• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
meh, suck it up cuz, there are a million of them.

if you fall apart because one or two girls reject you, you start to lose confidence...

Which brings me back to that part where i said confidence is big yadayadayada.
Of course you shouldn't let rejection make you fall apart. Its just that the common notion of a guy not being affected by rejection and quickly moving to the next one is not really true.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
first off OMG DULL RAZER SHOWS UP FROM THE ASHES

<--TKO

man I had wondered what happened to you.

I'm pretty blind to when guys are trying to hit on me.

Hmm...so you have to be upfront with Kaila...that sounds like a recipe to get upfront rejected...lol

guys how do you tell a clingy chick to like...not be clingy without coming off as a douche?

this one chick I could be talking to...I'm avoiding it because I already know she is clingy as ****...and one thing i hate more than anything...is a clingy chick...a chick that makes me feel like if i cheated on her with her sister and then told her about it she wouldn't even think about leaving me...

I need a challenge...I need to chase...work for the *****...Ya dig?

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
*pulls up chair*

Advice from a geezer:

1) Be funny, but not comically goofy.
2) Intelligent, but not a fecking prick about it.
3) Saracastic Wit over Toilet Innuendo (Read: "That's what she said" is lame. Also, overly bi-curious/homo-erotic humor only in SMALL doses.)
4) Be confident, not cocky.
5) Be a gentleman, without being borderline creepy.
6) Be knowledgeable, articulate, able to carry on a meaningful conversation if the need arises.
7) Find your favorite 'tasteful' alcoholic beverage (Ex: Tom Collins, Old Fashioned, etc)
8) Well kept
9) Know when to press the issue of flirtation in an attempt to escalate the relationship or current action
10) Know your league.
I approve of this post.

1. This is a super art form and varies heavily girl to girl, but in general: girls love comedians, not clowns.
2. This is a super art form too. A girl needs to feel stimulated by your intellect, not challenged or intimidated by it.
3. Duh
4. This is a super fine line. Cockiness works on a lot of girls (example: Jersey Shore) but confidence is obviously better. Girls have a hyper elevated sense about confidence and it has to permeate out of you to make a real impression in a social setting.
5. Another fine line that's SUPER girl dependent. What some girls see as classy/charming/chivalrous, other girls see as dated/awkward/creepy. It's all about how you were brought up vs their idea of romantic.
6. TOO important. Most girls suck at starting conversation and will depend on you to get the ball rolling and pick it up if it stops. The more vast your knowledge of common topics and the better you are at segues, the better you'll be at this.
7. Agreed. Also, not overdrinking your date is important. You being way drunker than her can lead to you saying/doing dumb things.
8. Important, but surprisingly less important than you think. Girls have gotten conditioned to guys being slobs in some form or fashion. It's kinda gross, actually.
9. So. hard. Being too flirtation can scare them off, being too nice can land you in the friend zone. I'm still figuring this one out myself. Super girl dependent as well.
10. Know your league, yes, but don't settle, or you will become unhappy and restless. I'm a firm believer that you can change leagues with enough effort. I see unnattractive guys with beautiful girls all the time.

In conclusion: Girl-Guy match up is like 70-30, but kinda stage of life dependent. Get ****ed up, us.

/match up knowledge

lord karn

Smash Master
I read all of those points as supergirl dependent instead of super girl dependent. like she's going to fly in and mess everything up depending on the waxing and waning of venus

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
first off OMG DULL RAZER SHOWS UP FROM THE ASHES

<--TKO

man I had wondered what happened to you.

Hmm...so you have to be upfront with Kaila...that sounds like a recipe to get upfront rejected...lol

guys how do you tell a clingy chick to like...not be clingy without coming off as a douche?

this one chick I could be talking to...I'm avoiding it because I already know she is clingy as ****...and one thing i hate more than anything...is a clingy chick...a chick that makes me feel like if i cheated on her with her sister and then told her about it she wouldn't even think about leaving me...

I need a challenge...I need to chase...work for the *****...Ya dig?
Imma take this as an opportunity to explain my absence:

I Just decided that, well, I had some things to take care of that were more important than the game. Operative word being *the game* (inb4youjustlostit... bc its unrelated, but pretty darn sly, imo) and not the "community" and the friends I've made within it and because of it. Unfortunately, I had to remove myself from the community in order to remove myself from the game.

I kind of said to myself around February, that I needed to start living like a 23 year old. I committed myself to improving my life as best I could; I set high goals that were still attainable with hard work, dedication, and self-control & self-sacrifice. (See: only going out one weekend a month, and even then doing something that was very inexpensive, cutting back on things I didnt absolutely NEED).

I sold my car and am in the process of scoping out a new one; weighing what is and isn't in my budget vs what I really want & don't want. I've been working a metric ****e-ton; around 50+ hours a week. Catching up on bills, buying some things I've wanted for awhile all while saving money & building credit- actually doing some investing now in mutual funds, 401(k), and dabbling in currency. Spent almost 5k on dental work that was basically a direct result of me being depressed about my situation in life + having smash as an outlet to remove myself from my life issues instead of addressing them.

Things have been progressing according to plan thus far: money in the bank, female companion, going to be driving a good car that I am going to be buying *myself*. My self confidence is up, and I feel like I'm making positive progress in other facets of my life as I prepare for the future. The only downside is that I am still unable to move out of my pop's house and be able to finish accomplishing these goals & also lead the lifestyle I want to. So, as a reward for working hard throughout the year to make such progress, I am allowing myself to (attempt) to get back into the smash scene again.

Now... onto the other part of TKO's post:

If you are IN a relationship with clingy girl: Be honest, but tactful. Mention it to her casually. Give her a compliment sandwich; something she does that makes you :), the clingy stuff that makes you :(, and something else that makes you :).

Something along the lines of: "Hey, ya know... I really like the way I feel when I'm around you. And, I dig that you want to be around and with me a lot, its really flattering. But, at times... its a little... well, difficult. I dig you, and you dig me (conjecture, used for example). That's cool. But, we're adults, ya know... and we don't HAVE to spend every waking second together, or do over the top cuddly stuff in public, (or whatever it is that bugs you specifically). To me, that's something that means more. To be able to be around someone, and just BE there... without all the extra stuff."

Now, if you aren't in a relationship but wouldn't mind hollerin' at her:

Let her know you are interested/ go ahead and start spittin' game, but do something similar to the above in the intermediate future afterward. Like: "I dig you and all, and to be honest Id like to kind of see where we could go. But, to be honest, Im just not the type of person who neccessarily wants to be draped on all the time, or feels that he has to call every so often, etc etc."

Sorry for the wall of text.

<3

Edit: To make it on topic- when is this gonna be updated?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thats good stuff razer.

i had hoped to meet u when i started playing in wilmington, but we never got a chance. i hope to see you in the future, and i'm glad you've gotten things (at least relatively) straight.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Brawl is that one game with the ****** ball wearing a mask and holding a sword. Don't take my word for it, but I heard from some people that he's kinda broken. What the hell could they possibly be talking about?

Jon?

Smash Champion
Brawl?

Me and Sushi play that game in free for gays and Ganon is banned because he is too OP.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so yeah.....there's a tournament going on this weekend and its not got enough hype. Apparently, there's still a lot of people who don't know about it.....even though its been posted for a month. Come to Duke Bi-weeklies. Hype it!!

HyL!

Smash Lord
so uhh, does anyone know how to tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in, or if it's just an ache all over the mouth? :S asking this because the last time i went to the dentist to check they charged $200 for looking at it <.<

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
so uhh, does anyone know how to tell if your wisdom teeth are coming in, or if it's just an ache all over the mouth? :S asking this because the last time i went to the dentist to check they charged $200 for looking at it <.<
well you should get a splitting headache the first time they start coming in. I mean, like, a real ****ing splitting headache. I got one in the middle of class one day back in high school.....was crying by the end of it. Had to argue with the principal to go home. He wanted to say I needed a parent. I said, I got my car and I'm leaving.

But you should see the tops of them. And if you press down on them, you should feel them and it should create a sensation of pain that somehow dulls the pain that they are giving you. I know.....weird, right? You can't understand unless you actually do it. Then you'll know what I mean.

HyL!

Smash Lord
hmm, i do have a really bad headache, my ears hurt also. i've had a ton of tylenol and ibuprofen, but nothing helps. it's like the entire set of teeth that hurt, so i'm not sure if that would be it :/

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
hmm, i do have a really bad headache, my ears hurt also. i've had a ton of tylenol and ibuprofen, but nothing helps. it's like the entire set of teeth that hurt, so i'm not sure if that would be it :/
that actually sounds like your wisdom teeth are coming in. Otherwise, that's also similar to some rare jaw disease I've heard of. But more likely, its the first.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
well the pain goes away over time. Like it will last a day or two and then go away. And then come back months....even years later. The wisdom teeth grow very slowly and so the pain only occurs once a threshold has been passed.

DJRome

Smash Hero
jon, u should get at me about this card mapping bidniz i did some youtubing and reading and seems u should get that ross edwards book

DJRome

Smash Hero
ya but it seems like the mapping of 2 tracks is not too bad to guess and i was thinking about writing something that grabs card prices and then calculates probability and expected value of trying to open a pack for certain cards. . .

V1CE

Smash Champion
ask the tooooofff fairy... or keith ... they are like the same thing soo :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom