possibly Hector, Micaiah, Black Knight, or Soren) and a Zelda Character (maybe Vaati, Skull kid, Fierce Deity)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Out:
Wolf (POS spammy side smash and laser....
ditty king (spammy banana)
sonic (just broken)
olimar (spammy pikmin and all he does is pikmin)

IN:
Krystal to replace wolf (from starfox)
Banjo to replace ditty
roy
knuckles from sonic)
and they couldnt put a shadow skin in there for sonic? i mean cmon -.- shadow > sonic ... they have a daisy skin for peach :'(

insect_nation

Smash Rookie
i like the idea of banjo, that certainly would be fun. wolf link/midna combined could be interesting too! what about one of the putty squad boys, oh yes. putty squad. moves including nitro haha.
also my brother misses roy, he should be there.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Out:
Wolf (POS spammy side smash and laser....
ditty king (spammy banana)
sonic (just broken)
olimar (spammy pikmin and all he does is pikmin)

IN:
Krystal to replace wolf (from starfox)
Banjo to replace ditty
roy
knuckles from sonic)
and they couldnt put a shadow skin in there for sonic? i mean cmon -.- shadow > sonic ... they have a daisy skin for peach :'(
Wow....just wow. Is this a serious post? I agree that Wolf should be taken out, but almost everything else in this post is ridiculious.

-Any "ditty king" player that just spams bananas is going to lose, it sounds like you just lost to one so he must be overpowered.

-As for Sonic being broken, I can only hope that you mean that he's UNDERpowered.

-Olimar needs no explanation.

-Krystal replacing Wolf I can understand.

-Banjo is made by Rare, which is now owned by Microsoft. He's never going to be in.

-Why would anyone want Roy back in? It's not like he was any good in melee anyway.

-Why would Knuckles replace Sonic? Remove the main character and add a supporting character? Yeah, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom