• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
stfu GaW4lyfe. Nah PT sucks and all the legit PTs know it. We just wish you sonic***s would accept the same.
lolololol
sonic places better than all of the other low tiers and almost all of the mid tiers
lolololol

But yeah he sucks. We just make him so pro.
People just don't like to accept tournament results.

thars no wai sawnik can plase consisntently at 18th fer the past liek 6 months
sawnik is low tires an is a joke charactar

:093:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Please do not say the Fox players think he's great. I know he sucks and is overrated.

M@v

Subarashii!
Also I never said hes great. Hes Good, in the high mid tier to low high tier range. Nothing special, but decent.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
stfu GaW4lyfe. Nah PT sucks and all the legit PTs know it. We just wish you sonic***s would accept the same.

whens the december update happening Ankoku?
LOL we know d*** well Sonic sucks, the only difference is that he has a pretty big & strong fanbase with a select few people that can advance his metagame pretty far ahead.

I really do Sonic stays in low-tier, I don't even care anymore, I want to be able to particpate in those fun low-tier tourneys and feel like I'm playing Meta Knight instead.

I'm going to be laughing if I see Sonic get even further ahead in results, this @#$% is way too good.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wait wait

just commenting to recent posts

how would ness dominate low tier tourneys

go charizard, use grab

:win:

Yoshi/Sonic/PT are the best of low tier tourneys imo.

man rock smash itself doesn't belong in low tier, that **** is unfair. when i play PT dittos i'm like "omg this is what i've been doing to people this whole time? jesus christ i'm a douche."

i also hope PT stays low tier (he will). low tier tourneys are too fuuuuun.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Charizard and Rock Smash would be Mid-Tier if they were their own characters.

And BTW yes, Rock Smash is it's own character, it's just that good.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Rock Smash is to PT what Steak is to Sonic.

PT for Rock Smash Tier plz

Seriously tho, wtf happened at Casa Del Fino! Good **** Link Mains! And I'm dissapointed you didnt crack top 8 Steeler =(

PKNintendo

Smash Master
wait wait

just commenting to recent posts

how would ness dominate low tier tourneys

go charizard, use grab

:win:

Yoshi/Sonic/PT are the best of low tier tourneys imo.

man rock smash itself doesn't belong in low tier, that **** is unfair. when i play PT dittos i'm like "omg this is what i've been doing to people this whole time? jesus christ i'm a douche."

i also hope PT stays low tier (he will). low tier tourneys are too fuuuuun.
Facepalm to head desk. You posted like an idiot!

Seriously, when we even did the Ness vs Charizard you didn't post **** like this. Zard CG can be minimized with SGB. Minimal damage too. Seriously, the characters that will dominate low tier tournaments will honestly be Yoshi, Ness, Mario and Sonic.

Seriously, counterpicking works well against PT for Ness, and lol at Zard being Ness worst matchup. Ivy is far worse fot PT.

I mean come on, with that mentality you honestly think you'll win? It's like picking MK and thinking you'll win, your forgetting the skill factor.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
wait what, you understand that you will be taking like 30-40 damage everytime we grab Ness. And Squirtle and char have a nice and easy time with Ness anyways. WTF why do all low tier mains think their character *****. Accept that we are all 0:100 against everyone else.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
wait what, you understand that you will be getting like 30-40 damage everytime you grab Ness. WTF why do all low tier mains think their character *****. Accept that we are all 0:100 against everyone else.
And have you actually USED it against someone? Yes? Someone who didn't know how to deal with it no doubt. With the SGB, it does 20% maximum. And thats with the chance to air break.

Your an idiot if you think 0:100 actually exists.
GG

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
And have you actually USED it against someone? Yes? Someone who didn't know how to deal with it no doubt. With the SGB, it does 20% maximum. And thats with the chance to air break.

Your an idiot if you think 0:100 actually exists.
GG
Wow you are a ***, obviously I dont think 100:0 exists moron. Learn to read between the lines....

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Test Your Might 3, December 27, 2008
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6215071#post6215071
Entry fee: 5$
Singles: 10$

Singles, 34 Entrants:

1. Lain (Ice Climbers, D3)($198.00)
2. Omniswell (Ice Climbers, Metaknight)($99.00)
3. Shugo Senpai (Sonic)($33.00)
4. King Chaos(Samus, Rob)
5. NOJ(GnW)
5. Bowyer(MK)
7. Falco400 (Diddy, Wolf, Donkey kong)
7. JoeS (Snake, Metaknight)

moral of the story?
Sonic ***** and Bowyer needs to go back to Jigglypuff
From what I saw, king chaos played rob against anyone that mattered... lol, thats like how I won a tourney with captain falcon because the only guy who could beat it decided to have some fun and played gannon.

Moral of the story? I have one bad placing in Canada because I was pissed off the whole time and then I get 5th in Ohio because I lose a matchup I don't have a clue on and another MI guy so I obviously should go back to jiggs? I really doubt my jiggs could go basically even with Ally, Holy, or any of the MI guys like my meta does :/

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
It'd be cool if for only a month we got kept track of everyone who participated in tournaments, even if they lost, just to give everyone an idea on who gets played the most in tournaments. It'd be really hard, but it could effect how we think on how good certain characters are versus how often they are used.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hear he's supposed to be like a totally **** Sonic, but I don't think any of his matches were recorded or anything. Can't find him anywhere except for his recent placing.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Who's this Shugo?
I hear he's supposed to be like a totally **** Sonic, but I don't think any of his matches were recorded or anything. Can't find him anywhere except for his recent placing.
shugo is KC's younger brother. He gets bullied easily. He also likes playing tales games, chatting onlinec and making fun of me. I think this is his first In person tournement.
both chaos are shugo are very good though chaos got 2nd place in a 214 player Online tournement recently using samus as a main.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
lolololol
sonic places better than all of the other low tiers and almost all of the mid tiers
lolololol

But yeah he sucks. We just make him so pro.
People just don't like to accept tournament results.

thars no wai sawnik can plase consisntently at 18th fer the past liek 6 months
sawnik is low tires an is a joke charactar

:093:
I don't understand how his tournament results combat the idea that he's low tier. He has a bunch of people playing as him, I've never seen him place top 10 at any tournament that had players of more than two regions, and he gains a bunch of points from pesky 20 man tournaments placing 5th or 7th. Sonic doesn't get many points from large tournaments IMO. Perhaps I have regional bias because a Sonic player has yet to even place top 30 in Socal without using a secondary. I can't speak for other regions but in my region he can't do anything. And when I've gone to Norcal and Texas (two other regions) I didn't see sonic players place either, yet I saw a pokemon trainer place top 20 at West Coast smash league. Don't know how it is on East Coast or other regions but Sonic isn't doing anything on West Coast.

There was a period in time where I placed top 7 very consistenly with Peach that it put her in high tier, next to the likes of Game and Watch and ROB. Yet I don't claim that she can be grouped with these characters because you have to realize this list ONLY TAKES INTO ACCOUNT TOP 7 AND DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE POPULARITY OF THE CHARACTER. The more popular the character the more results they are going to have. Good characters yield more people using them, but that's only if they are really good, like high or top tier. Sonic is only doing well because a million people try to use him and are extremely zealous over him. He attains the majorty (not all, just majority) of his points from tournaments that don't HAVE 7 skilled players. He's not that good of a character IMO.

People need to understand that these results are raw data and because of the method of obtaining this raw data , the result can be flawed and influenced by specific players who go to tournaments a lot, character popularity, and a bunch of other factors. Sonic is on the good receiving end of all this if you look closely at where his points are coming from.

Browny

Smash Hater
FUN FUN TIME

Players who have gotten Sonic points in the last 2 months of the list

Shadowlink, Malcolm, Minato, X, Anther, KMAG, Pheonix, Puffbal, KID, NoR4U, DJBrowny, Blue, Fruity, Jkip, IceDX, Sonik (16 total)

Lets compare it to... i dont know, Peach?
Sky, SD, KOKingpin, Kied, Dark.pch, Edrees, Iketakeda, Slikvik, peepo, core, Smeesh, Bone (12 total)

OMG sonic has a MILLION players flooding the tourney scene. There just arent enough other character mainers to stop these 16 and their mission to skew tourney results forever.

Sonic has more players than most of the low/middle tiers but thats about it. maybe, just MAYBE people are using him because he could be... viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom